JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Jewelry - Me Too

Author Topic: AFTERLIFE.. perhaps? [TakaGaki] 09/10  (Read 8578 times)

Offline aya-chii

• ecchi
  • Member+
AFTERLIFE.. perhaps? [TakaGaki] 09/10
« on: March 25, 2011, 03:19:42 AM »
starting another fic again. i'm sorry about the untitled one, i suddenly got writer's block at the very first chappie :nervous:
but then, i'll be graduating from highschool on Wednesday so i'll have lots of time to do and think about this on vacation *yey~*
this is my first time writing a.. momusu fic [?] , so it's quite a challenge for me knowing that i dont know them much XD
i'll try my best to keep this (i never had a finished fic). i'll.. really... try.. my best.. GANBARRE!

please support me! (thank you)

epilogue..? Chappie 1

Takahashi Ai is dead.

It kept ringing on Risa's head. Like an series of echoes bouncing against the walls of her head. And it's getting louder, and louder, coming to multiples each and every time. Noisy... She covered her ears, hoping that it would dissipate the irritating noise. But still, it echoed, louder, like it's the only existing sound of this-- her world.

She screamed. Her knees fell in the damp sidewalk, as she clutch her own head which seems going to explode any minute from now. Her world seems in a daze, a blur, in a fast motion of time, watching those footsteps halt, and go soon as they decide that this girl is none of their business. Too bad, no one's gonna help you now...

"Takahashi Ai is dead."

Formality.

They already knew it, before Tsunku announced it, and they didn't want to believe it. They gathered at his presence, patiently and silently hoped that he would say the opposite, that Ai-chan is safe and sound.. that she's just taking a rest in the hospital; though they knew nothing but clarification of the shocking news will be uttered.

"..car accident."

Risa heard someone breaking into sobs after few moments of deafening silence. Muffled, soft sobs, 'til someone joined it. And more, coming into hard crying. She saw the feet of some of her fellow members as she continued to gaze on the floor, walking across to huddle altogether into one bunch of crying girls. Yet she remained seated, stiffened and strict. She doesn't want to look-up, she knew herself she would broke into tears if she did. But, she can't betray it. She felt her eyes welling, 'til a droplet streamed down her cheek.

That's it. She wiped it, erasing its existence, as she stood up. She kept her eyes straight ahead, to something but nothing through the blank wall.

"Risa-chan..?" A horse voice mumbled.

She let her eyes roll to side, letting her see those teary girls stare at her like she's kind of something unexplainable and undefinable. She furiously took back her gaze, and walk briskly toward the door.

"Niigaki-san--" is what she heard from the masculine voice of Tsunku before closing the door after her.

She stumbled as she tried taking off her shoes while limping across her apartment. It's already dark, and none of the lights were flicked open. She really, don't mind, at all. Why think about that at such time as this? She made her way to kitchen and opened the fridge, a bottle of half-empty wine at the far end. The wine she and Ai shared the last time she visited her...

She let herself fall onto the soft-cushioned seat as she drank the wine from the bottle itself. She let out a clumsy sigh as her throat burned from the sudden amount of wine flowed through it. Her head fell backwards against the cushion, like they way it falls every time she laughs at Ai as she sat on her lap. She smiled to herself. Funny how appreciated things are, now you're gone...

Gone.

Dead.

Ai-chan.

And that one droplet of tear earlier flowed abundantly at the moment. She bit her lip, hiccuping the noise that lumps in her throat as she try to keep it to herself. Without any success, it escaped from her lips... the sorrow, the pain, the loneliness. She curled, fitting herself on that seat and bawled like a kid. Her bestfriend, her very best friend... The one who had always been there for her all these years of struggle after joining Musume. Who had been always helping her in everything. Whose smiles never failed to encourage her. Who cried with her at times like this. The girl who always.. always...every... everything...

She lifted-up from her disoriented, curled up self. The moonlight spilled to the room, limited by the frames of the wide balcony glass doors. The thin, white curtains flew gracefully and lightly with the blowing wind, seemingly inviting Risa to come over.

