JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Morning Musume - Love Machine

Author Topic: The Melon Kinenbi Thread (メロン記念日)  (Read 163227 times)

Offline souma

Melon Kinenbi aka MKB is AWESOME
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2005, 02:22:13 PM »
my friends and i discussed the real-ness of megumi's glasses for like, 4 days straight, and eventually found some pictures where her face was being refracted through them, so yeah, they're real, but probably a real real low prescription

Offline Philosoranter

• Third Member of Ninety-Nine
  • Member+
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2005, 12:39:33 AM »
She probably used to wear contacts; a bunch of Morning Musume members do.  I bet she started wearing them when she saw that they helped her stand out.  Not to mention it's one more thing to accessorize with.

Offline Tyler_Wood_2005

• N.L.N.L (Nono Lover No Longer)
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2005, 01:49:36 AM »
Not to mention they makes her look super fucking SEXY!! :w00t:

Watched a bunch of older Utabans, ones where she never wore her glasses. And I barely noticed her, watched a few older H!Ms, more recent Utabans and noticed her alot more. Glasses go so good on her that I hope she never takes them off.

The fact she even wears them on stage when she sings is also pretty cool  :oops:

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2005, 09:01:53 PM »
I love the way they blend together, and the consistency...

Grab the FLETS Police Chief for a Day @ The Asshole

yet Shibata remains the favorite for me, just an innocence about her. Even when she's humping legs:

Grab the FLETS Shibata talks about Ishikawa @ The Asshole

Offline souma

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2005, 02:09:42 AM »
I never said megumi's glasses didn't make her sexy  :w00t:
we were just questioning the real-ness.

I'm more of a Saitou fan though :w00t:  :w00t:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2005, 07:26:55 AM »
from MKB's tour with W and Aya. Their Pamphlet DVD thang:

Shibata is just SCCHWWINNGGG..in her dark hair. and check out Saitou!! HAWT in the long blond hair with the forehead revelation!! :jerk:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2005, 06:30:42 AM »
has anyone watched Tensai Terebi-kun MAX

http://www3.nhk.or.jp/tvkun/

It's little mini drama on a kiddies show. Grab 2 episodes at THE ASSHOLE

About some crazy girl who loves Shibata so much she hires a mad scientist to zap Shibata and take her place in Melon Kinenbi!!!!  :lol:

Offline yokakashi

• Member+
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2005, 08:38:53 AM »
Damnit that show come on here on tv japan weekday at 2:20 pm and so been missing mkb for the past two days now :evil: Damnnnnit :cry:
this is definitely where i park my car

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2005, 10:35:44 AM »
Has anyone here watched both MKB's concert DVDs? I'm thinking about buying one, any suggestion on wich one I should buy? :)

Offline VigoVedict

• Member+
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2005, 10:51:43 AM »
Quote from: tama-chan
Has anyone here watched both MKB's concert DVDs? I'm thinking about buying one, any suggestion on wich one I should buy? :)

Well, there are 3 concert DVDs actually.  They're all really good concerts though.  The first one is high energy greatness since it's their first tour.  The second has a really nice feel to it since it's a Christmas live.  There are some really good performances.  My favorite, though, is the third one, Just for the simple reason that there is a TON of tour footage.  If you like watching the girls goof around during rehearsal, get this DVD.  Plus, you get to see the craziness of an idol group performing at Chicken George (a famous rock live venue).

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2005, 01:11:44 PM »
Quote from: VigoVedict
My favorite, though, is the third one, Just for the simple reason that there is a TON of tour footage.  If you like watching the girls goof around during rehearsal, get this DVD.  Plus, you get to see the craziness of an idol group performing at Chicken George (a famous rock live venue).
Do you happen to have a amazon.co.jp link for that (there are several 'Chicken George' performances, and I do not have the Kanji for 'MKB' handy :)

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2005, 01:55:34 PM »
Well, there are 3 concert DVDs actually.  They're all really good concerts though.  The first one is high energy greatness since it's their first tour.  The second has a really nice feel to it since it's a Christmas live.  There are some really good performances.  My favorite, though, is the third one, Just for the simple reason that there is a TON of tour footage.  If you like watching the girls goof around during rehearsal, get this DVD.  Plus, you get to see the craziness of an idol group performing at Chicken George (a famous rock live venue).

