JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Chisako Mikami - Here

Author Topic: The General AKB48 Fanfic Discussion Thread  (Read 333195 times)

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Re: The General AKB48 Fanfic Discussion Thread
« Reply #380 on: July 02, 2013, 08:19:02 AM »
^I'm already have a post in there...

But still.....  :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Just gotta be patient the mods are fair and will do their due diligence maybe in a few hours they will give you your access.

Patience is worth the effort
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Minamiyuki

• Kumiyuri - My OTP and Kami-oshi
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kizaki Yuria ❤ Yagami Kumi
« Reply #381 on: July 02, 2013, 04:52:30 PM »
I'm curious about the "AKBlasphemy48" site and I've sudden interest about it....

How will I register to that site? XD XD XD XD XD

sorry for the 'out of the blue' topic XD XD XD XD XD

or you can ask akblasphemy48-san to make you a contributing writer there ;)

How should I ask akblasphemy48-san about that?  :) :) :)
いつか君を会うために、望むでしょうは最後のものだったよ。
(To meet you someday, was the last thing I will wish for.)
Kumiyuri X Mayuki X Wmatsui X Atsumina X Furuyanagi X Kojiyuu

My Full Series Fics:
GunSword Series (On-going) | Need for Speed: Fast Forward (On-going) | Night Shift Series (On-hiatus) | Shikyo Taisen Series (On-going) | Shichitenshi Gakuen (On-hiatus)

Offline nori

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #382 on: July 02, 2013, 05:02:43 PM »
@X_Last-Cross_X Did you even check this link  :nervous 

Well try this.. Here's the link http://akblasphemy48.com/submit-fanfic/

You should be able to get in contact with akblasphemy48-san with this :thumbup

Offline Seigus

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #383 on: July 02, 2013, 09:19:33 PM »
WTH that I can't able to access perv section? I want to see it now! (I already reply my access to the that forum)

Please be patient and wait for the admins to grant you the access.

Regarding how to be a contributing writer on AKBlasphemy48, please follow the directions in the link provided by kenjoy12. If you have further queries, leave a comment on that very page and allow Max, the blog owner, some time to get back to you.

Now to get back on topic for this thread,

Anyway folks, just curious, where do you usually have the most idea flowing in your mind and able to write your fic smoothly?
I find myself writing most of my fics when I'm lying on my bed before I sleep XD

I write when work is not killing me (which unfortunately hasn't been the case for the past couple of months) because I need a clear head to think and translate my thoughts into words. I work best in the middle of the night when all is quiet with just me in the study. It's hard to concentrate with people milling around me as they may poke their nose in and attempt to read what I've written. Work-in-progress stuff should be for my eyes only.

Ideas tend to hit me when I'm in the shower, taking a bus/cab ride, or strolling on the streets; basically, times when I'm alone. Of course, inspiration also hits when I'm hanging out with friends or colleagues and that is when they may spot a stupid grin on my face :nervous

Offline sakura_drop_

• サクゲキと読んでください | Sakugeki to yonde kudasai~ | Please call me "Sakugeki"
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • YukoRena(Geki) & AtsuYuu shipping all the way! ♥♥♥
« Reply #384 on: July 02, 2013, 09:58:31 PM »
I wanna share thoughts on inspiration and writing too.

I usually get inspiration randomly. It just pops up in my head and - seigus-san, gomenne for using your expression - plot bunnies start jumping and strolicking around in my head. The problem is though...recently I prefer handwriting over typing and it's easier for me to write while riding a bus/car/train than at home because:

1. You dun have much to do in the bus so your mind can flow freely

2. No one pokes you, interrupts you or tries to read what you write - there are exceptions oc, but those never were the case to me where you get annoyed by that

3. Even though the handwriting comes out shaky and hard to understand, I love to come home, sit down and decipher it - fix all mistakes, add ideas and prolong the paragraphs.

