JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tarachine - Mellow Gold

Author Topic: The General AKB48 Fanfic Discussion Thread  (Read 333205 times)

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Re: The General AKB48 Fanfic Discussion Thread
« Reply #300 on: April 01, 2013, 10:15:36 PM »
^ it is reason why I wont be posting anything today

Go check out the one direction forum
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline aruka

• (Mostly) a silent force?
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #301 on: April 01, 2013, 10:42:38 PM »
^
April Fools' prank... yare yare. :bigdeal:

At least it's lighter compared to last year's prank which I found very disgusting. I was definitely pissed off at that one, just sayin' :)

April Fools day just get the hell out of here already! :grin: I wanna read the fics comfortably.
My fanfic thread      : The Book of My Single Shots | Current update: IKEMEN GAKUEN Troubles [MINOR UPDATE 03/12]
Contributing a bit in : [script?] saku-chan's Drabbles | Completed: #33 - #40 - #89 - #213 - #214

Want to visit? Douzo~

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #302 on: April 01, 2013, 11:11:37 PM »
^
April Fools' prank... yare yare. :bigdeal:

At least it's lighter compared to last year's prank which I found very disgusting. I was definitely pissed off at that one, just sayin' :)

April Fools day just get the hell out of here already! :grin: I wanna read the fics comfortably.

It is still good natured fun.  Sorry to all that did post today XD
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #303 on: April 02, 2013, 05:00:10 AM »
Unfortunately it should have been known beforehand but I knew :P
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline caghaunt

• Shinoda Mariko-sama!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ShawAkarin wa saikou! MariHaru mo!
« Reply #304 on: April 02, 2013, 02:52:38 PM »
At least it was just a day and the changed words was only "ass". Not going to like that kind of pranks though.
One-shots: SKE48 fic - Silent Understanding (Matsui Rena/Furukawa Airi) [2015.05.15]
Twitter: SKE48 fic - Silent Understanding (Matsui Rena/Furukawa Airi) [2015.05.15]
Twitter:
SKE48 fic - Silent Understanding (Matsui Rena/Furukawa Airi) [2015.05.15]
Twitter:
Tumblr:
caghaunt

Offline Minamiyuki

• Kumiyuri - My OTP and Kami-oshi
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kizaki Yuria ❤ Yagami Kumi
« Reply #305 on: April 02, 2013, 05:40:07 PM »
I was thinking if i'm gonna able to post my fiction here, I'm currently working at it (In my MS word)  :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can't post it due to the register issue (this is my third time that i'm registered)

So can I post my story here? This is my first time that i'm creating a fanfic, so expected to have many miscorrected words.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you...and expected to have a comment so I can start now to post my first story here.  :)

P.S.

I'm the only boy in here? Or the ratio of boys to girls are suddenly high?  XD XD XD XD

Another P.S.

This is my first post, so Hajimemashite minna-san  XD
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 05:50:36 PM by X_Last-Cross_X »
いつか君を会うために、望むでしょうは最後のものだったよ。
(To meet you someday, was the last thing I will wish for.)
Kumiyuri X Mayuki X Wmatsui X Atsumina X Furuyanagi X Kojiyuu

My Full Series Fics:
GunSword Series (On-going) | Need for Speed: Fast Forward (On-going) | Night Shift Series (On-hiatus) | Shikyo Taisen Series (On-going) | Shichitenshi Gakuen (On-hiatus)

Offline Seigus

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #306 on: April 02, 2013, 06:07:32 PM »
So can I post my story here? This is my first time that i'm creating a fanfic, so expected to have many miscorrected words.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

First of all, welcome to JPH!P, X_Last-Cross_X! :jphip:

Now that you are a registered member, yes, you can post your fanfic in the AKB48 Fanfics Forum. Just click on the pink 'New Topic' button on the right side of the screen to create a new thread for your fanfic. Please use the spell/grammar check in Microsoft Word to minimise the mistakes you may have before posting your fanfic so that readers won't be too distracted by them.

Do also check out the writing advice by various writers of this forum in The AKB48 Fanfiction Community Advice Thread :thumbsup

I'm the only boy in here? Or the ratio of boys to girls are suddenly high?

