JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Morning Musume - Mikan

Author Topic: The General AKB48 Fanfic Discussion Thread  (Read 333220 times)

Offline imteedee

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The General AKB48 Fanfic Discussion Thread
« Reply #540 on: November 29, 2013, 07:57:18 AM »
@Shinoki: ANY TIME, as long as it's quiet and when I say quiet it gotta be quiet both physical and virtual world.  :lol: Anyhow, the virtual part is merely impossible actually  XD

Probably 10PM up to almost like 3AM when everybody is asleep and not bugging me physically  :nervous
my hat is off. saluting.

Offline AshuraX

• AtsuYuu Kingdom's
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Every Sathday is AtsuYuu day!
« Reply #541 on: November 29, 2013, 08:05:10 AM »
Depends. I usually only write when I'm not tired. If I'm tired I'd just play some scenarios in my head and when I've got something, I open the laptop and write it. Usually like the person above, I write close to midnight when nobody's around. That's the usual time I get 'in the zone' since nobody's bothering me and I could stare at the friggin laptop for hours.

Offline LoyalFlutist

• clinical scientist
  • Member+
  • DRG @ Sargatanas (FFXIV)
    • animeminafans
« Reply #542 on: December 01, 2013, 11:23:20 PM »
But I'm curious~ in what situation do you write the most efficiently in?

Hm... It depends, once more with that lame answer, haha. :sweatdrop: I tend to write when I have some sort of inspiration hitting me whether from listening to some music to even talking to my friends casually. Especially when I'm always busy. It might just be me, but when I'm on break, it's difficult to type when there's really not much to do. I have to be active and have a sense of being under pressure before casually strolling over to my laptop/notebook and scribbling them down.

Another situation is when I read the outlines I have written for my story or previous chapters of the series that I have written. Though it's strange, it gives me a sense of reminder to why I need to finish it and will often times relieve fresh or old ideas to progressing the plot. :)

"You'll come to treasure these scars."

HIATUS: The Virus | How Far Are You Prepared To Go? | Sanity | Hidden Truth | Disappearance (Season 2) *Tumblr-only* | Vengeance
ACTIVE: Majisuka Gakuen OS | OS | Idol Royale
REMAKE: Disappearance S1 | Wandering Ship | Hidden Truth
COLLABORATIONS: Phantom Pain w/Llyloo

Twitter: https://twitter.com/animeminafans | AO3: https://archiveofourown.org/users/KazueEmiko/pseuds/KazueEmiko | Discord Server: https://discord.gg/ZAfq3QtEwA

Zine Projects: Our Future Days (The Last of Us) [Pre-order TBA] | IDOLIZED! (Love Live!) [Pre-order - Digital] | Eizineken! (Eizouken Ni Wa) [Packaging] | Tales from the Animal Forest (Animal Crossing) [Pre-order TBA] | Amor Fati (Fate/Grand Order) [Creation Period]

Offline AshuraX

• AtsuYuu Kingdom's
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #543 on: December 01, 2013, 11:29:28 PM »
see? That's why I said pressuring Flutist with all those crack ships helps!

Offline imteedee

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #544 on: December 01, 2013, 11:45:13 PM »
that's what I had in mind a few minutes earlier :V brace yourself LoyalFlutist!  XD
my hat is off. saluting.

Offline MaYukiIsLife

• Starting to become addicted to Keyakizaka46.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • If Neru's my sugar fix, Nen's my guilty pleasure
    • FuruyanagiOshi
    • taengoosone
« Reply #545 on: December 03, 2013, 08:11:12 PM »
 :deco: I have a MaYuki fanfic with other couples but IDK if I should put it up~ It's an AKB x Anime crossover~ Can you guys help me?  :rock: :peace: :thumbup

Offline Ruka Kikuchi

• Member+
  • Aspiring actress and writing for fun!
    • rukakikuchi
    • rukakikuchi
« Reply #546 on: December 03, 2013, 10:17:08 PM »
:deco: I have a MaYuki fanfic with other couples but IDK if I should put it up~ It's an AKB x Anime crossover~ Can you guys help me?  :rock: :peace: :thumbup

You go to the AKB fanfic thread, click the new topic button, and just type out and edit it there. Once you finished, click post, and your fanfic is officially on the site.

