JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: DJ Ozma - Junjou ~sunjon~

Author Topic: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Series  (Read 49906 times)

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2010, 05:49:16 AM »
Tomorrow is the release of the Stimulus package

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2010, 05:49:26 PM »
Is it Double XP too? My friends keep telling me it is but I don't know where they get their info from.

*EDIT*

Turns out there is Double XP, but only on the new maps. So in essence, it's a stimulus to buy the stimulus pack. Screw that. I was thinking I could go to 2nd lvl prestige and climb up the ranks quickly again, but there's no point. I like my silenced AK-47 anyway.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 05:54:40 PM by Tuffty »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2010, 08:16:46 PM »
Double post but I don't care, cause I just cleared every mission on Spec Ops on Veteran! And apart from the two missions with co-op is forced on you, all of it was done by myself! Gotta say, that mission on the final tier where you can only kill 10 Juggernauts with explosives frustrated me to no end, I didn't think doing it solo was possible. Until last night when something just clicked and I ]cleared it. Barely. So, yay, aside from one achievement where you have to kill 4 enemies while downed in Spec Ops I would have full gamerscore for MW2. I hope that IW decide to add to the spec ops mode in future DLC, I think it's a great addition to have that's perfect to add to. But knowing Activision, they would probably make the map pack and extra missions seperate, and charge the same price for both.

One thing I wonder about though is weapons, they're bound to add more to select from. I mean is it not odd that the Dragunov is in Single player/Spec ops, but not in Multiplayer? Hell I even picked up the Dragunov and it had the Arctic camo on it, which seems to suggest that it's bound to be in multiplayer at some point.

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2010, 03:45:03 PM »
If I go Prestige, I basically have to start from the beginning and re-earn everything (weapons-perks-killstreaks), but I keep the emblems and titles right?

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2010, 04:37:02 PM »
Bingo. All the challenges reset too but if you completed any ones that you earned titles/emblems for, don't expect to get any new ones. When you prestige, you unlock a new tier of challenges to complete. Not too difficult, most of them are of the 'Get x kills using the y killstreak' type, they just take a long time. Completing those gets you titles and emblems as well. Also when you prestige each time, you get a new title/emblem and a new slot for your custom classes.

I prestiged once and don't think I'll do so again unless I get really bored. Once you unlock the prestige challenges, that's about the only interesting thing to come out of it. I still have other titles/emblems from the other challenges to get and I'm happy enough with 6 custom class slots. Only use about 3 in rotation. And I'm not going to give up my Fall camo for the TAR-21 anytime soon. I earned that, and it is a sexy ass gun.

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2010, 05:41:16 PM »
I mastered the M-16, not in the mood to do that again.  Those bullet penetration kills are harder than they seem.  I do okay with my 4 custom classes, but I always use One Man Army.  Do we have a JPHP clan, yet?

Offline Yuna

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2010, 01:18:58 AM »
I just found out the best footage of Modern Warfare 2 on the internet, pure awesomeness in only 30 seconds:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2010, 11:27:33 AM »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2010, 01:09:21 AM »
I mastered the M-16, not in the mood to do that again.  Those bullet penetration kills are harder than they seem.

I'm trying to get the Extended Mags on the TAR-21 now. Bit of a pain but I've never gotten it before. At least it's a fully automatic gun though, I can't imagine the patience you must need for the M-16. Even the FAL too.

Oh god, you have no idea how much I hate boosters. Joined a Free For All this afternoon and saw the score climb to 20-0 within 2 minutes. Luckily thanks to a recent spawn and Sitrep Pro on (love that perk) I found them and interrupted their little party using my akimbo glocks. Both sounded like they were 12 and they were cursing me under the sun. Kept coming back too but I continually got the drop on them with claymores and just moving around. They won that match though by camping somewhere else obscure, and the game winning killcam literally shows the enemy die and respawn in front of him thanks to tactical insert and just got the easy kill. Where's the honor in that? I'd be embarrased. They won again and the winner was talking about what a big man he was. Guy just needs to get laid or something. Find something more important in life you know?

So I have a love/hate relationship with boosters. Hate the fact they even exist and the vast majority I've seen are pre-pubescent boys who think they're really tough. But I do so love hunting them down, finding them out and spoiling their party and hearing them getting pissed off, curse and even scream at me down the mic. IW really must remove that tactical insertion. Nobody uses it outside of boosting.

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2010, 02:40:35 PM »
I can't stand the guy with the akimbo rangers and marathon.  You can only run backwards, fire and hope you get them before they get within kill range.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2010, 05:45:56 PM »
New map pack 'Resurgence' dated for 3rd June to 360

It's reported to have the same level of content as the Stimulus pack (5 maps then, but will another 2 from COD4 be revamped?) and if you thought the price of the stimulus pack was too high well...you're not in luck. Apparently the stimulus pack sold a lot regardless of the high price tag. Just goes to show that there are people out there with more money than sense. :banghead:

Seeing as Activision were the first company to apply the £49.99 price tag on newly released games, does that mean they've now also set a precendent for DLC? Wouldn't surprise me if other developers of FPS games decided to sell 5 maps or so for 1200 MSP.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2010, 05:49:32 PM »
Yep, 5 maps, 2 of which are remakes. The two remakes are Strike and Vacant

Looks pretty good. Personally would have liked Backlot and Countdown from COD4. Though really, I wouldn't like any remakes at all. Must be an easy decision though considering there's practically nobody left at Infinity Ward :lol: Thank god they hadn't chosen Shipment. Imagine the Chopper Gunner on that thing :lol: There's a screenshot for each map here.

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2010, 08:45:28 PM »
I went Prestige.  What the fuck was I thinking....