You can find out more about fellow readers and writers in The AKB48 Fanfic Author/Reader Profile Thread :)

Offline Minamiyuki

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #307 on: April 03, 2013, 06:32:46 PM »
LOL its just cuz we females are awesome! no jk... WHERES ALL THE GUYS? LOL

alexiel17... you a cool author... LOL trust me! just keep trying your best~ i do like our fanfics... :D

i also like dark-atrox's work... lol its really good!

I'm a guy....  XD XD XD

My Full Series Fics:
GunSword Series (On-going) | Need for Speed: Fast Forward (On-going) | Night Shift Series (On-hiatus) | Shikyo Taisen Series (On-going) | Shichitenshi Gakuen (On-hiatus)

Offline Yuki88

• The Nocturnal Black Snow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • "Do you love me?"
« Reply #308 on: April 03, 2013, 09:05:38 PM »
Lately I've been wanting to see more fics with unusual pairing. I mean I like certain pairings but reading unusual ones is refreshing.  XD

On side note, I have a draft with uncommon pairing (Yukirin x Yuka) (that I don't think I'll be able to finish with incapability of forming words from the images I have in my mind)   :panic:
Anai Chihiro is my one and only.

"Are we nothing more than the captain and her vice captain?"

My random OS Idea Center || Hakata Legend (HKT48 drabble fics) || Virgin Love (A TomoYuki Fluff) -hiatus?-

Tumblr version of my fics archive: http://blacksnow88.tumblr.com/

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #309 on: April 03, 2013, 09:08:25 PM »
Lately I've been wanting to see more fics with unusual pairing. I mean I like certain pairings but reading unusual ones is refreshing.  XD

On side note, I have a draft with uncommon pairing (Yukirin x Yuka) (that I don't think I'll be able to finish with incapability of forming words from the images I have in my mind)   :panic:

I agree with you, but selling is the main issue although I'm no help at that :lol: :lol:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 09:52:42 PM by kurosawa87 »
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Yuki88

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • "Do you love me?"
« Reply #310 on: April 06, 2013, 04:12:22 PM »
So I'm currently in the middle of writing a fluff on Yukirin x Tomochin (Don't ask me how I decided to do this seemingly-nonexistent-and-weird pairing  XD) which, for once, progressing well and I actually have a clear vision how I want it to be  :D but....
I wonder if I should use past tense in writing it (the non-convo ones)? Currently it's mixed of present and past tense  :?

My random OS Idea Center || Hakata Legend (HKT48 drabble fics) || Virgin Love (A TomoYuki Fluff) -hiatus?-

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #311 on: April 06, 2013, 07:17:38 PM »
So I'm currently in the middle of writing a fluff on Yukirin x Tomochin (Don't ask me how I decided to do this seemingly-nonexistent-and-weird pairing  XD) which, for once, progressing well and I actually have a clear vision how I want it to be  :D but....
I wonder if I should use past tense in writing it (the non-convo ones)? Currently it's mixed of present and past tense  :?

Well I think it would work out either way based on you are saying, just to keep a mood within the story
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 07:35:59 PM by kurosawa87 »
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Minamiyuki

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #312 on: April 06, 2013, 07:28:08 PM »
Could anyone make a Atsunyan and Takayuu fanfic plsss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :cry: :cry: :cry:

My Full Series Fics:

Offline sakura_drop_

• サクゲキと読んでください | Sakugeki to yonde kudasai~ | Please call me "Sakugeki"
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • YukoRena(Geki) & AtsuYuu shipping all the way! ♥♥♥
« Reply #313 on: April 06, 2013, 07:46:13 PM »
Could anyone make a Atsunyan and Takayuu fanfic plsss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :cry: :cry: :cry:

My TakaYuu OS is in production, and by the end of the next week it will be posted  ;)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 08:46:34 PM by sakura_drop_ »
"人間みんな変態だから" - 古川愛李, SKE48 新高柳チームKII 「シアターの女神」千秋楽公演, 2014.04.18 <"Because all people are perverts." - Furukawa Airi, SKE48 New Takayanagi Team KII [Theater no Megami] Last Stage, 2014.04.18>

My Blog: J-Pop and K-Pop Abode   The list of my fics in JPH!P: My fics   Let's have fun here: Acchan48   My home and family: United Nations Society of Adorkable Writers

My KamiOshis: Yuuko-sama, Rena-sama  Oshimen: Yuihime Other favorites: Mirukii, Juri-tan, Ripopo

Offline Seigus

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #314 on: April 06, 2013, 11:08:07 PM »

