JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tanpopo - Oujisama To Yuki No Yoru

Author Topic: What Really Happened To Her  (Read 23264 times)

Offline shindoushiz

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • よっし!仕事へa go!まだ無いけど、しくしく
Re: What Really Happened To Her
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2007, 03:04:18 AM »
 :wahaha: Love Miki's outburst at her little playmate and her disgusted face making an appearance. After all her suffering, why would she care about who sees her supposedly treating another badly?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 03:05:02 AM by shindoushiz »

元気で行こう!
小川麻琴Dance Dance Suru no da!

Offline OTN1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2007, 09:09:37 AM »
She bought for Aya's birthday?  :mon cute:
Haha, not unless one wears a jacket in June in Japan.

You just gave me the strangest thought XD  It would be so much fun if there was a chapter on Eric hitting on Miki XD
  That is strange.  Why don't you tackle that one? :lol:

Offline OTN1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2007, 10:43:37 AM »
I think there's one more left after this.  Then it's a big break for me.

Why Concert Rehearsals are More Fun Than Concerts

"Move back!  Move back!" the dance instructor yelled.

Niigaki Risa and Yoshizawa Hitomi struggled to back up, but the dance step they were doing was bringing them forward where they were blocked off by Fujimoto Miki and Kusumi Koharu respectively.

"No!  Stop it!  Stop the music!"

The music was cut almost instantly, and the entire group stopped moving.  They assumed various states of repose and caught their breath as the main perpetrators of the reprehensible crime known as "making a mistake" stood straight as poles and still as stones.

"Niigaki!" the teacher barked.

"Yes!" Risa replied, ready for a scolding.

"Can you tell Fujimoto-san to stop horning in on your space?"

The entire group turned silent.  Was Miki the one that had done something wrong?  Risa said nothing, and looked back at the teacher, baffled.  Miki, in turn, stood up and looked upon the scene with a frown.

"Tell Fujimoto-san to get the hell out of your way."

He was completely serious.  He wanted Risa to speak such words to a girl that would hold it against her for the rest of her life. 

"I..." Risa tried, but she couldn't say anything either to counter the teacher's instructions or to chastise Miki.

"Tell her!!"

Miki turned to face Risa, crossing her arms and giving Risa a "just you dare and try" look.  Risa swallowed hard.

"W-why?" Risa asked the teacher.

"You have to learn to stand up for yourself.  You may have made mistakes, but Fujimoto-san should have been more observant of your situation and adjusted appropriately.  You need to be more aggressive.  Stand your ground.  Let people know that their inconsiderateness is affecting you.  So now I want to do an exercise in honesty.  Tell her what I told you to say."

Miki glared at the teacher, then at Risa, and then at Kamei Eri, who had apparently lost interest in the goings on and was wandering away from the group.

Risa turned her attention to Miki again and looked at her timidly.

"Fujimoto-san," she started, her voice a raspy whisper.

"Yeah?  What?"

As humiliating as it all was, nothing could keep Miki from being angry.

"I would, um, you know, appreciate it if you could, um, well, if you could possibly-"

"Say it like I said it!"

"Eep!  Get the hell out of my way!" Risa squeaked rapidly in fear.

Miki opened up her mouth to reply when there was a deafening noise in the hall.  Screeching feedback was heard by all from the speakers.

"What-" Miki started to ask, squeezing her eyes shut and gritting her teeth in pain.

Then the singing began. 

No, it wasn't singing.  It was yodelling.

Miki opened her eyes and saw that all the girls had left and walked towards the opposite end of the stage.  They were gathered around one of the microphones as horrifically sung enka blasted from the speakers.

Miki walked over cautiously, wondering what had caught her co-workers' attention.  She saw soon enough.  In front of the microphone was Eri.  She was belting out a Hikawa Kiyoshi song so dramatically that Miki cracked up upon seeing it.  Niigaki turned around and glared at the laughing girl and then turned back to watch Eri keenly.  In fact, the entire group looked spellbound by Eri's performance.

"Ha ha, very funny, Kamei," Miki snickered out loud, waiting to hear the other girls chime in with laughter.

Everyone - even Yoshizawa - turned around and glared at Miki before ignoring her and watching Eri.

"He's soooo cool!" the youngest girls gushed.

"I wish he would marry me!" the older girls chanted.

"What are you talking about?!" Miki yelled, suddenly realising what was going on.  "That's Eri.  She's one of our-"

"Be quiet!  You're just jealous because he'd never look twice at your prehistoric face," Koharu snapped.

"You little runt!" a furious Miki bellowed, launching herself at the insidious youngster.

Just then, Abe Natsumi came bounding onto the stage from the wings. 

"We've got trouble!!  We've got trouble, you idiot!!!  Trouble!"

She was wearing an old fishmonger's outfit and waving two plastic fish in the air.

Miki stopped in her tracks and sat down on the ground, defeated.

"What's the problem?!" Takahashi Ai cried, jumping away from the crowd of Eri admirers.

"Oh, officer!  You stupid moron!  Such big trouble!"

Ai grabbed Natsumi by the shoulders and tried to calm her down.

"Tell me what the matter is."

"You hag!  My husband is choking on New Year's mochi!  He's in big trouble, freak!"

Miki looked up.

"But it's not even November yet!  Why's he eating New Year's mochi?!" she yelled.

Nobody paid her any mind.

"That's terrible," Ai said sympathetically and with some alarm.  "Quick.  Somebody get the doctor and have her meet us at the fish shop."

Tanaka Reina was the one who responded to Ai.

"Yeah, sure.  Whatever," she said rudely, but she ran off supposedly to call upon the doctor as Ai and Natsumi ran off supposedly to go and rescue Natsumi's choking husband.

When Miki stood back up and turned around, she noticed that everyone was back in their positions.  Eri was no longer singing enka tunes, and some of the girls were looking at Miki strangely.

"Taking a break?" Yossi asked.

"B-but..." Miki complained.  "Where'd Tanaka and Ai-chan go?  And Abe-san...?"

"Abe-san?  She's not here today as far as I know," the leader frowned.

"The others probably just went to the washroom," Risa suggested.

"I..."

Miki decided that silence was her best option.

"Now let's get back to rehearsal, girls!" the teacher yelled as though there'd been no interruption.

Miki shook her head and got back into position, casting Eri a wary glance that the girl did not pick up on.

Something just wasn't right with the world.  Week after week, strange events plagued her.  The past few years had almost driven her crazy, and she was hanging on by a thin thread.  One more crazy character and she just might snap.

She took deep breaths in and tried to erase the memories of her co-workers' insane actions from her mind.  She settled herself under the blanket of the famous cool that was her trademark and continued on.

Offline Amarghetta

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • The likeness of a human
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2007, 12:24:25 PM »
Something just wasn't right with the world.  Week after week, strange events plagued her.  The past few years had almost driven her crazy, and she was hanging on by a thin thread.  One more crazy character and she just might snap.
Oh, that's what happened then. :lol:

Offline meowz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2007, 03:07:22 PM »
Hi, de-lurking cuz I've just gotta say this series has had me in stitches everytime I read it  XD

"Be quiet!  You're just jealous because he'd never look twice at your prehistoric face," Koharu snapped.
:on lol: I just love this  :twisted:

(And I like the following line too... "You little runt!" lol! I have a weird sense of humor)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2007, 11:38:22 PM »
She bought for Aya's birthday?  :mon cute:
Haha, not unless one wears a jacket in June in Japan.
Jacket? You had established that the gift was a bracelet. :?
* JFC goes to re-quote passage:
"What do you think about this bracelet?"

