JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Morning Musume - Roman ~My Dear Boy~

Author Topic: Nocturne [13/02 - Epilogue (END)]  (Read 112715 times)

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
Re: Nocturne [File #18]
« Reply #220 on: February 25, 2009, 03:07:04 PM »
Got my eyes on this awesome fic just the other day and I read it till dawn and got locked out  :grin: I love each personality of Ai towards the 3. My interpretations (1) with Gaki it's friendship love (2) with Sayu it's lust and love.?. I could fell the love in there (3) with Eri it's work, teenage lovey-dovey and who knows... would develop into something.?. The little sister is too young to put a bullet on someone  :O   But I love the fic's entirety.   :twothumbs  Why do I get to imagine that Ai's a s** machine  :grin: damn, but I love it  XD

Offline 0508

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #221 on: February 27, 2009, 09:06:35 AM »
Whee! I'm late for comments!

File #18

"I really do like her, Mama." Her voice was even again, her eyes returning to the image of her mother gazing tenderly at her. She reached out and pulled it closer, cradling the frame in her arms.

"She reminds me of you." Her voice had dropped to a whisper. She hugged her knees to herself, the framed photo of her smiling mother tucked between her thighs and her stomach. Her eyes were fixed on an invisible spot some distance in front of her, even as she rested her chin on her now raised knees.

Gosh, that scene was sweet, heartwarming, and a bit sad at the same time. I bet even Ai would be moved if she saw that happen. :lol: Though seeing what this NICE author (:D) is doing to the rest of the girls, I think Eri will have to endure a lot of pain, since she hasn't experienced that yet.

If Eri likes Ai that much, I'm sure she will be willing to change and take risks to be with her. Maybe enough to eventually accept what Ai really is? Who knows, not me. Hi Estrea. :D

About the Takagaki relationship...Ai probably sees Risa as the only connection left to her past, so she will instinctly come back. It is where a part of her heart is. Only Risa has seen certain sides of Ai, and she's already experienced a good portion of her life with her. What I'm trying to get at, too, is that this scene with Takagaki can be compared to the scene with Eri talking to her mother's photo. There's a similar connection/feeling to it.

Calm before the storm guys! Shit's gonna go DOWN! WAY DOWN! :twisted:

Maybe at the very end of this story we'll catch a glimpse of Ai's perspective on things. Being ever so curious, I'd be looking forward to that if it comes up. Haha, no spoofing this time, I didn't want to ruin such delicate scenes. XD

Why does everyone have such a low opinion of Ai? Oh wait, I kinda gave her that rep in this story...haha.

I don't have a low opinion of Ai! <3 In fact...
Ahem. *In a little girl's voice*
"I wanna be JUST like Ai-chan when I grow up. I want to kill people and sleep around with cute girls, just like her!" :pimp: Shit, wrong smiley...um... XD XD XD

Oh, one last thing, how long is Ai's hair in this story? I must know this. :|

EDIT: God damnit Ai, get into her pants already. SHEESH.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 09:23:55 AM by rev2hd »

Offline ringo-hime

• House of Byuntae
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #222 on: February 27, 2009, 12:46:48 PM »
WOW, Papa Kame is so cool! but Ai-chan is cool too. XD deadly!  :twothumbs
Kamei is so cute, talking to pictures....about Ai.  :cry: so sweeeeet. :3 her mom.

Ai-chan is aevil!  :shocked

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #223 on: February 28, 2009, 07:45:17 PM »
Comment replies again! Many many! I feel loved. :)

Thanks everyone~

Yuuyami: It does rather look like a parallel of their past together, doesn't it? Are you sure Ai is defenseless? I thought she was more...relaxed. Lol. More like an absolute confidence that Risa would never betray or even attempt to hurt her. XD Oops, shouldn't reveal too much. :P Gaki-san does fit the motherly figure image rather well, doesn't she? Well, do reconsider that image after this chapter. :D I think it'll be useful for realigning your perspective. :P

stefy: Yeah Risa always thinks too much. *coughlikeHammycough* ;)

Ichigo-chan: Eri should watch what she's doing a little more closely. Then again, we don't see all that much of Eri's inner thoughts, except those on the very surface. XD I wonder why. But yeah, I think I surprised myself with the cuteness of TakaGaki...can't deny that they naturally bring out that feeling when you subtract the angst. XD Your observation makes me happy btw. Then again, everyone can be seen as "using" each other on some level, so who's to say if it's wrong or right? XD Optimistic? Hmmm~ I wonder. >D

lil_hamz: You bad, bad Gaki fan. :P And yes, I know what you guessed lol, your sms was seriously...well, stefy had the same reaction so you weren't alone. :P Do leave me your thoughts about Chapter 18 eventually though. Lol. XD I shall be meaner to Risa...eventually. XD Fun fun~

Fenrir: Yup I guess from what has been shown here so far, Ai-chan does seem to be using Risa in a more violent and painful way. :3 In actuality, well, who knows? XD Ai went back to Risa to take a break, so to speak. She wasn't as much stressed as she was in need of some sleep, as she stated. XD Well, at least, a relaxed sleep, rather than a tense one. Her profession makes her twitchy. :P As for why she did those things the last time, well yes, she IS evil! :D That and I must point out that this version of Ai-chan basically does as she wants, without much heed to conventional morality. She doesn't usually deliberately do things to hurt people, she does them because either 1) she felt like it, or 2) she just wanted to prove a point. I'll leave you with that to chew on. :3

