JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Yaida Hitomi - Kanojo no Riyuu

Author Topic: The General AKB48 Fanfic Discussion Thread  (Read 333163 times)

Offline Seigus

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: The General AKB48 Fanfic Discussion Thread
« Reply #420 on: August 11, 2013, 09:28:42 AM »
For writers out there, what kind of genre do you tend to put down on your stories? Do you like writing romantic comedy or more on an angst side? And for readers, what's your preference? Do you like reading touching scenes or something that makes you laugh?

I'm guilty of overdosing on fluff in my stories :nervous Even if the overall story is dark with tragic moments, I still end up with a somewhat fluffy ending. I love my girls too much to torture them till the end :bleed eyes: Hence, I tend to write romance and dramedy with the occasional dark one-shot. That said, I am itching to venture out of my comfort zone and write something that doesn't have a happy ending. The urge is stronger recently after I watched a documentary on death and suicide.

As a reader, I don't have a strict preference for genres but I always find that it's easier to digest a story when it contains some moments of comic relief or fluff. If not, the overwhelming amount of serious business or angst weighs my heart down and I find it hard to stomach all the gloomy clouds. But when it's time to get emotional, I would like the writer to pull out all the stops to make the scene as tragic/toturous/touching as possible because I want to cry. I want to feel what the characters are feeling and break down with them and feel their despair or experience the burst of hope and love. Once the tears start rolling, I would know I've found a gem.

Offline Yuki88

• The Nocturnal Black Snow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • "Do you love me?"
« Reply #421 on: August 11, 2013, 03:00:14 PM »
@LoyalFlutist:
As a reader, I read whatever I find interesting, whatever the genre is. I do have a soft spot for angst so I love reading your stuffs, hehe.

As a writer, I'm guilty of writing anything light-hearted haha. I'm not really good at expressing myself  so most of my gloomy fics tend to be emotionally shallow ^^;
Anai Chihiro is my one and only.

"Are we nothing more than the captain and her vice captain?"

My random OS Idea Center || Hakata Legend (HKT48 drabble fics) || Virgin Love (A TomoYuki Fluff) -hiatus?-

Tumblr version of my fics archive: http://blacksnow88.tumblr.com/

Offline Sieka

• YukiRena, SayaMilky & AnniNaga Banzai ( ・ω ・ )
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ~All hail Gekikara, Milky & Annin~
« Reply #422 on: August 11, 2013, 04:36:41 PM »
@LoyalFlutist

Hmm, genres... I tend to be tied to angst and drama more than any other genre. I think, about 90% of my fics under those categories. Even if I try writing fluff or comedy, I'm far more comfortable with those two genres because I am able to give out better plots and my motivation to write is far more higher than when I do light stories.

I guess I like the ones that have tension, drama and that dark feel probably because my emotions are always everywhere and at the same time locked up and since I can't express them to other people, I place them in my fics because I can express everything that I can't and everything that I had felt before. I also have the tendency to crave for angst and drama fics because I can feel some relation and it feels far more close to reality than with those light-hearted fluffy fics, not that I don't read them, I like them too, but I'm far more detached when it comes to happiness in some areas.

Also, I find angst and drama fanfics leave more impression to me, they are far more memorable than fluffy comedic fanfics because you can always see those light fics everywhere, but you can only see a great angst and dramatic fic once in a blue moon, so yeah, they are a rare prized treat to me.
[ Author Profile | Tumblr ]
~I also ship NMB48's SayaMilky~
~From MG3, I wave the AnniNaga shipping flag~
~Shipping hard BlackGeki, and the princess pairing, YukiRena~

Fanfics:
[ Divine Intervention || The Beauty of Love || Sieka's Collections ]
[ This Distance Between Us || (Collab) Let Love Bleed Red ]
[ Memories of the Heart ]

Status: Semi-hiatus, Semi-I-don't-know-if-want-to-come-back-now

Offline Seigus

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #423 on: August 11, 2013, 06:41:59 PM »
I guess I like the ones that have tension, drama and that dark feel probably because my emotions are always everywhere and at the same time locked up and since I can't express them to other people, I place them in my fics because I can express everything that I can't and everything that I had felt before. I also have the tendency to crave for angst and drama fics because I can feel some relation and it feels far more close to reality than with those light-hearted fluffy fics, not that I don't read them, I like them too, but I'm far more detached when it comes to happiness in some areas.

