JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Naht - Either Way You Want

Author Topic: Official NBA Thread  (Read 486265 times)

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Official NBA Thread
« Reply #2001 on: April 23, 2008, 06:33:38 AM »
FUCK YEA, Spurs win and lead 2-0 over the Suns. :rockon:
Thats what I'm talking 'bout~!!

I'm thinking that the Jazz are gonna sweep the Rockets.
Poor 'ol T-Mac, still unable to get past the first round in his whole career.

Hornets leading 2-0 over the Mavs, FUCK YEA~!!
Lakers gonna stomp the no playing "D" Nuggets. :lol:

Wizards can't hang with LeBron and the Cavs, and the 76er's snatching game 1 from the Pistons... who'd thunk it?
Celtics gonna destroy the the Hawks, no surprise there, and I figure the Magic won't have too much trouble with the Raptors.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2002 on: April 26, 2008, 04:55:01 AM »
The 76er's are leading in their series now against the Pistons, 2-1... whoa, who'd thunk it?

Mavs won game 3, so its now 2-1, Hornets still leading.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2003 on: April 26, 2008, 07:33:29 AM »
FUCK YEA~!!!!!!

Spurs beat down those Suns, and now have a commanding 3-0 lead in their 1st round series.
Tony Parker was tearing them up, going for 41 points. :rockon:
The Champs can close it out on Sunday.
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2004 on: April 26, 2008, 06:58:28 PM »
Came across this while reading thru some comments on ESPN.
Its funny, and hopefully won't get taken the wrong way by anyone.

[youtube=425,350]Ghl_6Hf8yuw[/youtube]
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2005 on: April 27, 2008, 05:33:33 AM »
The Hawks beat the Celtics today. XD

I know its only one game, of course, but still, the Celts losing game 3 is just too funny. :lol:
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2006 on: April 29, 2008, 10:47:42 PM »
While 'unlikely,' NBA to discuss possible changes to playoff format

After another season of great imbalance between teams in the West and East, NBA officials are pledging to consider changes to the playoff format -- ranging from small to radical -- that could be implemented in time for next season's playoffs.

But the most likely scenario, according to various league sources, is no change to the current format.

NBA commissioner David Stern echoed that view Friday night when speaking to reporters in Philadelphia before the 76ers played Detroit, saying: "Although I think it's unlikely anything will happen, I think we're going to explore it fully."

The current system sends the top eight teams in each conference to the postseason, which excluded Golden State in spite of the Warriors' 48-win season and has forced two 55-win title contenders -- San Antonio and Phoenix -- to meet in the first round out West.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Expect LB and MJ to clash sooner -- and later

Larry Brown is coaching again, at his ninth NBA stop and in his fourth decade. And history tells us he's bound to butt heads with Michael Jordan, the managing member for basketball operations of the Charlotte Bobcats.

We're going to get a reading fairly quickly on how well Jordan and Brown are going to be able to work together, since the long-term future of the Bobcats is about to be affected in a major way by the decision Jordan must make regarding Emeka Okafor -- one of two Charlotte players (the other is Nazr Mohammed) who previously played under Brown.

Okafor's experience with Brown was as part of Brown's 2004 U.S. Olympic team, which stumbled its way to the bronze medal in Athens with Okafor buried at the end of the bench -- he did not make a single field goal during those Games.
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline Kamesan

• Member+
« Reply #2007 on: April 30, 2008, 09:20:15 AM »
Hornet eliminated Mavs and Spurs knocked out Suns.

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2008 on: April 30, 2008, 04:11:08 PM »
YES!!

Spurs won last night, 4-1, and once again sent the suns packing for their summer vacation.
Also, the Mavs are done, oh yeah, getting beaten by the Hornets 4-1.

Now the 2nd round is set for Spurs/Hornets, which is going to be an especially tough series for my Spurs, since the Hornets present some very tough mismatches with West and Wells.
CP3 is going to be a terror, playing some seriously good ball in his first ever trip to the playoffs.
This will be a very interesting series from the get go, and the Spurs will need to hang tough every game, grind it out like they know how to do.

