JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Bugy Craxone - Oto mo Hikari mo Nai Basho de Ugoku Koto wo Yameta Shin

Author Topic: Official NBA Thread  (Read 486293 times)

Offline ytl

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Official NBA Thread
« Reply #2020 on: May 06, 2008, 05:05:49 AM »
Sorry to spoil your celebration but every journalist voted Kobe just because he waited long enough.  Lebron James is both statistically and realistically better than Kobe.  Just look at the roster of Cavs all these years and Cavs' coach.
Once a Kobe-hater, always a Kobe-hater. :roll:

you forgot LBJ plays in the weak East where the majority of teams are sub 500.  when you play against shitty teams most of the time, you gonna get better stats.  Kobe led an injury plagued team to the number 1 seed in the toughest conference ever
Exactly.  LBJ is a great player and deserves to be in the MVP race, however I don't think having a mediocre team record can get you this award, even though this is technically an individual achievement.  I'm not saying having the best record = MVP, but if you put the Cavs in the West they'd be out of the playoffs picture this season... 10th seed.

Believe it or not, I was a Kobe fan during his early years in Lakers..... before he became a whinning bitch rapist who drove out Shaq and get away with all the shit he had done.  I was even at a point a Lakers fan myself back then...... before Failblazers got robbed the ring by refs, then the Sac Queens........ then I guess I finally grew to realize how business run in the NBA.

Offline ytl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2021 on: May 06, 2008, 06:20:26 AM »
Some people define their enjoyment by how much they support something, others define it by how much they hate it.  That's just how it is.  "I hate the Kobe and the Lakers" becomes more of a defining trait to them than "I love LBJ".  I have no problem with that, because I'm secure in being a fan cheering for rather than against something.

It's good that ytl is  passionate about what he believes in.  After all, some people still hate Michael Jordan with a passion as well.  But it sounds like ytl has a bigger problem with the NBA and David Stern than the Lakers.  Remember, it takes (at least) two to trade.  It's not like the Grizzlies are exactly whining about their own decision to rebuild the team.  Why no hate for the Celtics, with their 3 superstars, or the fact that the West as a whole is just monstrous compared to the East?  Unfair advantage, or part of the game?  I personally think it'd be boring if all the teams were on the exact same talent level, but hey, that's just me.

As a 3rd generation Lakers fan, and someone who actually likes Kobe, I am not actually upset about the haters anymore.  The MVP award seems like it's more about how the player fits his team rather than the player's individual traits.  Kobe has definitely changed in his attitude toward his team, and that's why he's the assumptive MVP this year.  Yes, he's been annoying and a general asshole in the past, especially in his dealings with the media, but you can't deny that he works damn hard.  That effort, to me, matters more than scoring titles and triple-doubles, which is why I always thought that Derek Fisher was underrated.

Bottom line: I'd rather see an under-performing team grow and evolve through hard work, trades, and the draft than see teams get nerfed by unnecessary regulations.

I don't have any hatred towards Kobe, but I despise him and the Lakers organization after all these years of following NBA and seeing how other teams get screwed.

I am ok with Celtic because Ray Allen isn't the same Ray Ray back in Milwaukee or even Seattle.  KG is respectful as a human being too, he never whined although he got screwed over by Kevin McHale all these years.  Their bench sucks to the point that the only direction is up.... So I don't think Celtic's case is comparable to Lakers with 3 franchise players at their prime trying to cheat a ring.

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #2022 on: May 06, 2008, 09:32:05 AM »
I guess your usage of the word "cheating" kind of threw me.  I'm still not quite sure I "get it", especially given all the other usages of the word in other major sports. (I'm looking at you, baseball!)  I mean, a trade, no matter how dubious the circumstances, is hardly on the same level as the cheating you'd see in other sports, right?

Maybe I missed all the controversy when the Gasol trade went through, but it seemed like a normal enough trade to me, as the Grizzlies got pretty much what they wanted too - young players and another draft pick, plus rights to sign Gasol's younger brother later on.  From the way I see it, the deal was essentially trading the present for the future.  On the Lakers' end, you got to see the consequences immediately, but on the Grizzlies' end, you're going to have to wait at least one or two more seasons.

