JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Viyuden - Magokoro no Michi

Author Topic: The General AKB48 Fanfic Discussion Thread  (Read 333170 times)

Offline m00nchild

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Positive Mindset will Guide you to Happiness
Re: The General AKB48 Fanfic Discussion Thread
« Reply #120 on: September 12, 2012, 10:39:56 AM »
After I read some fic in this website,
Something I dont really feel right with it,
Previous when I'm not really getting in with AKB48, actually I was stick with a K-pop group SNSD (Girl Generation)
I have in their forum and with they fanfic,
It is Different from this forum,
and even I get some website with fanfic (example : gundam, Final Fantasy, and ...)
due those a Gay fanfic but still feel the different with this forum.

The different;
 - more dramatic (kidnapped, accident, parent reject their marry, and others)
 - even they love each other but some reason they dont get each other too easily (I read some fic in this forum, they dont get their lover too easily)
 - having bad ending (someone died, get separated by other dimension and ...)
 - less action fic on this forum ( write to much about sex due I know is others request but i think is too over )

After I wrote this, I think I will get busted or banded for some reason, I just wanted to give my opinion to others.

Offline arisa03

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #121 on: September 12, 2012, 11:02:58 AM »
Hello, maybe you'd benefit to reading these suggestions of mine, maybe to see a bit of light in the fanfic section?

http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=30078.msg1010658#msg1010658
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=30558.0
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=30612.0
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=30513.0

Well, you can check more from the 3rd page of the fanfic section, I suppose. :)
Like I’m the most calm... Like, it must definitely be because, Like when we enter, I’ll be hurrying. But Because Junjun is older, I can calm down? I don’t really know, Like I just absolutely want her there beside me. Whenever we go abroad, if Junjun is absolutely not beside me, I absolutely won’t go. Something like that. -- Tanaka Reina about Junjun.

Offline aruka

• (Mostly) a silent force?
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #122 on: September 12, 2012, 02:59:25 PM »
There are such good recommendations you got there, m00nchild-san. And your post's a good opinion too. :D Not seeing any reason to bust and ban.

One fic again to recommend, AFlynx-san's Love in the Fast Lane.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 07:27:06 PM by aruka »
My fanfic thread      : The Book of My Single Shots | Current update: IKEMEN GAKUEN Troubles [MINOR UPDATE 03/12]
Contributing a bit in : [script?] saku-chan's Drabbles | Completed: #33 - #40 - #89 - #213 - #214

Want to visit? Douzo~

Offline Sieka

• YukiRena, SayaMilky & AnniNaga Banzai ( ・ω ・ )
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ~All hail Gekikara, Milky & Annin~
« Reply #123 on: September 12, 2012, 03:29:18 PM »
The different;
 - more dramatic (kidnapped, accident, parent reject their marry, and others)
 - even they love each other but some reason they dont get each other too easily (I read some fic in this forum, they dont get their lover too easily)
 - having bad ending (someone died, get separated by other dimension and ...)
 - less action fic on this forum ( write to much about sex due I know is others request but i think is too over )

I agree that this forum is different compared with the forums you have seen, especially for SNSD, SNSD has a huge fanbase with a massive pile of fanfics and there's a lot of variety that ranges from light to dark in terms of story set, but just a note for this, don't compare the difference of AKB48 stories to SNSD since firstly, we are a small community compared to SNSD's and especially the anime and game communities. :(

I know that the difference here and from those are rather big in terms of varieties in fanfic themes, ratings and such, but still, do take note that the authors themselves are trying their best to make fanfics with a lot of varieties, and some or most of the authors would like to delve more into complicated cases at some point, be it their idea or drawn from an intense emotion or craving to write such themes. Of course, they can also make happy fics and other stuff if they ever want to with the help of their inspiration and imagination. I'm not trying to make war here, I'm not, I'd just like you to take it into consideration that the authors can write what they want (as long as it sticks to the rules of course) and most of the authors here happen to like writing the differences that you've stated, it's not a big fault, and I'm not saying you said such a thing. :sweatdrop:

Of course, I myself am very aware of the difference of the fics here from the other communities since I myself read there, but I guess all the authors here just have a different way of thinking. Sometimes seeing too many sparkly themes, happily ever afters and impossible tales of happiness is just too bittersweet, and mostly, it is impossible to get everything you want and have a happy end. Life isn't built just for satisfaction and mere happiness; the power of love sometimes does not work, and mostly, you can't always have your way with whatever you wish. Life is complicated. It has trials. Even famous novels are like that, so it won't be a surprise to see dark fics here since if you base it in reality, it is somewhat as dark and bitter as that. :)