Interesting point you've brought up. Your response prompted me to reflect on my own emotional outlook. I realise I identify less with angst and more with light-hearted stories because that's how my life is. I avoid bottling up my emotions and I usually share my problems with people I trust. Dramedy is closer to reality for me because I banter, joke, and get into all sorts of random shenanigans with my friends - just like the characters in that genre of stories. Certainly, we all have our down moments and so do I but they don't last long because something or someone will come along and make things better. There was a period when I was constantly angsty but that was during my teenage years and I've moved on from it. Now, I prefer to indulge in activities that make me happy. That is probably why I am almost always in the mood for light-hearted stuff but I choose when I want to read dark fictions. I tend to store them aside till I'm mentally ready and have the time to soak in the feelings. I do that to also bring out the full potential of the writing because angst takes a longer time to digest and it's disrespectful to the writer if I rush through it and miss the emotions s/he is trying to convey.

Also, I find angst and drama fanfics leave more impression to me, they are far more memorable than fluffy comedic fanfics because you can always see those light fics everywhere, but you can only see a great angst and dramatic fic once in a blue moon, so yeah, they are a rare prized treat to me.

With all due respect, I beg to differ on this point. I agree that there are generally more light-hearted comedic fics around but it is not easy to come across one that is truly well-executed (especially since the characters have a tendency to go OOC in them); just like how it is rare to find a great angst fic that tugs at the heartstrings. Whether a story is memorable or not, it mainly boils down to how the writer delivers it instead of the genre it belongs to. Several light-hearted fics have left deep impressions on me because of the writers' writing style and skill. Anyway, this is just my personal opinion too so no hard feelings :)

Offline LoyalFlutist

• clinical scientist
  • Member+
  • DRG @ Sargatanas (FFXIV)
    • animeminafans
« Reply #424 on: August 11, 2013, 08:36:15 PM »
I guess I like the ones that have tension, drama and that dark feel probably because my emotions are always everywhere and at the same time locked up and since I can't express them to other people, I place them in my fics because I can express everything that I can't and everything that I had felt before.

I actually use to be like this. (Or maybe I still am? :sweatdrop:) When I first started writing my fictions, it's an easy way for me to vent my emotions out and stick them in a story. Maybe it's because I'm bad with my words, unable to explain to others how I actually feel without making it sound like a muddle mess. Not to mention at the time being, I didn't have any sort of support as I have heavy road bumps in the road of my life. Almost all of my fictions when I started writing in this fandom at least included some sort of death or painful experience from the main character herself/himself. :doh:

But over time, though my fictions may still be dark and angsty for the most part, I found ways to cope with my emotions and am more free to experience happiness and control them. And even if I feel down, I know that there are options to clear up my head and keep myself busy from doing anything rash. :) Thus my stories right now are a bit easier to read without worries for the most part that someone is going to die or suffer forever and ever till the end of time. I feel like I'm gonna die internally if I killed someone off! (which... might end up losing tension for my stories if my readers keep this thought in their head) XD

"You'll come to treasure these scars."

HIATUS: The Virus | How Far Are You Prepared To Go? | Sanity | Hidden Truth | Disappearance (Season 2) *Tumblr-only* | Vengeance
ACTIVE: Majisuka Gakuen OS | OS | Idol Royale
REMAKE: Disappearance S1 | Wandering Ship | Hidden Truth
COLLABORATIONS: Phantom Pain w/Llyloo

Twitter: https://twitter.com/animeminafans | AO3: https://archiveofourown.org/users/KazueEmiko/pseuds/KazueEmiko | Discord Server: https://discord.gg/ZAfq3QtEwA

Zine Projects: Our Future Days (The Last of Us) [Pre-order TBA] | IDOLIZED! (Love Live!) [Pre-order - Digital] | Eizineken! (Eizouken Ni Wa) [Packaging] | Tales from the Animal Forest (Animal Crossing) [Pre-order TBA] | Amor Fati (Fate/Grand Order) [Creation Period]

Offline Sieka

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #425 on: August 12, 2013, 12:34:20 PM »
With all due respect, I beg to differ on this point. I agree that there are generally more light-hearted comedic fics around but it is not easy to come across one that is truly well-executed (especially since the characters have a tendency to go OOC in them); just like how it is rare to find a great angst fic that tugs at the heartstrings. Whether a story is memorable or not, it mainly boils down to how the writer delivers it instead of the genre it belongs to. Several light-hearted fics have left deep impressions on me because of the writers' writing style and skill. Anyway, this is just my personal opinion too so no hard feelings :)

I do agree that light-hearted fics can also leave deep impressions, but that is a rare gem. I mean, you really need a good execution and the plot to make it happen. I haven't really seen a lot of light-hearted fics that gave me a long lasting impression so I lean more on the drama and angst side. I don't take offense in that since we all have our favorites and opinions.