Sukoshi: No, you don't know how Eri's mom died. Except that it was in some relation to Eri's dad somehow...I think I intimated as such in a previous chapter. Eri's fault? I wonder. Lol. Yes it does make one wonder how Eri can see someone like Ai-chan as similar to her mother when Ai-chan acts all childish...in front of Risa. And only in front of Risa. What image does Eri see? :P About Ai-chan's seeming callousness when it comes to Risa crying, see my above reply to Fenrir. XD She has her own agenda, so she does things when she wants. Very "my pace" of her indeed. XD

kawaii beam: Haha yay I can take a break~ :P Yeah Eri does feel pretty lonely a lot... And as for Ai-chan...eh, you know she's gonna be evil again. :P Comes with the job lol. XD Thanks for the compliment? XD

SxY: Ah yes, you're an Eri fan too. Don't worry too much, I won't be too evil to Eri. I have plans for her. *nods* Yeah the TakaGaki was cute...I couldn't help it, they just ARE. Draw your own conclusions from the coming post~

rainer: Hehe I love it when I get people addicted. Ohohoho~ Eri does seem awfully attached to Ai-chan. Where will that lead her? Hehe. Only I know~ *cackles evilly* So you see the hatred/resentment that Eri feels...I was afraid that no one did...lol. Why does everyone think Ai-chan plans everything...oh wait, she does, most of the time. XD Hehe. More story coming up!

ayase909: Yeah Gaki really is in love with the playgirl...tough for her but oh well. Hmm you have just given me a little bit of an idea...wanting to see Ai-chan hurt? I already have that scheduled somewhere in the future. Hehe. You might hafta wait a little while though, still setting it up. XD

JFC: One of the reasons why I love (and hate) to write scenes between Ai and Otosuke is because they're both so good with their poker faces that all the tension has to be generated through dialogue and partially through body language. It's challenging but fun. And yes, it IS a Go board, but instead of an actual match, it is more a set scenario, sort of like a puzzle, that is used in sharpening the mind to a complex situation. About the serpent thing, basically I'm referring to how all the pieces of one color are basically one continuous chain across the board, sort of like a snake. Normally one tries to win more territory by spreading one's influence across the board, or one could use the serpent strategy and keep a long, unbroken group of your own pebbles and keeping it "alive", that is, without being blocked by the opposing side...and I'm rambling. XD Decipher that as you will. ;) As for the Ai/Risa thing in chapter 18, well, I answered a lot in the rest of the comment replies. XD Ai needs a break from the tension of her job, so she either takes it out on Sayu (by having lots and lots of sex XD), or takes a break with Risa. She seems a little insensitive sometimes but well, that's her. XD More will be revealed about the connection between Ai and Risa with the coming bit...you'll see. :D

kRisZ: Lol I'm glad you like the fic. :3 I like how you look at the relationships, but I wonder...heh. I liked the idea of Ai as a pimp too, which is why this story exists! Lol. Thanks for reading!

rev2hd: Harhar, all the little comments directed at me. :D Nice observation about the parallel between the Eri scene and the Takagaki. They were meant to portray a similar atmosphere, though of course many other things remain hidden out of immediate sight since I'm evil like that and want to spring stuff on you guys. Hehe. And yes, this is just the calm before the storm. :3 Aww no spoofing...oh well, another time maybe? Ai's perspective will come eventually, when this particular arc wraps up. Just a bit though, and it's really coming soon. >D And LOL at your little girl impersonation! :P Don't we all want to be cool, sexy assassins that gets all the girls? XDDD Fun times. Her hair? I was aiming for High King length. Cos she's the pimp yo. Gotta have pimp hair. XD Don't worry, Ai has plans. :D She knows what she's doing. :P

ringo-hime: Yes Ai-chan is evil. :D Don't you just love it? XD

Okie dokie, that's done. Fun. Well, the next part won't actually be a chapter, but a SIDE STORY that was well overdue to be written. :3 Doesn't everyone want to know about the past? ;) Have fun~

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline Fenrir

• RPG baka
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #224 on: February 28, 2009, 07:48:15 PM »
Wedge??

Edit: Yay, first wedge! XD
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 07:53:11 PM by Fenrir »

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #225 on: February 28, 2009, 07:51:41 PM »
Archive #1

"Mama? Papa?"

Wandering down a half deserted street, the only other people bundled up to their ears and forging on ahead, oblivious to their surroundings in their haste to get to wherever they were headed.

In weather such as this, where one's breath crystallized almost before it left one's lips, these city folks could hardly be blamed for wanting to get out of the weather as quickly as possible.

Not so for one little soul. Scrawny and petite, that fact was hardly hidden by the extra layer of clothing that barely served as adequate protection against the cold. Wide eyes rolled around searchingly, scanning the lowered faces of the taller adults brushing past her at their own, quicker pace. The street seemed distorted, immense and daunting with its emptiness, and the fact of a rapidly approaching night.

The little girl moved forward, as if driven by some unknown instinct. Still searching, always searching, little hands rubbing together to provide some meager warmth with the friction. Her step was halting, almost jerky, more a shamble than a walk. Obvious signs of exhaustion, but determined to continued, regardless.

The street lights blinked on some time along the way, the pathway seeming even more deserted by that hour. The little girl continued walking, shoulders hunched in on herself, shaking with every step.