Also, you aren't gonna get banned for your post. Your post did help in a way for the authors to see the differences, though, try searching more around the thread, you'll see a lot of happy fic and some variations around. :)

And, I hope I didn't sound a bit offensive or snarky there, I do not mean any harm or offenses, just my own side from what I understood from what you have posted. :sweatdrop:
[ Author Profile | Tumblr ]
~I also ship NMB48's SayaMilky~
~From MG3, I wave the AnniNaga shipping flag~
~Shipping hard BlackGeki, and the princess pairing, YukiRena~

Fanfics:
[ Divine Intervention || The Beauty of Love || Sieka's Collections ]
[ This Distance Between Us || (Collab) Let Love Bleed Red ]
[ Memories of the Heart ]

Status: Semi-hiatus, Semi-I-don't-know-if-want-to-come-back-now

Offline m00nchild

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Positive Mindset will Guide you to Happiness
« Reply #124 on: September 12, 2012, 07:12:22 PM »

Also, you aren't gonna get banned for your post. Your post did help in a way for the authors to see the differences, though, try searching more around the thread, you'll see a lot of happy fic and some variations around. :)

And, I hope I didn't sound a bit offensive or snarky there, I do not mean any harm or offenses, just my own side from what I understood from what you have posted. :sweatdrop:

Don't worry it didn't harm or feel offensive,
They suggested lot of fic to me now that I'm busy with it,
After I post my opinion out, I don't think will get any positive reaction on it,
after they saw and suggest more fanfic to me this make me feel more confront in this web,
even I wanted to see more spark in this website then I can stay more longer in the web.
I just joined this web around 2 week I think (not confident with it).
hope all the author dont really mind what I wrote on previous, I just wanted to share some of my opinion, do your best and update the fic.

Offline masokun

• Mariko | Airin | Nana |-oshi
  • Member+
  • reborn creature via ctrl+alt+del
« Reply #125 on: September 15, 2012, 03:49:53 PM »
@m00nchild: I think there's  lots of open-minded good writers here.. imo, critics are precious.. and probably your opinion can be their inspiration too..
no, not me, I'm just a stupid writer

And there's lot of good fic with dark side story in here too..

No, you won't get busted.
Instead of busting you, I would like to thank you because you just give me more ideas to write in my fic.  :D
(Let's see, how about Geki kidnapping Yuki and torture her?
 Or make Geki accidentally bite Yuki and kill her?
 Or make Sasshi got into a car accident and kill herself?
)

Well, I don't know if you like vampire fic.
But I have a kidnapping-scene (Sasshi/Rabu) and a lot of fight-scenes, death scenes, bad endings, S&M, also a hilarious sex problem (Atsumina).
If you want to see your oshis fight each other, got tortured (Acchan & Airin), even got killed (Shinoda Mariko), then you might check my fic.  :)
But then maybe you have already read it, and you think it's boring.  XD
Anyway, I'm open for critics.

EDIT:
And if you want to see your kami-oshi acting like a real b****, you might check Basket Case by FOF.  :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs

and that reminds me how you kill my oshimen, Anzai-san  :shifty:

+1 for FOF's Basket Case too  :D

Offline anonymousdowner

• Journey ∞
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Atsumina ♥ Wmatsui ♥ MariHaru( *`ω’)人(бвб)
« Reply #126 on: September 15, 2012, 05:49:28 PM »
My bet is entirely on Fof-sama's Basket Case too.  :cathappy:

If you want something different, that awesome shiat made me laugh, made me injure myself, then I even cried man tears...Fuuu~  :pimp:

No regrets, one of the most unique fics in the history of Akb-Epicness. Ever.  :thumbup

Offline caghaunt

• Shinoda Mariko-sama!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ShawAkarin wa saikou! MariHaru mo!
« Reply #127 on: September 15, 2012, 06:27:15 PM »
It's not the genre or the story that becomes the problems.
It's the amount of some mainstream pairings that was used too much as the main characters.
Even though the story is different, it's the characters that made it boring.
Too much using them for fanfics may cause the dead end and lack of creativity for the authors of the fandom.

Maybe lots of people likes it, the mainstream. But if they read it over and over again, they would bored and then left the fandom.
Even though the whole stayed or left is their own decision to make... But from my experience as one of the authors in FanFiction.Net, it won't do any good.

