JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Niumun - Lie In One`s Teeth Back

Author Topic: Catherine  (Read 32238 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Catherine
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2011, 01:14:09 AM »
New Catherine trailer with subtitles!

Catherine Proposal Trailer (Subbed)

I really want this game :D

Offline EternalSkies

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • TakaUno <3
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2011, 02:47:34 PM »
Sounds like an amazing plot. I'm probably gonna get this game.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2011, 10:02:41 PM »

Offline Yuna

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2011, 04:20:27 AM »
I played the demo today and it it's really good! I would just like to know how Atlus will mix all of those gaming elements together. I mean the puzzle levels, the money you get, the karma level, choices about sending mail, etc.

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2011, 11:44:09 AM »
and then things get Atlus

I likes XD

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2011, 02:25:58 AM »
If you're hoping to get your twitching fingers on Atlus' sexy "Q*Bert with tits" horror puzzler Catherine, then prepare for some bad news. Atlus has confessed that it currently has no intention of bringing the game Westward.

Atlus' US branch was quite frank with its statement: “Catherine is a Japan-only game and there are no plans for a NA release at this time. Sorry about that!”

So that's that. Bear in mind, of course, that a lack of planning does not mean the game will never get localized. Currently, the game is doing quite well in Japan, so that's at least a sign that the property is making some cash. Whether that cash will be spent on giving Catherine to the round-eyes, who knows?

As of right now, don't hold your breath, but don't kill yourself out of depression either. I'd be surprised if this didn't make it here eventually, given Atlus' history.

http://www.destructoid.com/atlus-has-no-plans-to-release-catherine-in-north-america-194958.phtml

:( Well from what I hear, there's a lot of dialogue in that game so it may even take it's time for localisation, voice work etc. At that I'd suspect it wouldn't even be released this year if that were the case. I think it'll arrive eventually, just not soon.

.......:(

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • strawb3rrykream's girl <3
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2011, 09:46:59 AM »
...well fuck.

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2011, 09:48:34 AM »
Hahaha, I read the thread title and I thought Tuffty must have made it. I was right. Giantbomb!
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2011, 11:12:02 PM »
^ Actually it's more of a Persona Team thing if anything but I won't deny that GB made Persona 4 more awesome than before.

Those subscribed to Atlus USA's newsletter was surprised and a little encouraged to see this appear in today's email:

Sounds like an announcement coming soon if you ask me!

Offline Shin Asuka

• Wub U
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2011, 08:11:27 PM »
If you're hoping to get your twitching fingers on Atlus' sexy "Q*Bert with tits" horror puzzler Catherine, then prepare for some bad news. Atlus has confessed that it currently has no intention of bringing the game Westward.

Atlus' US branch was quite frank with its statement: “Catherine is a Japan-only game and there are no plans for a NA release at this time. Sorry about that!”

So that's that. Bear in mind, of course, that a lack of planning does not mean the game will never get localized. Currently, the game is doing quite well in Japan, so that's at least a sign that the property is making some cash. Whether that cash will be spent on giving Catherine to the round-eyes, who knows?

As of right now, don't hold your breath, but don't kill yourself out of depression either. I'd be surprised if this didn't make it here eventually, given Atlus' history.

http://www.destructoid.com/atlus-has-no-plans-to-release-catherine-in-north-america-194958.phtml

:( Well from what I hear, there's a lot of dialogue in that game so it may even take it's time for localisation, voice work etc. At that I'd suspect it wouldn't even be released this year if that were the case. I think it'll arrive eventually, just not soon.

.......:(

We were Trolled :lol:

http://www.destructoid.com/yes-catherine-confirmed-for-us-release-summer-2011-195346.phtml
Don't expect me to reply to any post. I tend to not care.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2011, 10:49:40 PM »
Nice! :w00t: Although, no word of a European release yet. Here's the announcement trailer:

I wonder if Fox News is gonna go ballistic about this game XD

And if IGN Host, Jessica Chobot, needed to be more awesome:

PERVERTS UNITE! I'll be playing the crap out of this sheep-loving, Japanese sexshay-time game when it hits US shores
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 12:03:51 AM by Tuffty »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2011, 09:12:01 PM »
It appears they have cast Troy Baker (Snow from FFXIII, Kanji from Persona 4) has been cast to do English VO for Vincent. Awesome! I think he's a really good VO actor. I'd put money down on Catherine being done by Laura Bailey (Serah from FFXIII, Rise from Persona 4). If you need help placing voices to the characters:

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2011, 03:06:42 AM »
Catherine: Do you love me? :heart:
Katherine: Who The Hell is Her?!!! :angry:

Vincent: ummm... Steelguard!~ 8)2

sorry... :nervous

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2011, 07:49:36 AM »
Laura Bailey has indeed confirmed she will do the voice of Catherine. :w00t:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2011, 12:40:17 PM »
The special edition version for Catherine looks crazy!! :w00t:

It's for both platforms, and to confirm it has, along with the game itself:

• T-Shirt
  • Boxer shorts
  • Pillowcase
  • Pizza Box style packaging

It's priced at the moment for $79.99, $20 more than the standard copy. But then it doesn't have underwear to go with it now does it? I should note, that anyone who pre-orders it before it's release date (July 26 in America) is subject to getting an art book and the soundtrack CD, regardless of which version you buy.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 03:45:57 PM by Tuffty »

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2011, 12:25:03 PM »
Fuck, if only we knew if it's region free for Xbox.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2011, 01:33:10 PM »
Indeed. With PS3 it is region free so any European hipsters here can import it form the US ok. Just not us 360 hipsters :(

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Just like my basement's anti-escape mechanism
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2011, 07:10:27 AM »
I'll admit that it does looking interesting and I'd be up for playing as a guy with ram horns, but I'm not terribly confident in the replay value. Looking at it, it reminds me a lot of Little Big Planet in the gameplay, just with less customisability and more adult concepts. The way I was reading the descriptions at first in this thread made the game sound scary, but watching the gameplay video, it looks almost comical in a good way. It's like "run away from all this terrifying shit, but do it in an amusing style" :) As two others have already said, I know I'd die a lot in this game.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2011, 05:00:08 PM »
Some previews on how the English dub for the game will sound like. Sounds great so far!

Making a Mistake
Chained Down
Cheating Discussion

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Niumun - Lie In One`s Teeth Back