JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Lee Hyori - Miss Korea

Author Topic: Official NBA Thread  (Read 486416 times)

Offline fobmysterio

• Member+
  • 俺が誰だと思ってやがる!
Re: Official NBA Thread
« Reply #3140 on: March 02, 2011, 07:25:02 AM »
Another W for the Lakers in the book!  Man it's kinda sad how everyone's hyped cuz its their 4th straight wins... we used to be seeing this alot more often from the Lakeshow!

David Sterns seriously need to stop wussyfying the league... it's getting a bit too ridiculous,

1990s, Michael Jordan talks trash on the court,
2011,  Lebron James is having Twitter war with Daniel Gibson because of the latter's statement on how he's the new King of Cleveland.

1990s, Scottie Pippen always gets fouled HARD, but would jump back up as soon as he can, even with a nasty bump on his head after being elbowed by Zo
2000s, Paul Pierce getting carried away by Stretcher, Dwayne Wade on a wheel chair for a dislocated SHOULDER.

I know I'm definitely going to draw some heat with those comments, but I'm just saying, NBA is not what it used to be... Michael Jordan!!!!!!

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #3141 on: March 02, 2011, 07:31:35 AM »
^ I approve of your comments fobmysterio! GO LAKERS GO! MJ coulda got like 10 MVPs but the only thing he cared about (and same with Kobe) is chasing Bill Russell's 11 rings

Ugly game, lol wow the Lakers finally scoring nearly 5 minutes in until Kobe taking over in the third!! Luke Ridenour still looking for his jock strap with this SICK SPINNAMOVE!

and lol Mr. Adriana Lima

LMFAO Ron: "In Strip Clubs We Don't Throw Money, We Throw Peanut Butta!"

Keep up dat DEFENSE RonRon!! All basketball now. With Parker down, maybe Lakers got a chance at Top Seed.

Offline fobmysterio

• Member+
  • 俺が誰だと思ってやがる!
« Reply #3142 on: March 02, 2011, 07:44:58 AM »
^Thanks for the acknowledgment! Lakers fo life!

Kobe went nuts on the 2nd Half lol.  He's probably the closest thing to an old school player in terms of skill, and most importantly, mental toughness/determination.  Quite a few young superstars nowadays don't have that anymore, they are very gifted athletically and skill, but are probably the worst professional athletes ever.. Coming into the game pretending they are entering a match in WWF/WWE.

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #3143 on: March 02, 2011, 07:55:46 AM »
Dwayne Wade on a wheel chair for a dislocated SHOULDER.

I do see what you are saying but Wade suffered an actual injury. He didn't plan on dislocating his shoulder in a game against the Rockets. Freak accident. As for the wheelchair, he could have walked off the court but the wheelchair let him rest his arm so they could keep the joint as close as possible to the socket.

I do agree that limiting the trash talk is somewhat of a lost cause but to compare a nasty bump (even if it was pretty damn nasty) to a dislocated shoulder is stretching it.
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #3144 on: March 06, 2011, 01:23:08 AM »
HOLY SHIT!! Raptors and Nets giving the London audience their money's worth!!! TRIPLE OT SENSATION LMFAO!! Sasha with the clutch baskets for the win.

Loving the Lakers D up on the Bobcats last night, Ron Artest getting right into S-Jax's hamstring :lol: ANDREW BYNUM getting up 6 blocks, 17 boards in his usual role. CHAMPS!

D-FISH IRON MAN!!!   :bow:

set to play the Spurs tmr. BRING IT L!!!

Offline fobmysterio

• Member+
  • 俺が誰だと思ってやがる!
« Reply #3145 on: March 06, 2011, 03:26:55 PM »
How about them Nets?  And what's with Sasha?!!?!

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #3146 on: March 06, 2011, 07:53:52 PM »
Sasha gets traded to one of the worst teams in the league --> Sasha gets playing time --> Sasha starts playing well again --> Sasha once again transforms into The Machine

He took closing lessons from the Mamba.
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #3147 on: March 07, 2011, 12:13:23 AM »
HOW BOUT DEM LAKERS!!!