Oh right, don't get me wrong when I said "I'm far more detached when it comes to happiness in some areas.", I'm just clueless on some parts but I'm not rejecting happiness. Honestly, since I see happiness as a temporary feeling, the height of excitement and fun or calmness those light-hearted fics give is as temporary as happiness can be. I'm overall a pessimistic person and I'm not gonna take that down so I place that negativity in my fics, that doesn't mean that I myself am leaning to being a suicidal person. I just love those two genre because it's close to reality from what I see and feel and I want to share the feeling with people who can relate. Whether anyone reads my fics, it's up to them, I couldn't careless if no one ever read them at all, I've learned the hard way of getting nothing back at all. :9

I also think...light-hearted fics are too common that it's too sugary-sweet and awfully detached to some parts of reality, sometimes you need some sourness and salt. Not everyone wants to write drama and angst since it's just stressful enough to write about those emotions, but hell, too much light fics is kind of like an equation to reading fairy tales where those happy endings always end up making you hope until they deceive you when you face reality. Oh childhood days...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm aware that everyone here knows reality, so you don't need to tell me about that, I am aware, that's just my opinion and this is me slightly high from too much projects. 8)

Fanfics:

Offline sakura_drop_

• サクゲキと読んでください | Sakugeki to yonde kudasai~ | Please call me "Sakugeki"
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • YukoRena(Geki) & AtsuYuu shipping all the way! ♥♥♥
« Reply #426 on: August 12, 2013, 01:07:04 PM »
I do agree that light-hearted fics can also leave deep impressions, but that is a rare gem. I mean, you really need a good execution and the plot to make it happen. I haven't really seen a lot of light-hearted fics that gave me a long lasting impression so I lean more on the drama and angst side. I don't take offense in that since we all have our favorites and opinions.

Oh right, don't get me wrong when I said "I'm far more detached when it comes to happiness in some areas.", I'm just clueless on some parts but I'm not rejecting happiness. Honestly, since I see happiness as a temporary feeling, the height of excitement and fun or calmness those light-hearted fics give is as temporary as happiness can be. I'm overall a pessimistic person and I'm not gonna take that down so I place that negativity in my fics, that doesn't mean that I myself am leaning to being a suicidal person. I just love those two genre because it's close to reality from what I see and feel and I want to share the feeling with people who can relate. Whether anyone reads my fics, it's up to them, I couldn't careless if no one ever read them at all, I've learned the hard way of getting nothing back at all. :9

I also think...light-hearted fics are too common that it's too sugary-sweet and awfully detached to some parts of reality, sometimes you need some sourness and salt. Not everyone wants to write drama and angst since it's just stressful enough to write about those emotions, but hell, too much light fics is kind of like an equation to reading fairy tales where those happy endings always end up making you hope until they deceive you when you face reality. Oh childhood days...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm aware that everyone here knows reality, so you don't need to tell me about that, I am aware, that's just my opinion and this is me slightly high from too much projects. 8)

With all respect that I have to you I can't just keep quiet and have to kind of add my own thoughts on this matter...

See, I know that reading angst and drama makes you come closer to reality and that many fluffy fics are far away from what happens in real life, but... Isn't it usually what we people do when we come to read fics? I have a life which is not something to be jealous of and I've seen many black days (as we now know you did too, and probably many of us who write here can be added to that category). I want to run away from it, even if just for ten minutes, half an hour or one hour... When I read those lighthearted fics I tend to forget my problems and bad negative emotions at least for awhile and I kind of calm down when I am really mad or angry. Maybe it is not like that for all people and I don't say that it should definitely happen to you but...

Why not change the perspective and look at it a bit more lightly? Not everything is about totally serious and sometimes one just has to let go and have fun. Reality is harsh enough so I try to write light fics - even if some of them are fails, I dun really mind - so to make myself feel lighter...

But as you already know, reading GOOD angst makes my day also, so I get what you mean by your thoughts...

And still, looking down on those light fics is not an option, because it helps you laugh and smile when all you want is run away, hide or sometimes even die...