She pulled a small bag out of her purse and opened it, showing Asami a piece of jewellery.

"It's my friend's birthday next week," Miki said,
It was never specified what time of year it was when this happened, nor who the friend was that Miki was speaking about. It just made sense to think that it's Aya since there's a whole thing about the two of them and birthday presents. :P

"Niigaki!" the teacher barked.

"Yes!" Risa replied, ready for a scolding.

"Can you tell Fujimoto-san to stop horning in on your space?"

The entire group turned silent.  Was Miki the one that had done something wrong?  Risa said nothing, and looked back at the teacher, baffled.  Miki, in turn, stood up and looked upon the scene with a frown.

"Tell Fujimoto-san to get the hell out of your way."
This guy must be new. That's the only logical explanation for why he'd try to get Risa to do something absolutely SUICIDAL like that!
:OMG:

"You have to learn to stand up for yourself.  You may have made mistakes, but Fujimoto-san should have been more observant of your situation and adjusted appropriately.  You need to be more aggressive.  Stand your ground.  Let people know that their inconsiderateness is affecting you.  So now I want to do an exercise in honesty.  Tell her what I told you to say."
The first part of this is something most people would probably agree with, and in all likelihood, if it were ANYONE else, doing as the dance teacher is suggesting wouldn't be that big of a deal.

But yeah, this is Miki-sama we're talking about here. You don't tell Miki-sama to move out of your way. Hell, even politely ASKING her to do it would be risky (unless maybe you're Aya or Yossi or you agree to let her grope you non-stop whenever she wants in exchange :lol:).

Miki glared at the teacher, then at Risa, and then at Kamei Eri, who had apparently lost interest in the goings on and was wandering away from the group.
ERI! :on lol:

Eep!  Get the hell out of my way!" Risa squeaked rapidly in fear.

Miki opened up her mouth to reply when there was a deafening noise in the hall.  Screeching feedback was heard by all from the speakers.

"What-" Miki started to ask, squeezing her eyes shut and gritting her teeth in pain.

Then the singing began.

Miki walked over cautiously, wondering what had caught her co-workers' attention.  She saw soon enough.  In front of the microphone was Eri.  She was belting out a Hikawa Kiyoshi song so dramatically that Miki cracked up upon seeing it.
ERI'S KIYOSHI-SAMA! XD
* JFC half expects Konkon to run in wearing her happi jacket going "MY RABU!"
:rofl:

the entire group looked spellbound by Eri's performance.

"Ha ha, very funny, Kamei," Miki snickered out loud, waiting to hear the other girls chime in with laughter.

Everyone - even Yoshizawa - turned around and glared at Miki before ignoring her and watching Eri.

"He's soooo cool!" the youngest girls gushed.

"I wish he would marry me!" the older girls chanted.
OMGASS THEY'RE ALL FANGIRLING!!! :on lol:

"What are you talking about?!" Miki yelled, suddenly realising what was going on.  "That's Eri.  She's one of our-"

WTF KOHARU YOU GOT A DEATH WISH???  :mon scare:

Just then, Abe Natsumi came bounding onto the stage from the wings.

"We've got trouble!!  We've got trouble, you idiot!!!  Trouble!"

She was wearing an old fishmonger's outfit and waving two plastic fish in the air.

My husband is choking on New Year's mochi!  He's in big trouble, freak!"
NACCHI THE FISHMONGER'S WIFE!!!  :mon lmao:
She sure has a potty mouth, doesn't she?  :roll:

When Miki stood back up and turned around, she noticed that everyone was back in their positions.  Eri was no longer singing enka tunes, and some of the girls were looking at Miki strangely.

"Taking a break?" Yossi asked.

"B-but..." Miki complained.  "Where'd Tanaka and Ai-chan go?  And Abe-san...?"

"Abe-san?  She's not here today as far as I know," the leader frowned.

"The others probably just went to the washroom," Risa suggested.

"I..."

Miki decided that silence was her best option.

"Now let's get back to rehearsal, girls!" the teacher yelled as though there'd been no interruption.
So then, all this time, it's just been Miki daydreaming? Spacing out? Too much on her plate is giving her stress? :dunno:

This gives the title of this fic a WHOLE new meaning.  :hehehe:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline OTN1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2007, 12:33:31 PM »
Ah, JFC.  You've got balls to contend with me!  Hahaha, I'm joking.  You are right that the month/season is not stated explicitely, but when I mentioned a jacket, I was referring to this part:
Miki swore that the girl was not capable of showing a depressed face for more than thirty seconds.  She ran to her dresser, grabbed her bag and jacket, and ran back out.
from which you can infer that the weather outside is chilly, and thus definitely not June.

But it doesn't really matter. :lol:

Thanks, meowz.  My middle name is "the delurkerifier".  I had to think hard for 10 minutes to finally remember the word prehistoric.  Hahaha.  It was one of those moments where my brain shutdown and I couldn't have told you how to spell "cat".  I'm glad you aprpeciated it.

Amarghetta, JFC... well, the title of this thread was really just for the first story because it's a story of what really happened to Mako-chan.  This whole seemingly random but connected series of stories was never a plan until after the second or third story.  But the title could fit Miki's situation... when it's finally explained... hmmm...

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2007, 11:32:00 PM »
Ah, JFC.  You've got balls to contend with me!  Hahaha, I'm joking.  You are right that the month/season is not stated explicitely, but when I mentioned a jacket, I was referring to this part:
Miki swore that the girl was not capable of showing a depressed face for more than thirty seconds.  She ran to her dresser, grabbed her bag and jacket, and ran back out.
from which you can infer that the weather outside is chilly, and thus definitely not June.

But it doesn't really matter. :lol:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah...I see. :yep:

Offline ChiruChaCha

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • cuak!
« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2007, 09:18:44 PM »
Hey! I haven't commented on this because I've been busy but this series is great! I especially liked Rika's one, 'couse I could picture it in my head perfectly from having seen the same scene so many times xD (I have seen a batch of those not long ago). Takahashi's artwork impersonation is awesome too  XD

Offline OTN1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2007, 01:15:07 PM »
All the World's a Stage so Take a Bow

"Aya-chan, I swear the world's gone crazy.  We work with freaks."

"What do you mean by that?" laughed Matsuura Aya.

She secretly came to the conclusion that Miki was having one of her yearly breakdowns from stress.  Sometimes the girl took herself and her work a little too seriously, and this ended in massive disillusionment and disappointment, which were explosively expressed.

"Haven't you noticed everyone acting a little, um, strangely?" Miki asked tentatively.

Aya turned and looked at Miki to evaluate the meaning behind her words.  They were sitting on a couch in Aya's apartment, watching television and chatting.  The usual laid back thing to do on a low-key day off.

"Weird like how?"

Miki shrugged.

"None of the girls have been acting like themselves for a long time.  They all seem to be switching into these weird characters," Miki said, still reluctant to give out more information and explain the entire story to her friend.

At least not yet.