Trading around players in the middle of the season isn't that odd an occurance, especially given the high-profile names that have been jumping ship to go to teams with better chances of winning in the playoffs. (Allen Iverson? Shaq?) With both teams satisfied with what they got out of the deal, and Gasol extremely happy, I guess I just don't get how it's "cheating".

How I understand the situation is this:  In terms of roster changes for the Lakers, the big additions I see from last year are Fisher and Gasol, while they cut quite a bit of essentailly dead weight.  When you have resources that are of no use to you, you find someone else who wants them.  Gasol wanted out of Memphis, and so the Grizzlies were looking to rebuild their team.  Two teams' problems solved with one solution.

I guess I just want to know what the "cheating" is that you're referring to.  Is it that David Stern has been accused of preferential treatment of the Lakers?  I've heard about that, but is that really cheating on the part of the Lakers' organization?  Yes, he has made some pretty fucked up decisions before (remember the new ball fiasco?), but did he do that's cheating in this case?

If there's some fact that you think I'm missing, please inform me so I don't look like a douche for defending something I wouldn't if I knew the whole story.  I'm actually enjoying this discussion because I like to engage differing opinions like this.  As someone who tries to see the good in everything first, I just get kind of curious about what drives this kind of negative emotion that people have toward certain issues.
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline ytl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2023 on: May 06, 2008, 10:42:56 AM »
I guess your usage of the word "cheating" kind of threw me.  I'm still not quite sure I "get it", especially given all the other usages of the word in other major sports. (I'm looking at you, baseball!)  I mean, a trade, no matter how dubious the circumstances, is hardly on the same level as the cheating you'd see in other sports, right?

Maybe I missed all the controversy when the Gasol trade went through, but it seemed like a normal enough trade to me, as the Grizzlies got pretty much what they wanted too - young players and another draft pick, plus rights to sign Gasol's younger brother later on.  From the way I see it, the deal was essentially trading the present for the future.  On the Lakers' end, you got to see the consequences immediately, but on the Grizzlies' end, you're going to have to wait at least one or two more seasons.

Trading around players in the middle of the season isn't that odd an occurance, especially given the high-profile names that have been jumping ship to go to teams with better chances of winning in the playoffs. (Allen Iverson? Shaq?) With both teams satisfied with what they got out of the deal, and Gasol extremely happy, I guess I just don't get how it's "cheating".

How I understand the situation is this:  In terms of roster changes for the Lakers, the big additions I see from last year are Fisher and Gasol, while they cut quite a bit of essentailly dead weight.  When you have resources that are of no use to you, you find someone else who wants them.  Gasol wanted out of Memphis, and so the Grizzlies were looking to rebuild their team.  Two teams' problems solved with one solution.

I guess I just want to know what the "cheating" is that you're referring to.  Is it that David Stern has been accused of preferential treatment of the Lakers?  I've heard about that, but is that really cheating on the part of the Lakers' organization?  Yes, he has made some pretty fucked up decisions before (remember the new ball fiasco?), but did he do that's cheating in this case?

If there's some fact that you think I'm missing, please inform me so I don't look like a douche for defending something I wouldn't if I knew the whole story.  I'm actually enjoying this discussion because I like to engage differing opinions like this.  As someone who tries to see the good in everything first, I just get kind of curious about what drives this kind of negative emotion that people have toward certain issues.

I used "cheat" because I believe the deal is under the table.  For example, as I just qutoed in my frist reply posts to jsmurf, there is an article stating only Lakers know Gasol's availability on the block.  Can you tell me why?  Why would Memphis not letting other teams know they want to trade Gasol away?  That way they should be able to get more than just bunch of scrubs..... remember at that time, Shaq and Marion wanted out of their team?

Moreover, Gasol didn't want to be traded because he just asked Memphis to bring in his best friend PG Navarro from Spain this season.  I don't know where you get your info. from, but you certainly missed a lot of information out there regarding to the Gasol controversy.  If there is no one hooking up these two clubs in between, Gasol would stay in Memphis for sure.... hinting Grizzlies's most recent GM is the Lakers' HOF acquittance who worked in Lakers management for long long time.  Now Gasol is in a contender, Laker fans sure can use the end to justify the cause.  However, Gasol was not be the one asking for trade because Grizzlies just fulfilled his demand on bringing his buddy to Memphis.  You can argue it is appoved by NBA and it's legal blah blah blah.  However, you cannot defend this is a lopsided unfair trade.  Grizzlies was just in playoff several years ago with Gasol as their star, Grizzlies fans must be happy to know that they won't see a competitive team for the next 5 years at least thank for this trade.