I really agree though, that sometimes too fluffy or too easy going stories make you whimsical, especially with those easy-to-guess-the-whole-plot stories... That is why we have a wide variety of writers here and we can easily chose, it's our own choice in the end, nee?  :)
"人間みんな変態だから" - 古川愛李, SKE48 新高柳チームKII 「シアターの女神」千秋楽公演, 2014.04.18 <"Because all people are perverts." - Furukawa Airi, SKE48 New Takayanagi Team KII [Theater no Megami] Last Stage, 2014.04.18>

My Blog: J-Pop and K-Pop Abode   The list of my fics in JPH!P: My fics   Let's have fun here: Acchan48   My home and family: United Nations Society of Adorkable Writers

My KamiOshis: Yuuko-sama, Rena-sama  Oshimen: Yuihime Other favorites: Mirukii, Juri-tan, Ripopo

Offline Seigus

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #427 on: August 12, 2013, 03:09:32 PM »
That is why we have a wide variety of writers here and we can easily chose, it's our own choice in the end, nee?  :)

You've nailed it. It's ultimately up to writers what genres they want to write and readers, what they want to read. I'm pretty sure Sieka wasn't "looking down" on light-hearted fics as she was just explaining her preference for angst/drama over fluff/comedy so let's be careful with our choice of words there to avoid misunderstandings :)

Why do we write? What drives us to write?
In this discussion, we've gone from simply stating the genres we enjoy to linking what we like to our personal life experiences. Some write to escape reality. Some write to embrace their reality. Some write to challenge their writing skills. Some write for fame. Some write for all these reasons (and probably more) depending on their current state of affairs. Nothing is set in stone. Our reasons for writing may change anytime.

Similarly, we read for different reasons. Some read for a quick perk-me-up. Some read in search of emotions they can identify with. Some read for their OTP. The list can go on forever.

It's great to know where fellow writers/readers are coming from so nice sharing, everyone! With this, I'm sure that we've gained more understanding of one another and perhaps we can appreciate the effort put into each writer's writing just a little bit more :deco: Keep it up, guys! And of course, keep the passion for writing alive no matter where you are :rock:

Offline AshuraX

• AtsuYuu Kingdom's
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Every Sathday is AtsuYuu day!
« Reply #428 on: August 13, 2013, 09:54:08 PM »
... Ah, is there any way for us to stick with one mood? Like when I'm trying to write a dramatic murder scene, (yeah. It's a new fic I'm planning) I would usually, if not always, try to make it erotic, romantic, funny and so on. Is there any way for me to just make serious moments... well... serious?

Offline Shinoki

• REVOLUTION
  • Member+
  • MONA
« Reply #429 on: August 13, 2013, 10:22:41 PM »
Well, I'm bad at making serious scenes...
but the main reason is because I tend to add a lot of random details and random facts...
(not sure about your writing style) Maybe if you put in less some what unrelated details in?
Or maybe, leave the random stuff in the dialogue...

Or maybe spend time describing the setting... the looks on the character's faces and etc?

Dunno if this was helpful... (it's probably totally not helpful at all)

Offline Sieka

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #430 on: August 14, 2013, 01:37:58 PM »
I'm pretty sure Sieka wasn't "looking down" on light-hearted fics as she was just explaining her preference for angst/drama over fluff/comedy so let's be careful with our choice of words there to avoid misunderstandings :)

You nailed that one right, seigus-san. As expected. You are really keen. :thumbsup

And still, looking down on those light fics is not an option, because it helps you laugh and smile when all you want is run away, hide or sometimes even die...

I've never said anything about looking down on it, I just explained why I prefer angst and drama over light-hearted fics in a way that justifies my choice. If I implied that I looked down at it, I'd be a hypocrite since I do enjoy reading light-hearted fics, which I am not. :lol: Besides, looking down and explaining + being opinionated is different from each other.

I don't need to be told too because I know what I need to do, I just like to see reality as bitter as it is than being hopeful for something that can never be because too much happiness can kill you. Throw off the balance of despair and happiness and everything is off the scale. Besides, there's a thing that while one person is despairing, one person is receiving happiness, and vice-versa---all the while being blind to it. I don't want to be like those people who only see the world as bliss and joy and I don't want an escape because it means I'm running away from the problem.