"Come with me Risa."

"I'm sorry but I made plans with Er--"

"Forget it. Just please come with me."

"I'm really sorry Ai-chan, Eririn was written first in my schedule."

She can remember smiling teasingly back at her leader, as Ai smiled lightly to her. That was the last conversation she had with Ai, few moments before the accident. She hugged herself against the cold breeze swept past her body. Her gazed roamed down the busy lives below, the city lights sparkling like fireflies. Yet she can't make herself believe that it is beautiful, and stared on the night sky instead. The moon was lonely... the lil' stars' sparks can be barely seen with the amount of glow coming from the land of Tokyo.  Maybe she should had canceled Eririn's, and should had just come with Ai instead. She realized, how sincere Ai sounded that time.. that last time. Her eyes welled-up more, the guilt.. regret. She should have come with Ai... Ai-chan.. Ai-chan..

"AI-CHAN!!!"

She yelled on top of her voice, before breaking down to cries once again. Was Ai-chan lonely as the moon before she fell into infinite slumber? She should have been there with her... to share the last moments of Ai's life with her.. even.. at least died with her.

The far ground down below seems inviting.

"Risa."

Maybe before she jump she might as well give a chance to whoever calling her, just like what she should have done at Ai's last wish. She spun around in haze and--- good heavens! what she sees. "W-wha--the.. WTF" She's really drunk, she really need to jump now before admitting she's insane. "Y--you.. u!!!"

"You called me?"

I dunno if I'm convincing enough..
Open for criticism!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 11:03:42 AM by aya-chii »

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
Re: AFTERLIFE.. perhaps? [TakaGaki]
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 06:13:10 AM »
Please don't get Writer's Block on this. Please, please, please, you definitely have my attention! A Hammied Ai-chan in the first chapter, followed by a ghostly appearance. Moar! :on comhere: Moar, moar, moar!! :lol: :lol:

Offline kano-chan

• Member+
  • ~Angel Miya~
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 08:46:03 AM »
"Takahashi Ai is dead." .........................W-what tehh- :on blackhole: :mon slapself: :mon freeze: :frustrated: :mon runcry: :bleed eyes:

Omg, what a start. Is Ai-chan a ghost or something?? :shocked Did she fake her death?? :shocked It didn't sound like Gaki loved Ai-chan since she went with Kame instead.  :O Only thought of Ai-chan as a best friend. :(

Please continue~ :twothumbs

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Off in the woods........
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 12:28:34 PM »
WHAT!!! AI IS DEAD!!!  :panic:  :panic:  :panic:

Poor Risa seems so devistated by her death but she's called her back from death or something? Unless, your title.... did Ai perhpas fake her death?

intresting strat looking forward to more  :twothumbs

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 02:45:08 PM »
I'm glad I decided to log in & check this thread. This is interesting! Aichan is a ghost & back from the dead? Reminds me of a movie I watched recently.

Can't wait for next chappie  :w00t:

Offline Bamtai

• Member+
  • I'll do anything for your smile Risa!
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 03:16:52 PM »
So Ai is a ghost... and she comes back to Risa... I LIKE THIS!!!  :w00t: Can't wait for more!!! :cow:

Offline resop2

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 03:39:23 PM »
Is Ai a dancing vampire?

Offline aya-chii

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2011, 06:08:21 AM »
@rndmnwierd. haha. here's now the chappie two, so far, writer's block case still isn't happening. XD

@kano-chan.  sorry for that start. don't worry, ai-chan will still stay with us.  :twothumbs:

@oddball. well, the title.. i dunno, it just came out randomly :lol: i'm not really good at titles, but at least it hints something..?

@badsaints. i'm glad to hear you did come back ;) please continue checking this thread from now on. haha

@bamtai. yeah! you don't have to wait for more *whooottss~* i hope you'll like the 2nd chappie :D

@resop2. when i read your comment-- "that would be sexy *imagines*  :drool: "

Thank you for coming by. I hope you guys remain commenting here, it really makes me glad and encourages me to write more :cow:

Chappie 2

She weakly staggered under the rain as she choked and waved her hand on her face like shooing away a puff of smoke that seemed to come out of her mouth.