Every non-retarded fan can totally see this is a lopsided trade, arguing Grizzlies was trading for future is totally non-sense and just an attempt to fooling self to try convincing non-Laker fans.

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #2024 on: May 06, 2008, 12:39:42 PM »
That's fair enough.  Yes, the trade was pretty lopsided in hindsight.  Yes, the fact that no other teams seemed to know about Gasol's availability is a bit shady.  But cheating?  Admittedly, I was a little weak on the facts from Memphis's perspective, but having done a little bit of research just now, I learned the following facts:

• Bringing Navarro from Spain to help out was being initiated about last summer, before this season's dismal 13-34 start for the Grizzlies.
  • At some point during that run, there was some talk from some Memphis fans that Gasol's stock as a franchise player was dropping significantly, and keeping him even as long as they did was a mistake.
  • The official (but still questionable) rationale given by the Grizzlies at the time was cap space.  Given Gasol's contract of some $49 million and the bad outlook for the Grizzlies this season, this may not be an entirely bullshit answer.

Was everything all lovey-dovey between Memphis and Gasol immediately before the trade?  Doesn't sound like it.  To hear the Grizzlies' GM say it, it sounds like they gave up on Gasol and were definitely seeking to rebuild.  Does Memphis get significantly more (questionably needed) cap space?  Definitely.  If trading $49 million Gasol for <$10 million Brown doesn't get you more cap space, then nothing will.  Is Memphis being mismanaged? Distinctly possible.  Is Memphis in rebuilding mode? Yes, whether the fans like it or not.  Was Gasol happy to go to the Lakers?  Well, there's a bit more to the story...

I remember the Laker game immediately after the trade.  From memory, it went something like this: Gasol was intently watching from behind the bench.  He was going back to Memphis the next day because he flew out to LA to be with his new team with so much enthusiasm that he didn't even bother packing his stuff.  If nothing else, the look on his face certainly indicated some eagerness to join his new team on the floor.

Now, Gasol's comments immediately after the trade are pretty well documented:
Gasol ecstatic after getting chance to join Bryant at Lakers (Reuters)
Quote from: Pau Gasol
"I'm up in the clouds, I still can't believe it," he said. "I'm still in a state of shock, but in personal and professional terms it is a huge boost for me and a huge opportunity.

"I'm going to fight to the death to achieve the team's objectives. In Los Angeles I will have a chance to win the title."

Gasol said the only downside to his move was that he would be leaving Spanish team mate and close friend Juan Carlos Navarro at Memphis.

"We knew it was a possibility that we had talked about over the course of the season and he said to me: 'I hope they transfer you to a decent team'.

So, the picture I've gotten from all of this is:

• Memphis actually wanted to get rid of Gasol.
  • Gasol wanted out of Memphis, even with Navarro there.
  • Lakers got a much-needed power forward/center, with Bynum out for the rest of the season.
  • Memphis got Brown, Crittenton (promising, but third behind Farmar), salary cap space, rights to Marc Gasol, and two first round draft picks in 2008 and 2010.
  • The deal wasn't made public, for whatever reason. (Specific request by Gasol?  Didn't think they could deal with anyone else? Can't say, only speculation.)
  • Other coaches were/are upset
  • Lakers (especially Gasol) are really happy
  • Memphis... not so happy.  But they wouldn't have been happy anyway, with their failing team.

Yes, Memphis seems got the short end of the stick, but it sounds like they tried to get what they could.  Whether they tried as hard as they should have is another issue entirely, but I wasn't entirely off the mark with some of my previous statements.  It certainly sounds like they wouldn't have been a competitive team anyway.  After hearing from all the sides involved with the trade, it might not have been as grossly lopsided as you think, at least from a business standpoint.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 12:42:35 PM by Slack »
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline jChu*

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2025 on: May 06, 2008, 06:52:29 PM »
I don't know much about the controversies on the Gasol trade so ytl might be on to something, although it seem like both sides were satisfied with what they got. 

