JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Niumun - Lie In One`s Teeth Back

Author Topic: Official NBA Thread  (Read 486433 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: Official NBA Thread
« Reply #1740 on: June 28, 2007, 04:34:49 PM »
FO SHO!! Greg Oden #1 ... wonder if the Lakers will use their #19 too.

A lil late but Congrats to the Spurs! Ain't no dynasty but the Big Fundamental and Big Shot Rob keep adding to the trophy case ... Tony Parker is the luckiest SOB alive.

And with all those Garnett rumors --- I been checking up on GetGarnett.com and just hoping wishing...HIGHLY doubt the Suns would give up the future to get them over the hump. With a guy who been to the Conference Finals once. KB shut the fuck up and let Mitch do his thang. Please.

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #1741 on: June 29, 2007, 06:42:24 AM »
wow Bulls draft Joakim Noah

Offline Kamesan

• Member+
« Reply #1742 on: July 01, 2007, 10:38:31 AM »
I think Durant is going to be good but Blazers couldn't afford to pass up Oden. I wanted the Bulls to trade up for Horford but I'm OK with them taking Noah.

Derrick Byars was drafted by Portland in the 2nd round and then traded to Philadelphia. He might be a steal.

5 of the first 9 picks were from Ohio ST. and/or Florida.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 10:41:51 AM by Kamesan »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1743 on: July 02, 2007, 07:40:02 AM »
PHEW. Who is Sun Yue? The KG/JO Sweepstakes continue. DO IT MITCH!! Or Billups!!

Shocked Ray Allen was up for grabs. DAY 1 of free agency and wut. Vince stays. Luke Walton signs for six-year, $30-million.

Wonder where Grant Hill or Gerald Wallace will go.

Offline Jsmurf

• BUKKAKE!!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1744 on: July 03, 2007, 03:52:54 AM »
apparently d-fish has been released from his contract and is now a free agent.  something to do with his daughter's medical condition...
lakers need to sign d-fish now  :banghead:

and now that the suns said they aren't dealing amare, its just a matter of time before KG comes to L.A.... maybe  :banghead:
:shakeit:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1745 on: July 03, 2007, 04:14:26 AM »
Aww man, I'd LOVE to have Fish back. DONT WASTE THAT MLE!!!! :banghead:

AHAHAHAHA. Suns just wanted to fuck with the Lakers. KG and Kobe are so tight. DO IT MITCH! Do you read LG.net Jsmurf? That place is EPIC.

Offline Jsmurf

• BUKKAKE!!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1746 on: July 03, 2007, 04:44:20 AM »
yeah, fish would definitely play for the mle.  he'll also be able to calm kobe down  :grin:

right now i usually frequent ProSportsDaily.  i like to visits the other teams sub-forums over there to keep the kobe haters in check.. j/k  :P

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1747 on: July 05, 2007, 03:16:36 AM »
Plenty of player movement happening already, even though contracts can't be signed til the 11th.
Knicks gonna have a very volatile mix if they get Artest, but on the flip-side they'll have a helluva frontline with Curry, Artest, and Randolph, which could get them into the playoffs in a weak Eastern conference.

Wonder whats been going on with the KG sweepstakes?
Seems like the Lakers and Suns have pulled out of trying to get KG, so that means he'll end up staying with the T'Wolves and another season of disappointment for a marquee player.

Its very likely Billups will resign with the Pistons.
I'm surprised that the Warriors gave up J. Rich, who went to the Bobcats.
Will Yi JianLian ever show up in Milwaukee?

Hmmm........
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline Kamesan

• Member+
« Reply #1748 on: July 05, 2007, 01:37:23 PM »
I doubt it. It seems like he'd rather play somewhere with a larger Asian community. If there's little interest, I'm thinking he might play a season with the Bucks to showcase himself to other teams and then demand a trade after next season.

I don't see the Lakers trading for KG. They don't have much to offer the T'Wolves. I'm thinking they (along with other teams) will wait for KG to become a free agent and try to get him then.