Anyhow, we can say that those who also write in this genre also experience pain, yes it's a given, so what's my point? I just prefer those two genres because I can feel and associate more, I feel like I can connect in a way and that's my choice, it shows and makes me feel reality. I never said anything about looking down at it, I just prefer to read them over the others, but I don't dislike them and I don't hate them, don't put words into my mouth, it's kind of rude since I did not force my opinion, I just expressed it. :sweatdrop:

And please don't get me wrong, I am not picking up a fight, I'm defending myself over an accusation, although its small and I can shrug it off, better say something than nothing. I did just said that it is my opinion. It's just a taste and preference. If saying my opinion about my preference is bad then what's a good discussion? Not like I was arguing and forcing someone my thoughts. ('___';;; )

@AshuraX
As Shinoki have said, spend time describing the settling or how the characters feel and what they think and if you want it serious, be sure that the scene that you have is serious. You should also not add random stuff that does not give addition to the feeling of seriousness or depth in the scene, a slight disruption would do though because it also keeps some form of entertainment, depending on how you use them.

For an example let's say we assume of a scene where the character is trying to piece in together their feelings and thoughts. Describing the setting, thoughts and emotions can keep the scene "serious" because you have the elements together in the scene. Putting in words that best describe the scene or the feel might help.

Disruptions of the flow of the seriousness can also give a nice impact, especially if you place afterwards an unexpected and serious scene afterwards, a cliche example would be the character resolving their inner conflicts and becoming determined about their choices, only to get plunge back into a heavy scene in the form of an accident or third wheel.

Over all, just keep the setting, thoughts and emotions related to your plot. If its erotic, describe an erotic atmosphere, thought and emotion and it goes on if its angst, drama, fluff, etc. Its kind of hard to explain it so I don't know if its understandable....

Fanfics:

Offline AshuraX

• AtsuYuu Kingdom's
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #431 on: August 14, 2013, 02:52:19 PM »
Shinoki, don't jinx yourself XD I don't know about my writing style since I only usually write whatever the hell I think about. Like when I'm making a serious scene... like... For example Mii-chan pushed Takamina to the ground as revenge for her fallen lover Sasshi who Takamina killed years ago, I tend to think about unimportant details... Like right now I'm thinking to write [but as we all know, who cares about Sasshi?!]. Damn. I need proofreading.

Sieka, so I have to check it all again so that the atmosphere didn't go away? Or is it just to emphasize on scenes?

Offline Sieka

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #432 on: August 14, 2013, 03:38:28 PM »
@AshuraX
Using thoughts, emotions and the setting emphasizes the scene and the scene can reflect the atmosphere. You can or can't take out one of the three, it depends on how you write and what your approach on the style is.

For example: (I'm writing this in impromptu so forgive me for the quality.)

---

Yuki's POV:

I stared at the porcelain white ceiling, my eyes unable to wander beyond that white pureness. It reminds me of her and the innocence that I have not seen in anyone else, and just seeing her makes my heart throb and clutch in pain as if a reminder to a simple fact that standing by her side would likely endanger her due to me being her friend.

I tossed to my side, trying to find a comfortable place to settle. My thoughts kept on running around in an attempt to disrupt the peace I so longingly want to embrace. I already know that I can never truly hold a position next to her side because of the kind of person I am. I am a human being unworthy for everything that she is and everything that I can never be, yet...I find it that I can't draw away from her, it is as if she is a beautiful rose enticing me to pluck her off the stem.

---

>Note that I didn't really give that much emphasis on the setting, that's okay too, I gave more emphasis on the thoughts and emotions while being aware of the subject that I want the scene to hold onto, that is "A pure person that Yuki is thinking about". I kept the subject until the end and I never strayed out of it as I wrote sentences and described about the situation. Even though I created another paragraph, let's say, I still kept some similarities on the way I wrote it to the first paragraph, thus, the mood did not shift as it still has that negative atmosphere.

You should also keep note that you need to know what emotion it is you are going to focus on so that you won't stray away from the mood, that's why we have genres, if you want romance and comedy, keep it sweet, romantic and funny, don't stray off and dash to drama and angst in one big leap without doing some build up as it will give the most awkward and improper transition since it would come off as something really out of place, unless you made some foreshadowing or slight build ups here and some implications, OR if it's just some kind of explainable twist, that would work depending on how you wrote and executed it.

Doing some comparisons and contrasts to a subject also does some good in building up the mood/impression.

I really can't explain some parts because...well, I just find it hard to explain how you keep a mood because it's just natural to keep the mood due to your subject and genre...

Fanfics:

Offline imteedee

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #433 on: August 22, 2013, 09:30:30 PM »
For example Mii-chan pushed Takamina to the ground as revenge for her fallen lover Sasshi who Takamina killed years ago, I tend to think about unimportant details... Like right now I'm thinking to write [but as we all know, who cares about Sasshi?!]. Damn. I need proofreading.