"Well, you know how tough and confusing growing up under this kind of pressure can be," Aya said with a pointed look.  "The girls are just getting a bit wild while looking for an outlet.  We both went through it."

Miki agreed, smiling and remembering their sillier days of horsing around.  Showbiz was difficult for young, adolescent girls.

But she was talking about something of a whole different calibre.  This wasn't simply about youngsters getting wild.  Besides, people older than her - people who had already been completely engulfed by the industry - were acting up.

"I know.  But I mean they've gone crazy.  I think there's a widespread epidemic of, uh, I don't know.  Dementia, or something.  I mean, it's almost as if they all have multiple personality syndrome.  No, that would actually be okay.  Their problem is that they have multiple weird personality syndrome."

Aya remained quiet and listened to Miki heat up.

"And furthermore, they all target me.  They gravitate towards me.  What did I ever do to them?  Did I ever rub stacks of ten-thousand yen bills in their noses or throw turds at them?  No!  So why do I get screamed at?  Why am I the one that has to pick up other people's messes and comfort the clinically depressed?  Why do I have to endure being caught in a fishing net or being lectured about marriage?  Why me!?"

Aya put a calming expression on her face and she stroked Miki's hair in a motherly way.

"It's okay, Miki-chan," she said comfortingly.  "We'll figure it out.  Why don't I go and make you some nice, hot tea and a snack?"

Miki pouted and nodded.  Aya got off the couch and went to the kitchen as Miki tried to compose herself.  She turned her attention to the TV.  There was a mid-afternoon talk show on.  She sat back and tried to relax.  She heard Aya tinkering about in the kitchen.  She took deep breaths and reassured herself that no matter what happened, she still had a handful of sane friends in whose homes she could seek refuge.

Suddenly, the picture on the TV screen was engulfed in static that lasted for about one second.  When the image re-emerged, it was different from what it had been before.  Now, a blue logo that simply said "News Bulletin" appeared on the screen.  Music indicating some sort of grand crisis occurring started to play, and the logo began to spin.  There was a cut to a news reporter as the music kept playing, its volume lowered significantly.

"We interrupt this program to bring you this breaking news."

Miki's jaw dropped.  She knew exactly who this "news reporter" was.

She's not even a news reporter! she thought angrily.

What was she doing on the air?  Was this some kind of prank?

"I'm Charmy Ishikawa, and I'm happy!" cheered the girl, flashing her trademark smile before quickly becoming solemn.  "But this is a serious situation."

"No.  No!  Get off the screen," Miki muttered, grabbing the remote control and changing the channel.

The next channel showed the same scene.  And the next.  And the next.  Miki threw the remote down and grabbed her head.

"This can't be true.  This can't be happening."

But it was.  She watched, hypnotised by Rika.

"...and that is all we know so far.  We now go straight to the scene of the action with special field reporter Elizabeth Kamei.  Elizabeth, are you there?"

Miki twitched.

Rika's image became a small box in the corner as a new image filled the screen.  The new image was that of an ordinary street corner.  The focus was on one establishment named "Ataare's Bar".  There was nobody on the screen.  Miki sighed partially in relief. Perhaps it had just been a mistake  A few wires had got crossed and something Rika was filming accidentally aired live.

"Good afternoon!" cried a cheerful voice.

A figure burst onto the scene.  She was wearing a frilly white and pink dress and holding a microphone in her hand.  Miki groaned in pain.  Eri stared into the camera with a big, cheesy grin on her face.

"I'm Elizabeth Kamei, field reporter!" she said by way of introduction, doing a spastic action with her arm and smiling some more into the camera before turning serious.  "I'm live at the scene of Ataare's Bar, where there's been a big happening!"

She burst into cheers before quieting down again.

"There seems to be a hostage situation inside this snack bar," she said, gesturing to the bar.  "We don't know many details yet, but we do know that this establishment belongs to a woman who is believed to be an immigrant.  Her name is Ataare Iida.  She also runs a psychic friends network that specialises in assisting people who have some sort of problem.  Oh!  Look!  Here she is now!  Miss Ataare!  Can we ask you a few questions?"

Miki watched in fascinated horror as Iida Kaori appeared on the screen wearing a black top and a long red skirt.  In her hand was a single long-stemmed red rose.

"I'm Ataare Iida.  How can I help you?" she asked, smiling into the camera with wide eyes.

Miki shuddered as Kaori received a three-second CGI title at the bottom of the screen.

"Miss, do you have any idea what's going on in your bar?" Eri asked, putting her microphone up to Kaori's mouth.

Kaori's face turned worried.

"There's something going on in my bar?  I just arrived to open up now."

Eri shoved Kaori out of the screen and spoke excitedly to the camera.

"Miss Ataare says she has no idea what's going on.  Is this really the reply of a so-called psychic?  Could we possibly have stumbled upon a scandal?  A psychic racket?!"

Kaori, who had appeared back on camera, pushed Eri out of the way.

"It's because I haven't done my routine yet," she explained, blinking rapidly several times and smiling calmly.

"Oh no," Miki groaned, knowing what was coming.

"What's wrong?" Aya asked, walking up to the couch.

Miki pointed at the screen passionately and beseeched Aya, "Look!  Look!"

Aya was about to turn her head and look at the TV when the kettle started whistling.

"Oh, hang on.  The water's boiling."

She rushed back to the kitchen.  Miki groaned again but quickly shut up and kept watching.

The camera had panned out to catch both girls on the screen.  Kaori was standing in the centre of the shot.  She took a step back and assumed a simple position holding her rose above her head.  Suddenly, she clapped her hands.

"Olé!" she cried out.

A colourfully dressed hippie wielding a guitar jumped out of nowhere and started a flamenco riff on his guitar.  Kaori began to twist and contort her body into various poses that were meant to be taken as some sort of Spanish dancing.  Even Miki knew enough to say that Kaori was a fraud and had never taken a lesson in her life.

Miki then took a closer look at the guitarist, receiving a shock.  Behind the tinted glasses was a familiar face.

"Kago-chan?!" Miki burst out.

But of course Aibon couldn't hear her.

When did Kago-chan learn to play the guitar so well? Miki wondered.

When Kaori tripped and fell to the floor, the music stopped.  However, Aibon kept going.  No sound emerged from her guitar, and it became evident that she'd been playing the air and not the strings.

"You phoney," Miki muttered as Aibon let the guitar slip from her hands, the instrument quickly being caught by the strap that held it on her shoulder.

"Oh.  Well," Aibon stated when the situation became apparent.

She walked off calmly and all the attention was focused back on Kaori.

"Are you okay?!" Eri asked in a panic.

Kaori, who was gripping her ankle in pain, raised a hand, followed by her head.  She looked directly at the camera.

"I've figured it out!" she declared passionately.

Excited, Eri jumped up and down.

"Oh oh oh!  Tell us!  What's going on in your bar?"

Kaori took her time standing up.  When she was on her two feet again, she looked at Eri enthusiastically.

"I've figured it out!" she repeated.

"Well?" Eri asked expectantly.

"It's-" Kaori took a step towards the camera as if to impart a secret that only the viewers were privy to hear.

Her expression seemed to cave in on itself.  The smile dropped from her face, replaced by a vacant look that leaned towards the sad side.  She sauntered off.