Time seemed to have little meaning; the cold was uniform, and it numbed the senses. One moment was very much similar to the next, save for the fading light. Her breath came in little puffs, eyes reduced to a squint. Thought was nearly impossible; movement came through instinct, the urge to search for her parents.

Somewhere along the way, she had stopped; or rather, her body had ceased to respond to that instinctual drive that had kept her moving all that time. Grime and snow seemed one and the same, all wet and cold and grey, staining her hands and knees as she was reduced to a crouch.

A few meters ahead lay a pool of light; some base urge prompted her to move there, though "crawl" would be a much better term. The pole of the dim streetlight was very cold, yet it seemed oddly comforting in its solidity as she leaned her emaciated frame against it.

She did not know where she was, only that she had wandered far from where she had first been left by her parents at a street corner. They had promised to come back; but one hour had passed, then two, but there was no sign of them. Her first childish intent had been to go find them, and now here she was, crouched next to the curb under a street lamp, numb with cold and ignorant of her surroundings. Fat lot of good that idea had been.

Her vision was getting darker, growing murkier by the second. There was a strange detachment within her; some primordial instinct recognized the approaching demise, acknowledging her helplessness in the face of that event. The will to live though, rejected that. Yet, that voice was tiny, drowned out by the bleakest of images: the increasing awareness of rejection and separation that had been thrust upon her.

Yet, some childish resilience rejected that. For a child, they were the whole world; their parents were essential to their consciousness, and they were one with them. Only through the process of growing up would the child slowly develop a conscious sense of self, a degree of separation from that singular world, yet without fully breaking those links, at least not all at once.

Thus, it was with that childish determination that the little girl rejected that frightening notion: that her parents were not coming back, that they had abandoned her.

Object and sound seemed both distant and within reach to her at the same time. Her field of vision had essentially been narrowed down to whatever was directly before her, to within a few meters. At the moment, all she saw was iron bars, set within an ornate gate that led to a walled compound.

She did not look away, she could not. Even if she could summon the energy to look away, there was nothing else on the street that was even remotely interesting. Not that the gate was particularly fascinating in itself either. It was merely there, right across the street from her, and she did not have to look very far to see it.

So tired. She felt exhausted, partly from all that walking, but mostly from the fact that she had not eaten anything since the morning. And a piece of bread was not the most satisfying for a growing child. Already, she could feel her eyelids growing heavy, fluttering open and shut at every interval that was becoming ever shorter.

Dimly, within her limited range of vision, she perceived movement, though she made no move to respond to it. It was getting to be almost comfortable, slumped next to the pole and staring into empty space, stupid with cold. It was absurd, but that was the way it was.

A larger patch of shadow separated from the veil of darkness that had been the gift of nightfall, a human-shaped blob that approached the light surrounding her. Her breathing slowed even more, even as weary eyes lifted fractionally to regard the stranger.

She was small, probably not much bigger than the freezing girl herself, though that fact was considerably better hidden with the layers of clothing that had been wrapped around the new little girl. The coat seemed almost too big on her, and the scarf bundled around her neck practically hid half of her already tiny face.

About the only thing that really got the abandoned girl's attention were those dark, liquid orbs that stared with fascination at her. The strange little girl said nothing, standing just beyond the limited pool of light in a kind of eerie silence.

Moments passed, with the first girl growing more and more tired, her consciousness slipping further from her, while the second girl merely observed her impassively, a kind of abstract curiosity in those eyes.

So cold that she couldn't think. Her head bobbed downwards, no longer looking at the stranger. All that existed was the cold; she could no longer focus on anything else.

That tiny, growing seed of fear finally bloomed, with the realization that death was imminent. She would cry, if she had any strength left. Even as such, she could and did muster up something, warm liquid blazing down reddened cheeks like a knife, in sharp contrast to the bitter chill.

And then, warmth. Her awareness blinked sleepily as something warm cupped her cheeks, shocked into a marginally more conscious state by the new sensation. Eyes lifted weakly to stare straight into dark, serious ones. She finally saw little lips pursed in concentration, even as the warmth left her cheeks as the other girl detached her hands from her face to unwind the scarf from around her own face and neck.

"Wake up. Don't sleep here." It sounded so serious, so unlike a child. In that dream-like state between life and death, she could only bob her head a little, shivering a little as suddenly, a warmth wrapped around her neck.

The fabric was soft, heated by close contact to a warm body. The lingering scent of another human was oddly comforting, as was the residual warmth. The little girl closed her eyes briefly, but was shaken lightly awake again by the stranger.

"Come on, let's go." The voice was coaxing, gentle. The childish lilt was evident, yet the serious note remained. She felt the proximity of the other girl as her rescuer struggled to support her, pull her to her feet. The closeness comforted her even more than the warmth from the scarf did, and she leaned in close, burying her frozen face in the crook of the other's neck.

She had very little memory of the journey; only fragmented pieces of staggering, leaning on a complete stranger, and the gentle warmth of another human being. The feeling of the scarf against her face was vivid, as was the image of dark, serious eyes.

Yet, another sight remained burned into the very recesses of her mind, even if she had not been able to consciously recall it for a long time.

The image of a charm pendant, swaying just out of her immediate field of vision, a single word inscribed on it.

'Ai'.

I wonder, if you had not found me, would I have died?
Thank you for finding me.
Thank you for saving me.
Thank you for everything, Ai-chan.

My love, my life, it all belonged to you, ever since then.

Now and always.

