JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Namie Amuro - Do Me More

Author Topic: [09/25] Morning Musume album [The Best! ~Updated Morning Musume~]  (Read 13937 times)

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
Re: [09/25] Morning Musume album [The Best! ~Updated Morning Musume~]
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2013, 08:04:03 PM »
I'm less excited about the release with every song we hear.  :sweatdrop: Oh well, I hope the sales are good for the sake of the girls and their comeback as the new Momusu!
rina ♥ mini

Offline Mage77

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2013, 08:25:50 PM »
Wasn't super excited by the intro but I think the song came good in the end.

Offline Mucca

• Go! Amazon Goddess!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2013, 02:26:32 PM »

Offline Mage77

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2013, 07:37:49 PM »
I dunno, this might be pushing it a little.

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2013, 09:14:17 PM »
I dunno, I'm really liking everything so far xD especially Dupeace xD Could be my inner love for such things speaking.

I'm just curious if this album's gonna be a part of the setlist for their fall tour, I would love to see if there's new choreography!

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2013, 12:50:55 AM »
Okay, my thoughts so far...

Renai Revolution 21 - The original was an all-time favorite of mine but I'm kinda tired of it now, so I do like the update...but, again, like everyone has said already, it could've had more done to it.
I Wish - On one hand, I'm disappointed, because it lost the hip-hop flavor that made the original so great (seriously, the original [noembed][/noembed], how awesome was that!!! Why can't this one sample The Game or Kendrick Lamar or something???), and it probably could've benefitted from a more prominent Zukki presence...and yeah, that last line by Riho. :lol: But on the other hand, I still like it as a nice contrast, bringing a more subdued, gentle, and peaceful vibe that matches the lyrical theme just as well as the sugary and loud sound of the original.
Love Machine - Similar case with RR21: kinda tired of the original so the update is welcome, and it's still pretty good, especially with the slower beat parts, but judging from the preview so far I'm not expecting the rest of the song to blow me away. The Club Hello trance remix from 2002 (awesome underrated album, by the way) was better.
The Peace - Now this is an update! I love the trance influence and the dubstep surrounding the intro chants...and hey, I can actually hear Zukki! But damn, the preview cuts off right before the monologue! WHYYYYYYYY.... But yeah, this could very well be up there with [noembed][/noembed] for worthy update to a classic. :twothumbs

When it comes down to it, though, I think my biggest disappointment will be not with what's on the album but what's not on it: I don't like that the album will be skipping over Platinum Era while including a couple newer songs ("Renai Hunter" and "One Two Three") that don't really need updating...like seriously, I'd love to see what they could've done with "Resonant Blue" or "Nanchatte Renai". But I still plan on buying this, though just the regular version--I probably won't need the DVD, and don't want the stupid cover with the bad lighting. :P
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline Mage77

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2013, 01:16:07 AM »
You know what, forget what I said earlier. This upgraded version of "The Peace" is pretty good.

I guess I just needed to play it a few times to get used to the wubs.

Offline elgie

• Yossi's worth a good jerk
  • Member+
  • Miss you, Jab
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2013, 04:36:14 PM »
HOLYFUCKINGBATMAN how in heaven did they allow that last Riho's part in I Wish get through? It's a studio version, not a school festival live!  :tama-mad:

And RR21... the arrangement is OK, but the sound technician should be fired inmediately. That's the most unbalanced sound ever.

But I like Love Machine's new arrangement very much. Of course being such an overplayed song this new version is going to be either very much hated or very much loved. I find it's the version that clashes the less with the original vocals (The Peace on the other hand... ugh. The instrumental is fine but it doesn' suit the vocals at all).

To put it in a few words: fire the sound technician, give the arranger(s) a raise and a slap alternatively and nominate Tsunku for troll of the year. This album is going to be a fucking rollercoaster  :panic:

R.I.P. Jabronisaur

Offline Mage77

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2013, 10:05:55 PM »
A school festival live? Damn, that's cold.

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2013, 11:30:42 PM »
I finally had a chance to listen to the previews listed here....

I like the upgraded the upgraded version of the peace although I really wanted the monologue XD

RR21 is meh  :smhid kinda weird without the deep voices of the original

I WISH is not good at all >_<  Like the voices but the layout :angry: and grr for that last line like Riichan in Rival with the high note

Love Machine is okay.

Guilty to probably buy it XD
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline elgie

• Member+
  • Miss you, Jab
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2013, 12:25:08 AM »
A school festival live? Damn, that's cold.

It's the kind of squeak that would be accepted in an amateur but never, never should get a pass in a professional recording. I may be cold but I hate it when you get this careless attitude from a product that you're supposed to pay for.

