JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Mika Nakashima - Forget Me Not

Author Topic: Shoryuken!:. Official Street Fighter Thread!  (Read 123531 times)

Offline meowchi

• still listening to Viyuden
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Shoryuken!:. Official Street Fighter Thread!
« on: July 25, 2006, 08:50:43 PM »
Yes.. all the Street Fighter nerds gather..
Playing Street Fighter Alpha 3 makes me think back when I was in middle school and how I was the only girl who kicked ass with Ken.. Good ol' days..

My sis came back from the San Diego Comic-Con the other day, and she was sporting Udon Street Fighter comics! Luckily she doesn't like Street Fighter, so I yanked em' from her... Anyone know em'?

The artwork is really good, check it out-
Yanked from the main website, which is here.

Offline Iamabowl

• Captain of the Inanimate Object Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 08:53:40 PM »
The last street fighter game I played was Street Fighter 2: Turbo... Damn those were fun times. I used to love being E-Honda and just hundred handed slapping the shit out of everything.

Offline tivx

• Beauty To My Ai's
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 09:00:20 PM »
oh hells yes! a SF thread!!! i've played every Street Fighter (the fighting ones not the puzzles and whatnots) or at least i think i have. i'm currently getting the UDON comics not sure if they're in english or not. damn if i hadn't have left my copy of Street Fighter Alpha at my cousin's i'd rip it :(

anyways it's great to have Street Fighter thread! :D

Shoryuken!!!!!

R.I.P. Kyle, already missing you man.........

Offline meowchi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 09:11:49 PM »
Hadouken!

Oh don't worry! If yours don't turn out to be english, I'll be uploading a bunch of Udon crapola anyway!

Iamabowl: Seriously! I remember I always used Chun-Li and just did her lightning kick the whole round. And I won sometimes!

Offline tivx

• Beauty To My Ai's
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2006, 09:24:05 PM »
:lol: i hated fighting people like that. nothing a Shakunetsu Hadouken can't take of though :D

something off of wiki

In the Udon Street Fighter comic, the writers take quite a few jabs at Ryu's aloofness. In that comic, he is unable to use the Internet, and when Ken gets him an e-mail address, he chooses boringryu@capcommunications.com with the password kenrulz for him. When Ken and Eliza shoot their wedding pictures with him as the best man, Ryu forgets to put on his shoes.

:lol:

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 09:25:33 PM »
Super Street Fighters 2 Turbo is still my all time favorite fighting game. I wonder if we could play SF2 online. I got roms of all SNES SF games. I just gotta find my old controller and I'm ready to kick ass!

Favorite character: Ryu  :yep:

Quote from: .:meowchi:.
Playing Street Fighter Alpha 3 makes me think back when I was in middle school and how I was the only girl who kicked ass with Ken.. Good ol' days..
My Ryu is gonna beat the shit out of yo' Ken, girl!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 09:28:35 PM by Masa »

Offline Shumatsu Samurai

• もっちぃ
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 09:25:35 PM »
Ah the memories... After the last Hello Morning I actually played again. *insert gaming emoticon* Super SF2 Turbo is the only reason I still have my 3DO. :lol:
I always played with all characters but somehow never got good with anyone other than Ryu...

Offline meowchi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2006, 09:32:04 PM »
Quote from: Masa
Super Street Fighters 2 Turbo is still my all time favorite fighting game. I wonder if we could play SF2 online. I got roms of all SNES SF games. I just gotta find my old controller and I'm ready to kick ass!

Favorite character: Ryu  :yep:

My Ryu is gonna beat the shit out of yo' Ken, girl!

Is that a challenge!? Bring it on Papa Smurf! We should play online using Kawaks/Final Burn one day... :lol:

We can play the arcade versions of SF! Like Street Fighter Alpha 3 in which I kick butt in!

tivx: :lol: can't wait to read these comics
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 09:35:44 PM by meowchi »

Offline tivx

• Beauty To My Ai's
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2006, 09:37:52 PM »
ya same here :)

damn seems like most of us use ryu, guess i'd use akuma or sakura :) damn it's been too long. and i'm talking like we're going to play online :lol: actually there is a site where you can challenge others online but i think you gotta pay

Offline meowchi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2006, 09:41:53 PM »
^ We can do it for free using Kailera ;) Arcade versions too.. Cps2 emulation rocks!

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2006, 09:43:36 PM »
Oh shit. Super Turbo ftmwmf. I used to play a lot when I was younger, but I quit cause I got tired of losing to my brother. Then two years ago, I got into playing fighting games seriously, but quit a few months ago. Now, I play a little, but I'm not cutthroat or anything. In SF2, I mostly just use Chun-Li, sometimes Guile and Dee Jay. In Alpha 3, I like Adon, Rolento, and Sodom.

Offline tivx

• Beauty To My Ai's
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2006, 09:46:37 PM »
Quote from: .:meowchi:.
^ We can do it for free using Kailera ;) Arcade versions too.. Cps2 emulation rocks!

:o tell us more

oh sweet a dee-jay user! man guile can be a pain in the ass when he's on the defense. :evil:

Offline meowchi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2006, 09:46:48 PM »
nice character roster Yoake! my top 3 are:

Ken
Sakura
Chun-Li

tivx: you don't know about cps2 roms and emulators? :O Even I do!

Offline tivx

• Beauty To My Ai's
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2006, 09:50:59 PM »
mine are hmmmm

Ryu
Akuma
Ken
(top 5)
Sakura
Charlie
:D

oh ya it's in english, if anyone that doesn't have it wants it
http://torrentspy.com/torrent/769773/Udon_Street_Fighter_Comics_Complete_Collection
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 10:01:12 PM by tivx »

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2006, 02:58:11 AM »
The fighting game that started it all. I used to play a lot of it after school. SF2 Turbo was my fave too, since it was the first one where the bosses were playable and there was a code in the SNES where you can increase the speed to 10 stars but the best one for me was SFA2. Initially, I used to use Guile but I practiced with the shotokan fighters and they were quite enjoayble to play with.

Those comics look awesome meowchi! I remember seeing some of those in one of the comic stores here. The Akuma one is badass!

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2006, 07:26:48 AM »
I didn't play SF2 Turbo much, but I played the Alpha series a lot. not so much now though
Alpha 3, I started using V-Charlie, and for casual play Sagat, Akuma, Rolento, Guy

anyone play 3rd Strike? I didn't really keep up when SF3 came out, but I got into it after watching the Daigo Umehara beast comeback match at Evolution 2004 :lol:
Anyway, I use Yun and Makoto

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2006, 07:29:04 AM »
I only started playing 3S a few months ago. I could never find anyone I liked. I used to use Alex, but now it's Elena. (Healing ftw:razz:) I haven't played in a while though, so I'd probably be droppin combos left and right.

Offline tivx

• Beauty To My Ai's
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2006, 07:03:44 PM »
just finished chapter 14

neeeeeed more

Offline Tanier

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2006, 02:48:20 AM »
HEHEHE memories... I still live and breathe street fighter... :D I finally finished the manga. I limited myself to one comic per day.
I'm backkkkkkkk

Offline Koolmon93

• Member+
  • Karaoke is srs bznz.
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2006, 04:41:50 AM »
Street Fighter Alpha Anthology pwns your soul.... Hyper Street Fighter Alpha!!! Cammy + 3S-ism = ownage... Ok enough l33t talk! I'm an avid fighting game player so I love Street Fighter...!!!!

*Set by Gypchan*

JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Mika Nakashima - Forget Me Not