JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Yoobin - Go Back

Author Topic: Woman dies after taking part in radio station contest  (Read 1511 times)

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
Woman dies after taking part in radio station contest
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 12:11:32 AM »
Wow, I wonder how this is gonna turn out... Even I'm kinda stumped on this.

Offline chera

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 12:33:54 AM »
I've heard about this condition before.  It can occur in exercise or in hot weather, when sweating causes you to loose salts and minerals.  If you drink lots of plain water while exercising (which does not contain salts or minerals, as opposed to stuff like Gatorade), you're diluting the salt that remains in your system.  Screw up the salt balance in any living thing is an easy way to kill it.  That's why putting fresh-water fish in ocean water or salt-water fish in fresh water kills both.  Their cell walls explode.

The woman's death was most unfortunate.  Lots of radio stations (and radio listeners) do dumb stuff like this without even bothering to think about what the consequences could be.

Offline fudog

• Member+
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 10:40:40 PM »
Quote from: chera;283044

The woman's death was most unfortunate.  Lots of radio stations (and radio listeners) do dumb stuff like this without even bothering to think about what the consequences could be.

werd...

you think people would have at least some commen sense... what's worse is that it was for a video game system

Offline realemotion16

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2007, 06:49:23 PM »
Wow, that just floored me. Who would've thought you could meet your maker through a radio station. As for them people, they'll get theirs one day..

Offline xerony

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2007, 06:59:24 PM »
the makers of the challenge could have known people could get water intoxicated...
I heard some of the people who worked for the radio show where fired because of this incident

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Yoobin - Go Back