She found herself in the middle of the road. Oh yeah, what the heck is she doing in the middle of the road? Not to mention it is raining...

But more than that, cars didn't ran over her but stayed unmoving with their drivers' head popping out of their windows. People on sidewalks stood staring, some with mouths agape, hands over their mouths, or whatever ridiculous reaction you can find from a shocked person. Is this how the world looks like within a frozen time? Okay. Is it her fault? Oh yes, you're standing in the middle of the road which is made for vehicles and not for your convenience.

Soon, voices sounded back to life. Drivers jumped out of their cars, some not minding the rain, and everyone walked forward. She felt herself stepping back as multitudes came nearer.  They began running... past her. So it is not her. But not also just something ordinary?

She turned around and found people crowding not so far ahead of her. She walked forth, along with few who were left behind by the first wave of frantic people. A bunch of disarrayed cars, seemingly were not damaged that much compared to a toppled over car, where tension arises.  A guy or two bent over the shattered glass window of passenger seat. They were yelling, but she couldn't make out the words with those other voices overlapping it. Soon, the guy in plain white shirt stretched his hand inside, reaching for something, until the other guy helped out.

The hard rain hitting the concrete ground become louder and louder, piercing through the unruly noise of her surrounding. And at a blink, she heard nothing.. completely nothing... continued staring to nothing but to something the guys trying to gently pull out, like it is something she should expect, very.. important. A bloodied arm...

"Car accident..."

It was such a soft whisper that echoed in her muted moment.

Ai heard the unruly noise once again, and realized she is staring to a girl beside her. She's a meter away from her, and her sullen gaze laid upon the scene. She might be a few years younger than her, and her height is not that very much taller than Ai. Her dark hair hints a bit of brownish red.

"..again." Her voice is stained with grim sadness. "Such a tragic ending neh?" . She faintly smiled, and Ai realized that she seemed to have the same false teeth as her kouhai Airi. She's staring back at her. Her eyes have dark orbs, pale and nothing.. like lifeless..?

Ai gasped within at the thought. She felt like answering, but nothing came out of her slightly parted lips. To keep her uneasiness from the staring girl, she turned her eyes once again back to the scene in front of her. But only saw the backs of other audiences. When was she pushed far aback---

"You better not stay here." The girl spoke again. "It will not be a very pleasant scene.. for you."

And the girl was gone beside her.

Dark. Already dark. How come time flies so fast without noticing it. Ai sighed as she sat silently within her lifeless apartment. She's definitely saving a huge amount of electricity. Everything is stuck. Nothing would budge as she tries to flick the light on, click the remote, open the fridge, tap the faucet open, nothing. Did someone played a prank on her and poured a decent amount glue on every single switch they found on her house? Well, they did a pretty good job, she'll pay them big time.

Amazingly, she's still not hungry after all the tiring events of the day. Well, that's a pretty good thing, she can't turn the stove too. She's not sleepy at all too.. her body is not demanding any amount of rest.

"WAAAAAAAHHHH~!"

This sucks. What the hell is happening. She stood up, she need to try lightning up her home once again. Feels so healthy today, she can clearly see in the dark?

"AI-CHAN!!!"

That voice. No matter how unpleasant that yell sounds, she can never mistake that voice.  And it sounds so desperate. Needy.Dark. Miserable. Resentful. Mournful. Risa...?

Her sight seemed to tighten, to narrow, to constrict like being sucked up into one point in front of her. Risa... Risa needs her.

She turned around and in a blink she's now standing somewhere. It is also dark, only the balcony shone with the bathe of moonlight. She almost didn't recognize she's in her bestfriend's apartment, not until she Risa's figure wobbling against the balustrade.

"Risa." She gently called out.