If you still need help with anything, just message me and I can help the best I can. :heart:

Good luck and welcome to the thread! :welcome
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:heart: l Completed: Fire and Ice l Black Chocolate l My eternal blue rose l Dishonored l The Black Rose l Fruits of a Rose l Remnants l :heart:
:heart: l Dropped: Tentomu chu l REBORN l Bite me l NMB Gakuen l YumeToki l Cafe 48 l :heart: l Hiatus/Indefinite: Samurai l Blood Bonds l Night Wind's Deed l PRISM l Time Travelers l :heart:
:heart: l Collab threads: Sky&Ruka l Ruka&Michael l :heart:
 l Compilation thread: 48G New Gen l :heart:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Offline imteedee

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #547 on: December 04, 2013, 05:24:37 AM »
I like your username MaYukiIsLife we'll get along  XD

GO for it!  :thumbsup and like as the writer said above, Just PM if you need help with anything  :)
my hat is off. saluting.

Offline anakpanti

• anakpanti
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • プトゥリ
« Reply #548 on: December 04, 2013, 05:32:13 AM »
Typically, I write most of my stuff after 6 PM and when I'm sleepy. (It might just be that I'm too lazy to write when I'm active...)
But I'm curious~ in what situation do you write the most efficiently in?

For me, usually... my ideas will come up to my head in the midnight.
So, I often write at 11 PM - 4 AM. :lol:
Of course I have many break time during those hours. If I tired, I will download or watch some videos.

I always write on the weekend too.
I try to keep writing (even if it's only a few paragraphs) because if I stop, maybe I'll lazy to continue my fanfic.

I'll go crazy if I have many ideas on the weekend.
For example, last weekend... I even didn't sleep for 2 days. :mon pick:
Yeahh... I'm really bad.  :doh:

Offline katekyohit

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • My heart beats for Yukirin <3
« Reply #549 on: December 29, 2013, 10:47:28 AM »
Oh wow, this group has a very interesting and fun comments to read XD
Well I'm curious for one thing, how did you guys gather/think/come up with an idea to write a fanfic?
Also~ What inspires you to write fluff/angst/wtv it is?   :lol:

Offline olive29

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #550 on: December 29, 2013, 11:01:35 AM »
The idea came suddenly, but it was based from tv series, novel, or manga that I had read before.

I watched a lot of tv series and read a lot of novels. It could be a great sources to write a fic.

Offline imteedee

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #551 on: December 29, 2013, 12:58:32 PM »
Well I'm curious for one thing, how did you guys gather/think/come up with an idea to write a fanfic?

BASED IN A TRUE TO LIFE STORY *is kidnapped*

it really depends on how wild your imagination actually, even a jelly bean could come out as an inspiration actually (LOL) in my case, they're mostly the product of my endless songs on my phone  XD

May I throw back the questions? I'm curious about your answers though....Kate.  :D
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 01:08:12 PM by imteedee »
my hat is off. saluting.

Offline katekyohit

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #552 on: December 29, 2013, 01:43:45 PM »
[
May I throw back the questions? I'm curious about your answers though....Kate.  :D
]

Hoo, TD~ Fine I'll answer it then XD
My ideas are...generated from me daydreaming :v Out of blue some weird ideas popped up, usually it will be something that I'm interested and find it unique. After that I will just remember it and wait until I'm in a mood to record it down XD I don't how my ideas come together, it's just...poof out and done.
I guess songs do give inspiration... :O

Offline LoyalFlutist

• clinical scientist
  • Member+
  • DRG @ Sargatanas (FFXIV)
    • animeminafans
« Reply #553 on: December 29, 2013, 11:52:25 PM »
Oh wow, this group has a very interesting and fun comments to read XD

I think I told you, but I can't exactly remember... Oh me and my poor memory of not remembering certain things I say. :sweatdrop:

How I got my ideas to write fan fictions... It's always from shows, books, songs, inspirations, personal experiences or even pure wild imagination. The world of 'what ifs' is a great place for me to obtain ideas to write my fictions. What if Mayu and Yuki were on a grand adventure of finding the great master chef that knew how to improve Yuki's cooking? What if Mariko and Haruna were to one day become a spy on the other 48 members? As ridiculous as some of the ideas sound, they are always a start to receiving ideas. Other than that, when it comes to referencing with other materials and media, I always imagine what the girls would be like if they were in the position of the heroines/heroes in the media. :) Now for lyrics from a song, they can either be taken in a literal or a non-literal perspective to write the story.