Going back to Kobe being MVP, I don't think people should say that Kobe doesn't deserve it because of Gasol.  Keep in mind that the Lakers were playing great basketball, first in the West, before Bynum got hurt and the Gasol trade.  During those times, everyone stepped up.  I too find Kobe to be an ass sometimes, calling out his teammates and requesting to be traded publicly, however he never let those things interfere with his game. He leaves it off the court and always play hard for the team. I find it funny how people criticized Kobe in the past for being a selfish player and yet, after the way he's playing now, can still find ways the criticize him.

Offline Jsmurf

• BUKKAKE!!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2026 on: May 06, 2008, 10:43:12 PM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Lakers-were-the-only-team-made-aware-of-Gasol-s-?urn=nba%2C65976
and many more angry articles from basketball professionals..... do a google search yourself.... oh wait.... you only want to know what Lakers fans think because the Lakers cheated and Stern let it happen just like how he always let those big city clubs cheat their way to the rings.

And it's a injury on SMALL FINGER.... BIG fucking DEAL....  have you played ball before?  The small finger very rarely touch the ball when shooting or even finger roll.  Maybe it gives you a second though when you try to slam it home.  Nice spin and exaggeration to make a point.

True, it's hard to win a title without stellar teammates, but we are not talking about stellar, we are talking about Lakers getting all the top tier franchise players by losing nothing.  Odom used to be the franchise for Clippers, Gasol was the same for Grizzlies... you see no one complained about how Lakers get Odom, but many around the league angered by the Gasol trade.  I wonder why   :fuckyou:

Remember Karl Malone and Gary Payton came to play for Lakers for almost free?  I know Lakers are expected to win it all this season with the deep team, but I truly hope karma will catch up with Lakers just like how Malone the dirtiest player ever retired without a ring, even with the super loaded Lakers team.

lol again and again, you still show no proof that the lakers cheated.  if anything, Grizzlies were stupid for making that deal... what else do you have? unless you show proof that Jerry Buss put a gun to Michael Heisley's head... you're just talking out of your ass.  and actually Gasol did want to be traded, it was big news during the off-season... because of that, Grizzlies did talk to several teams before the start of the season and learned of what deals those teams had to offer. now comes mid-season... and they want young players + dump salaries(for cap space) to rebuild. why else would they take Kwame Brown(joke of the nba)? thats 10mill coming off the books for next season + getting rid of Gasol's big salary. if you're so sure lakers cheated then what other team had a better combination of improving Grizzlies cap space + young talent?

a torn/detached ligament requiring surgery isn't a big deal?  the torn/detached ligament prevents Kobe from extending the pinky finger which means he's going to have some difficulty extending the finger next to it. this has been mentioned by Doctors, are you a Doctor yourself? if you knew anything about basketball,  you would know the slightest thing could throw off a jumpshot.  he's a shooting guard, not a 7foot center who dunks all the time. go back and read what most NBA analyst had to say about Kobe not opting for surgery... most of them were against it, saying that it would seriously affect his game.

the only outstanding deal the lakers got in the past couple years was Gasol.  and what the hell are you talking about? Lakers didn't get Odom for free. He was part of the fucking Shaq deal, people talk about it all the time.  Lakers came up the big losers on that deal... the media gave the lakers a hard time on that one.  how do you not know about that?

and one more thing about cap space, yeah that thing you don't seem to really care about. some free agents after this season:
----> MONTA ELLIS, BARBOSA, IGUODALA, BEN GORDON, JOSH SMITH, ANTAWN JAMISON, ALLEN IVERSON, SHAWN MARION, GILBERT ARENAS, BARON DAVIS, RON ARTEST, JERMAINE ONEAL, ELTON BRAND, COREY MAGGETTE
who knows if some of these nba stars will re-sign, but look at the huge possibilities for Grizzlies with all that cap space.  they can offer the highest salaries to these guys.  all of a sudden the Grizzlies trade doesn't look so stupid now does it? LMAO!
:shakeit:

Offline jChu*

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2027 on: May 07, 2008, 12:27:34 AM »
Kobe Bryant Wins Most Valuable Player Award!!!