==============================================================

Yes, in case no one guessed, this is from Risa's POV. Circa 5 years old. :3 Blast to the past~

And o_O Fenrir wedge. Is that a first?! XD Congrats anyway. :P

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Fenrir

• RPG baka
  • Subcru
  • Member+
Re: Nocturne [Archive #1]
« Reply #226 on: February 28, 2009, 08:03:28 PM »
A bittersweet chapter! Risa was an abandoned child. :cry:

Now I see why she has such a undying devotion to Ai.

I'm beginning to see why Ai's adopted father chose her. Even at a young age, she shows traits of a assassin: lurking in the shadows silently while quietly observing her "prey." Also, Ai's seriousness and dark eyes that are able to hide everything going on inside of her.

Hope you write more about their past! Quite fascinating.  :theking
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 09:56:34 AM by Fenrir »

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #227 on: February 28, 2009, 08:05:16 PM »
Oh jeez. :shocked Her parents abandoned her, in the snow, on some random street corner. :cry: I honestly don't see how anyone could do that to a child, let alone a child that is Gaki. :D But it's nice to see how they met, a time when Ai-chan was genuinely loving and kind. And Gaki's reasons for feeling the way she does have finally been confirmed. I don't know whether to cheer or cry.
My optimism is wavering now. XD

Offline ShikyoxYaiba

• The Atomic Warhead of Foolishness!!
  • Member+
  • TakaGakiKame. Yes.
« Reply #228 on: February 28, 2009, 09:32:08 PM »
RISAAAA!!!!  :cry: I can't believe her parents abandoned her like that! *wants to smack them silly* It's totally understandable now; how she feels about Ai, I mean.

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
« Reply #229 on: March 01, 2009, 02:35:52 AM »
yay~! blast from the past~! X3poor risa! who would leave such a cute little kid?! man, something's wrong with her real parents! it was so sweet of ai to give her the scarf X33 plus in risa's point of view it's like ai had the more motherly role XD mabe that rubed off onto risa?? anywho, keep it up~! X3 can't read the next chap~!
please visit kawaii-chan's avie's and siggies!

Offline rainer

• Min <3
« Reply #230 on: March 01, 2009, 05:29:14 AM »
Ah. Well, your updates are always a cure towards my cravings for more.  :P But, I usually just end up craving more.  :-X

Hmm. So Risa was the abandoned child? At first, the thought of Ai-chan being the child came across my mind. But after reading that part whereby Risa saw Ai-chan's name and her thoughts, I then knew it was Risa. Slow of me, sorry.  :roll: I'm a little curous as to why Ai-chan saved Risa.. out of empathy? Or maybe she was still innocent at that time. Hah. Me and my weird mind.  XD Ah.. So that is why Risa is so devoted to Ai-chan.. 'cos she saved her. Hmm.. Now I know the connection.. But, why did Ai-chan change? I wanna know that..~  :cry:

TanaKameiShige. IshiYoshi. <3

Offline XiaoAi

« Reply #231 on: March 01, 2009, 12:38:19 PM »
nice story..^^..addicting.. :lol:
i also wondering what causing ai to change..
and she will get hurt in the end??she deserve it since she hurting 2 person now.. XD..but hope she have a happy ending too..XD..
either aigaki or aieri = win... :wub: :wub:

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
« Reply #232 on: March 01, 2009, 02:01:07 PM »
Damn, why do I fell the urge to cry. It’s been a while since I felt that way, the first one was that of Kata’s, YoMiki’s... childhood diary... and then this, TakaGaki… childhood memory...so ouches  :cry:

Offline 0508

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #233 on: March 02, 2009, 03:25:52 AM »
Awww, poor kid. :( Wonder if Ai showing up is pure coincidence, and Risa just got really damn lucky. But one thing for sure is that there's no doubt in my mind Risa would die for Ai anyday.

"Wake up. Don't sleep here." It sounded so serious, so unlike a child.
In fact, the voice almost sounded demonic. "UR ON MY LAMP POST, SLEEPING IN MY SPOT." :|
Thus begins the romantic story of how Risa fell in love with a demon. Takahashi Ai, pimpin' since age 7.

I feel so guilty now. XD *is going to hell*

... since I'm evil like that and want to spring stuff on you guys.
BRING IT!

Ai's perspective will come eventually, when this particular arc wraps up. Just a bit though, and it's really coming soon.
Yays! :D

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #234 on: March 02, 2009, 05:52:57 AM »
Archive #1

I got past the first couple of lines and knew this was probably going to be something pretty big. As always, not disappointed. I mean...holy crap, Risa was found/rescued by Aichan after her parents ABANDONED her?!?!!??
:mon wtf:

Is it any wonder that Risa feels as deeply/strongly for Aichan as she does?

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #235 on: March 02, 2009, 06:48:07 AM »
Hmm, well unlike some I dunno if I can say this changes my opinion of the TakaGaki relationship all that much, but it does offer some insights. I would have never guessed Risa was abandoned as a child and had to be rescued (unless you mentioned it somewhere and I totally missed it >.>). I mean, if that was the case then she's definitely come a long way - starting college, having her own place... Maybe it taught her to be independent well. If Aichan was her teacher that's very possible.