I don't write fluff and if I do, they aren't technically something that I'm kinda... okay with. I apologize, but fluff is something I don't really enjoy, LOL. I do enjoy reading them, but writing them is a whole new story. :nervous For angst, I did state earlier on in the conversation that it was a sole purpose to vent. And I probably still do, but not a lot anymore. :lol: Having written angst since 2011, I don't find it surprising to why I am quite fond of it to this day. And it now became a habit to write angst no matter how I feel. Whether I'm content with life or just hating it for about five minutes because I don't have enough meatballs in my pasta in a famous restaurant (joke intended for light-hearted manner), I can write angst. :)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 12:17:07 AM by LoyalFlutist »

"You'll come to treasure these scars."

HIATUS: The Virus | How Far Are You Prepared To Go? | Sanity | Hidden Truth | Disappearance (Season 2) *Tumblr-only* | Vengeance
ACTIVE: Majisuka Gakuen OS | OS | Idol Royale
REMAKE: Disappearance S1 | Wandering Ship | Hidden Truth
COLLABORATIONS: Phantom Pain w/Llyloo

Twitter: https://twitter.com/animeminafans | AO3: https://archiveofourown.org/users/KazueEmiko/pseuds/KazueEmiko | Discord Server: https://discord.gg/ZAfq3QtEwA

Zine Projects: Our Future Days (The Last of Us) [Pre-order TBA] | IDOLIZED! (Love Live!) [Pre-order - Digital] | Eizineken! (Eizouken Ni Wa) [Packaging] | Tales from the Animal Forest (Animal Crossing) [Pre-order TBA] | Amor Fati (Fate/Grand Order) [Creation Period]

Offline melon-lover

• Coconuts and Watermelons
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #554 on: January 01, 2014, 01:11:42 AM »
Just thought I'd pop down and say Happy 2014 and hope everyone has a grand year!   :D

Offline Seigus

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #555 on: January 05, 2014, 01:34:22 PM »
It's five days into 2014. I hope everyone had a good new year break/celebration! :D

New Year's Resolutions!

Now, I'm sure all of us know what a New Year's resolution is. Some of the common New Year's resolutions people make include going on a diet or switching to a better-paying job. But what about resolutions for writing? Have you done it before? Well, I haven't and I would like to start this year. I believe it would be beneficial to list down our writing goals so that we would be more committed to them.

What do you want to achieve this year? Which area(s) of writing do you want to improve on? Which genres do you want to try? How about attempting challenges like writing ten drabbles (fictions that are exactly 100 words in length each) in a week?

The list can go on and on. Just type down whatever you want to do! But before that, it's recommended to first do a reflection on what you've done with regard to writing in 2013. Doing so will give you a better idea of the things you want to achieve this year :thumbsup

Since I suggested this, I'll start the ball rolling. The more people to share their resolutions, the more we can learn from one another! :deco:

What I Did in 2013
1. Gradually moved from writing fluff and comedy to darker-themed one-shots.

2. Experimented with suspense and death.

3. Attempted non-linear storytelling.

What I Want to Do in 2014
1. Explore raw human emotions on a deeper level by taking on a grittier approach in my one-shots. Fluff and comedy come quite naturally to me but I don't wish to be typecast as a particular kind of writer yet, especially not when I only have a few years of serious writing experience under my belt. Perhaps after another fifty stories, I'd find out what I'm truly good at.

2. Gain more life experiences to help in the portrayal of No.1.

3. Complete the main story of my Dr. Watanabe x Nurse Kashiwagi series. There's something bigger that I plan to do with the series so I can't afford to let the main story drag on for too long.

