JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tommy Heavenly6 - I`m Gonna Scream

Author Topic: The General AKB48 Fanfic Discussion Thread  (Read 333270 times)

Offline nori

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The General AKB48 Fanfic Discussion Thread
« Reply #280 on: March 05, 2013, 08:49:31 PM »
Miichan, on the other hand, is still plausible especially if you've been watching a certain AKB48-related anime. I won't say anymore to spoil the plot though.

I know exactly what you mean and that does give some new scope but the biggest problem I have is the reference of her looking like Gachapin  :nervous
Making her an antagonist would be to make one of my childhood characters an antagonist, and I just can't do that  :cry:

On another note totally agree with your list and made me realise Yuki/Black is also quite a good antagonist

Offline Seigus

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #281 on: March 06, 2013, 01:27:15 AM »
I know exactly what you mean and that does give some new scope but the biggest problem I have is the reference of her looking like Gachapin  :nervous
Making her an antagonist would be to make one of my childhood characters an antagonist, and I just can't do that  :cry:

On another note totally agree with your list and made me realise Yuki/Black is also quite a good antagonist

I'm sorry but the image of Gachapinzilla just crossed my mind :rofl:

I didn't include Yuki/Black in my list because she's someone who doesn't appear to have a very strong agenda. She basically minds her own business and is comfortable playing the role of a supporter. Those in my list have a very strong desire to succeed, e.g. Mayuyu wants to be center, Milky wants people to think of her when the name Watanabe is mentioned. The exception is Mariko who is in the list mainly due to her queen character. I'm not saying that Yukirin doesn't hunger for success (she is working very hard for her solo career); just that she doesn't outwardly show that aggressive/competitive side of her. It's the same for Black in Majisuka. She's not someone who would pick a fight unnecessarily and would rather spend her time reading the Bible.

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #282 on: March 06, 2013, 11:01:14 AM »
I have read all the replies here and pretty much understand that it varies on the situation :nervous

Many I have read have few or none antagonist within the group, which I find not surprising.  Again thanks for writing up great replies
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline BbSis

• Girls love rules *.*~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Clean the nosebleed and keep reading/writing! @.@
« Reply #283 on: March 19, 2013, 06:39:42 PM »
Hi! I don't know if it's the right place to do it, but here it goes.

I had this idea while talking with Kuroneko. A crossover of AKB48 and Fatal Frame 4. I loved the story of this game, and found the characters charming. Of course few of them a creepy but it's a horror game after all. Have you ever heard of or played it?

But as I decided to put Matsui Sakiko as one of the leading role, since piano holds an importance in the story, I'm having trouble to find who could best fit her friends. So I'm accepting any kind of advice  :bow: 

What do you think of it?   

<3
Sorry about my lack of activity... I'm kinda stuck in life...

My fics:
It started in a wedding (MariMii + usual couples) - ongoing
The fanfiction post thread (KojiYuu, WMatsui) - ongoing
The cry of a lonely star - ongoing
Oneshots
Oneshots at Perv area

Offline Seigus

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #284 on: March 19, 2013, 07:48:01 PM »
I don't know if it's the right place to do it, but here it goes.

No worries! This is the place to ask questions like yours.

I am not familiar with Sakiko (though I love her looks and class) and who she tends to hang out with but the people you can consider are her former and/or current teammates. I'm sure she has formed close bonds with some of them.

I know my answer isn't that much of a help so let's hope other forum members might have a better idea :nervous

Offline caghaunt

• Shinoda Mariko-sama!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ShawAkarin wa saikou! MariHaru mo!
« Reply #285 on: March 20, 2013, 12:05:31 AM »
Sakippe's friends, eh...
The old-old team k members, i think.
And some occasional moments with some team b and nowaday's team a.
One-shots: SKE48 fic - Silent Understanding (Matsui Rena/Furukawa Airi) [2015.05.15]
Twitter: SKE48 fic - Silent Understanding (Matsui Rena/Furukawa Airi) [2015.05.15]
Twitter:
SKE48 fic - Silent Understanding (Matsui Rena/Furukawa Airi) [2015.05.15]
Twitter:
Tumblr:
caghaunt

Offline bunny_rabbit

• Freudian Psychoanalyst???Why Not LOL
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Even in death, may you be triumphant
« Reply #286 on: March 20, 2013, 07:54:17 AM »
why not try nonaka misato a.k.a micha...

that is the only name I can come out with when I heared someone mention Sakiko's name

Sakiko-Micha, 2nd twin tower of previous team k

Offline nori

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #287 on: March 27, 2013, 02:00:47 AM »
Hey guys, I know this is quite random but I was wondering. What are your opinions of having members die in stories?

