JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: pukkey - Trapped Ocean

Author Topic: Official Golf Thread  (Read 29778 times)

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Official Golf Thread
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2008, 06:09:45 PM »
Miller apologizes in NBC statement for comments on Mediate

NEW YORK -- NBC Sports golf analyst Johnny Miller apologized for his description of U.S. Open runner-up Rocco Mediate , saying the comments had "absolutely nothing to do with his ethnicity."

Mediate, a 45-year-old Pennsylvanian of Italian heritage, held a one-stroke lead over Tiger Woods during the fourth round Sunday. Miller said Mediate "looks like the guy who cleans Tiger's swimming pool." He also said, "Guys with the name 'Rocco' don't get on the trophy, do they?"

"I apologize to anyone who was offended by my remarks," Miller said in a statement Friday through NBC. "My intention was to convey my affection and admiration for Rocco's everyman qualities and had absolutely nothing to do with his ethnicity. I chose my words poorly and in the future will be more careful."

Woods beat Mediate in a playoff that lasted 19 holes for his third U.S. Open title.

Sunday's fourth round on NBC drew a 7.5 national rating and 17 share. It was the highest rating for a U.S. Open since 2002 and a 17 percent increase over the 6.4 last year.

The first two hours of Monday's playoff drew the highest cable rating ever for golf with a 4.2 on ESPN. The rating is the percentage watching a program among homes with televisions, and the share is the percentage tuned into the broadcast among those households with TVs on at the time.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2008, 06:10:46 PM »
Love, Howell among PGA Tour players to undergo drug tests
From ESPN.com

BETHESDA, Md. -- In the 237 times Charles Howell III has teed it up on the PGA Tour, he never had a round end like today at the AT&T National. After signing for an even-par 70, he was handed a pink slip.

Howell was among the first players chosen for testing under the tour's Anti-Doping Program that went into effect this week.

The golfer from Augusta, Georgia, left the scoring area at about 5:45 p.m. and came back out to the putting green 40 minutes later. He was given a pink piece of paper showing that his sample was valid.

Howell said once he was sufficiently hydrated -- he had just spent nearly five hours at Congressional in temperatures in the low 90s -- it took about eight minutes.

Davis Love III of Sea Island, Georgia, also was tested, and Howell said Love had to go back downstairs to his locker to get his identification. The tour does not disclose who gets tested, although Howell figured he was not the first.

The National Center for Drug Free Sport, which administers the anti-doping program, is to notify the tour's administrator when the results have been analyzed.

Howell said earlier in the week he was tested every year when he played at Oklahoma State and doesn't expect any surprises in golf.
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: Official Golf Thread: Anthony "Freakin" Kim
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2008, 07:06:50 AM »
Ever since he "marion baber'd" some Euro Ian Poulter at the Ryder Cup to secure the US a win, been giving mad respects to US Golfer:
Anthony Kim

Dude has Swag. Heard him on The Jim Rome Show. When asked about his drunkeness last year while on tour he goes: "I was embarassing my family, I made stupid mistakes." Owns it. Makes up for it. He's not afraid, he will not be intimidated.

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3656119&categoryId=2630020

Look for him to be a huge star.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2009, 05:51:30 AM »
TIGER'S BACK!!

Quite a while now, but hey. Thimmy likes him. Mike Weir and Tiger are locked behind the leader Phil Mickelson at  World Golf Championships-CA Championship at the Doral Golf Resort & Spa on March 13, 2009 in Miami, Florida.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #73 on: August 17, 2009, 06:58:38 AM »
TIGER LOST!! :shocked:

to Korea's Y.E. Yang wins the 91st PGA Championship at the Hazeltine National Golf Club in Chaska, Minnesota on August 15, 2009.

Greatest Golf Upset? :shocked

Offline adventwriter

• Forever a Linlin wota.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2009, 07:09:28 AM »
All I have to say is that it is about time....

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2009, 12:15:59 PM »
It's really been a year of the underdog for Major winners. Y.E. Yang is the first Asian player to win a major championship so kudos to him.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #76 on: November 03, 2009, 09:09:38 AM »
He's next!! Ryo Ishikawa (?)

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2009, 03:37:39 PM »
TIGER WOODS WINS HIS 7TH STRAIGHT PGA TOURNAMENT!!!!!!

What a beast.

chou homo :P

He is tho, tearing Mickelson a new asshole in Shanghai.

Almost in Pink. I think Anthony Kim is someone you should check out. He had this wicked back spin shot the other week....cant find a tube video but he could prolly crush it with Hines Ward.

In the Bag: Anthony Kim

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2010, 07:21:03 AM »
amazing shot at the British Open!

Offline Assman

• aka 大光
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2012, 07:48:12 AM »
not only Tiger comes back but Taiwan's Yani Tseng wins Kia Classic

Gotta say, how can Hank Haney even show his face around after writing such a stupid book about Tiger? Afraid to eat Popsicles? Man if u watch his reality show, you a loser!

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: pukkey - Trapped Ocean