But recently I have to much things going on - room renovation, summer job, kanji learning - so I can't seem to be able to concentrate on writing. Still, I have a huge plot bunny in my head which is about to smash it with whatever it has so... I'll probably have to update one of my older stories soon...  :nervous

Was my sharing of what I do useful?  XD
"人間みんな変態だから" - 古川愛李, SKE48 新高柳チームKII 「シアターの女神」千秋楽公演, 2014.04.18 <"Because all people are perverts." - Furukawa Airi, SKE48 New Takayanagi Team KII [Theater no Megami] Last Stage, 2014.04.18>

My Blog: J-Pop and K-Pop Abode   The list of my fics in JPH!P: My fics   Let's have fun here: Acchan48   My home and family: United Nations Society of Adorkable Writers

My KamiOshis: Yuuko-sama, Rena-sama  Oshimen: Yuihime Other favorites: Mirukii, Juri-tan, Ripopo

Offline sakura_drop_

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #385 on: July 04, 2013, 11:30:13 PM »
Surprise surprise! Sakura has a question!  XD

I am currently writing a One Shot and a person in it has a sprained ankle. I am no doctor and I have no idea about it and when I was researching it only gave me  a huge headache. I want the doctor to explain some things nicely to the other heroine of the story.

Let's say, we have 'Girl A' and 'Girl B'. Girl B had a sprained ankle before but she kept on practicing, dancing and performing, pretending she's fine. In the end her leg gets worse and she has to spend some time in the private yard at the clinic.

Girl A has a packed schedule and she can't visit Girl B for some time until she gets a free day. She comes and overhears Girl B arguing with doctor that she wants to go and perform. Girl A comes in and after some conversation happening a doctor has to explain the whole situation with Girl B's ankle and how she can't perform at the huge Arena Concert.

I dunno how to write the doctor's conversation with Girl A, Girl B interrupting and trying to negotiate. I dunno where to begin coz I am not good with medical stuff.

Anyone, help?  :nervous
"人間みんな変態だから" - 古川愛李, SKE48 新高柳チームKII 「シアターの女神」千秋楽公演, 2014.04.18 <"Because all people are perverts." - Furukawa Airi, SKE48 New Takayanagi Team KII [Theater no Megami] Last Stage, 2014.04.18>

My Blog: J-Pop and K-Pop Abode   The list of my fics in JPH!P: My fics   Let's have fun here: Acchan48   My home and family: United Nations Society of Adorkable Writers

My KamiOshis: Yuuko-sama, Rena-sama  Oshimen: Yuihime Other favorites: Mirukii, Juri-tan, Ripopo

Offline Shinoki

• REVOLUTION
  • Member+
  • MONA
« Reply #386 on: July 05, 2013, 12:09:56 AM »
sakura-san~~
truthfully, I have no idea either...
but sprain ankle + more pressure on it = something like swelling and pain?
whenever I go to a doctor for that type of thing, it isn't much of a hospital type thing
more like a clinic, the doctor will more or less say the common symptoms and not say the complicated things
basically, I guess swelling and like not being able to walk, healing will be further hindered, it is advised that you(Girl A) tell Girl B to rest a bit... 
(btw, turns out that some people have to get surgery cuz of sprains, but you might not want to make it more confusing with that type of thing!)
I just googled it and it seems that there are different levels of sprain, (google will answer 75% of your questions)
maybe when Girl B interrupts, she'll say something like the sprain is not bad at all and it was just something tiny and minor
(once in a while, you'll trip and sprain you ankle or something, but most of the time, it heals within a day even if you do walk around and stuff, I guess that's s minor sprain?)

Offline sakura_drop_

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #387 on: July 05, 2013, 12:25:05 AM »
sakura-san~~
truthfully, I have no idea either...
but sprain ankle + more pressure on it = something like swelling and pain?
whenever I go to a doctor for that type of thing, it isn't much of a hospital type thing
more like a clinic, the doctor will more or less say the common symptoms and not say the complicated things
basically, I guess swelling and like not being able to walk, healing will be further hindered, it is advised that you(Girl A) tell Girl B to rest a bit... 
(btw, turns out that some people have to get surgery cuz of sprains, but you might not want to make it more confusing with that type of thing!)
I just googled it and it seems that there are different levels of sprain, (google will answer 75% of your questions)
maybe when Girl B interrupts, she'll say something like the sprain is not bad at all and it was just something tiny and minor
(once in a while, you'll trip and sprain you ankle or something, but most of the time, it heals within a day even if you do walk around and stuff, I guess that's s minor sprain?)

the thing is, my story requires more than a simple sprain. That is why I am asking for help. And I read the stuff google provided but I am just NG with medicine..  :banghead: so yeah...

