JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Anita Mui - Dream Partner

Author Topic: The General AKB48 Fanfic Discussion Thread  (Read 333274 times)

Offline Shinoki

• REVOLUTION
  • Member+
  • MONA
Re: The General AKB48 Fanfic Discussion Thread
« Reply #400 on: July 17, 2013, 12:42:58 PM »
kurosawa87: hai! thanks, I was getting kind of worried over the story... I think I can handle that amount~
Yuki88: nod nod, true true~
both: Whew, luckily, I mostly jump around from the first person POVs of all the characters, so development might be a bit easier thanks!

Offline sakura_drop_

• サクゲキと読んでください | Sakugeki to yonde kudasai~ | Please call me "Sakugeki"
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • YukoRena(Geki) & AtsuYuu shipping all the way! ♥♥♥
« Reply #401 on: July 24, 2013, 10:41:36 AM »
Okay... I am not sure what to do and  how to react, so I came here for help.

Usually, when a person has an anti pairing, u respect his/her choice.

Usually, when u post your own thread with a rule, people would understand it's YOUR thread with YOUR rule.

Usually I am open to critique, be it positive or negative.

But recently I realized I have haters. They come out and bash my preferences, my threads,my work. The do not come and say criticism, they come oit and bash, trying to hurt.

I'd love all my haters to tell me one thing because I don't understand it.

What the hell? What have I done to you? Tell me openly.

Didn't we try to make this place open to creativity, aspiring writers and older veterans in the field? Didn't we agreed to make this place peaceful? Where all of it has gone?

Maybe I misunderstood some of u, but recently most of u misunderstood me.

Another question.

If I make a thread where I want to see a story with a pairing that is Jurina or Rena centered, no matter how popular it is, with the exception being RenAirin...is it wrong?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 10:51:43 AM by sakura_drop_ »
"人間みんな変態だから" - 古川愛李, SKE48 新高柳チームKII 「シアターの女神」千秋楽公演, 2014.04.18 <"Because all people are perverts." - Furukawa Airi, SKE48 New Takayanagi Team KII [Theater no Megami] Last Stage, 2014.04.18>

My Blog: J-Pop and K-Pop Abode   The list of my fics in JPH!P: My fics   Let's have fun here: Acchan48   My home and family: United Nations Society of Adorkable Writers

My KamiOshis: Yuuko-sama, Rena-sama  Oshimen: Yuihime Other favorites: Mirukii, Juri-tan, Ripopo

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #402 on: July 24, 2013, 11:02:02 AM »
^ to be honest, I wouldn't encourage an open thread like how you did yours (novel idea but the fighting is inevitable)

As for the making of the other thread, best thing was not to make it.  We love to help and make this area flourish but don't create enemies.

For me there are anti pairings I have dealt with and my best thing is either don't read it and don't write it.

This is just me being honest and respectful to you and other authors.  Haters gonna hate but the thing is to always be the better person in the situation
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Luffel

• (〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜
« Reply #403 on: July 24, 2013, 11:13:40 AM »
Okay... I am not sure what to do and  how to react, so I came here for help.

Usually, when u post your own thread with a rule, people would understand it's YOUR thread with YOUR rule.

Usually I am open to critique, be it positive or negative.

But recently I realized I have haters. They come out and bash my preferences, my threads,my work. The do not come and say criticism, they come oit and bash, trying to hurt.

Didn't we try to make this place open to creativity, aspiring writers and older veterans in the field? Didn't we agreed to make this place peaceful? Where all of it has gone?

Another question.

If I make a thread where I want to see a story with a pairing that is Jurina or Rena centered, no matter how popular it is, with the exception being RenAirin...is it wrong?
I hope you realize that I meant no personal insult to you at all. You can write fics about any pairing that you like, but asking others to post stories as well while excluding one specific pairing randomly left me with confusion to be honest, which I decided to voice by posting.
It however is and will remain your own personal choice whether you consider my doubts or not. It is your thread after all.

About being an anti:
You can't help it if you dislike a certain member or pairing. Fans however might be a bit sensitive if others get very vocal about their dislike (or even go as far as bashing their oshi). From my experience this leads easily to unnecessary conflicts and fandom wars, thus it sometimes might be smarter to not voice resentment towards specific members at all.