It's clearly not a common thing in most stories since it's a fairly "delicate" issue and the idea of having a member of your beloved group die is a little sad to say the least. But I decided to give it a try and got mixed reactions from the readers so I was wondering what other people's view on this was.

Though I do understand that this probably won't have many replies since I doubt many people would be comfortable talking about this sort of thing maybe? Still it would be nice if I heard from a few people just to get a better perspective of things  :)

Offline Hitobo

« Reply #288 on: March 27, 2013, 04:33:00 AM »
My opinion on members' in-story deaths (as is the case with almost everything else about a story's aspects) is that if done tactfully, I'll approve of it.  One question, though; when you say "die," do you simply mean passing away by any means, or is there a specific method you're curious about, like suicide or murder?  Readers can be very sensitive to such subjects.

Honestly, this is another one of those concepts that is dependent upon the story's genre.  Angst fics are certainly more likely than other genres to include character deaths, and the readers probably understand this when they opt to read the story.  In other genres, however, character death is not as expected, and I think that perhaps sometimes that sudden shock or turn of events is what is unsettling to the readers.

Also, as you've suggested, I feel that most readers simply don't want to see their beloved members die.  However, I can vaguely remember at least two separate AKB fics based on Battle Royale's concept of everyone killing one another.  Military based stories might possibly contain member deaths as well.  Let's face it; if you're one lonely squad standing against an entire enemy army, you're likely to have at least one casualty.  This is certainly more believable (and for me more enjoyable) than a miracle, "everyone is alive despite the ridiculous odds" ending.

Offline Seigus

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #289 on: March 27, 2013, 08:20:24 AM »
Though I do understand that this probably won't have many replies since I doubt many people would be comfortable talking about this sort of thing maybe? Still it would be nice if I heard from a few people just to get a better perspective of things  :)

Oh, I love talking about this sort of thing! XD Okay, morbidness aside, it's a really good question to get people thinking about the impact of death.

Character death has always been something that I want to do but never got around to doing because I can't bear to kill off my precious girls. However, I'm going to change that in a couple of my future stories :lol:

Personally, I believe character death is the same as any major development in a story, e.g., Person A going bankrupt or a couple breaking up. It has to be well-justified and add value to the story. That means it should either bring forth a turn of events by moving the story forward and causing change in the surviving characters or provide an impactful conclusion to the story. It shouldn't be something pulled out of nowhere just for fun.

I admit I always feel like strangling someone when my favourite character(s) dies, yet at the same time, I love the whirlwind of emotions that assault me. A well-written death scene can make me cry buckets and it's one of the most amazing feelings in the world. It proves that the writer has successfully conveyed the impact and emotions to the reader and that, to me, is pure joy and satisfaction. Plus, the satisfaction doesn't just come from the death scene but from the payoff of the previous build-up of character/story developments.

It shouldn't be something a writer tries to avoid, especially if it'll give their plot more depth/meaning/realism/good stuff

I fully agree with this. A writer should never compromise the story just because readers dislike reading about their favourite members dying. If a death is what you need to achieve a certain meaningful effect/goal, go ahead. Readers should appreciate that you are doing it to make the most out of your story.

Offline caghaunt

• Shinoda Mariko-sama!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ShawAkarin wa saikou! MariHaru mo!
« Reply #290 on: March 27, 2013, 05:35:23 PM »
I don't mind having a character death if it really needed to improve the plot and incoming event, or maybe even the cause of an event. Character death never meant to be avoided. A person can't save everyone. That would be too naive.

I personally love stories with some character death on it, like The Tales of Otori and Shin Sekai Yori. At the same time I'm also frustrated with it. Not saddened, more like raging. But with those deaths, I also understood the depth of the plot. One thing I believe is a death must be reasonable even if it is a serial murder like in Agatha Christie's The ABC Murders, wherein some innocent people were killed to make it looks like a random kill as if in Jack the Ripper's case.

