JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo - Onaji Yoru

Author Topic: Official NBA Thread  (Read 486359 times)

Offline ew0923

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Official NBA Thread
« Reply #1600 on: May 09, 2007, 07:29:49 AM »
It's just two games, but I think Suns VS Spurs can easily go 6 or 7 games. In my view, there's really not much between (as in, neither wil fully dominate the other) the two teams, unlikely the Piston which looks as though they are going to roll over Chicago.

Offline kiikoi

• LOL!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1601 on: May 09, 2007, 02:55:02 PM »
jazz > warriors boozer too good for baron and co.
chicago needs to step up their game,what's the purpose if they cant beat the pistons,they beat up the heat on a sweep

Offline jpfn

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1602 on: May 10, 2007, 01:47:37 AM »
im hoping for the bulls to pick it up at home so that they have a chance at beating the pistons.

Offline kiikoi

• LOL!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1603 on: May 10, 2007, 07:05:47 AM »
bulls dont stand a chance with teh pistons defense ya know

Offline Kamesan

• Member+
« Reply #1604 on: May 10, 2007, 01:08:20 PM »
If the Bulls play like they're capable of they can defend their home turf but they're not going to win the series.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1605 on: May 10, 2007, 10:23:00 PM »
Nice job guys (no sarcasm, truly grateful) for keeping the Sports forum active, the one soft spot I have in a land full of ass. Just inserted my thoughts that I had written but never had a chance to post...believe me, I have been watching EVERYTHING.

First things first. Much respects to

FISH :bow:

God speed in the speedy recovery of his daughter. Cancer is a bitch. He was one of my favorite Lakers, clutch & hustle was his specialty. The way he locked up T-Mac in the last series, the way he is closing the deal against the Warriors reminded me that when the Lakers let him walk to GS, they lost their soul.

Quote from: daigong from last few weeks

Bad defense?? Lakers held the Suns under 100 points 3 times in the playoffs last year, held em under 100 again. The #1 offense was kept in check, keeping em shooting below 400 in the 1st.

Kobe & friends just gotta execute. He delievered his 1st assist well into the 2nd half. Lamar didn't even take advantage of the mis-matches. Fuck Smush and play Shammond Williams aka KG's coz.

This is interesting...

Quote from: laker4life @ LG
After I read this article, I really hope that we beat them.   Suns are too overconfident considering they haven't won a championship. 

Book reveals opinions of Lakers
Bryant is called 'arrogant' and Brown is described as 'awful' in book about last year's Suns.

In addition to scouring video for any added advantage against the Phoenix Suns, the Lakers might also want to sit back and read a good book. . . .

An all-access look at one of the league's top teams, ":07 Seconds or Less" devotes more than 100 pages to last year's playoff series between the Suns and Lakers. . .

"As the Suns see it, the Lakers trek along the low road," McCallum wrote. "Bryant is arrogant.

[Kwame] Brown is just a big body with nothing behind it. Smush Parker was a Sun for a couple of weeks [in 2004-05] and no one rued his departure. Lamar Odom is just too damn big and long. Luke Walton seems like a nice guy ... but he laid out [Tim] Thomas in Game 3 and triggered a miserable chain of events [for the Suns]. Sasha Vujacic is an all-universe whiner with an unpronounceable surname.

Plus, Phil Jackson sits on a throne."

Some of the things they have likely noted:

The Suns, while watching video of their Game 1 victory, poked fun at the Lakers' defense.

"This is when we're at our best, when we're changing ends on the fly," Coach Mike D'Antoni said. "They have no answer for it. Kwame is awful. Odom's a very average defender. Vujacic can't guard anybody. And Bryant in the open floor takes chances that aren't good."

Suns owner Robert Sarver had issues with some millionaire court-side fans at Staples Center. He thought Norm Pattiz was getting into the face of Thomas during Game 3 and told the Westwood One Radio Network founder before Game 4, "You ever touch one of my players again, you'll have me to deal with."

"This L.A. [expletive] has got to stop," Sarver said afterward. "This is war. I hate those guys."

While Suns coaches watched video of Game 3, Jackson wandered into the frame with his painful side-to-side walk.

"Look!" one of the coaches blurted out. "It's the Penguin!"

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakerep20apr20,0,3697571.story?coll=la-home-sports
There's more stuff in this article.

here's something more disheartening:

An unidentified member of the Lakers left a scouting report of the Suns at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel after Game 5 in Phoenix. It quickly ended up in the hands of Suns coaches, much to the Lakers' dismay.