Ai slowly walked towards the balcony, watching Risa weakly turn around. She can't tell how surprised Risa seems, as her unsettled hair shadow her face. "Y--you.. u!!!"

"You called me?"

"W-What-- are you-you doi--here!" Risa stuttered, having hard time to say the words. "You're.. you'r-- DON'T GET ANY NEARER!"

Confused, Ai halted by the balcony door, completely exposed under the sweet moonlight and it seems Risa's eyes just grew wider than saucers. Her eyeliner is such a mess under her welling, wet eyes. Wait... "Were--Are you crying Risa-chan?"

Instinctively, Ai took further steps towards Risa, reaching her hand. Her state makes Ai want to hug her, comfort her.. cradle her in her arms and cry along.

"NO!!!"

She shouted with a firm voice. Once again, Ai-chan paused, now nearly wanting to cry. "Why... why Risa-chan?"

Risa now completely fell on the floor, Ai watching her bottle of wine roll to somewhere. She hiccuped, and sob. "You don't have to haunt me Ai-chan."

Ai, who had been wanting to reach for her friend and catch her before Risa fell, just knelt instead, leveling her gaze on Risa's bowed head. "What.. do you mean..."

"I know I had been a bad girl, Ai-chan!" She looked up at Ai. "But... Moouuu~ you don't have to scare me to death!" Her head fell down again as she chuckled. "You see," She smiled at her. "I'm now going to jump-off. You should have just waited in heaven."

Ai felt herself shivered at Risa's words. She tried to put up her smile again, "Cum'on~ You.. you don't have to joke me like that." She crawled nearer to Risa. "You could have gotten away from me with your wine by just saying sorry, k? So gather yourself up and don't joke anymore!"

Her last sentence shook, as she felt herself breaking to tears. Her hands just passed through Risa's shoulder when she tried to hold her.

I'm dead....?

---
my butt hurts sitting on this chair. :sweatdrop:
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 06:19:13 AM by aya-chii »

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
Re: AFTERLIFE.. perhaps? [TakaGaki] 03/26
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2011, 07:29:34 AM »
So, Ai has finally realized she's dead. Somehow, I think I could see Risa being the one to comfort Ai. :lol:

my butt hurts sitting on this chair.
This has to be one of the more interesting author's notes I've ever read. :lol: :lol:

Offline Bamtai

• Member+
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2011, 01:55:58 PM »
Ai can't touch Risa??  :shocked Well yes, normally ghost CAN'T really touch, that's true but still... No hugging, no kissing??  :cry:
Yep, I liked this chappie  :lol: I guess I'll also like the next one  :P There just isn't enough TakaGaki love  :wub:

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2011, 03:06:39 PM »
Ai finally realised she's a goner :doh: I can't blame Risa for freaking out. I would if someone dead appeared in front of me, no matter how much I missed that person lol :lol:

"..again." Her voice is stained with grim sadness. "Such a tragic ending neh?" . She faintly smiled, and Ai realized that she seemed to have the same false teeth as her kouhai Airi.

I'm a little confused though. Who was that person who died in the beginning of the chap? Was it Ai herself or a stranger who kinda resemble Airi a little?

my butt hurts sitting on this chair.
This has to be one of the more interesting author's notes I've ever read. :lol: :lol:
Yeah this made me lol'd :lol: :lol: :lol: Hope your butt recovers in time for the new chap :P

Offline kano-chan

• Member+
  • ~Angel Miya~
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2011, 10:25:10 PM »
Mysterious girl!! Maybe she can help Ai-chan or something. There has to be touching! :tama-mad: XD

Wow...Gaki totally freaked out, but why would she commit suicide for Ai-chan? They're best friends, but she's got other friends too. Like Kame.

This chapter answered my question. Ai-chan is a ghosttt! :shocked: (late reaction?)

Anyway, the first part of this chapter was exciting. :twothumbs I thought Ai-chan brought Gaki back to the scene of the car accident.  :lol: :nervous But it was Ai-chan and some toothy girl. XD

Awaiting for next update. :grin:

Offline resop2

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2011, 11:21:33 PM »
Woah, is the toothy girl the ghost of the member of Country Musume who died?