As for the Ai "rescue"... I did think Ai might have been different back then before she went through whatever she was put through (unless it had already started?), but I see now that's not the case. I mean, who would stare at a poor child who's obviously frozen and likely close to death for a while as if watching her die was just a curiosity? I suppose really young kids might be so apathetic like that, but I don't think Ai was that young nor oblivious. It makes me wonder at her motivation for saving Risa even when she did. Did she do it knowing that she'd be forever indebted to her because of it? Knowing that because of it she could rely on her unquestionably for absolutely anything from then on? That's more like the Ai we know now... I wonder if she's able to think any more of Risa than as a loyal pet. That would explain the reaction we all remember when Risa told her she wanted her... Pets don't request things like that... Ok I'm entering really disturbing turf here haha.

So dark...  :ph43r: You better keep it up. ;) Eri next! I wonder what mistreatments you have in store for her... (though I have a feeling it'll include more hotness as well ;))

Offline 0508

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #236 on: March 02, 2009, 07:55:17 AM »
That's more like the Ai we know now... I wonder if she's able to think any more of Risa than as a loyal pet. That would explain the reaction we all remember when Risa told her she wanted her... Pets don't request things like that... Ok I'm entering really disturbing turf here haha.

I strongly agree with this statment. It makes a lot of sense to me now that you mention it. Lol, now I can stop wracking my brain over something I was trying to express into words myself.

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #237 on: March 02, 2009, 06:06:43 PM »
Comment replies! Hohoho. I love what's to come. >D Let's get this done quickly. :P

Fenrir: Yeah, Ai showed a lot of potential even as a child. There had to be a reason why she was chosen instead of someone else, after all. :3 More about the past? Sure, whenever I feel it's the right time to insert it. :D

Ichigo-chan: There are always terrible people like that, who abandon their children. Some of them even have good reasons to do so, but eh. Ai, genuinely loving and kind...? *rereads chapter* Did I do something wrong? :P Lemme continue to shake your optimism!

SxY: Yeah poor Risa. She had no choice but to end up clinging to Ai. Hehe.

kawaii beam: Do note that all that was from Risa's point of view, so everything is viewed through her perspective. It's your judgment to see whether it's accurate or not. :P I hope the next chapter won't disappoint you. XD

rainer: So my fic is now like a drug. Awesome! I should market it. XD Did Ai-chan change? Hmm, I guess she did to some extent. We'll see. :3

XiaoAi: Hello, welcome to the thread! Lol Ai-chan has a lot of bad karma waiting to rebound on her, but eh, we'll see what happens in the end. Hehe.

kRisZ: Aww, sorry for making you cry? *pats* Thanks for the compliment though, I made someone cry again yay! *is warped* XD Hope you like the coming chapter.

rev2hd: You make me laugh. In a good way. :D Pimpin' since age 7 indeed. Hehe. Don't worry, you'll have good company in hell. After all, I'll be there too. XD And I'm glad you could see what rokun saw, makes me a happy writer. :3

JFC: Yup, no wonder that Risa feels so strongly for Ai-chan. But what does Ai really feel about Risa? Now that's the real mystery. Hehe.

rokun: I love you. XD In a strictly platonic way. But yes, Risa has come a long way, and is really strong...except when it comes to Ai. Her one weak point, I guess. XD And yes, young!Ai could be viewed as sort of callous and apathetic in her behavior. She was old enough to realize what was going on, but yet she just stood there....makes you wonder what she was thinking about. Heh. You already know what I think about the rest of your comment. :3 And yeah, Eri hotness coming up. ;)

There, we're ready. Everyone, strap in your seatbelts! It's gonna be a rough ride. XD

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Saikami

• W O N K Y F I E D
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • TEAM AIBUTT
« Reply #238 on: March 02, 2009, 06:07:21 PM »
-wedge- HAHA!! :cow:
[All hail AiButt! Sig by Dinny!]

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #239 on: March 02, 2009, 06:11:17 PM »
File #19

It was the most restful sleep she had gotten in 3 weeks or more, if the loose feeling in her muscles and the lingering sensation of absolute contentment was any indication.

With a lazy half-turn, Niigaki Risa rolled around in her own bed, arms flailing to one side...and hitting empty air. A sleepy frown knitted her thick brows together, even as unease snaked its way through her barely awake consciousness.

Eyes fluttered open slowly, adjusting gradually to the dim light of her modest bedroom. The curtains cut off the source of light from outside, so she was able to wake to a pleasant gloom.

I think...I had a dream... The plain white ceiling seemed oddly comforting as she stared blankly at it, the fog of sleep slowly clearing from her head. It reminded her of snow, both the good and bad memories associated with it.

I met Ai-chan on a snow day too... A dreamy sort of smile parted her lips slightly, before another thought crept into her head. Her hand groped the spot on the bed next to her, instinctively.

Empty. Her vision swirled with nauseating speed as she sprang up from the bed, finally remembering her late night visitor. Or had it just been a dream?

I don't know anymore... She found it hard to trust her senses nowadays. Past and present all mingled into a confusing mess in her head, making it difficult to distinguish what had already happened from what was currently happening. An unfortunate side effect of her distressed mental state, but she kept silent about it, not wanting anyone, particularly Sayumin, to worry about it.

The experience left her feeling somewhat dejected, as well as in need of a drink of water. Her mouth felt dry, and a bit musty from her sleep. Standing, she headed towards her door, passing by her dresser on the way.

And noted that the usual bottle of pills was no longer at its customary place.

That's odd. Briefly, an image of her dropping the bottle upon discovering the intruder into her home came to her, and she shook her head vigorously to clear the image. It simply could not be. She was probably just dreaming. That had to be it.