"B-but what is it?  What's happening?" questioned Eri, but in vain.

She received no response as Kaori slunk off, leaving behind a surprised and confused reporter.

Miki realised that she had been sitting on the edge of her seat, waiting for the reply.  She shook her head.

I'm not going to let them fool me.  They're behaving like idiots!

"Well, um, that's that," Eri said into the camera, fixing her bangs.

"Field reporter Elizabeth Kamei," Rika called out for the first time since Eri had started speaking.  "Can you get inside the building?"

Eri looked horrified.

"What if it's dangerous?" she asked.

"Don't be scared," Rika encouraged her.  "Be positive!  You won't get hurt!"

"Okay!" Eri cheered.

It was obvious to Miki how blindly Eri had just jumped into the task.  She watched as the camera followed Eri into the bar.  It was dark within.

"Well, there seems to be nothing notable here.  The bar is dark," Eri reported in a shaky whisper, voicing what was quite obvious.

She walked further in.

"Wait!" she hissed into her microphone.  "I can hear something coming from behind that door.  It seems to be a storage room."

"What the hell is this crap?" Miki asked angrily.  "Aya-chan, come in here quickly.  You'll see what I mean about our co-workers!"

Aya didn't reply, and Miki rolled her eyes.  What was Aya doing?  Holding a tea ceremony?

She continued to watch the screen, hoping that the police - the real police - would show up and arrest "Elizabeth".

"I'm at the door of the storage room," Eri whispered loudly into her mic, addressing the camera.  "I can hear a voice.  I'm going to open the door."

And so she did.  The storage room was narrow and filled with bags of rice, cans of food, and beer.  Bottles upon bottles of beer.  A solitary light bulb hung on the ceiling, swinging gently from side to side, its dim light casting spooky shadows on the wall.  On the floor was the most interesting thing: Okada Yui dressed in rags and holding a tiny stick in front of her.  She shivered as though cold.

"Please... buy a match," she pleaded softly, looking at Eri.

Eri jumped back, frightened to find a girl sitting on the floor of a storage closet.

"Huh?!"

"P-please," Yui said again in a tired voice.  "Buy a match, will you?"

Eri took a worried step back and shook her head.

"N-no thank you," she mumbled.

"So cold.  So... very c-cold," Yui whimpered.

She pulled her ragged shawl a little more tightly around her shoulders and sneezed twice.

"So hungry.... Buy a match..."

Eri backed away bit by bit until she was clear of the door.  She closed it quickly.

"Moving along!" she said in a nervously cheerful tone.

She steered the camera's focus away from the closet and faced the kitchen.

"I can see light coming from there," she whispered, pointing to the kitchen door. "Let's investigate!"

She crept up and yanked the door open, no concern for dangerous hostage-takers.

What was inside the kitchen proved to be far more terrifying than any terrorist or kidnapper.  At least to Miki.  In the small kitchen were girls.  Familiar girls all decked out in various costumes ranging from ridiculous to elaborate to ordinary.  The group of girls was gathered together in the middle of the room.  Miki wondered if the real owners of the bar were aware that a gaggle of psychotic teenagers had taken over their property.

On the screen, Eri approached the girl closest to her.

"Excuse me, sir," she said to a yanki-type wearing a dishevelled, baggy school uniform.

"What the hell do you want?" the boy asked, glaring into the camera.

"Maki-chan," Miki groaned.  "Aya!  Get out here quick!"

"What's your name?" Eri asked timidly, shrinking back from the scary Maki.

"Me?" Maki asked, looking into the camera again.  "Ayanokouji Warumaro."

She ripped her jacket open to reveal her supposed given name written on her non-school-issue t-shirt.

"And what are you doing here?" Eri asked, now terrified out of her wits.

"I'm here to stop The Boss from fucking with us!" Maki yelled, moving right up to the camera lens.  "We got dis one bitch tryin' to control our lives.  We're bringin' her down!"

There came a loud whoop from the crowd, and another yanki-type peeled off from the group.

Curly brown hair, sunglasses, school uniform fixed to reveal an improper amount of leg, and far too much makeup.

"A-and who are you?" the quivering field reporter asked.

"Don't fuck with me!" Asami Konno yelled, chewing her gum noisily.

She turned her head to look into another camera that was miraculously there and tuned into the broadcast signal.

"Don't fuck with me!" she repeated, and then she looked back at the original camera to yell, "Go to hell!"

Maki came over and draped an arm over Asami's shoulder.

"This is my girlfriend," she said.

"Ah, I see," Eri intoned politely.

"What?!" bellowed Miki.

She jumped to her feet.

"You do not have a girlfriend, Maki.  You don't!" she yelled at the TV.  "And why have you corrupted Kon-chan?"

"Yeah.  What's it to you?" Asami asked Eri, of course unable to hear Miki's explosively angry statements.

Asami gave Eri an intimidating look, making Eri shy away, caving in over her microphone.

"Nothing," she mumbled.

Satisfied to have scared Eri, Asami stepped back and looked up at Maki.

"Reporters!" she laughed.

"Yeah, tell me about it," Maki replied with a gruff chuckle.

The two walked out of the view of the camera.  Eri was visibly relieved.  The colour returned to her face.

"Well, that was interesting," she said to the camera.  "Now lets see who else is here and just exactly who this Boss is that they're trying to topple."

Eri reached out, grabbed two people, and pulled them in front of the camera.

Takahashi Ai, wearing a yellow hat and a blue smock, immediately started to cry.

"Mommyyyy!"

Eri laughed nervously and pushed Ai away, focusing her attention on the other person.

"Poor thing," the subject in question muttered, her face obscured by a supermarket flyer.  "But can you believe this sale?  Three yen off of all heads of cabbage tomorrow morning only.  Amazing, isn't it?"

Eri didn't reply, and after a moment of silence, the flyer was lowered.

"Isn't it?" Abe Natsumi repeated.

"Um, yes.  Yes, it is," Eri agreed robotically.

Natsumi smiled, adjusting her glasses and smoothing out her apron.

"And starting this afternoon at three, tofu will be sold at a five yen discount if you purchase two or more packs!"

"That's wonderful!" Eri cheered, getting back into character.  "Now tell me: what are you doing here?"

"Here?" Natsumi asked.

Eri nodded.

"We're here to defeat an evil woman who has poisoned us all."

"I see," Eri said.  "And who is this woman?"

But Natsumi did not reply.  She wandered off the scene, her nose stuck in her discount flyer as she muttered about the spectacular sales.

"The plot thickens!" Eri announced dramatically into her microphone.  "Newscaster Charmy, are you still with us?"

Rika's picture increased in size.

"Yes, field reporter Elizabeth.  I'm here watchi-"

"Okay!" Eri interrupted.  "Let's see who else we can talk to!"

Rika's image shrank once again, and the audio was cut, leaving the girl to look rather silly talking to herself.

Miki rested her forehead in her hands.

"Somebody call the police," she muttered.  "Aya!  Call the police!"

"What?  Stop exaggerating," came the reply from the bedroom.

For some reason, Aya had left the kitchen and gone to her bedroom.  Miki didn't ask why.

On the screen, Eri was searching for the next interviewee to choose from the mêlée, but the next two stars of this ridiculous newsflash decided to choose Eri before she could choose them.