If you want to write a story with members dying or die, go for it. Not avoiding such plot is one of the improvement. I didn't see why people must dislike or avoid it while people somewhere in this world died at this time and not everyone care about it.

One-shots: SKE48 fic - Silent Understanding (Matsui Rena/Furukawa Airi) [2015.05.15]
Twitter: SKE48 fic - Silent Understanding (Matsui Rena/Furukawa Airi) [2015.05.15]
Twitter:
SKE48 fic - Silent Understanding (Matsui Rena/Furukawa Airi) [2015.05.15]
Twitter:
Tumblr:
caghaunt

Offline Sieka

• YukiRena, SayaMilky & AnniNaga Banzai ( ・ω ・ )
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ~All hail Gekikara, Milky & Annin~
« Reply #291 on: March 27, 2013, 06:02:17 PM »
Tragedy isn't that bad to spice up the story, but it depends on the build up of the prior scenes in order to get a heightened emotional pull from the readers, it depends on how you build up your own story. I personally think that with or without the character killing, you can affect the story, it just depends on how you put in the conflicts and mixing them with each other and how you make little issues turn into something big, but tragedy i.e, character death is the easiest way to add drama, rather than simply just making the character suffer, it makes the reader feel sympathy for the character, but sometimes, character deaths are only temporary, depending on how you actually highlight them in your story.

If you really want to spice up your story, then try it then, but you can always add the tragedy before the ending, since it's already predictable if you pull death on the ending itself. Maybe something unpredictable would also be a good surprise for your readers. Though, you should know, even character deaths on endings are also common, so if you want to entice your readers, make an unexpected plot or scene, like making the character's next moves unpredictable enough that it makes them go "Ah...! Why didn't I think of that?". That is just my suggestion anyways.

And while I do agree with HashirePomeranian about about character death, I still do believe it depends on the approach of the writers to be able to create something realistic or has something good and eye-opening. It really depends on how everything is approached, from the timing to the actual plotting and character developments. Sometimes rushing out the plot is also one big factor in creating an emotional pull, some plots are nice when rushed, while some....just aren't, it depends on the plot. I guess the easiest way in making something real or make people feel, without actually relying too much on character deaths is by using your own emotions as your guide: what you feel and experience, the pain, misery or shame you felt in the past, can be used in it, you just have to show and describe "how it felt" and what mindset they would have during those scenes.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 06:08:30 PM by Sieka »
[ Author Profile | Tumblr ]
~I also ship NMB48's SayaMilky~
~From MG3, I wave the AnniNaga shipping flag~
~Shipping hard BlackGeki, and the princess pairing, YukiRena~

Fanfics:
[ Divine Intervention || The Beauty of Love || Sieka's Collections ]
[ This Distance Between Us || (Collab) Let Love Bleed Red ]
[ Memories of the Heart ]

Status: Semi-hiatus, Semi-I-don't-know-if-want-to-come-back-now

Offline nori

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #292 on: March 27, 2013, 07:38:00 PM »
Wow I honestly wasn't expecting so many replies  :O

I guess we all share similar thoughts in that it is sometimes a necessary thing to have a member die, however frustrating/sad it is, provided that its done properly and makes sense to the plot. I honestly regret not having asked this question before I went ahead with writing since there's some really useful advice her. Well now I know not to hesitate about having members kill each other, that's if I choose to write another story like that.

Still thanks very much guys and it was very enlightening learning about your thoughts :)

Offline Sieka

• YukiRena, SayaMilky & AnniNaga Banzai ( ・ω ・ )
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ~All hail Gekikara, Milky & Annin~
« Reply #293 on: March 28, 2013, 04:58:06 AM »
While I never have killed my characters in my previous fanfics, I make them suffer, hence the angst, although it's not because I'm scared of the readers reactions that's why I never wrote character deaths. I'm not really scared of readers reactions, I can take bashing and criticism for my writing, it's just that I don't want to make a full-on death on a character without developing their characters and making the readers love and sympathize them. It would be too premature if you killed a character without making them feel loved or hated by the readers after all is what is my opinion. And, yes, death is realistic, since it happens in reality, but I though that, "Ahh...death in fiction is sometimes realistic, and sometimes not because of the plot itself", I have back up on that, I've read a lot of fanfictions swimming around on other forums and sites and believe me, some character deaths just feel awkward and rushed, it doesn't give that sense of "Oh...this is life, everyone dies..." because it hangs you up on the emotions...like, it isn't enough.