Offline Reanimation

• Kameist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1749 on: July 05, 2007, 10:48:47 PM »
Grant Hill got traded to the suns. :angry:

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1750 on: July 05, 2007, 10:59:05 PM »
^Yep, I heard bout that.
Suns usually run a 7-8 man rotation...wonder how much playing time he'll get, plus having to keep pace with the Suns run-n-gun style of play.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline dissonance

• ecchi
« Reply #1751 on: July 06, 2007, 09:13:52 PM »
^^ On top of that, how much more prone will he be to injury in the Suns' style?? He'll probably get some good playing time, I read they might start him instead of Diaw if he does well (it was part of their pitch to get him).

Offline aKaoNi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1752 on: July 06, 2007, 09:32:38 PM »
^Playtime, Championship Contention, the Suns light practices, and probably some pitching from Suns assistant coach Alvin Gentry whom was an assistant with the Pistons during the Hill days, and also D'Antoni working with Mike K. for Team USA and probably getting him to say some things to the former Duke player is what more than likely won him instead of going to the Pistons or Spurs. I wish him the best and hopefully the suns get him a ring in the next two years.

And yes if the Knicks land Artest or if Boston makes a couple more moves as both teams still say they're very active in the market even after the moves they've made, I would assume to see at least one if not both teams back in the playoffs next year with how weak the east is.

And Danny Ferry needs to confirm some of these rumors about Larry Hughes and trade him for some better role players, the Cavs also look to be losing Varejo if they don't match what other teams are going to offer him. Larry Hughes has got to be the most overpaid/overrated player in the league, why'd he have to be the best free agent available a couple years back so the cavs signed him to a big contract only for him to perform like Michael Jordan performs in his marriage?? It don't work!!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 09:38:31 PM by aKaoNi »

Offline ahcheungape

• Member+
« Reply #1753 on: July 07, 2007, 08:09:40 AM »
I doubt it. It seems like he'd rather play somewhere with a larger Asian community. If there's little interest, I'm thinking he might play a season with the Bucks to showcase himself to other teams and then demand a trade after next season.

I don't see the Lakers trading for KG. They don't have much to offer the T'Wolves. I'm thinking they (along with other teams) will wait for KG to become a free agent and try to get him then.

i think Yi dosesnt mind playing for the bucks. although he prefers a city where there are lots of asians, he never suggested a trade. all this time is his agent that requested a trade. i personally think this is pathetic. the agent cant dictate which team he plays for. it ruins the point of the draft. but the bucks should also be fault for choosing him when Yi stated beforehand that he wouldnt wanna play in milwaukee.

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1754 on: July 14, 2007, 03:39:39 AM »
D.Fish is coming back to the Lakers.
He's signed a 3 year deal, but more importantly L.A. has the kind of hospital that can handle the treatment of the rare eye cancer that his young daughter has, so he doesn't have to take leave from the team and fly to whichever city is closest that has the necessary hospital for his daughter.
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #1756 on: July 20, 2007, 11:37:53 PM »
I hear all sorts of trash news about pro sports: thugs rushing the fans, steroids up the wazoo, making whoopie with groupies...  But all that is a pittance compared to the integrity and legitimacy of your product.  This kind of manipulation would/could equate the NBA with "pro" wrestling.

The NBA thinks it has problems with players coming off the benches in fights, reseeding issues in the playoffs and ever-decreasing television ratings.  Well that all seems trivial in comparison.  This is THE ultimate nightmare and they better use all the resources they have, material or otherwise, to make sure this cancer doesn't spread.

Offline Shin Asuka

• Wub U
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1757 on: July 20, 2007, 11:48:42 PM »
If this turns out to be true (I hope its not) then I have no respect for the NBA anymore.

Its already hanging by a thread for me with all these stars going to popular/playoff teams while the rest compete for the 8th spot or whatever.
Don't expect me to reply to any post. I tend to not care.

Offline Jsmurf

• BUKKAKE!!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1758 on: July 24, 2007, 12:23:26 AM »
shit will really hit the fan when the guy names other refs and possibly nba players. theres so much money involved, i wouldn't be surprised if organized crime have their hand in other sports as well.

also, the team USA scrim was pretty entertaining. Team-Kobe FTW  :pimp:

Offline Kamesan

• Member+
« Reply #1759 on: July 24, 2007, 11:31:29 PM »
I agree. If it's an isolated incident that's one thing but if other refs and plays are involved, all hell is going to break loose.

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Niumun - Lie In One`s Teeth Back