Again, I can only try to give an advice here, but I think its better for the fandom if fans don't call themselves an anti while spreading their dislike openly.  :(
Tumblr | Twitter

WMatsui Fanfics: Personal Nurse | Kataomoi At Last | Even If That Flower Were To Wither | Sweeter Than Pocky | 14 Days [26th Nov] | Season of Snow [10th Dec]

Offline sakura_drop_

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #404 on: July 24, 2013, 11:15:35 AM »
^ to be honest, I wouldn't encourage an open thread like how you did yours (novel idea but the fighting is inevitable)

As for the making of the other thread, best thing was not to make it.  We love to help and make this area flourish but don't create enemies.

For me there are anti pairings I have dealt with and my best thing is either don't read it and don't write it.

This is just me being honest and respectful to you and other authors.  Haters gonna hate but the thing is to always be the better person in the situation

That why I do not reply to them personally.

If I dun like something I dun go there and dun bash. I ignore it and let it be. I know there are people on my side and I have a friend who is  RenAirin shipper but doesn't bash me and we get along well.

Thank u for your honesty :bow:

I always apreciate your opinion ;)
"人間みんな変態だから" - 古川愛李, SKE48 新高柳チームKII 「シアターの女神」千秋楽公演, 2014.04.18 <"Because all people are perverts." - Furukawa Airi, SKE48 New Takayanagi Team KII [Theater no Megami] Last Stage, 2014.04.18>

My Blog: J-Pop and K-Pop Abode   The list of my fics in JPH!P: My fics   Let's have fun here: Acchan48   My home and family: United Nations Society of Adorkable Writers

My KamiOshis: Yuuko-sama, Rena-sama  Oshimen: Yuihime Other favorites: Mirukii, Juri-tan, Ripopo

Offline sakura_drop_

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #405 on: July 24, 2013, 11:21:49 AM »
there are a lot of people I know that have voiced their antis but no one bashed them. Also, I do not press people to go to my thread and post there or read it. It's their choice.

I love Airin a lot, she's in my top 10 of 48family members so dun think I hate her.

And there is only one person, whose RenAirin I can read and enjoy, Tako-san from AKBlasphemy48 who was a member here but left for understandable reasons
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 11:55:50 AM by sakura_drop_ »

Offline Seigus

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #406 on: July 24, 2013, 03:58:06 PM »
sakura_drop_:

Another question.

You are right to say people should respect your preferences and it is also fine to create your own rules in your thread as long as they don't go against the forum's rules.

I took a look at the thread in question. From a third party's POV, I do not see any post that seems like it was written by a hater. A hater bashes another person unreasonably. I suggest that you go over the posts in your thread again with this understanding in mind. Is there really unreasonable hate among the posts?

If I'm not wrong, you created the thread to encourage other users to write one-shots featuring Jurina x Someone or Rena x Someone with the exception of Rena x Airin. However, this is only my impression based on the thread title and the current posts in it. There was no explanation given in the first post so naturally, other users might be confused about the purpose of the thread.

Luffel is probably worried about the thread becoming a gathering place for anti-RenAirin shippers which may lead to RenAirin bashing in the future (and that's something we definitely don't want in this forum); that's why s/he voiced his/her concern. Again, let me stress that it is fine to have your own rules for your thread but it'd be helpful to explain those rules as you are inviting others to partipate in it. You may state no RenAirin in your rules but leave out the caps and the exclamation mark so that it seems more amicable. This is a community where many different types of fans/shippers come together so being a little more tactful with our words (and word formatting) can help minimise misunderstandings.

Also, when you set rules such as excluding a certain pairing, be prepared to see fans of that pairing voicing their disappointment. However, do keep in mind that expressing disappointment does not amount to hating you. I appreciate your efforts in trying to encourage others to write but when you create an open thread, you must be prepared to accept such reactions.

To all other writers and readers:

While I've said the above to sakura_drop_, the rest of us should also be sensitive to our fellow writers. If a thread does not contain stories of your favourite pairings, just leave it and move on to minimise chances of conflicts. There are other writers who write about the pairings you love so head over to their threads to support them. If you really admire a particular writer's writing and are dying to read a story about your OTP written by him/her, you may PM the writer your request. But if the writer rejects the idea, just let it go and respect his/her decision.