Death might be realistic in real life, but to make the readers feel and think of it in a realistic way is hard in fictions. If you can instill that subject of death in their minds, not just the word, but the meaning of death as a whole, then it would be a great eye-opener to people to value their lives and treasure each moments they have with people they love and cherish. But, since this is fiction, I doubt some would go out their way to actually hone something like that, I mean, it's simply for pure enjoyment...reading fictions and writing. People might complain that I'm talking all "novel-ish" so I'll just end it there.

On miraculous survival, I think that's also realistic, in a sense, the side of which humans want to happen, the hope of exiting despair and death, but why does miracles in fiction seem so unconvincing and realistic? Because of the portrayals of the miracles, it's simple just that. And also, if you kill your character for more than once and letting him survive through miracles each time, I think that would really be unrealistic and an overkill to the actual realistic feel of the plot, if ever that was the aim of course.

[ Author Profile | Tumblr ]
~I also ship NMB48's SayaMilky~
~From MG3, I wave the AnniNaga shipping flag~
~Shipping hard BlackGeki, and the princess pairing, YukiRena~

Fanfics:
[ Divine Intervention || The Beauty of Love || Sieka's Collections ]
[ This Distance Between Us || (Collab) Let Love Bleed Red ]
[ Memories of the Heart ]

Status: Semi-hiatus, Semi-I-don't-know-if-want-to-come-back-now

Offline jurichan

« Reply #294 on: March 30, 2013, 09:15:24 PM »
HELLO? I'M LOOKING FOR A STORY,  YUKO to  FINDING Jurina WHICH LOST MEMORY and EMMNE IN THE FAMILY OF MICHAN AND MARICHAN . PLEASE ?

Offline Seigus

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #295 on: March 31, 2013, 03:23:36 AM »
^ Hi jurichan, I understand that you may be eager to obtain an answer to your question but please refrain from typing in all caps because it is equivalent to shouting on the Internet. It is also unnecessary as people will still read your request if you type in a normal manner.

Regarding your question, I'm sorry I don't remember such a story. Kindly wait patiently to see if anyone is able to give you an answer. Thank you.

Offline jurichan

« Reply #296 on: March 31, 2013, 09:55:10 AM »
@ Seigus: I'm really sorry  :bow: it was not my intention, I would be careful next time. I find the story that was not in this forum, I apologize once again  :bow: thank you.

Offline Seigus

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #297 on: March 31, 2013, 10:27:58 AM »
^ Don't worry about it, jurichan :) It was just a reminder to practise proper internet etiquette to ensure a pleasant online experience for everyone. You found the story somewhere else? That's good for you!

Offline RJay

• AtsuMina & MariHaru FOR LIFE!!!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Don't give up! Keep moving forward!
« Reply #298 on: April 01, 2013, 08:56:47 PM »
Sorry for posting something as trivial as this, but am I the only one seeing something weird when I read some fics today?

Because I may be hallucinating or something. I've been seeing the word 'Postering' everywhere I read like in the middle of a word and it wouldn't make any sense when I read those fics and I'm quite bothered by it.
If I'm not the only one seeing these then that's good, unless I am probably the only one which is a problem for me
I'll say "I love you" to the person I love
Even if these feelings aren't returned, saying "I love you" to the person you love
That is the most beautiful thing in the world

Offline Yuki88

• The Nocturnal Black Snow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • "Do you love me?"
« Reply #299 on: April 01, 2013, 09:19:36 PM »
^ I have a feeling that there's some kind of April fools' prank being pulled there, lol.
Anai Chihiro is my one and only.

"Are we nothing more than the captain and her vice captain?"

My random OS Idea Center || Hakata Legend (HKT48 drabble fics) || Virgin Love (A TomoYuki Fluff) -hiatus?-

Tumblr version of my fics archive: http://blacksnow88.tumblr.com/

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tommy Heavenly6 - I`m Gonna Scream