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2010, 10:02:40 PM »
^ This your 1st time? If so then I'd say there's nothing wrong with that. You get to unlock those prestige challenges afterall. But that's really the only benefit at that stage. I'm sitting on Lv1 Prestige at Lvl 70 and have been for a good 3 months now. Honestly, I read people on MW2 videos going, oh you're a noob you're only Lvl 2 prestige or you're playing againt people who haven't prestiged yet when prestige ranks mean absolutely nothing in MW2. If I see a Lvl 10 prestige player I don't think he's one of the best in the world, only that he spent a hell of a long time playing the game and could still be rather average at it like me. Hell I severly doubt any Lvl 10 prestige player cause there's that many people who get it illegitimely thanks to the hacked lobbies. Sad but true.

Oh how I love whining bitchy players who take the game too seriously. I've never been so verbally attacked by another player over any LIVE game as I had yesterday. Some pre pubescent scottish kid kept giving me abuse calling me a camper or a booster even when I kept killing him in different locations. He went mental at me when I placed claymores in one particular spot around a room in Skidrow, but only because everyone goes up there to camp and it's ridiculously easy to grab kills from there. Anyway, he went up there and got killed and said how gay I was, starting imitating my Irish accent (badly) and said he knew exactly what my tactics were. He fell for it though! Nothing is as sweet when I got the game winning killcam by getting a headshot on him with a predator missile. First time I seen it, didn't think it was possible. He ragequitted soon after :shakeit:

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2010, 10:50:31 PM »
Yeah, it's my first time to prestige.  The only reason I did it was to unlock the other titles, etc.  But by not going prestige, gives no special advantage.  I'm basically at noob status again, without my favorite perks, weapons, etc.  Anyway, I now have incentive of playing regularly.  I hate these kids that talk smack.

Offline EternalSkies

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • TakaUno <3
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2010, 03:50:15 PM »
I've had this game about 2-3 months now and still suck at it XD But it's still a great game and it's one of the only FPS games that I will willingly choose to play.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2010, 01:00:37 AM »
See for all I complain about the boosters and the cheapness of n00b tubes, especially with a One Man Army/Danger Close set up, it's still my favourite online multiplayer shooter. I think the levelling up system helped a great deal with that to begin with but over time I have fun changing class set ups and see what works for me. Also, I ain't quitting the game til I get a damn nuke! XD

Offline EternalSkies

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • TakaUno <3
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2010, 11:39:02 PM »
XD It's gonna take me a hell of a long time to get a Nuke seeing as my killstreak max is 9 so far XD

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2010, 02:26:22 PM »
I've played it since release and still haven't got a nuke. My max killstreak is about 28, but that was only the one time, and I didn't set the nuke in that game XD I've given up on getting it tbh, I don't enjoy it if I'm actively trying to get it, and the things like noob tubes and campers only annoy me much more than they already do.

It's predicted that Activision are asking for a subscription fee when playing Call of Duty games online. No, I'm not talking about some MMO kind of COD game, I'm talking about each game.

Activision will charge gamers to play first-person shooter behemoth Call of Duty online by the end of the year, analyst Michael Pachter has predicted.

"Unless and until the publishers come up with a business model that appropriately captures the value created by the multiplayer experience," the gaming clairvoyant told Industry Gamers, "we are destined to see a migration of game playing away from packaged goods purchases and toward multiplayer online.

"While the shift has been great for consumers, who are enjoying an unprecedented, and largely free, game experience, it has been devastating for publishers and shareholders, who are seeing sales and profits decline.

"We think that it is incumbent upon Activision, with the most popular multiplayer game, to take the first step to address monetisation of multiplayer. It is too early to tell whether that will be a monthly subscription, tournament entry fees, microtransaction fees, or a combination of all three, but we expect to see the company take some action by year-end, when Call of Duty: Black Ops launches."

If they do, and it is still an if at this stage, then you can kiss my interest in the series goodbye. Seriously though at £55 RRP for the game (not that anyone pays that) along with a potential £10 increase due to every map pack sold and you're already looking at £75 for the year out of each consumer (assuming there's no more map packs on the way). Then they can start again a year later when the yearly sequel is released. Not to mention this hefty exclusivity fee paid out by Microsoft to keep their DLC a timed exclusive.

It'd be a joke if MW2's online service was subscription fee based! Think of how much support's gone into fixing the game. None, they haven't sorted out One Man Army noob tubers or boosters despite the fact that nobody likes them. And they've done little to add to the game other than overpriced maps. No new weapons, or Spec Op missions, which is hugely disappointing. The only way you could ever justify that business model is if they continually add and build to the multiplayer side of things like new weapons, maps etc But it's Activision, so of course they won't. What would be the point if there's going to be a sequel at the same time next year?

The only good thing I can see about it is that it would turn away the kids from playing the game, but is your love of COD that strong that you'd pay for it when there are so many other competitors out there doing the exact same for free?

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2010, 01:18:11 AM »
Isn't Activision making enough money by charging 15 dollars for map packs? Well, for Call of Duty, if that is indeed going to be the case they can shove it. I'm already refusing to buy Black Ops new/at launch due to the piss poor management of the massive problems occurring in MW2 multiplayer. I'll probably buy Black Ops eventually, but only when I can get a used copy on ebay for 20 bucks. Stuff like this is why I'm probably gonna get out of non-Nintendo gaming in a year or two.

I keep flip-flopping on MW2 itself. I really like playing the game but some of the people playing are totally annoying. My joy lately has been using my anti-booster class in Free for All. It's really funny to hide in the bushes until the booster has 24 kills, then RPG their position before he gets his beloved nuke.  :rofl:

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: DJ Ozma - Junjou ~sunjon~