It's like claimed yourself as an otaku but the truth is you just knew some animanga. Moreover, those you knew is what people could say as 'already popular'. Shame on it.
One-shots: SKE48 fic - Silent Understanding (Matsui Rena/Furukawa Airi) [2015.05.15]
Twitter: SKE48 fic - Silent Understanding (Matsui Rena/Furukawa Airi) [2015.05.15]
Twitter:
SKE48 fic - Silent Understanding (Matsui Rena/Furukawa Airi) [2015.05.15]
Twitter:
Tumblr:
caghaunt

Offline arisa03

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #128 on: September 16, 2012, 03:06:14 AM »
It's the amount of some mainstream pairings that was used too much as the main characters.
Too much using them for fanfics may cause the dead end and lack of creativity for the authors of the fandom.

Maybe lots of people likes it, the mainstream. But if they read it over and over again, they would bored and then left the fandom.
Even though the whole stayed or left is their own decision to make... But from my experience as one of the authors in FanFiction.Net, it won't do any good.

It's like claimed yourself as an otaku but the truth is you just knew some animanga. Moreover, those you knew is what people could say as 'already popular'. Shame on it.

You see, there are fandoms with limited characters, such us So Nyeo Shi Dae, Morning Musume and other groups that do not have hundred of members. You're only saying that because there are a lot of possibilities in the 48 group because there are a lot of members, and you want dynamics.

But that's just you being selfish with your opinions.

The fact is, most writers in this fanfic section commit 'cliche' plots. No matter who they use, if they are out of character (acting similar to someone not themselves) and the same concept is written over and over again I doubt you'd enjoy any.

You're being subjective instead of figurative, because your opinions are your wants and not what is really happening.

True, there may be too much atsumina, too much kojiyuu, too much mayuki, too much wmatsui and gekiblack and all that, but can you count on how many of them are 'original', 'unused', and most of all well written ? I'm not pointing out any names.

Everyone can improve as long as they continue to write, and I admit most of the fanfics now are pretty bad. Some are out of character, some doesn't use correct grammar, some even write in script form! (Acchan:, Takamina: yada yada yada). These are all bad, they're all literally but barely correct writing.

Reading other people's correct writing make people correct their own, this is why people should read ones that are well written.

But because of the demands of selfish people like you, the writers who write well have pretty much disappeared now, because this fandom really have selfish fans.

Well that's all. :D
Like I’m the most calm... Like, it must definitely be because, Like when we enter, I’ll be hurrying. But Because Junjun is older, I can calm down? I don’t really know, Like I just absolutely want her there beside me. Whenever we go abroad, if Junjun is absolutely not beside me, I absolutely won’t go. Something like that. -- Tanaka Reina about Junjun.

Offline alpacas

• Yukirin's boobs belong to Mayuyu (。・ω・。) ♡
« Reply #129 on: September 16, 2012, 03:45:26 AM »

As an author/reader who's been on Fanfiction.net and LiveJournal.com, I don't think this is necessarily true. Sure people get bored of pairings and move on but there are people out there who are very committed in a couple and wouldn't like someone with someone else. For example an Atsumina shipper might dislike/are not interested in Atsuyuu so they'll stick to Atsumina fics. It wouldn't be boring because they love Acchan and Takamina together.

It's not all about variety.

And being mainstream shouldn't decide if a fanfic is good or not. If it's written well and if it's interesting should be what decides it.  :peace:

Offline Calyrica

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Watashi wa yandere desu~
« Reply #130 on: September 16, 2012, 04:30:07 AM »
True, there may be too much atsumina, too much kojiyuu, too much mayuki, too much wmatsui and gekiblack and all that, but can you count on how many of them are 'original', 'unused', and most of all well written ? I'm not pointing out any names.

Everyone can improve as long as they continue to write, and I admit most of the fanfics now are pretty bad. Some are out of character, some doesn't use correct grammar, some even write in script form! (Acchan:, Takamina: yada yada yada). These are all bad, they're all literally but barely correct writing.

Reading other people's correct writing make people correct their own, this is why people should read ones that are well written.

On this note, since I already QC for fansubbing, I figure I should put myself out here for QC, too.

