JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: T-ara - Sexy Love

Author Topic: The Final Fantasy Thread  (Read 294397 times)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« on: August 22, 2005, 12:59:51 PM »
Welcome to the Final Fantasy thread!

This is a thread to all fans of Final Fantasy series! Feel free to discuss anything here from chocobos to music. Share your FF experiences :D

Please try to avoid spoilers because when it comes to Final Fantasy games, storyline actually matters and it sucks to know stuff in advance. :lol: (Knowing about a certain character's death in FF7 kinda ruined the game for me cuz I ended up not using that character a lot, thinking the training would just go to waste~)

Topics to talk about:

News of new releases
Which games you've played
Favourite game, favourite characters
Favourite composition/theme song
Favourite villain, favourite cute fluffy thing
Favourite fmvs (those pretty movies)
Favourite limit breaks
Least favourite characters...

There's a lot to talk about :D

I think I'll leave the babbling for a bit later this time.
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 01:08:14 PM »
Favourite Game : FFVII
Favourite Character : Cid FFVII
Favourite Song : Faye Wong - Eyes on me  
Favourite Villian : Emerald Weapon (i think that's the one)
Favourite FMV : FFVIII, where they're dancing in a big hall
Favourite LB : Omnislash
Least Favourite : Tidus, he was too damned emo sometimes

Okay, due to a CERTAIN person, I'm gonna do this so it doesn't look like a cheesy +1. Favourite game, ffvii. First FF I played. So I enjoyed it the most. Cid, he was just so fucking cool. Eyes on me is the only FF theme I remember, and I also remember being addicted to that song. Emerald? He was just so fucking nasty.

I liked that dance one, because it was so beautiful. And the music matched PERFECTLY. Fave LB..He slashed the bastard 99 times, for fuck's sake!

I like the Sphere Grid system of FFX, where there are no spells a character can't learn. Plus, it was cool how you could summon and control it. Overall, FFX was great, but I didn't complete it. So meh. ;_;

Offline harlock

• Not Sick of Sayumi
  • ecchi
  • Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 01:20:06 PM »
Now this is MY KINDA THREAD!!! And just when I was worried that my postcount was low...BWAHAHAAH!!!!!  :shock:  Anyway, I LOVE FF!!!! It's the greatest game series EVER!!! Before I get into the history of FF, I'd talk about Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. For anyone who doesn't know about it, it's a movie coming out next month, that takes place after Final Fantasy VII. It's basically what the FF movie, Spirts Within, SHOULD of been. I'll upload the trailer/s and post them later. Until then, I'm gonna pimp the cover that I have(not offical yet) of the Advent Children DVD:

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005, 01:24:18 PM »
I can't wait for advent children  :w00t:

I liked Spirits Within though, it had a nice story, but I think it was too Hollywood and not FF enough. Too bad it did so bad.

I love FF, it's great, I haven't played alot of them yet, but someday I will play them all.  :D

Offline Loki!

• Miki's Nonexistent Bitch
  • Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2005, 01:52:15 PM »
Moogle Moogle.

Kupo~!

Chii chii kweeeeh~!

-------------------------

Lesseee... limit breaks... I absolutely hated all the limit breaks in FFX, but at least they did more total damage though. Like Wakka's Attack Reels (reeling in 3 2hits = 12) that did monster damage and Tidus's 9 hit Blitz Ace overdrive.

Final Fantasy VIII's Squall Limit break was the coolest (Renzokuken -> Lionheart) had the best number of hits, mostly ranging from 30 - 40 hits total despite the fact that his limits are quite random (shuffling from Rough Divide to Fated Circle to Blasting Zone*apparantly the most likely finishing move he'll make* to Lionheart). But it would've been better if there was a Break Damage limit on FFVIII and VII too. Besides Squall's, Zell Dincht's limit breaks were pretty good as well, since there's a lot of moves you can possibly do on his limit breaks, as well as a number of finishing moves like "My Final Heaven" and the hidden limit break he has.

Final Fantasy VII on the other hand... was pretty good since most of the characters on the game had multiple hit Limit Breaks like Cloud's "Omnislash", Cid's "Highwind", Tifa's Roulette limits and Vincent Valentine's final demon form combos.

Final Fantasy IX's limits on the other hand... all sucked.

Ijou~

Too hot...

Offline Zero_

• Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2005, 02:08:52 PM »
Ahh... Final Fantasy.

The cover for Advent Children is the Cloud Sephiroth image, with that whole biological blend thing. It's pretty simple, but its what defines FF. The cover for the limited edition of Advent Children features Cloud on his bike, Fenrir, with a smily Sephiroth in the back.

And for those that haven't seen the 15 second commercial that is airing on Japanese TV, you've got to check it out.  :w00t:

http://files.filefront.com/FFVII_AC_japanese_commercial/;4046551;;/fileinfo.html (Does have a spoiler, but unless your smart enough to know how Square will make money, you've pretty much figured it out already)

And check out the (new to the public) E3 05 trailer for Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII (Another spin off FFVII title, featuring Vincent)

And for those that haven't seen the 15 second commercial that is airing on Japanese TV, you've got to check it out.  :w00t:

http://files.filefront.com/FFVII_AC_japanese_commercial/;4046551;;/fileinfo.html (Does have a spoiler, but unless your smart enough to know how Square will make money, you've pretty much figured it out already)

And check out the (new to the public) E3 05 trailer for Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII (Another spin off FFVII title, featuring Vincent)

Offline harlock

• Not Sick of Sayumi
  • ecchi
  • Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2005, 02:25:52 PM »
Here's the E3 Trailer for Advent Children:
http://s44.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=269NJ1QUZS38F3DG4Y4SUEXOL2

For those who haven't seen the trailer yet, I recommend you keep handy a spare pair of pants, cause you WILL BE expelling SOME type of bodily fluid after seeing it. You've been warned.