SPURS GETTING SERVED!!

GREAT WIN!!! Ron kissing his biceps. Kobe GOING OFF!!!!! oh man I loved how ESPN got their panties up in a bunch when Pau and Kobe came back in, they had to fuckin tell the second unit to get their heads outta their asses cuz CHAMPIONSHIPS aren't won in March! GO PHIL!! :tama-mad:

Offline fobmysterio

• Member+
  • 俺が誰だと思ってやがる!
« Reply #3148 on: March 07, 2011, 03:13:12 AM »
i was expecting a much closer game tbh. but dain, TIMMY GOT SERVED!!!#$!$@#$!%  Bynum's presence is coming back too!

Offline fobmysterio

• Member+
  • 俺が誰だと思ってやがる!
« Reply #3149 on: March 07, 2011, 03:33:36 AM »
As much as Kobe and Gasol was getting all the attention, Artest made my day!

First, the block and the fex

And then pwning Mr. Coffee

YOU MY BOY ARTEST! QUEENSBRIDGE

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #3150 on: March 07, 2011, 05:34:09 AM »
Daaaamn, I got Tim on my JPHiPBA team and I think this is the first time he's been the my least productive player for the night.

Good to see Fisher still being effective with what happened to his arm.
Glad Barnes is back too.
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #3151 on: March 08, 2011, 09:41:37 AM »
NO DOUBT IN MY MIND. FISH THE IRONMAN :bow: indeed, Barnes shot was off a bit durin the end but he got his reps in.

WHY ARE WE DEFIANT?!

WE GOT KOBE BRYANT!!!! MVP! MVP! MVP!

haha I love how our board is Laker dominated since the start  :lol:

What a statement game even tho they won't admit to it. Kobe just talking shit to the crowd. And the MVP chants in San Antonio!

Bynum FINALLY neutralizing those fuckin point guards. LOL he was going all Charlie Sheen in his tweets #WINNING calling em out xD "I haven't seen that yet from San Antonio this year," Bynum said. "But their starters definitely quit."

GASOL FOR THREE!! lol Slack, Duncan just got swarmed by arms of LO, Pau, and Bynum. think they said he only had 10 points in the past two games vs LA.

Just that kinda game tho, Pop calling it early, but still just a game until the playoffs start.

Gotta watch out for the Celts, Shaq shutting it down and just getting ready.

oh man, when is D-Wade gonna take the final shot when the game is on the line?? Ron Artest take on the Heat crying  :rofl:
http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2011/03/07/20110307_artest_mia_cry.nba/index.html

on ESPN Radio: http://espn.go.com/espnradio/player?rd=1#/live/?callsign=KSPNAM

Max: You ever come close to crying in the locker room.
Kobe: uh.. no.

How soon is Pat Riley gonna takeover?

Kobe just needs 12 points to pass Moses Malone. Fuck I wish I lived in LA, I'd go see a game with y'all  :jphip: TMR IN THE ATL!!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #3152 on: March 09, 2011, 10:16:32 AM »
ROLLING ROLLING ROLLING! oh shit. the SWAGGER Kobe showed on his block on Josh Smith on route to passing Moses Malone tonite vs the Hawks!!

lmfao @ Phil

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #3153 on: March 10, 2011, 01:28:51 AM »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #3154 on: March 10, 2011, 11:01:01 AM »

Offline fobmysterio

• Member+
  • 俺が誰だと思ってやがる!
« Reply #3155 on: March 10, 2011, 05:45:48 PM »
I dont get why people still love Lebron so much.

Though I'm not a big fan of his, I admit that he's one of the most gifted athlete in the history of sports, he can shoot, pass, rebound. 

Having said that.. I think he's one of the worst "professional" athlete ever, the scary part about Lebron James is... He is the most influential athlete this generation! Just look at how Nike went from "Just Do It" to "What should I do?" 