If anyone has a fic they want proofread and polished up, as long as it's not one in script form, I'm willing to do so over PM or etherpad or whatnot before it's posted.  :)

(Not trying to say I'm super good at writing or anything, because I don't think I am. However, I have a lot of technical knowledge, and two pairs of eyes are always better than one, regardless.)
My Tumblr | My Facebook
Chat with me on IRC
Member of: Evetaku, FFFpeeps, GotWoot, Jinsei, Sage, SHiN-gx, and Whine-subs

Offline noomuumuu

« Reply #131 on: September 16, 2012, 04:58:22 AM »
It was interesting reading this thread, because as someone who writes (don't do that much reading because of lack of time and aforementioned lack of quality) occasionally, I only write to amuse myself.  With regards to plot and drama and stuff like that... I don't really do that.  It's generally rare that someone can write genuine drama without compromising character, and to be honest I don't have the time to invest in writing something like that.  With regards to the ooo48 fics, I often find that they might as well be original characters who look like the girls because of mis-characterisation.  (Not that it's unique to this fandom, of course.)

I've also tried writing stuff without my oshimen, often failing to finish it or just canning it entirely because of lack of interest and the self-realisation that I don't have a firm enough grasp of the personalities of the members whom I'm writing about.  So I can understand the prevalence of fics of hugely popular couples based on hugely popular members.  At the same time though, I'm completely uninterested in them and refuse to wade through badly-written stuff for good stuff, so I guess it's my loss in the end.

As a side-note, lulz is really easy to write as one-shots if the premise is original and you keep it simple.  The characterisations don't even have to be completely on because hilarity can justify or even hide some OOC.  As long as it's not too jarringly obvious, I mean.

Just a few thoughts.

Offline Seigus

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #132 on: September 16, 2012, 06:36:44 AM »
There's no right or wrong in fanfic writing. Writing is all about expressing your creativity and thoughts and more often than not, indulging in your OTPs and preferred genres. That's the main point of writing fanfics - to express your love for your favourite idols and OTPs. It's up to a writer what he/she wants to write and it's also up to the reader what he/she wants to read. It's pretty much a free community here as long as you follow the forum rules. Readers all have what they want to read in mind and sometimes, they will make requests to the writers. However, it's ultimately the writers' decision to accept that request or not. As someone who writes and posts stories here, I make it a point not to take requests and stick to doing what I have planned and hopefully, surprise my readers. Of course, all my readers' comments/requests are still taken into consideration because they may give me fresh ideas that have never crossed my mind. If it's something that I believe will work for my stories, I will add it in.

As for well-written fics, I guess we all need to start somewhere. I applaud all writers for taking that brave first step to post their stories online be it "well-written" and grammatically correct or not. As you write, you learn. As you read others' fics, you learn as well. As arisa03 said, there are stories that don't have correct grammar around. Not everyone is well-versed in the English language so we can't expect all stories to be "well-written" and have good grammar. I think it's great that people are still sharing their fics despite the language obstacle because some of them have very interesting ideas that others can learn from too. We are not writing professionally and we don't sell our fanfics for money so no one is obliged to post only "well-written" stories. What we are is a community of AKB48-loving people so the bottom line is, we share in spite of our differing standards.

Some of you may think I'm trying to be diplomatic and politically correct here. Maybe I am, maybe I'm not. I just want to share my thoughts on fanfic writing and reading. I hope I didn't offend anyone with what I've said because that is truly not my intention :deco:

Offline yukofan

• Maiyan 4 life!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Shiraishi Mai
« Reply #133 on: September 16, 2012, 07:38:00 AM »
About pairings.. I agree that mainstreams pairing are dominate the fics. But, you can’t blame the writers. They want to write about their fav pairings. And you can’t blame the writers here for not knowing all of AKB member or knowing all of possible pairings in AKB. You can’t force other people to use certain pairings that you want.

Basically, I don’t think the pairings are important. Most of the fics are out of character. You can give the character any name you want. I’m a silent reader in H!P fanfic section. I even do not know the members at all. But, because the stories are great, I really enjoy reading them. It’s the same in AKB fic, no matter which is the pairing, as long as I like the story, then I love the fic.

I don’t know what criteria that be used to judge whether the fic is good or not. I think there is no good or bad fic. It’s just you like it or not.

visit my tumblr : nogibaby.tumblr.com

Offline caghaunt

• Shinoda Mariko-sama!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ShawAkarin wa saikou! MariHaru mo!
« Reply #134 on: September 16, 2012, 09:12:28 AM »
You see, there are fandoms with limited characters, such us So Nyeo Shi Dae, Morning Musume and other groups that do not have hundred of members. You're only saying that because there are a lot of possibilities in the 48 group because there are a lot of members, and you want dynamics.

But that's just you being selfish with your opinions.