Time to raise the intensity level get it on.
Game 1 this Saturday.

With the suns loss, its looking like D'Antoni might be done in Phoenix.
There are other coaching jobs available, the Bulls and Knicks to name 2, so lets see how that goes in the off sesaon.

Also, gotta wonder how Avery's job security will be now that the Mavs got beat and are done for the season.
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2009 on: May 01, 2008, 12:50:48 AM »
Mavs, Johnson part ways after team's playoff ouster

DALLAS -- The Dallas Mavericks fired coach Avery Johnson on Wednesday, the first of what's likely to be many offseason moves after the team with the league's highest payroll again flopped in the first round of the playoffs.

ESPN.com's Marc Stein first reported the news of Johnson's ouster.

NBA front-office sources told ESPN.com that both the Mavs and Johnson wanted to come to a resolution quickly so Dallas could begin interviewing other candidates and Johnson could pursue another job.

"More than anything, I'm very grateful and excited about the opportunity to coach the Mavericks for the last three-and-a-half years, including my assistant coach stint," Johnson told 103.3 FM ESPN in Dallas.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kerr refutes report saying D'Antoni, Suns might part ways

Despite averaging 58 regular-season wins the past four seasons, Mike D'Antoni might be out as Phoenix Suns coach.

An SI.com report on Tuesday night said the coach will not return after his team was eliminated by the San Antonio Spurs in five games in their best-of-7 first-round playoff series. D'Antoni has two years and $8.5 million left on his contract.

Suns general manager Steve Kerr denied the report, Arizona Republic reporter Paul Coro said Wednesday morning on ESPN's "First Take."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reports: Durant beats out Horford for rookie of the year

Seattle SuperSonics guard Kevin Durant will be named NBA rookie of the year, the Seattle Times and The Associated Press reported.

Durant, who led all first-year players in scoring, assists and free-throw percentage, reportedly beat out Atlanta Hawks forward Al Horford to become the first Rookie of the Year in Seattle franchise history. The NBA is expected to officially announce the award on Thursday.
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2010 on: May 03, 2008, 06:56:32 AM »

FINALLY!! He shoulda won 2 by now. KG WHAT? LBJ huh?! Maybe Chris Paul but Kobe proves time and time again he is the best player in the league. His leadership has finally shown results...Fucking Smush Parker couldn't handle it. Look the fuck out, Mamba gonna bring it!

Offline ytl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2011 on: May 03, 2008, 10:52:33 AM »

FINALLY!! He shoulda won 2 by now. KG WHAT? LBJ huh?! Maybe Chris Paul but Kobe proves time and time again he is the best player in the league. His leadership has finally shown results...Fucking Smush Parker couldn't handle it. Look the fuck out, Mamba gonna bring it!

Sorry to spoil your celebration but every journalist voted Kobe just because he waited long enough.  Lebron James is both statistically and realistically better than Kobe.  Just look at the roster of Cavs all these years and Cavs' coach.

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2012 on: May 03, 2008, 05:43:48 PM »
Hawks/Celts going the full 7 in the first round... who'd thunk it?
I'm pulling for the Hawks... come on, make history and beat the Celts, another 8th seed beating a #1 seed in the span of 2 years.

GO FOR IT, YOU CAN DO IT, HAWKS~!!!!

meh

Also, congrats to Kobe for getting his first ever MVP.
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline Jsmurf

• BUKKAKE!!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2013 on: May 03, 2008, 09:39:30 PM »
M-V-P M-V-P  :cow::shakeit:

Sorry to spoil your celebration but every journalist voted Kobe just because he waited long enough.  Lebron James is both statistically and realistically better than Kobe.  Just look at the roster of Cavs all these years and Cavs' coach.

you forgot LBJ plays in the weak East where the majority of teams are sub 500.  when you play against shitty teams most of the time, you gonna get better stats.  Kobe led an injury plagued team to the number 1 seed in the toughest conference ever

lol, go HAWKS!
looks like the Bibby trade has helped them
:shakeit:

Offline ytl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2014 on: May 04, 2008, 08:15:06 AM »
M-V-P M-V-P  :cow::shakeit:

you forgot LBJ plays in the weak East where the majority of teams are sub 500.  when you play against shitty teams most of the time, you gonna get better stats.  Kobe led an injury plagued team to the number 1 seed in the toughest conference ever

lol, go HAWKS!
looks like the Bibby trade has helped them

Injury plagued team?  LOL.  The Lakers cheated for Gasol fgs.... and Odom can exploded in any category of stats if he is allowed by Kobe.  Fisher's shooting skills also helps spread out the floor.  Not to mention you got Phil Jackson and the triangle offense in place already.  Hell even Farmer and Turiaf is not bad as role players......

Look at LBJ, major change in mid season, no system at all from coach....... everyone knows that if they can stop LBJ, they can stop Cavs.  LBJ constantly got double teamed if not triple teamed.  Lakers got so many weapons that it's hard not to let Kobe free to operate and wish he has a bad shooting night.

Even if Lakers win this year.  I won't give them props for cheating the whole league to get Gasol.  It's just David Stern wants you guys to win like every year.... I won't give props to Kobe until he can prove he can win in other teams with less stellar teammates.  I'd rather have Spurs/Celtics/Pistons/Hawks/Cavs/NO to win other than the Lakers.

Offline Jsmurf

• BUKKAKE!!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2015 on: May 04, 2008, 07:28:50 PM »
Injury plagued team?  LOL.  The Lakers cheated for Gasol fgs.... and Odom can exploded in any category of stats if he is allowed by Kobe.  Fisher's shooting skills also helps spread out the floor.  Not to mention you got Phil Jackson and the triangle offense in place already.  Hell even Farmer and Turiaf is not bad as role players......

Look at LBJ, major change in mid season, no system at all from coach....... everyone knows that if they can stop LBJ, they can stop Cavs.  LBJ constantly got double teamed if not triple teamed.  Lakers got so many weapons that it's hard not to let Kobe free to operate and wish he has a bad shooting night.

Even if Lakers win this year.  I won't give them props for cheating the whole league to get Gasol.  It's just David Stern wants you guys to win like every year.... I won't give props to Kobe until he can prove he can win in other teams with less stellar teammates.  I'd rather have Spurs/Celtics/Pistons/Hawks/Cavs/NO to win other than the Lakers.

LMAO!!! what proof do you have that Lakers cheated.  Grizzlies was looking to dump salaries + young talent for rebuilding.  Thats why they even took Kwame.. thats 10mill off the books and they got JCritt and Marc Gasol plus picks.  other teams didn't have the young talent they were looking for, plus they really wanted Pau's younger brother.

lakers are out 2 key starters that have missed most of this year and they're still not back.  Gasol's been injured this year and Kobe has a completely detached ligament in his finger(shooting hand) and still playing.
sure, Lakers are good this year.  but not before this year.  some lakers stepped up big this year but previous years they sucked.  Odom in years past was too inconsistent and injury prone....

you say LBJ gets double and tripled?  Kobe had it worse last year plus there were 5/6 players injured at one point in the season and he still managed to put on a show... 2nd consecutive scoring title, 4 consecutive 50pt games, 9 consecutive 40pt games etc.  the argument you make for LBJ is same for Kobe in previous years... stats + bad team, but its worse for LBJ because he plays in the weak East

and what superstar has won playing with less than stellar teammates??? could Shaq win rings without Kobe/Wade? could Duncan win it without Parker and Ginobli?  Jordan without Pippin?
:shakeit:

Offline jChu*

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2016 on: May 05, 2008, 08:49:31 PM »
Once a Kobe-hater, always a Kobe-hater. :roll:

Exactly.  LBJ is a great player and deserves to be in the MVP race, however I don't think having a mediocre team record can get you this award, even though this is technically an individual achievement.  I'm not saying having the best record = MVP, but if you put the Cavs in the West they'd be out of the playoffs picture this season... 10th seed.