A panda and a sheep cornered her against a wall.

"Meeeh," the sheep brayed.

The panda: "..."

"Eh, um, uh, hello, Mr. Panda and Mr. Sheep," Eri greeted nervously.

"Mehhh.  What are you dooooing here?  Mehh," Tsuji Nozomi asked, turning her headpiece-covered head to the camera.

"I'm trying to find out what the commotion here in Ataare's Bar is.  Who is this mysterious woman you're trying to overthrow?"

The panda suddenly threw its arms around Eri, who gave a little shriek of surprise.  The panda slumped over Eri's shoulder and stayed there.  Miki thought she could hear snoring.  It must've been picked up by that dreadfully hidden boom mic that poked down from the top of the screen.

"Get off of me!" Eri screeched, pushing the panda off her.

She may have looked like a weak little girl, but she was strong.  The panda fell to the ground and stayed there, unmoving.  Michishige Sayumi, wearing a police uniform, pushed through the crowd and dropped to her knees to inspect the panda.

"This panda is not well!" she cried, grabbing the "panda's" buttocks and shaking it.

A hand shot up and clocked Sayumi in the face.  The panda didn't appreciate being touched like that.  Miki let her guard down for just a moment and snickered.  She then sobered up and kept watching.

"Oooh, we have to take this panda to see the doctor," Sayumi declared.

Just then, a doctor appeared on the screen.  But it wasn't a doctor.  It was Kaori.  She had changed out of her dance costume and was now wearing a doctor's lab coat, her eyebrows taped to point upwards, her eyes shut to tiny slits.  It had the effect of making her looking heavily drugged and uninterested.

"Doctor, what's wrong with the panda?" Sayumi asked.

"I dunno," Kaori replied airily.

"Well, check up on him," Sayumi ordered (cutely).

"Well, okay," Kaori sighed.

She kneeled down and placed a stethoscope on Reina's back.

"I don't hear anything," she declared, starting to get up.

"But you're not even wearing that... um, whatchamacallit thing in your ears!" Sayumi cried.

Kaori looked at her stethoscope eartips and sighed.

"Oh."

She put them in and repeated her actions.

"He's alive," she said after one second.

"But how can you tell fro-"

"I'm tired.  Bye."

And with that, Kaori stood up and sauntered out of the camera's field of view.

The panda then rolled up and walked away.

"Charmy," Eri said, addressing the camera.  "The panda seems to be okay.  The doctor appears to have been successful in reviving him.  The doctor looks famous.  Like someone I know... But no matter.  Let's try and find out what's going on here."

Nono the sheep started to bah and prance around the screen.  Eri pushed the wild girl aside, and that was that.

"Wasn't that interesting?" she asked the camera with a smile.

"No, it was not.  It was weird," Miki muttered.

"Oh, the crowd is thinning out.  I can see the centre!" Eri announced, jumping to try and see over taller girls' heads.  "I'm going to make my way into the centre."

She pushed into the crowd as various characters called out familiar phrases.

"How did you know that?!"

"Tomeko!!!"

"I'll be frank with you."

"Ooooh ho ho ho ho ohhhh ho ho ho oooooh ho ho ho!"

"Ug.  Can I, like, take your order?"

After fighting through a contingent of crazed characters, Eri arrived at the goal.

Miki gasped in horror at what could be seen.

Seated on a chair was someone - a girl was what it appeared to be from her colourful and girlish clothing - with a potato sack over her head.  Her legs were tied to the two front legs of the chair and her hands were presumably tied together behind her.  She was squirming, and faint, muffled sounds could be heard from under the potato sack, leading Miki to assume that the girl had also been gagged to prevent her from making too much noise.

"Oh my god!" Miki cried out.

No amount of cool character could stop her from reacting to the sight.

"They've crossed the line.  They've kidnapped a civilian.  Aya-chan, see?  This is why we have to call the police!"

On the screen, Miki watched Eri study the prisoner and then grab the closest girl to her.

"Excuse me, but who is this girl?"

Takahashi Ai, now dressed in a nurse's outfit and holding a clipboard, looked at Eri with a pleasant smile.

"She's..." she started but trailed off, her face falling into a sad, tortured expression.  "She's..."

Unable to bear the pain of saying the name of the girl, Ai began to cry.  She walked away quickly, clutching her clipboard to her chest and trying to control her sobbing.

"It appears I've encountered an unstable nurse!" Eri smiled into the camera and reaching her hand out to grab another girl.

"Excuse me, but who is this girl?"

Asami Konno, wearing a fake long nose and a silly cap, looked at Eri with wide eyes.

"This girl is the Princess of Neverland," she said.

And then her nose grew.

"What?!  How?!" Miki screamed.

"You're lying to me!" Eri accused.  "Tell me the truth!"

"Oh, okay," Asami replied, looking glum.  "She's the most hideous and dangerous girl in the world.  She's the epitome of evil and the absolute worst scum you will ever find in this universe..."

Asami's nose didn't grow, which put both Eri and Miki on the edge.

"Her name..."

The suspense grew.

"Her name?" Eri asked.

"Her name..." Miki breathed.

"Her name is-"

And just then, the captive girl, still tied up, threw her head back, whipped the potato sack off, and spit out the handkerchief that had been stuffed into her mouth.

"I'm Kemeko!!"

Miki began to scream and hit her head.  Everyone at "Ataare's Bar" began to scream, yell, shout, and run around like headless chickens.

Yasuda Kei, huge red swirl marks painted on her cheeks and a pout that could put any old grandma's puckered up lips to shame, held her head up in triumph.

"Untie me!  I'll tell my mommy if you don't!"

Miki stopped hurting herself and watched the proceedings.  The tight crowd had suddenly dispersed, giving Kei a wide berth.  Funny enough, the yanki girls stood at the outer end of the crowd while the inner end was occupied by various other characters of significantly weaker-looking stature.  Everyone, however, was trembling.

"We ain't lettin' you go," Maki the badass yelled in a gruff but shaking voice.  "You're a pain in the ass."

"Don't talk to her!" Makoto shrilled in a voice as high as the price her gaudy and complicated dress looked.  "It'll only encourage her to speak more!  Ohohoho!"

"Wh-what do you plan to do with her?" Eri asked.

Nobody answered.  They all looked down to the floor and avoided eye contact.  The lights fell, and an eerie red-tinged illumination came from above.  A person pushed her way through the crowd.

"Oooh, we'll tell you what we're going to do with her, but you have to promise not to stop us," Yoshizawa Hitomi said, two little devil's horns bouncing on springs attached to a headband on her head.

She wore a black cloak and had a moustache painted onto her face.

"I-I promise," Eri stammered.

"Excellent," the devilish girl cackled.  "We're going to sacrifice her to the God of Music and Theatre."

There was a pause.

"What the hell is a God of Music and Theatre?  What kind of drugs are you on, Yocchan?  Tell me what kind!" Miki yelled angrily at the ridiculous claims of the girl she thought was her friend.

But the claims seemed to become slightly less ridiculous and a tad more dangerous when Yossi produced a sharp looking knife from her robes.

"Oh..." Miki trailed off, not able to find profanity effective enough to communicate her fear.

"In twenty-five minutes, when the clock strikes twelve noon, we will have ourselves a merry little ceremony."