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2005, 02:46:33 PM »
Quote from: Maliciel

Least Favourite : Tidus, he was too damned emo sometimes

Squall there for me, for the same reasons.

FFX was good and easy, worth the short time to complete. Of course VII was amazing too.

Offline Zero_

• Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2005, 03:09:44 PM »
You think that's a trailer?

_THIS_ is a trailer, all 121MB of it.

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
  • >:|
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2005, 03:11:06 PM »
I have a few friends that are FF fans, I've never really gotten into it myself but I really liked the characters from FF VIII.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2005, 03:23:53 PM »
I'm currently playing through FFX-2 at the moment. I don't regard it as a true, proper sequel, but taken on it's own, it's a fun, light-hearted adventure through one of my favourite FF worlds. My favourite FF game though is FFVII, simply because it's one of the first games I've played where it's got a really great story and showed that games weren't just aimed for kids. Plus that FMV where Weapon attacks Junon Harbour is forever burned into my memory. Bring on Advent Children!!  :D

Offline Loki!

• Miki's Nonexistent Bitch
  • Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2005, 03:39:43 PM »
Emerald Weapon was definitely cool when it fought against the Mako Cannon on Midgar.

Ultima Weapon was a complete sissy, but DAMN, Ruby Weapon was friking annoying.

First off, he'd blow out 2 of your party members, leaving the one in the center. After you counter-attack with a limit break, he just absorbs the damage because of his shoulder pads and stuff. Then he kicks your ass.

I got pissed off after fighting Ruby over 20 times that I just said "FACKIT" and used the Knights of the Round + Copycat. Afterwards, I limit bombed it with Cid's Highwind, Tifa's My Final Heaven and Cloud's Omnislash. Then I just kept pressing the X button until it died.

Stupid unbelievably hard tough evil huge hidden bosses.

However, Ruby wasn't nearly as EVIL as Omega Weapon of Final Fantasy VIII. Omega'd literally wipe your party out in the first round unless you have someone like Selphie or Quistis in your party to cover for healing and reviving. Not even 255 MAX stats can help. >.>

Too hot...

Offline Zero_

• Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2005, 03:51:23 PM »
Emerald Weapon was definitely cool when it fought against the Mako Cannon on Midgar.

Diamond. Emerald's the one in the ocean.  :P

But Omega, yeah. He's kind of overboard. I've tried many times, and to no avail (without resorting to cheap tactics like 100 heroes)

Offline Sayange

• Akimoto Sayaka Chronic Fangirl
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Twin Towers <3
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2005, 04:13:08 PM »
I don't play FF.

Saeyaka.com: Killing your bandwidth with hotness since 2007
Follow SaeYaka blog at Twitter @saeyaka48

Offline yakuruto

• Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2005, 04:20:33 PM »
I've only played FFVI but didn't get much ino the game, only played it for a few hours. Many of my friends like the FF series but for some unknown reason it doesn't appeal much to me, specially becasuse I don't own a PS2 and those online computer games are just not for me :P but maybe someday  I'll give FF another try.

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2005, 04:22:25 PM »
I'm not much of a fan of the newer FFs, I like it old school. FF7 <

Oh yeah, and Yuffie is the coolest character ever.

Offline HiME

• ecchi
  • Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2005, 04:34:04 PM »
Hum... I've 2 FF...
FFIX, and FF Crystal Chronicles on Game Cube... I loved FFIX but the Crystal Chronicles, ew... I found it very disappointing and tiresome... :(

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2005, 04:48:00 PM »
I found Ruby a lot tougher than Omega from FFVIII. To make the battle easier I used items that could turn the characters invincible for a period of time (I can't remember the name of the item) and let loose with Squall and Irvine's Limit Breaks. I also had Rinoa, in the off chance that Angelo would do his ability to turn the characters invincible. Yes it was a cheap win, but how else could you have done it?! But Ruby and Emerald, to this day I still haven't defeated. I kept pummelling on them as I would normally do with other, lesser bosses, but when I read online that the best strategy was all of these different combinations, to which I said, ah screw that!

Offline Zero_

• Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2005, 04:54:28 PM »
(I can't remember the name of the item)

Hero (Single Party Member) or Hero Wars (Entire Party)

But Ruby and Emerald, to this day I still haven't defeated. I kept pummelling on them as I would normally do with other, lesser bosses, but when I read online that the best strategy was all of these different combinations, to which I said, ah screw that!

Speaking of which, there's a video of a Japanese guy playing FFVII, and he beats Emerald in 1:18, using a combo of Mime-Counter x 4, and using Barret's Ungermax. Emerald attacks, Barret Mimes. Does Limit Break 8 times in a row. :D

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2005, 05:49:03 PM »
Ah thanks. It was a combination of both those items then. I remember I had more Hero's than Hero Wars. And, jumping out of my chair in celebration when I finally killed it!

That was another thing that really affected the way I could approach Emerald /Ruby Weapon. The special materia's e.g.Mime-Counter, KOTRT. And it wasn't that I don't know of their existence, but for me, getting a Gold Chocobo is just damn near impossible!  :x

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: T-ara - Sexy Love