Offline kevinwkl

• Honmayan!~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Acchan 4eva~ <3
« Reply #407 on: July 25, 2013, 02:12:10 PM »
Erm... I have a question to ask.. I made a poll in my thread and i put the date line..

After the dead line, I can't seem to delete it or change it anymore..

Nobody is able to vote because the date line has passed

So, if i want to make another poll, what should i do?

Anybody? :bow: :bow:

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #408 on: July 26, 2013, 12:26:03 AM »
^ Fixed it for you, hope it is okay, let me know otherwise  :jphip:
(I've left the deadline blank so the poll runs forever)

Chihiro

Offline AshuraX

• AtsuYuu Kingdom's
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Every Sathday is AtsuYuu day!
« Reply #409 on: August 04, 2013, 08:09:33 PM »
Greetings~ I'm a new kid here and since I'm not really that good at writing, can I ask a question?

Usually when I write, type, or something like that XD. I have this aching feeling. It's that I'm too biased to my oshii XD
I made her a little too OP, dominant, too much screen time etc etc, which doesn't fit her image at all (Ashura's Kami-oshi is Acchan and she's a hard S as we all know but that's not the point). I was thinking if that's really good for the readers? I mean, they're also reading for other main characters. Like there's a point where they're reading something they really like like their OTP moments and such, then it ends there, switching to other girls, which makes it look like I'm half-assing the other pairs' moments.
Okay, let me summarize it.
Is it okay to have the secondary character make a deeper impression on the readers than the main character? And what should I do to make it all equal?

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #410 on: August 04, 2013, 09:11:10 PM »
^ it's your child and you choose to make it that way.  That is the best way I put it.

If you want another pair to shine, you can do so.  And to the brutal part, if they didn't like it in the first place they probably didn't read it anyway.

With yours I know what you want to push but the bias always comes no matter what :)
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline LoyalFlutist

• clinical scientist
  • Member+
  • DRG @ Sargatanas (FFXIV)
    • animeminafans
« Reply #411 on: August 05, 2013, 02:20:02 AM »
Hello AshuraX-san! :wave:

I can understand why you have worries and concern in regards to secondary characters taking in more spotlight and screen time than the main characters themselves. Hm... It's somewhat difficult to describe how to make them more even, but I should use an example from one of my fictions, "Wandering Ship."

In order to make it equal (or almost equal... It's tough dealing with multiple characters and OTPs that you could count with possibly more than two hands together), I decided to break the story into two types of chapters/sections. There's one type of chapter where almost all of the characters are put into action. I try to keep in mind who is appropriate in the scene (as for example, Kimoto Kanon in my story is not the type of person to fight in battles, so to recklessly throw her into a huge group of thugs and emerge both victorious and unscathed is ridiculous. So easily Kanon will NOT be in any fight scene unless otherwise stated) and trying to make sure that each of them deserve equal screen time. I usually view my scenario like a mini movie flick or some sort of TV show in my head. Imagine each and every character as though they have a specific role that they must play out. Think about how the screen shows the scenario to the viewers. Same thing with fictions. I'm sure that the readers themselves and even you yourself will question multiple times to where in the world is Kuromochi Asuka after she dived into the water to save a fellow member of the crew within Takahashi Minami's viewpoint if her role isn't played/written out well. Last thing we want is to completely forget about her and focus only on Takamina, especially after the scene!

Now I'll also want to add that even if the character is done with their targeted goal/finish with their role, don't ever... EVER throw them out the window from your plot and pretend they never existed. Some fictions I've read forgot all about a certain character once the series had concluded. At least state the aftermath of what happened to them and reduce them down to minor roles so others can get a chance to shine. They're there in your story for a reason. 

Second type of chapter is to focus on certain pairings/characters. It'll give me a chance to work on each and every pairing/character without having to worry who has the biggest major role and vice versa. Most of the casts in my stories will be given a chance in the spotlight as MC. Not to mention it's a great way to be able to develop relationship and bonds with the characters. Which is why there are pairing arcs with that story. No need to worry if your characters/pairings are overriding others! :)

I might be just ranting, but that's usually how I deal with fictions that have multiple pairings. But... I can't really say much since I personally think Wandering Ship is getting a little rocky with their new chapters. :sweatdrop: And... my other stories mainly focus on either one or two pairings only, so yeah. :doh: Overall though, try to at least shine the spotlight on other characters at least. Don't just always focus 24/7 on one character/pairing. Revisit the main character(s) constantly since they are given that main role for a good reason. As long as you keep that in mind, then you should have no trouble with keeping at least some stable equality among the cast.