Shrugging, she left the room, her head turning automatically to check the spot near her couch. No bottle, no mess of pills scattered on the ground. That only reinforced her belief that the previous night had only been a very beautiful dream. A dream that Ai had come back to her...

She squeezed her eyes shut, trying to block off the twin sensation of euphoria and oddly, loneliness. A dream was a dream, it was not real. Better to not think about it.

Turning again, she stepped into her kitchen. And stopped.

Froze. Halted. What have you.

Takahashi Ai very calmly turned the page of her newspaper, one hand reaching out and taking a sip of orange juice from a clear glass. A steaming plate of pancakes was just beyond her glass, with a loosely capped pot of jam next to it.

All in all, it looked absolutely normal. Except that it wasn't. Risa continued to gape, unable to come to terms with the fact that Ai was actually there.

"Morning. Breakfast?" Ai asked without looking up. She seemed totally focused on whatever she was currently reading, pausing only for her precious orange juice.

"Ai...chan?" Risa's voice was tinged with disbelief, and reasonably so. Haltingly, she stepped closer, still trying to reconcile what her eyes were seeing with what her mind was telling her. The utter normalcy of the situation seemed to baffle her. It just did not mesh with what had been going on.

"Risa, stop dawdling and sit down. The pancakes will get cold." Ai commanded calmly, turning over another page of her paper. Risa sat, still not really comprehending the situation.

"Why?" She finally managed to get out after a few more moments of stunned silence. "Why are you here?"

"I was in the neighborhood and decided to drop by." Came the detached answer. Ai handed the plate of pancakes to Risa, eyes still not leaving the tiny print on the page. Risa took it, idly lifting a piece and starting to munch on it, her own eyes fixed on Ai.

"By the way, I dumped the pills. Stop using them, it's not good for you." Ai reached over for another pancake, fingers just brushing the topmost piece when her cellphone chirped.

"Who is it?" Risa asked, more to break the strange silence between them than out of any real curiosity. Ai was reading the text message even more intently than she had been scrutinising the newspaper. A hint of a smile curved her lips, though it was so brief that Risa thought that she might have been imagining it.

"My little sister." Ai said a bit tersely, even as she snapped the phone shut again. Her face had returned to its usual impassive state, and for the first time since Risa had entered the kitchen, she was looking at the younger girl.

"Oh, Yuuka-chan? How is she?" Risa asked, fidgeting a little under Ai's unreadable stare. Ai continued looking at her for a moment more, before returning her attention to the paper. Her hand reached out automatically for another pancake as she replied.

"Doing alright." She bit of a chunk and chewed, then swallowed. "Better than you, at any rate."

Risa paused in mid-chew, not knowing what to do or say for a moment. Fortunately, Ai continued on, saving her the trouble of responding.

"Take better care of yourself, Risa. I can't be there for you all the time."

"So you do care." The bitterness of her own response surprised Risa. Ai did not seem to turn a hair at the unspoken rebuke. In fact, her reply was most unruffled.

"We've been together for a long time, Risa." A pause. "Don't be catty, it doesn't suit you."

A deluge of angry remarks built up behind that emotional dam of hers, threatening to break through...but didn't. Risa simply sat there, unsure of whether she should burst into tears or throw a fit. Or both.

Moments passed again, and again Ai broke the silence after another sip of orange juice.

"Things change, Risa. We're both not quite the same anymore. We can't go back." Her voice was even, calmly accepting of the circumstances. Risa half wanted to reach over and shake her for it. How could Ai so easily let go of things? It just wasn't fair.

Their eyes met, Risa's mute with suppressed grief and resentment, while Ai's was again, a blank slate, coldly measuring and giving nothing away.

A lump was forming in Risa's throat, the burning sensation of unshed tears welling up in her eyes, making them prickle. Ai seemed very far away, despite being seated no more than 3 feet away from her. The newspaper hung limply on Ai's lap, glass half empty in the older girl's right hand.

The clear sound of a ringtone broke through the tense atmosphere, Ai putting down her glass to reach for her cellphone, answering the call.

"Morning." Pause. "Don't sound so excited this early in the day." Smirk. "Pouting doesn't work when I can't see you." Another pause. "Dinner? Alright. What time?" A half nod. "I'll be there. See you later." She snapped the phone shut.

"I have to go now." Ai stood, leaving the papers open on the table where she had last stopped. She downed the last of the orange juice, putting the glass down.

Stepping past a still silent Risa, Ai stopped just as she passed the girl. Her voice was once again neutral, almost friendly in advice.

"Grow up, Risa. It doesn't get any better than this."

A pause, then the older girl left. Risa continued to sit there, tears starting to overflow from her eyes, but still silent. Her upper front teeth gripped her lower lip with a taut force, threatening to break the skin. Her eyes remained fixated on a random spot directly in front of her, which just happened to be the abandoned newspaper open on the Business pages.

Since when was Ai-chan ever interested in that?

And that was where her thoughts remained even as they shattered into an avalanche of misery, a wave of tears and despair at the lines drawn between them.

I don't want it to end like this...

~*~*~

"...and then I clinched that deal after two weeks of negotiation. It was difficult, but very profitable."

Ai discreetly hid a yawn by lifting the wine glass to her lips, catching Eri's eye in the process. The rich girl was doing a much better job of hiding her obvious ennui, no doubt the result of much practice in handling such situations. Eri returned the look with a quick wink, as well as a derisive eye roll directed at her other dining companion, currently seated on her left.