A part that wasn't in the book: Jackson called a hotel official and wondered how the document ended up in the Suns' possession. He was informed that
all trash from hotel rooms is typically shredded. The hotel official said he would get back to Jackson after investigating the matter further. To this
day, Jackson still hasn't heard back from the official, a team source said.

and my thoughts on my other favorite basketball player??

"They play hard, they play fast -- a lot of flopping and a lot of messing around," said The Big Aristotle, who fouled out after only 27 minutes
Saturday. "It's the same team. It's just unfortunate (the referees) fall for that. I'm used to just outplaying somebody and playing hard, but I guess
that's what you got to do to stop Shaq."

Fully agreed Shaq. When you got a 4 time defensive player of the year and known flopper flipping switches to stop ya - look out. You could tell Shaq
was so frustrated with Eddie Rush that he tried to take a charge or two. WHEN THE FUCK DOES SHAQ EVER FLOP LIKE HIS NAME WAS VLADE DIVAC?? That was too good of a game, and even with Deng going off like that, the Heat pulled close. Expect the Heat to regroup and takeover.

Great games on teh weekend...Fish doing his FLOP against Yao lmao! Deron Williams is filthy, MAN!

:shock: Warriors are just piling on the Mavs...Nellie has em all figured out.

BIGGER :shock:

Miami got swept...poor Shaq. He came to play (and Zo) but where was everyone else? Payton? Walker? White Chocolate? BIG offseason this year for Pat Riley. Chicago was just free to jack up open jumpers all over the place, fuck Ben Wallace and his free throw shooting...there was no perimeter defense at all.

SO SAD. MY picks are down the drain XD

Shameless Kobe pic of the week:

Thursday's game was crazy, calls actually went the Lakers way. KWAME and LAMAR finally showed up. Raja u punk bitch!

uggghh...Sunday was messy. 7 turnovers in the 4th! :evil: 20 overall. Phoenix was almost as sloppy. 113-100 coulda been worse. Tuesday is gonna be psycho.

How about Nash -- as soon as they mentioned it on ABC as the ol'Karl Malone kick -- they only showed the back angle.

Though game recognize game, Nash played lights out. 23 assists!! SHIT. Thank god he didn't break Magic's record, least ABC coulda did was ask him how the Lakers were gonna bounce back. We all know Nash is awesome thanks to Jon Barry's cocksucking. And sit the fuck down D'Antoni, his face almost turned purple from his whining on the sidelines.

The Lakers need talent period. Did anyone even notice Kobe scored 3000 career playoff points? He moves to like within 3 points of #16 all time.

Name PTS (incl. Sunday's Games ...*active)
1. Michael Jordan 5987
2. Kareem Abdul-jabbar 5762
3. Shaquille O'neal 5045 *
4. Karl Malone 4761
5. Jerry West 4457
6. Larry Bird 3897
7. John Havlicek 3776
8. Hakeem Olajuwon 3755
9. Magic Johnson 3701
10. Scottie Pippen 3642
11. Elgin Baylor 3623
12. Wilt Chamberlain 3607
13. Kevin Mchale 3182
14. Dennis Johnson 3116
15. Julius Erving 3088
16. James Worthy 3022
17. Kobe Bryant 3019 *

Too funny how Dallas is having so much trouble with Golden State!! TIED now going in the 4th! ARE YOU A...

Big Shot Rob does it again...up by 1 and Nuggets pressing, he delivers the shot when it matters the most.

COLD AS ICE!! (not exact pic, he had another big game the other nite but gotta give him props)

Jordan likes white women, something to get his mind off the fuckin alimony he has to pay L.M.A.O.

SO CLOSE

...yet so far away. WHATTA SHOCKER!! That indiana trade keeps looking better and better. Speechless, Baron Davis blue balls no more. He just unloaded on the Mavs "defense" wtf. CONGRATS hiroayu! Liver still intact - keep pushing towards the ultimate goal!

And how about Kobe sounding off against management after the Suns ousted em. THING OF BEAUTY! FINALLY!! Been waiting for some drama and shit like "Brian Cook throws towel at Phil" or "Smush gets whiney" was like zzzzz. Bring back Jerry West and get the trades going, ship off all the dead weights Mitch brougt in and give us fuckin KG!!

SHITE. Nash better stop running his face into peoples bodyparts looking for a cheap flopping foul, he might get FUCKED UP!!