Thanks, Vigo. :)
Looking at the setlists for the 1st and 3rd concert DVDs, I'm torn between these two. The tour footage sounds awesome but, if judging by the performances alone, which one would you suggest?

Here's an Amazon link for their 3rd concert DVD;
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00066KYR2/qid=1118835905/sr=8-8/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i8_xgl74/250-0137682-9747455

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2005, 03:48:25 PM »
Here's an Amazon link for their 3rd concert DVD;
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00066KYR2/qid=1118835905/sr=8-8/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i8_xgl74/250-0137682-9747455
[click] Thanks!
Wish list is almost long enough again for a special order  :D (Maki and Ai-chan are already on)

Offline VigoVedict

• Member+
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2005, 12:06:38 AM »
Well, the actual concert is about an hour and forty minutes on both the first and third dvd even though there are 60 extra some odd minutes of footage on the third DVD.  It's been a while since I've seen the first concert (my friend owns that one, I own the other two) so I don't remember how the performances were all that well.  I think a lot of them got tired towards the end, so there may have been more running around which I think made a couple of parts not so good vocally (but still great to watch).

The third DVD has no such problem and Melon sounds wonderfully for the whole thing.  The solo and duet songs are fantastic.  There's not a whole lot of bells and whistles during a Melon concert and what's listed on the DVD is what you get.  

The MCs for the first and second DVD are pretty weird and they both have those weird movies where it becomes evident that Melon can't act.  The third DVD's MCs are a little more normal with a (boring but short) poem for the first one (in both english and japanese), the second is Murata and Shibata doing stupid things to the olympics.

There are a couple songs that are sorely missed on the third DVD, such as Amai Anata no Aji, Skip, and ANNIVERSARY but I feel that the selection of Melon songs and the two covers are more than sufficient to make it a buyable DVD.  

So...I guess I recommend the third one.  It's a close call really, but the individual songs were a great way to showcase vocal talent and all the performances were stellar.

It's kind of funny how crowd surfing seems to crop up at a Melon concert.  Not much, but it's there.

[And as a note, the concert DVD wasn't filmed at Chicken George (it's too crowded to shoot a proper idol concert) but Zepp Tokyo.  You see some of the live house in the Natsu tour medley  and you see it during the extras.]

Offline reina's eyes

• Banzai Penis
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2005, 01:14:57 AM »
It's kind of funny how crowd surfing seems to crop up at a Melon concert.

Awesome! But I guess mkb don't promote stage diving like the circle jerks do. :-)

(They really deserve their own regular show called kiss the melons.)

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2005, 10:45:07 AM »
Hmm... I think I should get the 3rd one, then. And maybe whenever I have money, I'll get the 1st one, too! :D

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2005, 09:05:34 AM »
There. A new upload thread in THE ASSHOLE just for MKB stuff. Check it out!!

After all this time, "Saa! Koibito ni Narou" and "Akai Freesia" remain oh so addictive...yeah. I'm behind. I haven't even listened to their 2005 tour and stuff.  :lol:

digging up old shit...it is true. MKB- the gayest group in H!P

how did The Boss become the Boss since in early HM episodes (most notably the bowling corners) Megumi Murata was the leader?

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2005, 07:03:14 AM »
great!

June 25th (Sat)

23:00 ~ 25:00 -- Fuji TV 721, "Matsuura Aya Concert Tour 2005 Spring  101kaime no KISS ~ HAND IN HAND~"

was on the air!! they dressing like the gospel!

DOWNLOAD them singing Aya's Kiseki no Kaori_Dance!!!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2005, 02:07:13 AM »
Holy fuck. Will Masae's real lettuce please stand up??

From the Summer 2005 H!P concert UFA's

and this FLETS Diary episode with Viyiuden's Erika Miyoshi!

I prefer the Blond...though her Jem look ain't bad either  :jerk:

Offline reina's eyes

• Banzai Penis
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2005, 02:43:57 AM »
Here's something to look forward to!

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Morning Musume - Love Machine