4. Procrastinate less :lol:

That's all, at least for now! I will append the link to this post to my AKB48 fanfic author profile for easier reference in the future. I suggest that everyone do the same with their own New Year's resolution post so that it doesn't get lost in this discussion thread.

Have fun writing! :hipheart:
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 03:04:56 PM by Seigus »

Offline AshuraX

• AtsuYuu Kingdom's
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #556 on: January 05, 2014, 08:57:53 PM »
Okay, I'll take the bait.

What I did in 2013

- Entered the realm of AKB48 Fanfics and started to write more about real-life pairings

- Actually wrote smut

- Discovered moar pairings to experiment with XD

- Got more and more deeper into the Comedy realm *p*

2014 Resolution

- Write angst consisting of my OTP with a bad, bad, BAD ENDING

- KILL A CHARACTER BRUTALLY

- Complete 3 fics!

- Improve my action-fic skills...

- Complete 30 AtsuYuu-related projects by the end of the year

Eat pie

So many in the list, ey.... Okay. Time to get to work!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 12:29:42 AM by AshuraX »

Offline Shinoki

• REVOLUTION
  • Member+
  • MONA
« Reply #557 on: January 06, 2014, 12:21:46 AM »
What I did in 2013

- More or less started writing fanfics altogether
- Realized that I rather like fluff
- Wrote lots of drabbles--after a while, got too lazy to keep the word count at 100

2014 Resolution

- Finish all my current fics...well, maybe not the collabs
- Explore angst
- Write something gorey...bloody...painful...
- Be efficient

Offline katekyohit

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #558 on: January 08, 2014, 06:43:46 PM »
What I Did in 2013
1. Well...This is actually the year I got into AKB48~ So many things happened this year! From how I got into AKB48...having a dilemma between Yuki and Rena...and moving on to Yukirin...starting to write fictions for the first time...moving on into JPH!P...meeting loads of friends and finally got to talk to someone I always admired ever since I joined JPH!P! There's too much things to say for what happen I did in 2013~

2. Hmm....writing LOADS of fanfics? XD My most proudly masterpiece will be MaYuki Eternal Devotion~! That's my biggest success so far I presumed?

3. I started with my main OTP is wMatsui, but sorry it moved to MaYuki ^^" At least I still write both my favorite pairings~!

What I Want to Do in 2014
1. Hmmm....I want to be a much better writer than this. Not only in terms of fanfiction, but as well as a fiction that could be published. Why? I always want to write a story! I find human's emotions and life very intriguing and worth to be explored (similar to what Seigus-san said)...I wish I can write a story that's able to convey any philosophical thoughts to readers. Lessons do not need to be taught via lectures or words, but it could be taught through stories.

2. FINISH my ongoing series ONCE AND FOR ALL!!! XD

3. Hmmmmmm, help others with writing and improving with their fanfic? XD I like helping others if they need help~

4. Enjoy writing as always and let my imagination flow~ I'm hardly satisfied with my own writing, so I hope I'm able to improve even more in order for me to be satisfied with it~  :D :deco:

5. I'll keep on writing fluff, maybe add some tragic in it and stuffs here and there~ We'll see how my mood swings around! XD

Offline Yuki88

• The Nocturnal Black Snow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • "Do you love me?"
« Reply #559 on: January 09, 2014, 07:44:01 PM »
What I did in 2013:

- Discovered the world of 48 fanfics.
- Started writing fanfics and posted them on JPH!P.
- Started Virgin Love ~A TomoYuki Fluff~

What I want to do in 2014:

- Finish Virgin Love and start other series.
- Finish some of the unfinished drafts.
- Improve writing skill.
- Expand into darker stuff.
- WRITE MORE FICS ON UNPOPULAR PAIRINGS.  :bleed eyes:
Anai Chihiro is my one and only.

"Are we nothing more than the captain and her vice captain?"

My random OS Idea Center || Hakata Legend (HKT48 drabble fics) || Virgin Love (A TomoYuki Fluff) -hiatus?-

Tumblr version of my fics archive: http://blacksnow88.tumblr.com/

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Morning Musume - Mikan