Kobe won with 1,105 points, including 82 first place votes out of 126.

Chris Paul - 889 points
Kevin Garnett - 670 points
LeBron James - 438 points
Dwight Howard - 60 points

Offline Kamesan

• Member+
« Reply #2028 on: May 07, 2008, 07:12:20 AM »
Congrats to Kobe but I would have given it to Chris Paul.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2029 on: May 07, 2008, 10:06:29 AM »
Oh, ytl has spoken. Tired of lurking? Finally after my Kobe whoring all season. You're so full of fucking hate man, you don't even have the balls to have a sig and avatar in the hippest site in all the land. You gotta lurk like a punk bitch.

Time to shove it in his face again :D

KOBE BRYANT 2007-2008 MVP!!

WERDS from the MVP :bow:
[youtube=425,350]VbFVnjjVcuY[/youtube]

Before you call anyone a fucking rapist, remember he wasn't even charged or tried cuz the accuser wasn't even credible  - unless Kobe raped you - then that's a different story.

If going by statistical comparison (like I heard on the TNT broadcast tonite) Kobe's 81 point season and getting a team of Smush Pakers and Chris Mihms into the playoffs woulda been an MVP season - but he barely even got a vote.

Kobe played with a dislocated finger and sore groin and ended up missing ZERO games. Lebron wouldn't even play with a sore knuckle on his non shooting hand! What happened tonite? 2 for 18 shooting vs the Celtics. WAY to step it up LBJ!! Fuckin double double tonite. 12 points, 10 TURNOVERS!! Cavs have tons of weapons, Ilgauskas was an All Star. Without the work of Daniel Gibson, they wouldn't have pulled off the upset last year.

Yer welcome to be passionate, me and Thimas used to lay down the smack in the sports forum but scoreboard bitch. Where's your ROX? How bout that Yao Ming taking his ancient Chinese medicine to get us the GOLD! Whatever. Kobe has three rings while T-Mac, Yao, LBJ HAVE ZERO. Chokers all of em. Have a take, don't suck. And your Laker bias takes will make you look like an idiot every time. Celts got their Big 3 and Cassell. Cavs got "tougher" with an aging Ben Wallace. The 2004 Lakers only failed cuz Karl Malone and Horace Grant couldn't help the front court as Detroit swarmed Shaq and Kobe.

That Gasol is a rumor....you are fed too much by the gossip mongering cheapness that is ESPN and sports media nowadays. Open up your fucking eyes and see the majesty that is pure skill and dedication. One Kobe Bryant. This skill doesn't come by too often.

GOOD STUFF GUYS!!! I like action in the NBA thread.

I'm a tear more assholes tmr!! I ain't finished BITCH!

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2030 on: May 07, 2008, 09:27:03 PM »
Bulls still the focus as Suns wait for D'Antoni decision

The Phoenix Suns expect to know by Friday whether coach Mike D'Antoni has found a new job, according to sources close to the process.

The expectation in NBA coaching circles remains that D'Antoni's most likely destination is Chicago, provided that the financial obstacles facing the Bulls can be dodged.

Although D'Antoni and agent Warren LeGarie continue to hold talks with the New York Knicks -- with the Knicks said to be genuinely interested and contemplating whether to make an offer -- it has been known for days that Chicago is the job D'Antoni wants.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is D'Antoni the right coach for the Chicago Bulls?

At the start of the 2007-08 NBA season, the Chicago Bulls were considered a strong contender for the Eastern Conference crown.

However, the season turned out to be a disaster. Coach Scott Skiles lost his job in December; several of the young players regressed; and the Bulls ended up in the lottery. Now they stand at one of the most important crossroads in their franchise's history.

Chicago already has interviewed several coaching candidates, and signs are pointing to a possible marriage with Phoenix Suns coach Mike D'Antoni.