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2011, 10:12:46 AM »
OH man, is Risa gonna succeed in killing herself? *scared* I still don't know how Ai managed to return considering that she's dead. Is this some kind of a connection between them? Or is she back for a purpose? So many questions! Ahhh it's driving me crazy cuz I wanna read the next chapter so bad. Please update soon. Arigatou~~

Offline aya-chii

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2011, 12:46:25 PM »
@rndmnwierd. haha. sorry about that :peace: though it really still hurts until now =__=

@bamtai. err-- hard to admit, ghost really can't touch... but that's the THING, right? how could i label this fic "TakaGaki" without any slightest ... display of something?  :roll:

@badsaints. same here! that would be freaky... don't worry, i changed my chair  :D

@kano-chan. THERE HAS TO BE, right?! yes, ai-chan is. and THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING!!! :panic:

@resop2. pssshhhttt!!! why you're smart?! :doh: but then, since you already know and it's not much of a big deal, i guess it is safe to say  - Yes, she is  :yep:

@lil_hamz. welcome to the club! (ehe? club?) we can't have risa dead  :shocked: ! haha. we gonna know more about that in further chappies so please stay with us  :)

anyways, the touching issue... that's a big deal for all of us, neh? I, honestly, still haven't realized the whole situation until you raised the question  :nervous: the day i thought of starting a fic, i have at least 3 random plots in my mind and i ended up just choosing this one without analyzing much the future stuffs to happen.
but then, LIKE I WOULD ALLOW THIS STORY GO ON WITH NO TAKAGAKI LOVE?! :angry: yada yada yada!
and so, yeah, i served myself a tougher challenge. :banghead:  i'll try my best to do something about that. though, not as often and as common or as mushy as alive person can do... but that makes the story a bit different and unusual, hmm?

Chappie 3

"Car accident."

"Yes."

It was just a flat sentence, monotonous for a question, yet Risa still felt answering. Sober now, she finally realized that she wasn't just drunk to see a dead white Ai walking earlier in her apartment, dimly glimmering like a 'glow-in-the-dark' stuff.

She's back in her couch once again, her knees bent and close to her chest. She's sitting sideways, facing left and not to Ai who's either sitting on the floor or standing across her. She doesn't know, and doesn't mind to know... she's still hesitating to face the fact that, indeed, Ai's presence is with her.

"Everyone knows."

"Tsunku announced earlier today. Don't know if the public knows, I didn't wait for him to say it anym--"

"You walked out."

She did, she walked out. She doesn't want to hear more of it. It's too much, too much to take. "Yes"

"How rude of you."

Risa giggled softly and briefly. "Yes, how rude of me."

She heard Ai giggled softly on her own too. It faded soon, and silence once again. Perhaps she still haven't grasped the whole situation, she might still be in haze, or dreaming, completely talking with someone whom she knew was dead.

"I'm dead." The word resounded again.

"Yes." She answered back without hesitation. Yes, this is just a dream.

"Pathetic."

Yeah, how pathetic, enough to make Risa insane. Yeah, she shouldn't have joked about jumping. It's pathetic. Everything is pathetic. Pathetic.

"I still haven't watched the news, ya know."

"Hmm.." Risa felt the unfamiliarity with the lost of "Yes" after Ai's sudden brought up of different stuff.

"I can't turn on the TV. In fact, none would get to life."

Life, Risa repeated in her mind. Like a detective taking down the important notes. She continued listening.

"I walked into your apartment without knowing."

Knowing, Risa noted once again. She added, - that she's dead.

She heard Ai inhaling deeply before continuing. "It was scary."

Scary. The last word was shaky.

"It was scary, Risa-chan..." Ai repeated once again, her words trembling into cry.

Unfortunately, this isn't a dream.