Now for the secondary characters to have a much deeper impression on the readers than the main characters? That's completely fine. Not everyone is going to like the main character and who they are/what role they play. :)

Ah, I hope I helped you even if it's a little bit. Sorry if I wasn't able to help. :bow:

"You'll come to treasure these scars."

HIATUS: The Virus | How Far Are You Prepared To Go? | Sanity | Hidden Truth | Disappearance (Season 2) *Tumblr-only* | Vengeance
ACTIVE: Majisuka Gakuen OS | OS | Idol Royale
REMAKE: Disappearance S1 | Wandering Ship | Hidden Truth
COLLABORATIONS: Phantom Pain w/Llyloo

Twitter: https://twitter.com/animeminafans | AO3: https://archiveofourown.org/users/KazueEmiko/pseuds/KazueEmiko | Discord Server: https://discord.gg/ZAfq3QtEwA

Zine Projects: Our Future Days (The Last of Us) [Pre-order TBA] | IDOLIZED! (Love Live!) [Pre-order - Digital] | Eizineken! (Eizouken Ni Wa) [Packaging] | Tales from the Animal Forest (Animal Crossing) [Pre-order TBA] | Amor Fati (Fate/Grand Order) [Creation Period]

Offline AshuraX

• AtsuYuu Kingdom's
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Every Sathday is AtsuYuu day!
« Reply #412 on: August 05, 2013, 02:26:44 PM »
kuro, so basically we should do whatever the hell we want, right? The irony is the guitar is my wife and the fic is my child. Whoa what a life XD

Flutist, I never read your fic since I'm not much of those action-packed genre fan but I kinda get what you're trying to say. Basically, I could give them even screentimes by using arcs, chapters etc? And to not cut out a scenario just like that? As for forgetting the secondary characters, well, it's a habit of mine XD but hey, an epilogue that shows how the characters are doing is a good idea... And I think how I'm writing Acchan is making others hate her O.O''

Offline LoyalFlutist

• clinical scientist
  • Member+
    • animeminafans
« Reply #413 on: August 05, 2013, 04:15:54 PM »
Flutist, I never read your fic since I'm not much of those action-packed genre fan but I kinda get what you're trying to say. Basically, I could give them even screentimes by using arcs, chapters etc? And to not cut out a scenario just like that? As for forgetting the secondary characters, well, it's a habit of mine XD but hey, an epilogue that shows how the characters are doing is a good idea... And I think how I'm writing Acchan is making others hate her O.O''

You could if you want. It depends on how you want to organize your story. I'm sure there are other ways to make your story evenly give your cast screentime without having to make any sort of arcs, etc. just as long as you feel a certain character isn't hogging all of the attention to herself/himself. That's just how I organize and work with my story. :) And it's best not to in my personal opinion unless you have a certain good reason to cut out a specific scenario. (Raising tension, leaving clues/hints behind, foreshadowing events) Just as long as we know what happens with that scene afterward.

Definitely. Simply reduce their roles down to a minimum so you won't have to write too much of them and revisit them when the conclusion and afterward rolls around the corner. :)

I don't know how you got that idea, but I'm sure others don't hate the way you write her! The way we write our characters is based on what we think and how we think they'll act in a situation. Personality and attitude is all up to the author! :) Some individuals might see Acchan as a hyperactive talkative girl that likes to bother and spring perverted statements with everyone as others see her as a serious, but silent person that rarely would crack out jokes even to her closest friend. There's no right way to write a character, especially when it's about idols! XD

HIATUS: The Virus | How Far Are You Prepared To Go? | Sanity | Hidden Truth | Disappearance (Season 2) *Tumblr-only* | Vengeance

Twitter: https://twitter.com/animeminafans | AO3: https://archiveofourown.org/users/KazueEmiko/pseuds/KazueEmiko | Discord Server: https://discord.gg/ZAfq3QtEwA

Zine Projects: Our Future Days (The Last of Us) [Pre-order TBA] | IDOLIZED! (Love Live!) [Pre-order - Digital] | Eizineken! (Eizouken Ni Wa) [Packaging] | Tales from the Animal Forest (Animal Crossing) [Pre-order TBA] | Amor Fati (Fate/Grand Order) [Creation Period]