ESPN.com's Marc Stein has been reporting since last week that the Bulls would be the front-runner for D'Antoni's services should he leave the Suns. Late Sunday, Suns GM Steve Kerr confirmed reports that D'Antoni was free to interview with other teams, and in the past few days, D'Antoni has met with Bulls GM John Paxson and New York Knicks president Donnie Walsh.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Carlisle says talks are 'moving along,' could be hired by Mavs Friday

Friday is the earliest that the Dallas Mavericks will complete the expected hiring of Rick Carlisle as their new coach, according to NBA coaching sources.

Sources told ESPN.com that Carlisle is scheduled to make his second trip to Dallas at week's end after two days' worth of interviews with the Mavericks last week that established him as the clear favorite to replace the fired Avery Johnson.

After Mavericks president of basketball operations Donnie Nelson turned down owner Mark Cuban's invitation to move to the bench, Carlisle was the first candidate to interview for the Mavericks' vacancy. Carlisle followed up last Thursday's sitdown in Indianapolis with Nelson by flying to Dallas for face-to-face meetings with Cuban and an introductory meeting with star forward Dirk Nowitzki.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sonics trial to start as scheduled after owners' motion denied

SEATTLE -- A trial that likely will determine where the Seattle SuperSonics play next season will begin June 16 as scheduled.

U.S. District Judge Marsha Pechman in Seattle on Tuesday denied a motion by the team's owners requesting she rule on how much money the city could be awarded in damages should the Sonics win their case and leave the city before the start of next season.

She said such a request could have been made earlier than six weeks before the start of the trial. Pechman has said she will decide the case after hearing six days of evidence.

The motion denial means that if the city loses its case, a second trial would be needed to determine how much the Sonics would owe Seattle to free themselves of the KeyArena lease and move to Oklahoma City.

The city could then appeal the result of that second trial, and pursue an injunction that would put the move on hold until the money issue was resolved, according to the Seattle Post-Intelligencer.

The team's Oklahoma City-based ownership group wants to pay off the final two years of its lease of Seattle's KeyArena and move the team to Oklahoma City for next season. The city of Seattle is suing to force the team to fulfill the lease.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline ytl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2031 on: May 08, 2008, 12:21:06 AM »
Oh, ytl has spoken. Tired of lurking? Finally after my Kobe whoring all season. You're so full of fucking hate man, you don't even have the balls to have a sig and avatar in the hippest site in all the land. You gotta lurk like a punk bitch.

Time to shove it in his face again :D

KOBE BRYANT 2007-2008 MVP!!

WERDS from the MVP :bow:
[youtube=425,350]VbFVnjjVcuY[/youtube]

Before you call anyone a fucking rapist, remember he wasn't even charged or tried cuz the accuser wasn't even credible  - unless Kobe raped you - then that's a different story.

If going by statistical comparison (like I heard on the TNT broadcast tonite) Kobe's 81 point season and getting a team of Smush Pakers and Chris Mihms into the playoffs woulda been an MVP season - but he barely even got a vote.

Kobe played with a dislocated finger and sore groin and ended up missing ZERO games. Lebron wouldn't even play with a sore knuckle on his non shooting hand! What happened tonite? 2 for 18 shooting vs the Celtics. WAY to step it up LBJ!! Fuckin double double tonite. 12 points, 10 TURNOVERS!! Cavs have tons of weapons, Ilgauskas was an All Star. Without the work of Daniel Gibson, they wouldn't have pulled off the upset last year.

Yer welcome to be passionate, me and Thimas used to lay down the smack in the sports forum but scoreboard bitch. Where's your ROX? How bout that Yao Ming taking his ancient Chinese medicine to get us the GOLD! Whatever. Kobe has three rings while T-Mac, Yao, LBJ HAVE ZERO. Chokers all of em. Have a take, don't suck. And your Laker bias takes will make you look like an idiot every time. Celts got their Big 3 and Cassell. Cavs got "tougher" with an aging Ben Wallace. The 2004 Lakers only failed cuz Karl Malone and Horace Grant couldn't help the front court as Detroit swarmed Shaq and Kobe.

That Gasol is a rumor....you are fed too much by the gossip mongering cheapness that is ESPN and sports media nowadays. Open up your fucking eyes and see the majesty that is pure skill and dedication. One Kobe Bryant. This skill doesn't come by too often.