R.I.P. Jabronisaur

Offline tru_harmony

• Ships legally in most jurisdictions
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's Official: ~IshiYoshi is Love~
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2013, 11:57:18 AM »
A reminder to everyone that THERE ARE professionals behind the scenes recording and editing behind the girls.

People will always compare the vocal talent/skill/power of singers but remember that there are people selecting what will end up on the record and a lot of times, in this group in particular, the singers have no say on which take in the recording will make it in the end product.

Offline elgie

• Member+
  • Miss you, Jab
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2013, 03:02:33 PM »
A reminder to everyone that THERE ARE professionals behind the scenes recording and editing behind the girls.

People will always compare the vocal talent/skill/power of singers but remember that there are people selecting what will end up on the record and a lot of times, in this group in particular, the singers have no say on which take in the recording will make it in the end product.

My point exactly. It's the producers and the sound technicians to be blamed in this case, and they should know how to do their work properly. If they fail to it's a big fuckup and I have a right to be angry.  :mon ref:

R.I.P. Jabronisaur

Offline tru_harmony

• Ships legally in most jurisdictions
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's Official: ~IshiYoshi is Love~
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2013, 11:30:48 PM »

Offline Mucca

• Go! Amazon Goddess!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2013, 02:12:56 AM »
Watching that video kind of made me wonder what a massive, 45-minute long Morning Musume mega-mix would be like.

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2013, 03:16:47 AM »
More previews means more thoughts....

Souda! We're Alive - Just like with "I Wish", I'm strongly disappointed in how this updated version loses what made the original so great, in this case the funk/rock rhythmic flow. At least the newer "I Wish" brought a fresh perspective with it, whereas this doesn't quite do so...though I must admit it still came out alright, and I probably should've expected this result considering the group's current music direction.
The Manpower!!! - The updates seem subtle, retaining the crazy spirit of the original. The stuttering male voice is a nice touch.
Aruiteru - DAT SAYU-TUNE. XD This is amusing more than anything, with Sayu going solo for an almost Vocaloid vibe.
Renai Hunter - Doesn't seem like much has changed beyond the singers involved and some synth instruments. Maybe the complete/final version will surprise us?
Other recent singles carrying the "updated" tag - Looks like I was right...

...unless they're being reworked specifically to replace the graduates with Sakura.

Seems that all they did was swap the personnel and have them sing over the original beats...which once again makes me question why "One Two Three" was even included on this album when we could've had a Platinum Era song instead. :smhid Come on, Up Front, step yo game up!
Wagamama Ki no Mama Ai no Joke - Oh wait, this didn't get updated...or did it? :lol: Still a fun song.
Wolf Boy - New song! The preview starts off with what I assume is the chorus, and my first thought is "more of the same"...but it turns out for the rest of the song THEY FINALLY DITCHED THAT FOUR-ON-THE-FLOOR MONORHYTHMIC BEAT IN FAVOR OF A FUNKIER DRUM PATTERN! :w00t: Okay, I really should wait to hear the whole song before making a more definitive judgment, but this element alone already makes this song interesting.

So yeah, I generally try not to talk about this too much in fear of it becoming a repetitive complaint, but as you can tell I'm a bit tired of H!P's over-reliance on triple-BPM four-on-the-floor...I mean, don't get me wrong, it's a good foundation to build on, and I still like the recent songs that I like, but from the perspective of my music background it's tiring and feels somewhat lazy. A few swaps of the kicks, a few deletions of snares, some shuffling of hi-hats, and a lot of these songs, admittedly sounding good already, could sound a lot better by bringing in some beat variety. I like the melodic compositions, but feel that they're being held back by the same old rhythm.

But then again, it's probably just my genre biases showing. :P

And whoever uploaded these previews really needs to learn a thing or two about volume clipping! But I guess we'll have to wait for the final CD to hear these songs the way they're meant to be heard.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 03:22:59 AM by J-Triumf »
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline Mage77

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2013, 06:20:15 AM »
Wolf Boy sounds interesting, it's certainly a bit different if nothing else. Gonna have to reserve judgement until I hear the full thing in better quality though.

I'm digging the updated songs overall.

Offline elgie

• Member+
  • Miss you, Jab
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2013, 12:49:45 PM »
I'm going to reserve my opinion on all the tracks until I hear a full version (although The Manpower sounds interesting) but for the moment... woah Aruiteru! It's by far my most hated song and it sounds good here! The electronic sound suits it very well and the Sayu solo is beautfully laid back, contrary to the original version's voices that sounded too forced.

Ooooh, and I like what I heard of Wolf Boy so far. It sounds like a traditional song, niiiiice.

R.I.P. Jabronisaur

Offline XcuteX26262X

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2013, 10:30:17 PM »

Offline AmberSan

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Always タカガキ L-O-V-E
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2013, 01:56:05 PM »