JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Asian Kung-Fu Generation - Mayonaka to Mahiru no Yume

Author Topic: The Dark Knight Rises (2012)  (Read 15103 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
« on: May 02, 2010, 03:59:53 PM »
Chris Nolan's Third Batman to Hit Theaters in Summer 2012!

It looks like the summer of 2012 is going to be one hell of a big blockbuster bonanza, especially in the comic book arena. Not only has Sony already announced it will release its Spider-Man  franchise reboot on July 3rd of 2012, but Warner Bros has finally announced today that they will be releasing the third installment of the Batman franchise from Christopher Nolan on July 20th, 2012. And since The Dark Knight  had about a year and a half of production/post-production between shooting's commencement in January of 2007 and its release in July of 2008, there's a good chance Nolan will start shooting this final sequel early next year.

Sooner than later I'm sure that a script, at least the first draft, will be turned in and we can start the rampant speculation on who the villain will be, not to mention casting rumors that will spawn as we slowly but surely move closer to the start of shooting. No one new has been cast yet, so rumors of Eddie Murphy and Johnny Depp are obviously total BS. Of course, like a whole plethora of films just announced by WB, this will be an IMAX release, and though cinematographer Wally Pfister said he's skeptical about shooting in 3D, there's a better chance that the whole film could be shot in IMAX. Only time will tell, so stay tuned. Who's excited?
http://www.firstshowing.net/2010/04/30/chris-nolans-third-batman-will-hit-theaters-summer-2012/

FUCK YEAH! :thejoker
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 05:16:14 PM by Masa »

Offline nimrod

• RihoLicious!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • BABYMETAL DEATH!
Re: Batman III (2012)
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 12:27:44 AM »
He failed at the first 2 movies, and I doubt that this one will be better  :panic:

The Burton Movies were much better!
りほ, りほ Password is りほ  ♪

がんばれいな!- twitter - last.fm - DVD Profiler - tumblr

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 07:11:40 PM »
Chris Nolan Firmly Says 'No' to Joker Returning in Batman 3

The only real thing we know about Christopher Nolan's Batman 3, or The Dark Knight sequel, or whatever you want to call it, is that it's coming on July 20th, 2012 - and that's it. We don't know anything else about it and we barely know that Jonathan and Chris Nolan are working on it already. In the latest issue of Empire  apparently there's a quote about The Joker in Batman 3 that Obsessed With Film pulled from the mag (it's not out in the US yet). The question was if The Joker is in the cards again? "'No', says Nolan emphatically and unhesitatingly. He resists elaborating simply because, 'I just don’t feel comfortable talking about it.'"

That's the Nolan response for "I'd rather not reveal details about the plot to Batman 3 yet," which is fine by me, because there's no point in spoiling the movie this far out. Nolan doesn't say enough about why Joker won't be back, but if he wants to keep Heath Ledger's legacy intact, I think it's a great decision. In fact, I'm happy to see that he's not going to try and recast the character or bring him back. But I wonder what villains he will pick instead, if not Batman's ultimate nemesis? Maybe the Riddler or someone else just as fun? Only time will tell. At least we know they won't ruin Ledger's Oscar winning performance from The Dark Knight.
http://www.firstshowing.net/2010/06/04/chris-nolan-firmly-says-no-to-joker-returning-in-batman-3/

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Re: The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 05:16:02 PM »
Third Batman Movie is Officially Titled 'The Dark Knight Rises'

And here we go… Our good friend Geoff Boucher of Hero Complex got on the phone with Christopher Nolan recently and got a big update straight from the man himself. The third Batman movie will be officially titled The Dark Knight Rises as his follow-up and epic conclusion to the fantastically unforgettable The Dark Knight from 2008. Nolan confirmed a few other things as well: that it won't be in 3D, that he will shoot with high def and IMAX cameras (again) instead, and that the villain is not Riddler nor will Harvey Dent be back at all. So there you have it, now we know the title and a bit more about where he's going with this. Read on!