YukiTomo is not exactly non-existent since they tend to be paired up during recent performances. A story about them should be interesting :thumbsup

Anyway, in reply to your question, it is up to you which narrative tense to use in your story. I am more comfortable with using past tense in my writing as it feels more natural to tell a story that has already happened. However, present tense can be used to make readers feel a sense of immediacy, meaning they feel like they are right there experiencing the story's events as they unfold. One thing to note is to be wary of making unnecessary switches between the past and present tenses when you write in present tense. That's the risky thing about using present tense; it is easy to get confused when you want to write about past events in your story. If you are not confident with juggling two tenses, it is best to stick to writing in past tense.

I suggest that you read this article "Narrative Tense—Right Now or Way Back Then" to have a better idea of the effects of writing in past/present tense. Here is an excerpt from the article:

Pros and Cons

Familiarity
Since the past tense is familiar to readers, readers don’t have to adjust when they begin a story written using past tense. There might well be an adjustment period for readers of present-tense stories.

Novelty
Stories told using present-tense narration can be enticing because they’re different. Readers may also end up paying closer attention since the format is one unfamiliar to them. They may develop a deeper involvement in the story.

Immediacy
Some writers and readers believe that use of the present tense makes story action and events more immediate. On the other hand, proponents of the past tense may find that verbs used in the past tense make story events seem more immediate. Because there’s no adjustment needed, readers can imagine themselves in the story from page one.

Believability
Readers have to believe that story events written in present tense are happening at the very moment they’re reading. That’s admittedly a stretch for some readers since they know the story events are not happening in the now. After all, a book’s events have to have been completed before the book was written. Yes, readers can get over this incongruity, but reader perception is something to consider when you choose your narrative tense.

If you want more views by different people on this topic, you may check out this link: http://www.writewords.org.uk/forum/65_51010.asp

Offline Yuki88

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • "Do you love me?"
« Reply #315 on: April 07, 2013, 06:05:21 AM »
Oh wow thanks a lot for the help and suggestion, kurosawa87-san and Seigus-san  :bow:
I think I have a clearer view on which one I wanna use  XD

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #316 on: April 11, 2013, 11:59:25 PM »
I just wanted to say I have a favorite pairing, all others shall be be non-existant to me :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you want to know.... go check my updated profile :)

It doesn't I won't write others, but just expect more of my fav pairing :wub:

Anyways, how did you find your favorite pairing(s)?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 12:14:50 AM by kurosawa87 »
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Yuki88

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • "Do you love me?"
« Reply #317 on: April 12, 2013, 01:32:16 PM »
My favorite pairing, huh... I dunno, it's just happened. But, well, I think I choose a favorite pairing because I think they have unexplainable chemistry between them. Pretty hard to define, haha.

Offline sakura_drop_

• サクゲキと読んでください | Sakugeki to yonde kudasai~ | Please call me "Sakugeki"
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • YukoRena(Geki) & AtsuYuu shipping all the way! ♥♥♥
« Reply #318 on: April 13, 2013, 04:55:59 PM »
Just for the fun I did this research and found out some interesting things!! Here we go!!

Most Viewed Fanfics Top 10

Most Commented Fanfics Top 10

A personal thank you from me!! Thanks to you all participating, my thread became a hot trending topic!!! SANKYUU all!!! And...

ANZAI-SAN!! Congratulations!!!

Also congratulations to all others in this ranking!!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 05:09:32 PM by sakura_drop_ »
"人間みんな変態だから" - 古川愛李, SKE48 新高柳チームKII 「シアターの女神」千秋楽公演, 2014.04.18 <"Because all people are perverts." - Furukawa Airi, SKE48 New Takayanagi Team KII [Theater no Megami] Last Stage, 2014.04.18>

My Blog: J-Pop and K-Pop Abode   The list of my fics in JPH!P: My fics   Let's have fun here: Acchan48   My home and family: United Nations Society of Adorkable Writers

My KamiOshis: Yuuko-sama, Rena-sama  Oshimen: Yuihime Other favorites: Mirukii, Juri-tan, Ripopo

Offline Minamiyuki

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #319 on: April 15, 2013, 05:37:39 PM »
Can I able now to access to the Perv Section of the forum??? (Turning 18 this year, next 3 months)  XD XD XD

My Full Series Fics:

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tarachine - Mellow Gold