The fact is, most writers in this fanfic section commit 'cliche' plots. No matter who they use, if they are out of character (acting similar to someone not themselves) and the same concept is written over and over again I doubt you'd enjoy any.

You're being subjective instead of figurative, because your opinions are your wants and not what is really happening.

But because of the demands of selfish people like you, the writers who write well have pretty much disappeared now, because this fandom really have selfish fans.

Well that's all.

1- I think it's a bit harsh to repeatedly call caghaunt "selfish".  I understand an author's frustrations.  I, too, have been inundated by requests from such "selfish" people.  Yet, keep in mind their disadvantage and frustrations.  You may like a popular pairing and so you have numerous stories available to you to read.  A fan of a less popular OTP might be considered lucky to find just a couple stories to read.

If your OTP is underwritten and you come across an author whose writing you enjoy, I don't think it can be considered selfish of you to ask if he could write a story about your OTP.  However, DO NOT bombard that author with requests.  If he tells you no, simply accept it.  If you're desperate, try to go one more step and write your own story about your OTP.

Keep in mind that authors tend to write about the pairings they enjoy.  NO AUTHOR IS OBLIGATED TO DO OTHERWISE.

I didn't mind being called selfish and I had expected it will coming, because all the people could be called selfish at some point. I hope you didn't feel insulted with my opinion.

For me, all fandoms are full of possibilities when it comes to fanfiction. As for the fandoms of RPF (Real Person Fic), the possibilities is infinite. All could be written into fanfics. It didn't have a so-called "crack pair" or "crack fic". You (in general) couldn't really know what's going on in the reality.

For the Out of Character characterization, for RPF, there is no originality, especially when it comes to idols. They might as well act friendly or close to the others in front of the fans. But no one knows what is s/he thinks or feels in reality.

I didn't want to say a fic is "good" or "bad" as it depends on the person who read it. I didn't state any of the "mainstream" as it could be different for each person.

For "well-written" fics, have you read your own and call it "well-written"? Have you read others' and called it "well-written"? It's more subjective. When you read your own that the others said it was well-written, you might feel it isn't. When you read what the others said it isn't well-written, you might said it well-written.

Correct grammar. What is actually a correct grammar? When you spoke something (not in text) is it has a correct grammar? When you read something that you feel it didn't have a correct grammar did you actually think that the one who wrote it was still learning it or did it on purpose? Correct grammar is something you can't explain to. Correct grammar depends on where is the writer comes from. Let's take Singlish as example. Singaporeans used English as well as Malay and Mandarin. Their English is affected with Malay and Mandarin. They called it Singlish. Singlish didn't have what international called "correct grammar", so they separated it to "English (Singapore)". Just like "English (UK)" and "English (US)". So, no. There's no what was called as "correct grammar".

Read might as well help people to correct their own. But of course they didn't write it as the "formulas" for sentences stated like " S + Verb + Object + Adjective/dll". If they wrote like that, it's like writing something in their native language (if English isn't their first language) then translated it per words.

Demands or requests from readers, as Hitobo said, could always be ignored and continue writing as your own wish. The writers couldn't always stay in one fandom forever. They might have seems "disappear" because they didn't really following a fandom as much as when they first knew it. As time goes on, the fandom they knew has changed, made it difficult to follow it again. It's not always because of the readers.

Popular pairings are popular. I get it. But sometimes there are people who bumped into a pairing that isn't really new but has caught their interest and after some moments of following it, they decide to search for its fic. Not everyone who experienced that are lucky enough to found at least one fic about it. Even if they made one for themselves, isn't it quite awkward to spazz over your own? (Just like I wrote about SKE pair ShawAkarin (Hata Sawako/Suda Akari) but didn't feel any satisfaction when reading it).

"Fan Fiction Readers' Ethics".

-DO NOT repeatedly make requests of an author.  "No means no."
-DO NOT pester an author to make updates.  Contrary to what seems to be popular belief, writing a good story is not easy.
-DO NOT denounce a story simply because you do not like the pairing, setting, plot, etc.  No one is forcing you to read it.

-DO leave positive messages.  Constructive criticism is always welcome.

I agreed with this. Ever since I read and write fanfics I promise to myself to not forced any writers to update or continue their fic.