"We'll use many of the same characters as we have all along, and we'll be introducing some new ones," Nolan told him. Not many more details were revealed in today's Hero Complex update, but I did see Geoff Boucher mention something interesting over on his Facebook account that links to this article: "Hugo Strange and Catwoman now jump to the top of the list." So Nolan ruled out Riddler, Joker and Harvey Dent, and after talking with Nolan, Boucher thinks it might be Hugo Strange (is this Tom Hardy's role?) and/or Catwoman who will show up as the big villains in this one. Only time will tell, right? Either way, now we know that it's The Dark Knight Rises that will be hitting theaters on July 20th 2012. Bring it on! Everyone else excited?
http://www.firstshowing.net/2010/10/27/third-batman-movie-is-officially-titled-the-dark-knight-rises/

Theron & Farmiga Rumored for Roles in 'The Dark Knight Rises'

Since it's a slow news week so far, why not toss around some rumored names for Christopher Nolan's recently titled sequel The Dark Knight Rises. It's been mentioned elsewhere previously that Nolan has been meeting with actresses to take a lead female role in the anticipated franchise sequel. Obviously since Rachel Dawes (Maggie Gyllenhaal) won't return, at least one female lead role needs to show up, but a new rumor has two major female roles looking to be cast. Comic Book Movie reports Charlize Theron is being considered for one while Vera Farmiga (Up in the Air) and Kacie Thomas (The Burning Plain) are up for the second. Read on!

Theron is apparently up for the role of Detective Sarah Essen, a love interest for Commissioner Jim Gordon. In the comics, Essen is partnered with Gordon and they begin a romantic affair. Theron seems a little young for Gordon, but maybe they'll be changing the way she interacts with Gordon. Of course, there's always the change this is simply a red herring and maybe Theron is up for playing Catwoman. I'm not at all against seeing Theron in some tight leather outfits.

Meanwhile, Farmiga and Thomas are both up for the role of Julie Madison, a love interest for Bruce Wayne. In the comics, Madison was a socialite once engaged to Bruce Wayne and thought she was unaware of his being Batman, she was used as a pawn by the vampiric villain Monk in his battle against the Caped Crusader. While the roles are certainly possibilities, these are definitely rumors at this point, and likely these characters could end up having a completely different impact on the story in the film than they have previously had on the comic books. We'll likely be hearing some official casting for The Dark Knight Rises soon enough so stay tuned.
http://www.firstshowing.net/2010/11/02/theron-farmiga-rumored-for-roles-in-the-dark-knight-rises/

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 11:53:29 AM »
Meow! :drool:

Joseph Gordon-Levitt is now confirmed for this as Alberto Falcone

Alberto Falcone is also known as “The Holiday Killer” and is based on Fredo Corleone of the Godfather series, but he also has certain traits similar also to Michael Corleone. The character is a very “realistic” one that fits the world Nolan has created for his version of Batman and Gotham City. He’s not like Mr. Freeze or Poison Ivy, like we saw from Joel Schumacher.

Offline Foxy Brown

• Old and cranky
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super bad!
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2011, 09:00:41 PM »

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2011, 08:41:33 AM »
BANE!!!!!
gonna be sick
word.

Offline dcbt

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2011, 07:36:01 PM »
most of the Inception cast is included in new batman installment...
look forward to this movie

Offline jackcole

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^^v
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2011, 02:51:06 PM »
He failed at the first 2 movies, and I doubt that this one will be better  :panic:

The Burton Movies were much better!

Aww c'mon he most certainly did not. Though I did not appreciate Batman Begins that much, The Dark Knight made me a big fan of Nolan.  I liked the way he portrayed the Batman universe; it lies around the borderline between realism and fiction in contrast with other comic book movies. I can't compare Nolan's to Burton's though; both are awesome in their own way.  :on asmo:
^v^

Offline Deaglezero

• Deagle: The Eternal Warrior
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Chelsea, Barca let's roll!
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2011, 12:04:05 PM »
^This. The Dark Knight had the right atmosphere: dark yet superbly realistic and kinda gritty. Loved how they portrayed The Joker in that one.

The older movies were a bit too corny, and special effects weren't that awesome.

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2011, 09:43:27 AM »
Awesome poster :thejoker

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2011, 12:12:13 PM »

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline mjolnir870

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2011, 12:27:04 AM »
i think this will be the first movie i go to a midnight showing for. so excited!

Offline hanamuke

• ecchi
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2011, 04:03:09 AM »
I suppose it safe to assume the entire film will be a lead-up to this.

Offline mjolnir870

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2011, 06:37:17 AM »
What a cliffhanger that will be :(

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2011, 11:48:17 PM »
LEAKED FOOTAGE!! XD

Oh baby Anne Hathaway :fap as Catwoman

Offline zont

• ワキだいすき!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ♥♥♥ waki ♥♥♥
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2011, 07:27:57 AM »

Offline calcium

• Walk the walk
  • ecchi
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2011, 11:06:35 AM »
Wah, never thought badpod will make a return. Really wanna see new Vehicle though, Batplane anyone?

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Asian Kung-Fu Generation - Mayonaka to Mahiru no Yume