Everyone began to cackle maniacally except for Eri, who smiled brightly and obliviously, and Kemeko, who started to cry.

"Mommy!  I want my mommy!  You can't do this to me!"

Miki watched in a daze as Eri thanked the group of girls and made her way out of the bar, surfacing to find a bright, sunny street.

"And that's what's happening at Ataare's Bar just in front of Sakanaya Station," Eri said.  "This has been field reporter Elizabeth Kamei.  Now back to you in the studio, Charmy."

The camera panned out and showed just exactly where the bar was.

"I know that place," Miki gasped.

She jumped up, grabbed her wallet and phone, and ran to the door.  Aya, who was just walking out of her bedroom, saw Miki leaving.

"Oh, sorry I took so long.  I spilled water all over myself and had to chang-"

"GoingtosaveKeibyeAya!" Miki called out to the girl in one breath, and she slammed the door before she could hear any reply.

"Twenty-five minutes.  Sakanaya station.  Twenty-five minutes..." Miki mumbled to herself, her mantra to inspire her to run more quickly.

She knew that Sakanaya station was only two stations away from where she was at the moment.  If everything worked out smoothly, she'd be able to get there in time to save Kei.

"I can't believe they're going to kill her.  Those idiots.  Who the hell do they think they are?  When I get there, I'ma beat them to little pulps," the girl grumbled under her breath as she waited for the train, drawing odd looks from those around her.  "Think they can ruin my life for months.  Years!  Years.  Always talking to me and bothering me and telling me to get married or give them money or whatever."

The train came within two minutes, and Miki jumped on, tapping her foot impatiently.  An elderly woman standing next to her shot her an annoyed look.

Oh, I'm sorry if I've ruined your life by tapping my foot, Miki thought sarcastically.  I'm just going to save my co-worker's life.  Don't pay attention to me.

On the outside, she ignored the woman and kept on tapping.

"Sakanaya station.  Sakanaya station," the conductor announced.

Miki was off as soon as the doors had opened enough for her to squeeze through sideways.  She careened up the stairs, pushing men, women, toddlers, yakuza, and elderly men aside without consideration of their feelings.  Once she reached the only exit of the small station, she barrelled out, jumping over the ticket gate since stopping to put her ticket into the machine would take up precious time.

"Hey, excuse me!" the station attendant called out after her.  "Come back!"

Miki ignored and ran towards the bar.

"I'll give you my ticket later, you dolt," she muttered.

She caught sight of the bar.  Eri's camera crew didn't seem to be around.  The entrance was dark, no lights coming from inside.  Miki tried the door, and surprisingly, it opened.   She would have thought it would be locked for the sacrifice.  The main seating area was dark.  She crept through quickly, chills running down her back.  An innocent girl was about to be murdered by her own co-workers.

"Don't think about it.  Just stop it," she willed herself in a whisper.

She walked by the storage closet that Eri had opened up earlier, and on second thought, she stopped and backed up.  She reached out and opened the closet carefully, expecting to see Yui in rags. 

Instead, she saw nothing but preserved food, rice, and beer bottles.

"She must've joined the others," Miki concluded aloud.

She closed the door and kept walking to the back room where she knew she'd catch the group of wild girls.  Before entering, she grabbed the only weapon she could find - a salt shaker and a fistful of disposable chopsticks.  She then took a deep breath and yanked the door open, crying out.

"Ruwaaa!  Get away from her!!"

She jumped in, waving her makeshift weapons around and was greeted by three shocked pairs of eyes.  An old man with a bald head and wearing work gloves, a middle-aged woman wearing an apron and a handkerchief on her head, and a little boy not more than ten years old all studied Miki.  They were seated on stools and discussing something over a folder full of papers that looked like bills.

Everyone held their position for ten seconds.  Nobody dared move or say a thing until the child spoke.

"Mommy, look at the crazy lady."

This broke the ice.

"Who are you?  What do you think you're doing here?" the woman asked, her kind appearance belying her sharp tongue.

"I... came to... save... Yasuda-san..." Miki said weakly.

"Who?" the elderly man asked, cleaning out his ear with the tip of his finger and squinting.

"I- this place... it-it was just on the news.  There was a girls- a gang- a gang of girls.  And th-they were going to kill... someone..."

The man and the woman looked around the quiet room that Miki had seen full of crazy people not fifteen minute ago.

"You must have the wrong place," the woman said acerbically, pointing to the door.  "Get out."

Deflated, Miki turned around and walked to the door, getting the message.

"Come here like that again and we'll call the police," the woman threatened her.

"Yes, m'am," Miki said, utterly defeated.

Where were the girls?  Where was Kei?  Had they moved locations?  This was definitely the right place.  Everything down to the storage closet was exactly as how she'd seen it on the television.

Miki left the bar.  Once she got up to the street, she was lost.  She didn't know where to go, what to do, and who to talk to.  She suspected that nobody would ever believe her story of Rika and Eri appearing on television for their own little psychotic news flash story.  To her, it felt like she was all alone in a crowded room.  The only thing that would make her feel less helpless would be if she wasn't in a crowded room.

She had no time to think of her plan.  It just seemed to come to her as if divinely inspired.

She reached her hand out and grabbed the wrist of an unsuspecting man passing by.  She didn't even look at his face.

"Excuse me, but would you please go on a date with me?" she asked.

The man - he looked to be a youngish thirty - took one look at her and nodded.

"Yu-huh."

"Good," Miki said, linking her arm around the man's.  "You drive?"

"Uh huh," the salivating gentleman nodded vigorously.

"Good.  Take me to... hmmm... What's near here?"

"Urhuhuhuoo," the man grunted, shrugging his shoulders to indicate he didn't know.

"How cute.  You speak Neanderthal," she said with a fake smile.

The man beamed.

"All right, then.  Take me to Ebisu."

"Yu-huh!"

A few days, pictures, articles, and a whole lot of uproar later, Miki was finally free of the wretched job that had slowly turned her cool mind into a puddle of frazzled nerves.  She was free of her more immediate co-workers.

By the way, she still has incidents these days.  Sometimes, when the girls see her or she's around the office doing penance for the atrocity of allowing herself to be caught out on a date (a most hideous crime indeed), they get all weird on her, imagining they're other people.  This is why she's rarely seen in contact with them.  Every time Tsunku, her boss, is about to give her another chance to get back out into the field, she makes sure to go on very visible dates with the man she hired right off the street that day she broke.  She pays him in... well, you don't really need to know that.  Could be in apples, could be in groceries, could be in Euros.  Or perhaps something more untoward.  Let's just say that he's happy to be her little lap dog for days in a row.

And that is what happened to her.

The End
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 09:12:22 AM by OTN1 »

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2007, 08:44:52 PM »
Wow, I haven't giggled that hard in a while. Poor Miki, though.
And the icing on the cake:
"Urhuhuhuoo," the man grunted, shrugging his shoulders to indicate he didn't know.