GOOD STUFF GUYS!!! I like action in the NBA thread.

I'm a tear more assholes tmr!! I ain't finished BITCH!

LOL, all words...

Remember who won the fantasy league?  BIATCH.

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2033 on: May 12, 2008, 02:56:33 AM »
Well, Carlisle's the new Mavs coach, and D'Antoni's headed to the Knicks.... good luck with that, D'Antoni. XD

That only leaves the Bulls and sun's without coaches at the moment.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2034 on: May 14, 2008, 09:00:50 AM »
The way the Eastern teams are playing so inconsistent away from home, they're surely right for the picking ...at least the games in the West are tighter. except...DAMN San Antonio keeps getting destroyed in New Orleans. 101-79.

I forgot to mention...

CONGRATULATIONS BYRON SCOTT ON COACH OF THE YEAR!!

The Laker franchise just blows me away at how committed they are to winning, the whole Shaq leaving is cuz Buss was too fucking cheap. When Shaq and Kobe "reconciled" and during Kobe's trade demands, they even agreed Jerry Buss was too busy playing games, fucking whores, and crashing his car to really care and it almost blew up in his face. Props to Mitch Kupchak to actually working out the deals and drafting properly. This whole season, regardless of what happens is most satisfying cuz Kobe is back on top. He has been the best player in the NBA for the past 8 years. There's no one even close.

That saying. The MVP is gonna light it up and finish it off Utah on Friday. He tried to pull a Jordan with Flu and his teammates went away from their game --- Lamar and Gasol are working it. Fish has to stay out of foul trouble. Unlike the other series, The Lake Show actually had a chance to win both games in Utah.

LOL, all words...

Remember who won the fantasy league?  BIATCH.

What? Can't handle the TRUTH! And yeah cuz I didn't even manage my team fucker.

Kobe doesn't deserve the MVP? He just got ALL Defensive Team Lebron's idea of defense is flopping like a punk. Want him to clutch up and shoot FTs? He clanks. Kobe just shuts up, keeps on playing bad back and all and guess what?

“Kobe Bryant had 33 points, 10 assists and eight rebounds in the Lakers’ overtime loss at Utah. Bryant has posted at least 30 points, six assists and six rebounds in each of his last five games, the longest such streak for any player in NBA postseason history. Michael Jordan (1993 to 1995) and Oscar Robertson (1963 to 1964) had four-game streaks which spanned playoff years.”

Good to see Trevor Ariza back, lord knows Jordan Farmar ain't bringing the fucking D.

Offline Reanimation

• Kameist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2035 on: May 17, 2008, 07:28:36 AM »
Lakers eliminate the Utah Jazz. Lakers back in the Western Conference Finals.

rofl during the game when the Utah fans calling the refs "YOU SUCK REFS" :rofl:

Offline jChu*

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2036 on: May 18, 2008, 05:42:06 AM »
WHOOOOOO LAKERS IN THE WEST FINALS!!!

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2037 on: May 20, 2008, 05:34:29 AM »
Aw shit, WCF gonna be a doozy, The Champs and the Lakeshow.
Game 1 on Wed, not really any rest time for the Spurs, but thats how it goes going a full 7 games in a series.
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2038 on: May 20, 2008, 09:12:19 AM »
^ YEAH SON!! Rematch of 2004 all over again.

This is what Parker will get when Turiaf/Gasol/Odom is in the lane SO he better watch out!!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1_WYSRxCXoE

Lebron came close but not enuff!! Ray Allen better get his shooting touch back. Paul Pierce can't score like that forever. Can't believe how low the Celts got....I stilll think they'll beat the Pissstons.

rofl during the game when the Utah fans calling the refs "YOU SUCK REFS" :rofl:

Yeah  I read how classy the Utah fans were, chanting "Cancer" when Derek Fisher was doing his FT's.

Kobe's back is FINE!!

LMAO jChu* - I saw that on the Lakers Nation.

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2039 on: May 21, 2008, 02:50:20 AM »
The Bulls won the #1 spot for the draft lottery.
The Heat got 2nd, and the T'Wolves got 3rd.
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Bugy Craxone - Oto mo Hikari mo Nai Basho de Ugoku Koto wo Yameta Shin