Risa's eyes searched for Ai, and found her slumped on the floor, hugging herself as she sob. She'd been calming herself for some quite time now, like she had always been as the leader, the elder one. And that strong image shattered, tonight, a helpless Ai to bare. Risa soften, realizing that she, herself too, was stoning her own fear. Hardening herself to be brave.

But she doesn't need to be brave. It is still Ai, her bestfriend, the girl she admires, the girl she laughed with, the girl she leaned on.. and nothing changed about that. Now, it is Ai who needs her, and she has to be there for her no matter what. Biting her lip, Risa slowly walked over to Ai. As she shrunk into a kneel, her tears flowed along.

"I'm dead, Risa-chan." Ai looking up to Risa. Her face is fair light, her normal complexion faded. It is tainted with tears, which seems to sparkle like diamonds once in awhile. Her eyes expresses anguish, yet her orbs were dark, pale and nothing.. like lifeless...

For a moment it caught Risa, until Ai spoke once again, terrified. "I was there. I saw them try to pull me out of the horrible-looking car. My arm was.. I was.." Her voice slowly drop. "It was scary, Risa. I'm scared..."

"I'm here, Ai-chan." Risa said softly, hoping it is enough to be reassuring. "You don't have to be scared. I'm here."

Ai just stared back at Risa's brown orbs, her eyes full of bright life. Risa continued, "I don't know what's happening, what you gotten yourself into... but we'll get to the bottom of this, k? We'll work on this." Risa reached for Ai's pale hand, intending to hold it for assurance, but instead her hands dipped into coldness, like dipping into a bucket of ice. She flinched at the sudden temperature drop and wasn't able to stop herself from muttering. "Oh--wow."

"I'm sorry about that." Ai mumbled lowly.

Feeling like she offended Ai unintentionally, Risa just shrug. "I don't care if you're a ghost or what," She was surprised how blunt she sounded as she let her honest feelings talk. "You're here, and I should be happy. I'm happy, Ai-chan."

Silence flooded once again. But only shortly. Ai finally smiled, her face washed by Risa's sincerity. "I'm happy too, Risa-chan. I'm happy.."

Knowing the fact they can't hug each other like the old times, the two only continued staring at each other, smiling and occasionally giggling to each other. Risa doesn't really know what's happening, or what she should do. All she knows, she'd always be by Ai-chan side and she's grateful to be with her even until now.

---

Was that short? I'm sorry ^^;
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 12:52:25 PM by aya-chii »

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2011, 01:34:10 PM »
First! Wow that's rare lol

Yeah it's short. But at least it's an update :lol: Sweet TakaGaki moments there :deco:

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2011, 01:57:55 PM »
Man, I didn't even know I was signed in? XD

Yes this was rather short but it's ok. Like badsaints said, an update is better than none. So thank you for this. And I was in a sucky mood but AiGaki, no matter how little made me feel better. I wish they could've hugged though. Ai must feel so helpless and vulnerable now. Oh Risa, please help her *cries*

Offline resop2

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2011, 06:01:04 PM »
I was right???   :?

Well, let's hope it ends up better for Risa than it did for the friend of Yanagihara Hiromi, Kobayashi Azusa.

I am enjoying your story so far.  Go TakaGaki!   :yossi:

Offline Bamtai

• Member+
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2011, 06:36:24 PM »
Well that's true, it isn't possible to write a TakaGaki without.. anykind of action  :lol: I trust you :thumbsup
Liked this chapter quite much  :yep: Poor Ai-chan, she must be even more confused about the whole situation than Risa is  :( I love caring Risa-chan, she's so kind and sweet! It's good that they have each others  :wub:
Great job!  :cow:

Offline kano-chan

• Member+
  • ~Angel Miya~
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2011, 09:35:45 PM »
I believe we need some magic?? :gmon witch: What's TakaGaki if there's no touching? XD (Sorry, that's just me complaining again.. :nervous)

Aww~ That was really sweet. :heart: Gaki didn't mind a dead Ai-chan. :)

Me likes this! :twothumbs

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Jewelry - Me Too