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #414 on: August 05, 2013, 06:12:02 PM »
@ashura

Simply it is that.  Many like shipping OTP and others tend to be open to their character's pairings.  So enabling control is all up to you and no one else. 
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Sieka

• YukiRena, SayaMilky & AnniNaga Banzai ( ・ω ・ )
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ~All hail Gekikara, Milky & Annin~
« Reply #415 on: August 10, 2013, 10:26:58 AM »
Been a while since I'm around and so much comments around here...hmm, hmm.

@AshuraX

I personally think that nothing is wrong with letting the secondary character give a deeper impression. I think no matter how big or small a person's role is, they will always have an impression, and no matter how big or small it is, it will always leave an imprint that people can remember them by placing a word or description about them. What I'm trying to say is, all characters are fundamentally and equally important in the story as you use them, you give them character, they affect your plot and they move it forward, that itself already gives impression because they contribute something, ignoring that means you aren't that much aware of their significant importance, mah, not like all people value secondary/side characters.

Characterization is nothing important in fics, what you want their character to be, its up to you and your plot so you can tweak their personalities in whatever way you want and no one would really mind it because in the end they will always like a fic that has a story/plot and a good foundation.

Did I sound a bit rude there? If so, forgive me about that.
[ Author Profile | Tumblr ]
~I also ship NMB48's SayaMilky~
~From MG3, I wave the AnniNaga shipping flag~
~Shipping hard BlackGeki, and the princess pairing, YukiRena~

Fanfics:
[ Divine Intervention || The Beauty of Love || Sieka's Collections ]
[ This Distance Between Us || (Collab) Let Love Bleed Red ]
[ Memories of the Heart ]

Status: Semi-hiatus, Semi-I-don't-know-if-want-to-come-back-now

Offline LoyalFlutist

• clinical scientist
  • Member+
    • animeminafans
« Reply #416 on: August 10, 2013, 09:31:37 PM »
I'm not sure if this question has been asked previously, but if it has been, then I'm going to question it again. :sweatdrop:

For writers out there, what kind of genre do you tend to put down on your stories? Do you like writing romantic comedy or more on an angst side? And for readers, what's your preference? Do you like reading touching scenes or something that makes you laugh?

Personally I have a deep fondness for writing angst and fluff is something that I struggle with. It might be because I feel comfortable writing from my experiences and express my emotions whether it's happy or sad. :nervous But on the other hand, I like to read something more light-hearted and action-packed fictions! Maybe it's because I want to cancel out my dark writing persona or whatever. :doh: However, I like reading anything that catches my attention in general. :)

Offline Shinoki

• REVOLUTION
  • Member+
  • MONA
« Reply #417 on: August 11, 2013, 12:52:19 AM »
LoyalFLutist:
As a writer, I tend to write something yakuza related... with a bit of suspense, but a bit of comedy and randomness.. Truthfully, I like to write a RomCom-school life type of thing...(hasn't managed to write that yet... sob)

For me as a reader, I like reading touching scenes(but they leave me feeling awkward sometimes becuz that's where most ppl end their stories) and funny scenes(though it's better to fit into the character)... I have trouble with the 'OMG something really big just happened right there' scenes cuz they make me feel like exploding, but they're good~

Offline nori

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #418 on: August 11, 2013, 01:18:10 AM »
LoyalFlutist: As a writer I haven't really stuck to any theme in particular and I'm not actually sure about which style I prefer/do well at. I guess I'm just trying to try my hand at different things and see how I do.  :nervous

And as a reader I'm probably just as undecided, I seem to enjoy most genres funny or sad, as long as its well written and interesting I can be pretty cool with anything XD

Offline Llyloo

• Member+
« Reply #419 on: August 11, 2013, 04:25:28 AM »
For me you know it, as a writer I often... almost all the time... write sad en dark fic, with theme like dead, betrayal, and all. Because, hm, because I always loved to write that kind of dark atmosphere.

As a reader... Hm... I really love fic with much tension, the kind of fic that leave me breathless while I read. But I also love more... calm fic, and short gag story. At least, I just want to be really touched by a writing.

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Anita Mui - Dream Partner