I dont think I'll need to remind anyone here about the "decision"

He's also got this "I don't care attitude"  Latest example comes from him saying "We Could Lose Every Game And Still Probably Make The Playoff"  This is not a tough minded athlete should be even thinking about, players like MJ or Kobe would focus more on getting back on track and thinking about what they've been doing wrong from the slump.

And also his "karma" remark against the Cavs, as well as having Twitter War (YES, TWITTER) against Daniel Gibson because he felt offended Gibson declared himself the new King of Cleveland, and this was a week ago too!

I sure hope he's not going to be the next Jordan... Not only was it fun to watch MJ taking people to school, its also very inspirational to see how hard he's been working, and how he carried the Bulls over Jazz during the flu game.

I'll leave you guys with this pic...

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #3156 on: March 11, 2011, 06:47:35 AM »
FUCK DA HEAT!! FUCK LEBRON AND HIS FLOPPING!!! FUCK WADE AND HIS FOULING LOSERNESS!! FUCK BOSH AND HIS WANNABE ALL STAR GAME!! :tama-mad: :tama-mad:

aight just one game, you knew the lakers were gonna tank this. THE FUCK FISH throwing a cross court pass to Gasol up by 6. Leaving Kobe like "FUCK YOU AND THE BENCH!!" and goes into deep three jackin mode. Frustrating but good for the Heat to be full of themselves and choke in the first round. Lakers were looking too much like championship form, gotta sneak attack em like last year in the 1st and 2nd rounds eh!!!!!

Man but the last sequence just baffles the mind like were these the same zebras who ran out of MSG after that Rutgers game? Give Lebron two FTs after Ron Artest breathed on him?? shit. overall, BLAKE WAKE THE FUCK UP!!

Dallas and Orlando best watch the fuck out!

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #3157 on: March 11, 2011, 07:16:39 AM »
It was bound to happen. Lakers were bound to lose and Heat were bound to win. Just to happened that those two things fell on the same night. Let's not read so much into this.
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #3158 on: March 13, 2011, 12:08:17 AM »
Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6204941

"[Dwyane] Wade fouled the shit out of me," Bryant said with his feet dipped in a bucket of ice water after the game. Bryant was referring to the 3-pointer he attempted with 1:06 left and the Lakers down 90-88.

"It was clearly evident," Bryant said. "They missed it. ... He fouled the hell out of me, they just missed it."

"I couldn't make that, he hit my whole arm," said Bryant, who had made his previous two 3-point attempts at the time, including a long 28-footer to tie the score at 88. "That's why I went so short. ... I should have been shooting three free throws."

Bryant said even Wade assumed he would hear a whistle after the play.

"He was surprised they didn't call a foul," Bryant said. "He came out and said, 'I fouled the shit out of you!'"

Ron Artest corralled the errant air ball by Bryant and missed a layup at the rim with Zydrunas Ilgauskas closing on him. Artest's missed shot involved a little more controversy, as the Lakers felt that Ilgauskas should have been called for goaltending.

"I should have made the layup, but he hit my hand, grabbed my arm, hit my head and goaltended too, possibly," Artest said. "But that's an excuse, man. I should have made the layup. That's it."

The officials stopped the game twice in the fourth quarter to review balls that went out of bounds to determine which team should retain possession, but were not able to on the plays involving Bryant and Artest.

Love it. That's why homecourt is so valuable. It made the difference in the 2004 finals when the Pisstons were thought to be the "aggressors" and why Boston was able to pull out 7 games last year in the finals. Blatant homer calls. I'm juss sayin. It is what it is.

Loved Kobe doing work after the game, getting a few of AmericaAirlines Arena so he could nail long range shots the next time....http://twitpic.com/48c7ve

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #3159 on: March 13, 2011, 06:59:20 AM »
Drew came up clutch for us when it mattered..BIG DREW!! KEEP ON BEASTING BIG FELLA

phew kobe looked like he twisted his ankle but he UNSTOPPABLE

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Lee Hyori - Miss Korea