Offline nori

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #388 on: July 05, 2013, 12:31:37 AM »
^Well the only way to treat any sort of sprain would be to bandage and compress the ankle. Also the doctor would tell you not to do any sort of exercise and if it's really serious they might give you a pair of crutches so you don't have to walk.

I wish I could say more sakura-san but I'm not too sure what else it is you want to know :nervous

Offline sakura_drop_

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #389 on: July 05, 2013, 12:39:04 AM »
^Well the only way to treat any sort of sprain would be to bandage and compress the ankle. Also the doctor would tell you not to do any sort of exercise and if it's really serious they might give you a pair of crutches so you don't have to walk.

I wish I could say more sakura-san but I'm not too sure what else it is you want to know :nervous

yeah my medicine knowledge is really bad... I just want some leg injury so she has to stay n the ward for a week and has to miss out the concert... OTL

Offline nori

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #390 on: July 05, 2013, 12:55:34 AM »
Well a sprained ankle isn't typically an injury I would associate with having to spend a week in hospital even if you do make it worse by continuing to exercise. Now this is purely from personal experience but maybe you could have her sprain/twist her knee instead?

Like I said earlier I've played sports with a sprained ankle and been fine but I sprained my knee once. There was a small "pop" sound but it didn't hurt much and I would have continued playing but someone stopped me. In the end I was on crutches for 2 weeks so maybe if she continued to ignore that then she might have to spend time in a ward?

Offline sakura_drop_

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #391 on: July 05, 2013, 01:13:17 AM »
Well a sprained ankle isn't typically an injury I would associate with having to spend a week in hospital even if you do make it worse by continuing to exercise. Now this is purely from personal experience but maybe you could have her sprain/twist her knee instead?

Like I said earlier I've played sports with a sprained ankle and been fine but I sprained my knee once. There was a small "pop" sound but it didn't hurt much and I would have continued playing but someone stopped me. In the end I was on crutches for 2 weeks so maybe if she continued to ignore that then she might have to spend time in a ward?

that sounds awesome~!!! nori-chan!!!!  :deco:

Now I only need fr someone to write a short explanation stuff/example sentences from a professional doctor and then  could go on with the story

Offline nori

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #392 on: July 05, 2013, 01:34:30 AM »
Now I only need fr someone to write a short explanation stuff/example sentences from a professional doctor and then  could go on with the story

You mean like explaining what the injury is? Because a sprain is when you "stretch, twist or tear your ligament"

I think treatment for it would be to bandage the knee to avoid further swelling and try to keep elevated with a pillow or some kind of harness, though that might be a little exaggerated   XD

Also they might use ice or some sort of cool pack on the knee but that tends to be done within the first few days of the injury

As for the dialogue the doctor would probably be honest and simply explain the injury and the treatment they are going to use.

Ah but then again this is still just personal experience and a small bit of research, not exactly medical genius  :nervous

Offline sakura_drop_

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #393 on: July 05, 2013, 01:39:21 AM »
*in frustration*

I have work tomorrow morning (in 6hrs) and I have lots of plot bunnies in my head BUT !!!!! The medical stuff is not my ally!! MUri muri muri!!!

I'll wait for seigus-san, kira-chan or other medical people to help me (maybe though PMs). Nori-san, you helped me a lot and really thank you!!  :bow:

P.S. Out of the topic but even though skinny, Juju is just so hot.... Such a jailbait she is... Noticed your signature gif~  XD :nervous

Offline sakura_drop_

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #394 on: July 05, 2013, 02:02:32 AM »
I had the unfortunate pleasure of having knee surgery last year, so I can help you out with some terminology and what not.  I could send you some example statements by PM within the next 24 (I'm a bit short on time at the moment).

However, it's not something that would require a stay in the hospital.  Some quality time on the couch, though, is definite.  You might want to consider altering the scene, like Girl B eavesdropping on Girl A's check-up appointment.

When I read your comment... Red plot bunny knocked a pink one out of its way  :nervous meaning I got an idea, but I'd be glad if you sent me what you have  :bow:

Offline Yuki88

• The Nocturnal Black Snow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • "Do you love me?"
« Reply #395 on: July 05, 2013, 11:28:01 AM »
Maybe you want to make it bone fracture instead? That'll require longer stay in the hospital haha ^^;
Anai Chihiro is my one and only.

"Are we nothing more than the captain and her vice captain?"