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #2017 on: May 05, 2008, 09:05:16 PM »
Some people define their enjoyment by how much they support something, others define it by how much they hate it.  That's just how it is.  "I hate the Kobe and the Lakers" becomes more of a defining trait to them than "I love LBJ".  I have no problem with that, because I'm secure in being a fan cheering for rather than against something.

It's good that ytl is  passionate about what he believes in.  After all, some people still hate Michael Jordan with a passion as well.  But it sounds like ytl has a bigger problem with the NBA and David Stern than the Lakers.  Remember, it takes (at least) two to trade.  It's not like the Grizzlies are exactly whining about their own decision to rebuild the team.  Why no hate for the Celtics, with their 3 superstars, or the fact that the West as a whole is just monstrous compared to the East?  Unfair advantage, or part of the game?  I personally think it'd be boring if all the teams were on the exact same talent level, but hey, that's just me.

As a 3rd generation Lakers fan, and someone who actually likes Kobe, I am not actually upset about the haters anymore.  The MVP award seems like it's more about how the player fits his team rather than the player's individual traits.  Kobe has definitely changed in his attitude toward his team, and that's why he's the assumptive MVP this year.  Yes, he's been annoying and a general asshole in the past, especially in his dealings with the media, but you can't deny that he works damn hard.  That effort, to me, matters more than scoring titles and triple-doubles, which is why I always thought that Derek Fisher was underrated.

Bottom line: I'd rather see an under-performing team grow and evolve through hard work, trades, and the draft than see teams get nerfed by unnecessary regulations.
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline ytl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2019 on: May 06, 2008, 05:00:17 AM »

LMAO!!! what proof do you have that Lakers cheated.  Grizzlies was looking to dump salaries + young talent for rebuilding.  Thats why they even took Kwame.. thats 10mill off the books and they got JCritt and Marc Gasol plus picks.  other teams didn't have the young talent they were looking for, plus they really wanted Pau's younger brother.

lakers are out 2 key starters that have missed most of this year and they're still not back.  Gasol's been injured this year and Kobe has a completely detached ligament in his finger(shooting hand) and still playing.
sure, Lakers are good this year.  but not before this year.  some lakers stepped up big this year but previous years they sucked.  Odom in years past was too inconsistent and injury prone....

you say LBJ gets double and tripled?  Kobe had it worse last year plus there were 5/6 players injured at one point in the season and he still managed to put on a show... 2nd consecutive scoring title, 4 consecutive 50pt games, 9 consecutive 40pt games etc.  the argument you make for LBJ is same for Kobe in previous years... stats + bad team, but its worse for LBJ because he plays in the weak East

and what superstar has won playing with less than stellar teammates??? could Shaq win rings without Kobe/Wade? could Duncan win it without Parker and Ginobli?  Jordan without Pippin?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Lakers-were-the-only-team-made-aware-of-Gasol-s-?urn=nba%2C65976
and many more angry articles from basketball professionals..... do a google search yourself.... oh wait.... you only want to know what Lakers fans think because the Lakers cheated and Stern let it happen just like how he always let those big city clubs cheat their way to the rings.

And it's a injury on SMALL FINGER.... BIG fucking DEAL....  have you played ball before?  The small finger very rarely touch the ball when shooting or even finger roll.  Maybe it gives you a second though when you try to slam it home.  Nice spin and exaggeration to make a point.

True, it's hard to win a title without stellar teammates, but we are not talking about stellar, we are talking about Lakers getting all the top tier franchise players by losing nothing.  Odom used to be the franchise for Clippers, Gasol was the same for Grizzlies... you see no one complained about how Lakers get Odom, but many around the league angered by the Gasol trade.  I wonder why   :fuckyou:

Remember Karl Malone and Gary Payton came to play for Lakers for almost free?  I know Lakers are expected to win it all this season with the deep team, but I truly hope karma will catch up with Lakers just like how Malone the dirtiest player ever retired without a ring, even with the super loaded Lakers team.

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Naht - Either Way You Want