So please. If I ever do something like that, feel free to telling me via PM, tumblr, or twitter.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 04:55:18 PM by caghaunt »
One-shots: SKE48 fic - Silent Understanding (Matsui Rena/Furukawa Airi) [2015.05.15]
Twitter: SKE48 fic - Silent Understanding (Matsui Rena/Furukawa Airi) [2015.05.15]
Twitter:
SKE48 fic - Silent Understanding (Matsui Rena/Furukawa Airi) [2015.05.15]
Twitter:
Tumblr:
caghaunt

Offline karomuwi

• Rena-sama~ I adore thee!!!
  • Member+
  • I LOVE Mayuki, WMatsui, GekiBlack and Kojiyuu~!
« Reply #135 on: September 16, 2012, 09:15:34 AM »
Hey guys o/ I'm kinda new here. I'm having so much fun reading your fanfics here o/ that fired me up to write my own fanfic, so I don't know if this is the right place, I'd like to ask for help ;D I already have the idea, but I feel I miss some details... Can someone please help me? *.*

:welcome Welcome to the forum, BbSis! I'm sure that everyone here is glad that you're going to write your own fanfic, so we'll try to help you as much as we can. ^^
Had a withdrawal, so now I'm planning to fall in love with the couples all over again

\(^ - ^)/
Here are my fics~! They can be found amongst these three. :hee:

Shots
Love's A Mission
Oh My Dolly!

R.A.Y
SoUL (Series)

The Akiba Family (T.A.F)

Offline arisa03

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #136 on: September 16, 2012, 01:56:26 PM »

arisa03, you might agree with me on a concept which I will label "Fan Fiction Readers' Ethics".

-DO NOT pester an author to make updates.  Contrary to what seems to be popular belief, writing a good story is not easy.
-DO NOT denounce a story simply because you do not like the pairing, setting, plot, etc.  No one is forcing you to read it.

I won't reply to everything else you said, but I agree with you here, and that's that. I hope other writers and readers read this as well and learn that what they always want do not happen and that waiting is always needed. ;D

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #137 on: September 16, 2012, 08:37:27 PM »
"Fan Fiction Readers' Ethics".

Also, this is completely unrelated to the discussion, but I've been thinking that this forum needs a bit of organization.  (You have all been very productive!) Perhaps some sub-classification pages?  One for ~48 group member-centered stories, one for Majisuka Gakuen themed stories, and one for crossover/other stories?

Until next time,
Hitobo
Those are some great ethics points Hitobo, and  think everyone should adhere to them.

As for the sub pages/child boards, I don't believe it's necessary now. Yes the fic section is quite active and bustling, but I don't think it's enough to consider a sub section for MG and crossovers. For now, writers can continue to label their stories as MG or crossovers.
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline arisa03

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #138 on: September 19, 2012, 01:30:27 PM »
I don't really want to make any more direct comments as to not spark anymore in comings.

I briefly apologize for my 'well-written' comment for I have no other words to describe a story that is 'written properly.' I suppose if I refer to them as 'written properly' then we'll be on the same page. I believe all of us knows what a 'written properly' story is.

Pointing out a writer's flaw is called 'criticism' and I suppose that hopefully most of the users here know how to do that, but they don't. For example, I was barely criticized for my writing, I need it in order to improve. I wasn't criticized until I posted here and criticized another person, so what's holding back all those criticism, laziness? Replies make authors update faster and write more.

Writers reduce writing when there are no more readers, replying and giving criticisms and comments help.

Also Hitobo, on the topic of Out of Character

I don't touch OOC that much, because a person's characterization of a human being is their own perception of that person. I believe in fanfic writing, there isn't such a thing as 'Out of Character' but just a 'difference in opinion.'

That's All.

Offline penguin-chan

« Reply #139 on: September 23, 2012, 04:59:44 PM »
I know I'm new here but I've been lurking around forever and actually seeing a proper discussion going on here is rather... surprising  :nervous

...on the topic of Out of Character

I don't touch OOC that much, because a person's characterization of a human being is their own perception of that person. I believe in fanfic writing, there isn't such a thing as 'Out of Character' but just a 'difference in opinion.'

It's true that for RPF the characterization is mostly our perception of that person but I do believe that OOC-ness can still happen. Maybe it's a bit harder to classify OOC-ness for RPF, but for me, there are unique traits of the girls that we know which distinguish them from the other girls and when I see writers write differently.. I would still consider that as going OOC. Just think of it, if there is no OOC-ness then you can just easily swap the characters between fics since there is nothing that can differentiate them with each other.

I'm not sure if I have gotten my point across clearly but I'd just like to point that out. And characterization is really one of, if not the most, important elements in a fic for me.  :)

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Viyuden - Magokoro no Michi