Offline Grisours

• Koi no Mega Lover
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • =3
« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2007, 10:11:13 PM »
Ohhhh now I get the title!
the characters were really weird sometimes, but this last(?) one really won at weirdness... they all got together and went crazy lol... and when the tied-up girl appeared, I got kinda scared of the situation, but when she was revealed I laughed...
what got me really excited was the "aya-not-seeing-the-tv-show" thing... but not only her, it looks like no one but Miki got to watch it! that's reaaaaally crazy, if it is true...  :lol:
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 10:12:12 PM by Grisours »

Offline shindoushiz

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • よっし!仕事へa go!まだ無いけど、しくしく
« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2007, 10:45:08 PM »
Yay! I recognized all those characters and places.  It was very exciting to see the mesh of characters in the same scene.  Nice translations to English with everyone's phrases.  It would be even more whack if Miki saw herself in the TV report.  Aya-chan takes sooooo long...look what happened to your best friend because you didn't watch the TV! Tsunku should have a father to daughter talk with Miki, she's just not getting better. :lol:  Maybe she'll really lose herself and become Hecate.

元気で行こう!
小川麻琴Dance Dance Suru no da!

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2007, 03:32:22 AM »
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NEW CRACK FROM OTN1!!! :rockon:

"Aya-chan, I swear the world's gone crazy.  We work with freaks."

"What do you mean by that?" laughed Matsuura Aya.

She secretly came to the conclusion that Miki was having one of her yearly breakdowns from stress.  Sometimes the girl took herself and her work a little too seriously, and this ended in massive disillusionment and disappointment, which were explosively expressed.
Yearly breakdowns? You'd think after the first couple she/they would have come up with a way for Miki to vent that didn't endanger anyone.

"Well, you know how tough and confusing growing up under this kind of pressure can be," Aya said with a pointed look.  "The girls are just getting a bit wild while looking for an outlet.  We both went through it."

Miki agreed, smiling and remembering their sillier days of horsing around.
They did? Damn, now I'm curious. :P

"And furthermore, they all target me.  They gravitate towards me.  What did I ever do to them?  Did I ever rub stacks of ten-thousand yen bills in their noses or throw turds at them?  No!
Ummmm...actually...
  Po poooooooooooooooo~! >D

Miki tried to compose herself.  She turned her attention to the TV.  There was a mid-afternoon talk show on.  She sat back and tried to relax.  She heard Aya tinkering about in the kitchen.  She took deep breaths and reassured herself that no matter what happened, she still had a handful of sane friends in whose homes she could seek refuge.
At least Aya doesn't have any characters from the H!M skits that she could lapse into. :D

Suddenly, the picture on the TV screen was engulfed in static that lasted for about one second.  When the image re-emerged, it was different from what it had been before.  Now, a blue logo that simply said "News Bulletin" appeared on the screen.  Music indicating some sort of grand crisis occurring started to play, and the logo began to spin.  There was a cut to a news reporter as the music kept playing, its volume lowered significantly.

"We interrupt this program to bring you this breaking news."

Miki's jaw dropped.  She knew exactly who this "news reporter" was.
Eh? Don't tell me the TV was showing "Ayaya NEWS"! XD

"I'm Charmy Ishikawa, and I'm happy!" cheered the girl, flashing her trademark smile before quickly becoming solemn.

We now go straight to the scene of the action with special field reporter Elizabeth Kamei.  Elizabeth, are you there?"

Miki twitched.
Oh...crap! :on lol:

"Oh no," Miki groaned, knowing what was coming.

"What's wrong?" Aya asked, walking up to the couch.

Miki pointed at the screen passionately and beseeched Aya, "Look!  Look!"
Oooooooooooooooooh, now if Aya sees the same thing Miki's seeing, then we'll know that Miki-sama's not losing her mind. :hee:

Aya was about to turn her head and look at the TV when the kettle started whistling.

"Oh, hang on.  The water's boiling."

She rushed back to the kitchen.  Miki groaned again but quickly shut up and kept watching.
But of course, fate isn't that kind. :wahaha:

A colourfully dressed hippie wielding a guitar jumped out of nowhere and started a flamenco riff on his guitar. 
Aibon? :?

Miki then took a closer look at the guitarist, receiving a shock.  Behind the tinted glasses was a familiar face.

"Kago-chan?!" Miki burst out.

But of course Aibon couldn't hear her.

When did Kago-chan learn to play the guitar so well? Miki wondered.
IT IS AIBON!!!  :rofl:

Anyway, at this point Miki MUST be dreaming/hallucinating. After all, Aibon...playing guitar...and doing it WELL???

When Kaori tripped and fell to the floor, the music stopped.  However, Aibon kept going.  No sound emerged from her guitar, and it became evident that she'd been playing the air and not the strings.

"You phoney," Miki muttered as Aibon let the guitar slip from her hands, the instrument quickly being caught by the strap that held it on her shoulder.

"Oh.  Well," Aibon stated when the situation became apparent.
Nevermind.  :roll:

"I've figured it out!" she repeated.

"Well?" Eri asked expectantly.

"It's-" Kaori took a step towards the camera as if to impart a secret that only the viewers were privy to hear.

Her expression seemed to cave in on itself.  The smile dropped from her face, replaced by a vacant look that leaned towards the sad side.  She sauntered off.
Eh?

"What the hell is this crap?" Miki asked angrily.  "Aya-chan, come in here quickly.  You'll see what I mean about our co-workers!"

Aya didn't reply, and Miki rolled her eyes.  What was Aya doing?  Holding a tea ceremony?
She vanish off somewhere? :dunno:

"I'm at the door of the storage room," Eri whispered loudly into her mic, addressing the camera.  "I can hear a voice.  I'm going to open the door."

On the floor was the most interesting thing: Okada Yui dressed in rags and holding a tiny stick in front of her.  She shivered as though cold.

"Please... buy a match," she pleaded softly, looking at Eri.

*Maki's "Ayanokouji Warumaro", Yankii Konkon, Kindergartener Aichan, Mama Nacchi*
:dizzy:

"Now tell me: what are you doing here?"

"Here?" Natsumi asked.

Eri nodded.

"We're here to defeat an evil woman who has poisoned us all."
Evil woman? Poisoned them? :?

Oh please don't tell me they're all INTENTIONALLY acting all whacko to drive Miki nuts.  :banghead:

On the screen, Eri was searching for the next interviewee to choose from the mêlée, but the next two stars of this ridiculous newsflash decided to choose Eri before she could choose them.

A panda and a sheep cornered her against a wall.

"Meeeh," the sheep brayed.

The panda: "..."

"Eh, um, uh, hello, Mr. Panda and Mr. Sheep," Eri greeted nervously.
Hitotsuji Tsuji and Reina Panda!

The panda fell to the ground and stayed there, unmoving.  Michishige Sayumi, wearing a police uniform, pushed through the crowd and dropped to her knees to inspect the panda.

"This panda is not well!" she cried, grabbing the "panda's" buttocks and shaking it.

A hand shot up and clocked Sayumi in the face.  The panda didn't appreciate being touched like that.  Miki let her guard down for just a moment and snickered.  She then sobered up and kept watching.

"Oh, the crowd is thinning out.  I can see the centre!" Eri announced, jumping to try and see over taller girls' heads.  "I'm going to make my way into the centre."

After fighting through a contingent of crazed characters, Eri arrived at the goal.

Miki gasped in horror at what could be seen.

