JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Umlaut - Bouken

Author Topic: Red Dead Redemption  (Read 14669 times)

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
Re: Red Dead Redemption
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2010, 11:12:55 AM »
I've been watching my boyfriend play this, and I finally started my own save last night. I love the music and the atmosphere! The characters are really well created, and John Marston's voice actor is awesome, haha. Still, for some reason, not really feeling it, though. I guess I have to play it more :o though it might be because I generally don't care much for open world games (like GTA, etc). They just tend to bore me, for some reason. :/

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2010, 12:31:56 PM »
Next to nuke boosters on MW2 I've found another category of online game players I despise. That is, everyone playing on a Free Roam session.  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: No one wants to just chill out, anyone I come across immediately has me or anyone else in their sights. Now I know it creates this dog eat dog world, but it's just so frustrating when you have to meet up with friends, but it's more difficult than it should because you keep getting killed and you have to find your way back to each other again where most likely you'll be set upon again.

Seems like most people on RDR online are just assholes. I've made it a rule not to fire on anyone unless they fire at me first. I have acted like an asshole though. Me and a friend were invited to form a posse by this one other guy and when we all met up we followed his lead, except he would just run for 10 secs, stop for 30 than repeat. Didn't know where he was going. When he started running into a mountain face we both just laughed, shot him together and my mate stole his better horse XD. And I found it greatly satisfying when a person kept chasing after me and killing me but I managed to get him 3 times in a row before I had enough, and as I saw him ride over the hill on his horse in my direction, I took aim with my rifle and shot his horse in the head. He went flying to the ground and I just got on my horse and rode away.  :pimp:

Offline A1

• The Original Caramel Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2010, 01:36:04 PM »
When I was playing free roam on the second or third day the game got release, I was going to stop and help a group out with a gang hideout. Then I changed my mind instead. So when I was turning around to leave one of the people playing decided to follow my ass for ten minutes. By the time I got into town s/he decided to shoot me in the back. Also has anybody been attack my multiple animals at the same time?

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2010, 01:45:45 PM »
So apparently John Hillcoat (director of The Road) has made a 30 minute Red Dead Redemption short film called Red Dead Redemption: The Man From Blackwater. I haven't watched it all, but the first few minutes seemed promising

Red Dead Redemption: The Man From Blackwater

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2010, 01:32:00 PM »
When I was playing free roam on the second or third day the game got release, I was going to stop and help a group out with a gang hideout. Then I changed my mind instead. So when I was turning around to leave one of the people playing decided to follow my ass for ten minutes. By the time I got into town s/he decided to shoot me in the back. Also has anybody been attack my multiple animals at the same time?

I wouldn't go near a gang hideout if there are other players there. From experience, if a randomer stumbles into the gang hideout then they also get a share of the XP afterwards, even if they were there for a few seconds. People don't take too kindly to that. But man, 10 mins, that guy was determined! I've met my share of dickheads like that too. It's a great feeling when it stumbles in your favour though. Like I was on a road and got shot at by two dudes riding on a wagon in front of me, so I kept riding til I was behind them, where they obviously had to make more button presses to aim from behind, while I took out the pair of them and stole their wagon :)

The free DLC, 'Outlaws To The End' is out now.

It's awesome taking it on with friends. Get a lot of XP for it too, it really betters the multiplayer aspect of the game. Trying to complete any mission with two players is harder than it sounds!

Offline A1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2010, 02:49:10 PM »
I still haven't played the new DLC yet. My friends said the mission gradually get harder as you go along. I am still getting attack by random group of animals (damn you boars and bears tag teaming on my ass!)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2010, 10:59:37 PM »
My highlight of Red Dead Redemption so far? This song:

If you have not reached Mexico in the single player campaign yet, then I urge you not to listen to this now as hearing it now would only ruin the experience. Written by Jose Gonzalez specifically for the game, it's supposed to signify a time in the game when you're alone in Mexico, desperate, in danger and a long way from home. And he totally nails it. It's haunting and feels timeless. It's a song by a professional artist that I don't normally see or hear of in a video game. I arrived in Mexico at night, with a full moon in the sky and was walking the horse, not galloping, through the desert. Such a simple moment, but brilliantly executed.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2010, 10:50:10 PM »

Offline Yuna

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2010, 05:58:28 AM »
Just now I started playing it and now I realize how awesome this game is!
So much stuff to do, so many details in so many things!

I'm loving the soundtrack of the game. The funny thing is I really don't like western themed stuff but this game really is something else!

Offline Yuna

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2010, 07:55:34 AM »
I finished the game just now. Anyone else would like to talk about the ending ?

small spoilers:
I gotta say I'm kinda sad. After all that hard work he ended up dead. It's not as if I didn't like the ending, it's just that he doesn't get his revenge nor to be with his family that he worked so hard to be with.

Offline A1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2010, 06:35:03 AM »
Just a little FYI Double XP on multiplayer this weekend . I will be on this weekend if anybody is up for some co-op.

Offline A1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2010, 01:38:55 PM »
So far RDR has release two DLC "Killers and Legends" and "Outlaws to the End". There is still three more DLC to go. "Liars and Cheats", "Free Roam" and "Undead Nightmare". More information is here.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 01:49:07 PM by A1 »

Offline A1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2010, 06:34:12 AM »
Has anybody passed into legend yet? I just need some advice on how to get there. I am at level 41 right but damn it feels like its taking forever.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2010, 12:19:17 AM »
Huh. I thought I just reached end game in this tonight. Did a mission for the government and before I knew it, Dutch had thrown himself off a mountain. I thought that was it but apparently not :o I really don't have the slightest clue how this game is going to end now.

Offline A1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2010, 12:25:04 AM »
Huh. I thought I just reached end game in this tonight. Did a mission for the government and before I knew it, Dutch had thrown himself off a mountain. I thought that was it but apparently not :o I really don't have the slightest clue how this game is going to end now.

Just keep on playing its almost over..  :cry:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2010, 12:35:33 AM »
Cool. To be honest I think the final third has been kind of dragging on for just a tad, were all those missions for the Yale professor really necessary? Well whatever, it's been an amazing game regardless, so much so that even that criticism can't really take away from the enjoyment I've had from it.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2010, 06:56:05 PM »
Wow. I honestly didn't expect that to happen. I was devastated. Things were looking up and then he gets murdered like that. He committed crimes yes, but he was looking to atone. And it's just the way he was murdered too, not a single gun shot, but absolutely blasted with bullets leaving him bloody and torn, yet you could see him struggling to remain standing and not be beaten. Just heartbreaking.

Again, totally unsuspecting to me, because usually they'd leave the game world free to explore after the credits roll. But they handled that in a way that makes sense. Though it's not the true ending, not quite. I dunno, did any of you see the secret mission in Blackwater afterwards? That leads to a definite conclusion.

In my top 3 games of the year, that's for sure.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2016, 06:48:19 PM »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2016, 10:00:17 PM »
The only disappointment is that the trailer is too short! The environments look gorgeous. Although the promotional picture makes it seem like we'll revisit Dutch's gang which suggests a prequel when I would prefer an all new cast of characters.

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2016, 05:12:15 AM »
Still wondering why they use RDR2 when redemption is the 2nd game of the series
Meanwhile the great debate on the internets is whether it'll ever get a pc version
Beautifulest women of all time 1.)Kim Sohee 2.)Minatozaki Sana 3.)Myoui Mina 4.)Fukumura Mizuki 5.)Uemura Akari 6.)Yabuki Nako 7.)Oguri Yui 8.)Nashiko Momotsuki 9.)Na-yeon 10.)Ikuta Eripon

JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Umlaut - Bouken