Kobayashi seemed immune to the disinterest surrounding the table, his only actual audience, and technically the only one that really mattered, being Kamei Otosuke himself, who was seated at his rightful place at the head of the table.

Ai was currently seated directly across from Kobayashi, neither party having been very pleased by the arrangement, but tolerating it in deference to the senior Kamei.

Kobayashi had been surprised when he had first discovered that Ai was there, enthusiastically greeted by his future wife to boot. A vague sense of discomfort had shot through him when he saw the unfettered smile Eri had been giving a smiling Ai, further reinforced by the slightly smug glance that the offending person in question had shot him out of the corner of her eye.

Although, he had to admit, both girls were rightfully stunning, especially since Ai was not, as before, dressed in plain clothes. The simple black number embraced her slender form elegantly, lending an air of refinement to the young woman. A far cry indeed from the insolent journalist that had confronted him before.

Ai, for her part, had not been intending to be so dressed up, but Eri had prepared the clothes for her and insisted, and so she had given in. She too, was not particularly fond of Kobayashi's presence, but ignored it rather than allowing it the pleasure of even having her attention, be it distaste or even plain annoyance. Boredom, however, seemed to rule the evening, especially with Eri being seated so far away from her, and with Kobayashi's attempts to impress his future father-in-law.

Eri was oddly serene despite being seated right next to her fiance, even with Ai diagonally across from her, or perhaps was so composed because of it. She was the very epitome of the well-raised daughter, if one discounted the minor acts of rebellion through the looks that passed between the two girls at the table. Her glass was not filled with wine, but with juice, since her father was strict about things like that. It did not bother her though.

Otosuke, the host of the evening and master of the house, appeared almost regal at the head of the table, presiding over a minor court. With Ai on his left and Kobayashi on his right, he engaged both, as well as his daughter, with light conversation, the focus being mainly on his future son-in-law. His appearance was perfectly composed, though he did not touch his wine as much as he would have liked, as per his doctor's advice.

They were on dessert when Kobayashi smilingly suggested opening the bottle of champagne that he had brought along as a gift. A quick gesture brought the servant to the table, bearing the aforementioned bottle.

"A good vintage. You have excellent taste, Keisuke." The senior Kamei complimented the young man, who flushed at the compliment, beaming at the praise. The servant stopped at Ai's side, bottle in hands.

"I think I'll pass. I've had enough alcohol for tonight." Ai declined politely, brushing the servant away with a demure sort of air. The servant bowed and retreated, having been instructed to serve everyone except Eri, who was still not quite yet 20, the legal age for drinking.

Lightning flashed outside the windows even as the two men clinked their glasses together, sipping as thunder rumbled in anticipation of a downpour. Eri flicked a glance at the worsening weather.

"It's getting late, and it looks like rain..." She observed, looking back at her father. Otosuke lowered his glass, now half-empty.

"Perhaps our guests should stay the night. Would it be inconvenient for you, Keisuke?"

"Not at all. My chauffeur can come pick me up in the morning with a fresh change of clothes." Kobayashi glanced briefly at Eri next to him, his face and neck still flushed from the alcohol. Eri pointedly ignored him, directing her interest at her almost finished dessert.

"Maybe I should leave then. It is getting rather late..." Ai spoke up quietly, laying her spoon down. Eri jerked upwards slightly, her own spoon clinking against the glass bowl.

"I want you to stay too." The request tumbled out of her lips, heedless of her audience. Eri continued to stare at Ai intently, the message in eyes clear.

Don't leave me alone with him.

Otosuke broke the moment with a light cough. His eyes steered to Ai after settling briefly on Kobayashi, reassuring the man while intimidating the woman.

"Of course, Takahashi-san is welcome to stay as well." His voice was neutral, betraying nothing of his personal feelings on the matter.

"We can have a sleepover, Ai-chan!" Eri grinned, totally ignoring her fiance next to her. "Don't worry, you can wear some of my pajamas." She nodded vigorously. "It'll be fun!"

"Eri." Otosuke said firmly. Eri quickly quieted down, lowering her head like her a chastised child. Ai smiled reassuringly.

"If you say so, Kamei-chan." Eri looked up hopefully, a shy grin on her face. Ai returned the smile just as easily, the two girls communicating without a need for words.

Otosuke remained silent at the exchange. Tipping the delicate vessel back, he finished the last of the champagne, putting it down with a definite sounding thunk. His jaw seemed a little tightly set, and he puffed slightly before taking another deep, deliberate breath. Ai watched him out of the corner of her eye, but said nothing.

"It is getting rather late. You should go to bed, Eri." Otosuke stood, nodding at Kobayashi, who followed as the two males headed towards the lounge for a bit more talk.

Eri was grinning girlishly as she pranced over to Ai's side the moment the two men disappeared into the lounge. Ai couldn't help but return that enthusiasm with a smile, letting Eri pull her from her seat.

Even as she was being hauled up the stairs, Ai half turned to face the open doors of the lounge, a self satisfied smirk on her face as she whispered.

"Checkmate."

~*~*~

"The proposed merger of our companies after the marriage will surely boost our operations, Kamei-san." Kobayashi said earnestly as he leaned foward on the lounge chair.

"I would prefer if certain branches remained independent though." Otosuke leaned back into his chair, studying the young man across from him.