Seated on a chair was someone - a girl was what it appeared to be from her colourful and girlish clothing - with a potato sack over her head.  Her legs were tied to the two front legs of the chair and her hands were presumably tied together behind her.  She was squirming, and faint, muffled sounds could be heard from under the potato sack, leading Miki to assume that the girl had also been gagged to prevent her from making too much noise.
Oh crap...H!M skit character revolt! :o

"Oh my god!" Miki cried out.

No amount of cool character could stop her from reacting to the sight.

"They've crossed the line.  They've kidnapped a civilian.  Aya-chan, see?  This is why we have to call the police!"
Is Aya still there? I've got a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad feeling about this. :scared:

"She's the most hideous and dangerous girl in the world.  She's the epitome of evil and the absolute worst scum you will ever find in this universe..."

"Her name?" Eri asked.

"Her name..." Miki breathed.

"Her name is-"

And just then, the captive girl, still tied up, threw her head back, whipped the potato sack off, and spit out the handkerchief that had been stuffed into her mouth.

"I'm Kemeko!!"
OH FOR FU-...

"Wh-what do you plan to do with her?" Eri asked.

Nobody answered.  They all looked down to the floor and avoided eye contact.  The lights fell, and an eerie red-tinged illumination came from above.  A person pushed her way through the crowd.

"Oooh, we'll tell you what we're going to do with her, but you have to promise not to stop us," Yoshizawa Hitomi said, two little devil's horns bouncing on springs attached to a headband on her head.

She wore a black cloak and had a moustache painted onto her face.
Of course...

"Excellent," the devilish girl cackled.  "We're going to sacrifice her to the God of Music and Theatre."

There was a pause.

"What the hell is a God of Music and Theatre?  What kind of drugs are you on, Yocchan?  Tell me what kind!" Miki yelled angrily at the ridiculous claims of the girl she thought was her friend.

But the claims seemed to become slightly less ridiculous and a tad more dangerous when Yossi produced a sharp looking knife from her robes.

"Oh..." Miki trailed off, not able to find profanity effective enough to communicate her fear.

"In twenty-five minutes, when the clock strikes twelve noon, we will have ourselves a merry little ceremony."
Oh shit...:stunned:

The camera panned out and showed just exactly where the bar was.

"I know that place," Miki gasped.

She jumped up, grabbed her wallet and phone, and ran to the door.  Aya, who was just walking out of her bedroom, saw Miki leaving.

"Oh, sorry I took so long.  I spilled water all over myself and had to chang-"

"GoingtosaveKeibyeAya!" Miki called out to the girl in one breath, and she slammed the door before she could hear any reply.
Okay...either Miki's going to find them all there, and completely flip out at them, or she's going to show up and find NO ONE there...at which point she'll completely flip out and likely continue with her "they're driving me crazy" ranting.

She caught sight of the bar.  Eri's camera crew didn't seem to be around.  The entrance was dark, no lights coming from inside.  Miki tried the door, and surprisingly, it opened.   

She walked by the storage closet that Eri had opened up earlier, and on second thought, she stopped and backed up.  She reached out and opened the closet carefully, expecting to see Yui in rags.

Instead, she saw nothing but preserved food, rice, and beer bottles.

"She must've joined the others," Miki concluded aloud.
That is...if she and the others were really there to being with.  :k-crazy:

She closed the door and kept walking to the back room where she knew she'd catch the group of wild girls.  Before entering, she grabbed the only weapon she could find - a salt shaker and a fistful of disposable chopsticks.  She then took a deep breath and yanked the door open, crying out.

"Ruwaaa!  Get away from her!!"

She jumped in, waving her makeshift weapons around and was greeted by three shocked pairs of eyes.  An old man with a bald head and wearing work gloves, a middle-aged woman wearing an apron and a handkerchief on her head, and a little boy not more than ten years old all studied Miki.  They were seated on stools and discussing something over a folder full of papers that looked like bills.

Miki left the bar.  Once she got up to the street, she was lost.  She didn't know where to go, what to do, and who to talk to.  She suspected that nobody would ever believe her story of Rika and Eri appearing on television for their own little psychotic news flash story.  To her, it felt like she was all alone in a crowded room.  The only thing that would make her feel less helpless would be if she wasn't in a crowded room.

She had no time to think of her plan.  It just seemed to come to her as if divinely inspired.

She reached her hand out and grabbed the wrist of an unsuspecting man passing by.  She didn't even look at his face.

"Excuse me, but would you please go on a date with me?" she asked.
Oh you've GOT to be kidding me... :mon huh:

Take me to... hmmm... What's near hear?"

The man beamed.

A few days, pictures, articles, and a whole lot of uproar later, Miki was finally free of the wretched job that had slowly turned her cool mind into a puddle of frazzled nerves.  She was free of her more immediate co-workers.
But what about Ayaya?  :cry:

By the way, she still has incidents these days.  Sometimes, when the girls see her or she's around the office doing penance for the atrocity of allowing herself to be caught out on a date (a most hideous crime indeed), they get all weird on her, imagining they're other people.  This is why she's rarely seen in contact with them.  Every time Tsunku, her boss, is about to give her another chance to get back out into the field, she makes sure to go on very visible dates with the man she hired right off the street that day she broke. 

And that is what happened to her.
Well...works for me...I guess.

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
  • Forever in love with the turtle and the hare
« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2007, 09:17:17 AM »
That was an awesome conclusion!  At the end I was like Ah so that's what happened to her XD  The title is so fitting!  Kyamei san was totally my favourite in this chapter!  I thought throughout the story that the evil they speak of would have been Yuko! and then I freaked out when Miki thought it was a civilian!  Hehe I was just as sucked into the tv broadcast as Miki XD  but anyways that was a great read!   :wub:

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #75 on: December 12, 2007, 06:02:29 PM »
"I'm Charmy Ishikawa, and I'm happy!"

I couldn't stop laughing after reading this, despite listening to sad/depressing music and generally being in sad/depressing mood xD

Offline OTN1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2007, 09:13:13 AM »
At least Aya doesn't have any characters from the H!M skits that she could lapse into. :D
Oh... actually... ^^;

I had an alternate idea that included Aya's character (to give Miki that sense of not being safe anywhere and with anyone), but her character's not interesting at all.  She's just her green, slightly more stuck-up self on her way to an audition.  I liked it better having normal Aya just conveniently miss the entire broadcast.

...but this last(?) one...
Hahaha, yes, last.

Coachie, I'm happy that Charmy's happiness made you happy.  She's always good for bringing smiles to faces.

As always, it's been a pleasure.  Thanks for reading.  Now that my mind is thoroughly milked of all ideas, it's time for a break.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #77 on: December 14, 2007, 03:10:26 AM »
Don't be a stranger! :wave:

Offline ChiruChaCha

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • cuak!
« Reply #78 on: December 14, 2007, 02:37:18 PM »
As always, it's been a pleasure.  Thanks for reading.  Now that my mind is thoroughly milked of all ideas, it's time for a break.

Hmmmmmmmm, I've heard this somewhere, but I can't remember where... xD

The chapter was great, gotta love Kyamei xD

Offline Sancho

• 8LayerIceCreamVendor
  • Member+
« Reply #79 on: December 15, 2007, 12:19:31 AM »
Wow. This fic is a WINNER!!  Thanks for sharing it OTN1. I've always thought of making a story using a H!P skit character but you pull out something really great.  XD XD

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tanpopo - Oujisama To Yuki No Yoru