This reminds me of how he ran into Karl Malone's elbow YAY
[youtube=425,350]f0nIHCR--Bg[/youtube]

AND Jazz stepped it up, T-Mac got shut down by D-Fish WAY TO GO!!! Yao needs help bad, he played a good series but they gotta play non-Van Gundy ball, good job by Balki to step down.

Congrats to the All-NBA Teamers!!! <insert link here> Kobe leads the way once again...shocking Lebron didn't make the 1st team being Stern's posterboy and all lol

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1606 on: May 11, 2007, 03:30:12 AM »
The Bulls are now in a hole that they won't be able to get out of, having lost game 3 now.
Pistons now lead 3-0 and haven't lost in the post-season, yet.

If the Bulls aren't careful, they'll gonna get swept.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1607 on: May 11, 2007, 03:41:34 AM »
Wow just wow...Bulls had the lead in the 1st half and they just lost it in the second >.<. It's practically over for the bulls unless they can pull off some miracle. Well it was kind of over since the beginning of the 2nd round, but i had some hope.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 03:42:26 AM by storyboard »

Offline jChu*

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1608 on: May 11, 2007, 03:44:35 AM »
WOW are you serious??? Last time I checked the score the Bulls were up by like 15+ pts....  :o :o

Offline Since1983

• Miki Fujimoto's Sex Slave
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1609 on: May 11, 2007, 04:14:26 AM »
This is coming from a Bulls fan but what a bunch of choke artists the Bulls are. It's all over now  :'( Now, I look forward to the draft and hopefully getting Greg Oden with our 1.8% chance in the lottery. Not looking good.. :-[
I'll show you mine if you show me yours. ;)

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1610 on: May 11, 2007, 05:32:07 PM »
Dirk's been named as the MVP.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline trueinnuendo

• Member+
« Reply #1611 on: May 12, 2007, 12:37:21 AM »

Offline kwanleekwan

• Member+
« Reply #1612 on: May 12, 2007, 02:09:49 AM »
I will vote for Nash

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1613 on: May 12, 2007, 03:49:21 AM »
The Warriors played a helluva game, taking game 3 in decisive fashion.
Baron Davis posterized Kirilenko, putting the hammer down hard with that dunk.
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline aKaoNi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1614 on: May 12, 2007, 04:40:37 PM »
The Warriors played a helluva game, taking game 3 in decisive fashion.
Baron Davis posterized Kirilenko, putting the hammer down hard with that dunk.

Indeed, that was one of the sickest dunks I've seen!

Offline Jsmurf

• BUKKAKE!!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1615 on: May 12, 2007, 05:19:16 PM »
what a game by baron... think the warriors can take this series  :P
all they need to do is win one at jazz home.  pretty sure GS can win their home games

and dirk the mvp.. not surprising
:shakeit:

Offline alg7

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1616 on: May 12, 2007, 06:17:42 PM »
Badass win by the W's. that was  a pretty sick dunk by Bdiddy all over AK47 and the belly for the tech was funny. Utah will come prepared for sunday though, it wont be a blowout like yesterday. Warriors need to steal a win a Utah.

GO WARRIORS!

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1617 on: May 13, 2007, 03:01:56 AM »
OH YEA, SPURS WIN~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spurs lead series 2-1, YES!!!!
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1618 on: May 13, 2007, 10:14:53 PM »
The Bulls didn't get swept, but they're still in a 3-1 hole going back to Detroit for game 5.
Its gonna be extremely tough for them in game 5, they gotta play tough or thats it for them.

Warriors/Jazz game 4 tonight on TNT.
Come on, Warriors, do it again and even up the series, send it back to Utah all tied up at 2 apiece.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 10:15:56 PM by L-san »
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1619 on: May 13, 2007, 10:16:35 PM »
:shocked: HOLY FUCK!!! Baron :bow: I say they tie up the series

I love it how Amare is whining about them being dirty. Yeah, Spurs are filthy mcnasty -- whine a lot when they don't get a call but that's fact. Chin up and keep playing. Nash getting double and triple teamed makes me happy, can you be MVP when you are wrapped up like a condom? Uhh, Kobe can!

I will vote for Nash

I will vote for Kobe.

Yeah, nice job by Da Bulls finally finished a game from 0 to 48 minutes! Congrats!! Live to see another game. Pisstons CAN be beat! 102-87 win!

JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo - Onaji Yoru