My random OS Idea Center || Hakata Legend (HKT48 drabble fics) || Virgin Love (A TomoYuki Fluff) -hiatus?-

Tumblr version of my fics archive: http://blacksnow88.tumblr.com/

Offline Seigus

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #396 on: July 07, 2013, 04:54:43 PM »
I'll wait for seigus-san, kira-chan or other medical people to help me (maybe though PMs).

Sorry, I'm kind of late to the party due to work and health issues. I couldn't walk straight, let alone form coherent thoughts. My world is still spinning slightly so forgive me if what I say doesn't make much sense :nervous

I am in no way a medical expert and I have never experienced a sprained ankle (call it lucky or just plain careful) so I'm just getting my information from Google as usual. After reading the comments above, it seems that you are looking for a way to explain the treatment to Girl A.

RICE
The RICE protocol is effective for most sports-related injuries. RICE stands for Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation.

Rest – avoid regular exercise and reduce your daily physical activity. Using crutches or a walking stick may help if you cannot put weight on your ankle or knee.
Ice – apply an ice pack to the affected area for 10–30 minutes. A bag of frozen peas, or similar, will work well. Wrap the ice pack in a towel to avoid it directly touching your skin and causing ice burn.
Compression – use elastic compression bandages to limit swelling.
Elevation – keep the injured leg, knee, arm, elbow or wrist raised above the level of the heart. This may also help to reduce swelling.
(Source: http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Sports-injuries/Pages/Treatment.aspx)

Another leg injury that you can consider is pulled hamstring. Check out this article for more info on pulled hamstring as a dance-related injury. If you really want Girl B to be hospitalised, try a Grade 3 pulled hamstring as it calls for surgery and will definitely put her out of commission for a few months (but I'm not sure if you want to go to that extent as her career will be affected). If not, a Grade 2 that requires 4-6 weeks to recover would suffice. The RICE protocol applies in this case as well. Here's a real account of a Grade 2 pulled hamstring: http://voices.yahoo.com/pulled-hamstring-muscle-rehab-recovery-injury-1704563.html

Story-wise, you can heighten the gravity of the situation by having the management entrust a new and complicated dance routine to Girl B. It could be a special dance intro for one of the songs just for the concert. That way, the pressure is greater on Girl B not to miss the performance and gives her more reason to argue with the doctor and Girl A (during the medical checkup as suggested by Hitobo). Girl B can begin with having a Grade 1 pulled hamstring that she keeps ignoring. However, it hampers her dancing ability and in her frustration and anxiousness to get the dance right one day, she overdoes it and suffers a Grade 2.

That's all I can think of. Hope it helps :)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 05:00:39 PM by seigus »

Offline Shinoki

• REVOLUTION
  • Member+
  • MONA
« Reply #397 on: July 17, 2013, 02:13:30 AM »
Bows... I have a question...
How many characters do you think is the max to put into a story...?

Since, I kind of want to add a few more into a story with already...
hrm... like 10 main characters and 6 minor characters...
It's kind of killing me because I want to add Kumi and Non in there...
along with Erena, Myao, and Rabutan for like... the loli trio(including mayu) plus Myao...
but i think it might be overboard...

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #398 on: July 17, 2013, 02:52:24 AM »
Bows... I have a question...
How many characters do you think is the max to put into a story...?

Since, I kind of want to add a few more into a story with already...
hrm... like 10 main characters and 6 minor characters...
It's kind of killing me because I want to add Kumi and Non in there...
along with Erena, Myao, and Rabutan for like... the loli trio(including mayu) plus Myao...
but i think it might be overboard...

I will always say as much as you feel like it.  As long as the personalities don't seem to blend that you cannot tell the difference between one or the other.  If you want to add a hundred, go for it.

Whatever you can handle is my best answer for this question :)
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Yuki88

• The Nocturnal Black Snow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • "Do you love me?"
« Reply #399 on: July 17, 2013, 09:12:41 AM »
I agree with kurosawa87, haha.

You can add as many as you want but how you will be able to develop all of them without forgetting the focus on the story is another question :3
Well, you can incorporate them as minor characters, or even just cameo haha.
Anai Chihiro is my one and only.

"Are we nothing more than the captain and her vice captain?"

My random OS Idea Center || Hakata Legend (HKT48 drabble fics) || Virgin Love (A TomoYuki Fluff) -hiatus?-

Tumblr version of my fics archive: http://blacksnow88.tumblr.com/

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Chisako Mikami - Here