Sasshi thing made my day  XD I think I'm also having this kind of problem, your responses guys are trully helpful! Thank you guys  :) Another thing I noticed... I tried to review my writing as if "I'm not the writer" and somehow It helped me.

lol I think it's just me, sorry for bothering  XD
my hat is off. saluting.

Offline AshuraX

• AtsuYuu Kingdom's
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #434 on: August 23, 2013, 05:45:24 AM »
Sorry for the late reply, but Sieka's advice is really what I needed XD

It wasn't the emphasis but the part at the end, I just realized it. I forgot to follow-up dramatic scenes and building the suspense, thrills, steps and such. I just realized it after reading that bout days ago XD
Thanks, man. It helps a lot! OwOb

Offline Shinoki

• REVOLUTION
  • Member+
  • MONA
« Reply #435 on: August 24, 2013, 08:44:55 PM »
This isn't really a question about writing, but at the same time, it is...

How do you stay on task and write?

I have a tendency to have a good amount of ideas, but then, for no reason, go off to rewatch an anime that I'm not too interested in or rewatch something weird(Mousou Deka, etc.)... And then, due to the fact that I waste a lot of time(boredom), the quality of my work actually drops quite a lot. (Which is bad.)
So I'm wondering how do you guys (girls and boys) stay on task when writing??

Offline Yuki88

• The Nocturnal Black Snow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • "Do you love me?"
« Reply #436 on: August 24, 2013, 09:17:39 PM »
Trust me, I don't sit in front of my laptop staring at the screen just to get my fics done. I'm extremely mood swingy person and just let the ideas out when it has to out, unfortunately, those ideas usually come late at night..... almost morning, okay.

But then again, this is unlikely applicable to other people haha.
Anai Chihiro is my one and only.

"Are we nothing more than the captain and her vice captain?"

My random OS Idea Center || Hakata Legend (HKT48 drabble fics) || Virgin Love (A TomoYuki Fluff) -hiatus?-

Tumblr version of my fics archive: http://blacksnow88.tumblr.com/

Offline imteedee

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #437 on: August 24, 2013, 09:57:21 PM »
I write only at times I feel inspired.  :yep: that's what I need  XD
my hat is off. saluting.

Offline melon-lover

• Coconuts and Watermelons
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #438 on: August 24, 2013, 11:54:06 PM »
@ Shinoki:
I also am easily distracted when I'm writing. Usually, when I'm in the mood of writing, I would suddenly watch an episode of Modern Family or whatever and then get back to it. Though writing fanfics is a hobby, it can feel like work sometimes, especially with on-going fics (which usually takes me a month to update a chapter  :nervous) and I too dont like to force myself to write. So I find when I am motivated, short breaks help to keep my mood going. I like to also have the tv or some quiet music in the background as I write because I don't really like to write in the quiet, unless I'm really in the zone.
Also, going between fics, if you are working on more than one story, tends to help as well as I can't keep writing one story for too long otherwise I get bored. Another tip is, if your one of those people that suddenly thinks of a good line or new idea like me, keep your smartphone ready or a pen and paper to jot it down.
And ONE more thing I do is reading novels, other people's fics and reading quotes because when I read a good story or an inspiring quote, it gets my motor running  :lol:

Offline kurumi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #439 on: August 25, 2013, 05:07:38 AM »
I've never participated in this thread before because I don't regard myself as a "real writer" (yet), but it's been enjoyable reading the various discussions, hence decided to join in the fun today.

Like Yuki88, I have a tendency to be hit by writing moods. Once it starts, I can sit down writing for hours in complete silence. (I can't concentrate with any sort of noise, not even the ticking sound of a clock.)

When I hit a wall, I usually head out for a 1-hour brisk walk (while listening to AKB48 music) - the embarrassing kind of walk where you look like a fool swinging your hands about. So far, this technique has been amazing. I come home feeling quite alive and rejuvenated. I started doing this half a year ago in order to cope with other frustrations, and have noticed that exercise does wonders for mood too (endorphins and whatnot). As an additional bonus, I've lost 15kg over the past 6 months.

Another thing I do to try and get back in focus is look at AKB48 photos and post them on The AKB48 Picture Forum if they aren't already there.

P.S. Wanted to add that looking at bikini photos of Yuko frequently was what motivated me to lose weight. Today, I shall be going for a 15km trek.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 05:23:01 AM by kurumi »

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Yaida Hitomi - Kanojo no Riyuu