"You understand that of course, my daughter will retain her shares in the corporation, regardless." The meaning behind his words could not be missed, not for someone like Kobayashi.

The younger man straightened a bit, but did not reveal his own reaction to that declaration. He was, after all, also an experienced businessman who knew when to hide his own feelings.

"I see." Kobayashi nodded, studying the older man. "I hope that I can meet your expectations, Kamei-san."

"We'll see." A non-committal response, coolly delivered. Kobayashi stood and bowed, knowing a dismissal when he heard one.

"Thank you for your hospitality."

Otosuke watched him leave, his face a careful mask, at least until the doors swung shut. Then his cheek muscle twitched, rippling down from his neck and then on to his shoulder and arm.

He did not stand for a moment, and when he did, he did so hesitantly, before overcoming his moment of weakness and putting up a solid front again.

I must be getting old... He thought a bit grimly to himself as he ascended the stairs to his room, just past his daughter's. He was tempted to look in on the girls, but decided that not even someone like Takahashi would try anything at a time like this.

Eri's room though, was the one place without cameras. Otosuke did respect her privacy enough to leave that one area untouched. Although, of course, he still had listening devices in there. Anything to guarantee the safety of his precious daughter.

He entered his own room, closing and locking the door behind him, before heading towards the elaborate set-up off to one side, hidden by a screen. There he sat, and with practiced hands administered the medication his doctor had instructed, to keep his condition under control.

Eri...what will you do if I'm gone...

He shook his head. Evidently, he really must be getting too old if he was even thinking this. Silently he sat, observing the monitors arrayed around him, deep in thought even as the drug pumped through his system, alleviating the heart block that had plagued him for some time.

Slowly his eyes drooped, his thoughts still cycling restlessly. He continued staring at the camera view of Eri's door, as if to see past it by sheer force of will. He still had a bad feeling about the whole thing, and his instinct hadn't failed him in decades.

Takahashi, I won't let you win so easily.

The cameras continued working silently, as they always have.

~*~*~

The low strains of classical music permeated the room, matching the dimmed lights of the room to create a delicate sort of ambience. Eri stepped back from the stereo, her hair still slightly damp from her quick shower, the nightie she was wearing clinging to her curvaceous form in all the right places. Looking around, she eyed the door of the attached bathroom where Ai was currently situated, taking her own shower.

Biting her lower lip nervously, Eri paced around a bit before sitting down at the foot of her wide bed, restlessly picking at the strands of her hair. It was the first time she had had Ai stay over, and in her room to boot! She flushed at the implications, shaking her head vigorously to clear it.

The door clicked open, and Eri started, jerking her head upwards to look. Ai's hair was almost boyishly mussed, still wet from the shower and with parts of it sticking up in strange places. Ai was rubbing at her head with the towel, seeming completely at ease with her surroundings.

"Are you alright?" Eri's voice came out a little too high pitched, shaky even. Ai smiled gently at the obviously nervy girl, walking over to pat the younger on the head.

"Relax, I don't bite." Ai teased, letting the towel fall to her shoulders as she sat next to Eri. She pushed back one side of Eri's lustrously long hair behind her ear, leaning in as she did so to whisper into the younger's ear.

"Not unless you want me to." Eri shivered, blushing faintly as she looked almost shyly at the older woman next to her. Ai returned the gaze, their fingers edging towards each other on the sheets, intertwining after only a moment.

"Ai-chan..." Eri's voice trembled almost uncertainly, but there was no mistaking the underlying note of decision in it. Ai smiled; well, smirked, actually.

"You'll have to be quiet." Ai warned, eyes burning dangerously. Eri swallowed nervously, but nodded anyway, closing her eyes submissively as Ai closed the remaining distance.

Their entwined fingers clenched together, digging deep into the sheets with growing force, almost ripping it but not quite. Sighs grew, almost in harmony with the background music, a peculiar concordance growing between that purr of pure pleasure with the stringed murmur.

Lightning flashed outside, punctuated by rain and thunder, to last for the rest of the night.

~*~*~

"Death confirmed. Cause of death appears to be cardiac arrest."

"Any suspicion of foul play?"

"Unconfirmed. We need post-mortem for confirmation."

Detective Saehara looked around the large, severe-looking room, eyes falling on the uncorked bottle of champagne that lay on its side, cushioned by the impact of its fall by the carpeted surface. Its contents lay spilled in a mess on the rug that lay by the dead man's body.

"Take samples for analysis. We'll need to look into this closely." Saehara's face was grim. "Not everyday that an important person dies on us like this. Can't let any evidence pass if there really was foul play involved." He wiped at the beads of sweat on his forehead with his handkerchief, stepping away to allow his subordinates to collect the rest of the evidence.

Walking over to the side, he nodded apologetically to the mute girl who was staring blankly at the corpse of what was once her father.

"I'm sorry for your loss." He said sympathetically, bowing to the daughter. "We will get to the bottom of Kamei-sama's death, don't you worry."

Eri said nothing, only clinging to Ai next to her, her face completely unreadable, as if in shock. Her eyes though, were passively accepting, even as she continued to lean against Ai for support.

Saehara nodded at the two girls, before stepping past them and on to the outside.

He had plenty of work to do.

=================================================================

And there. :D I am proud of myself. This was done in approximately 4 hours. :D

Have fun everyone~ Comment lots. ^_^

*sneaks off to bed*
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 06:24:00 PM by Estrea »

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Morning Musume - Roman ~My Dear Boy~