JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo & Matsuzaki Nao - Momen no Handkerchief

Author Topic: The Idoling!!! Discussion Thread  (Read 753910 times)

Offline riOtkittin

• h!p fan since 2004
  • Member+
Re: The Idoling!!! Discussion Thread
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2008, 12:03:47 AM »
I would really want to see more translated stuff to get to know them.
I'm intrigued but since I don't understand much japanese it's hard to watch the show. =/

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • I shit my pants on a regular basis
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2008, 12:06:44 AM »
^ You have checked silverbolts thread on JPM?

http://www.jpopmusic.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=72387

Yeah I'd noticed it thanks and it helped a bit but everywhere I've looked for actual stuff by or featuring them I draw up blank. I've read up a little bit on the members and history and the like but unfortunately that only goes so far.

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2008, 02:47:50 AM »
Anyone new to the group should check out their most recent live. It's at the top right now so you can't miss it.

http://acchimuitepie.blogspot.com/

Offline Tanier

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2008, 09:32:16 AM »
I checked out their most recent live! It was great, and funny at some parts. That cover of Happy Summer Wedding + Lemon drop is a must see. and Their vocals have improved alot since their album...
I'm backkkkkkkk

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2009, 11:43:06 AM »
They appeared on AKBingo! this week. It was nice two see how they interacted with each other, like friends and not as rivals.

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2009, 11:06:03 AM »

*click*

Don't mind me, just trying to prove Idoling!!! aren't completely musically talentless, as opposed to what amateur gossip blogs say. :lol:

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2009, 12:51:48 PM »
That AKBIdoling scheme worked perfectly. I'm actually getting interested in getting to know Idoling better.

Silverbolt's blog is really useful to get to know who and what. Favorites so far include both Erikas.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 01:16:05 PM by BarrieV »

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2009, 01:13:38 PM »
Feel free to ask anything. :lol:

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2009, 02:47:55 PM »

Just learning which name goes with what face and stuff.

I discovered Nao Asahi has the same birthday as me (except for the year)!

Current top #3 fav list  (after a couple of hours researching :lol:)
1. Erika Tonooka
2. Rurika Yokoyama
3. Noa Asahi

Also grabbed their album. Not really feeling it atm, but it might grow on me.

Gotta say, this group is marketed somewhat strange. Their songs are quite happy sounding, some of them are pretty young, but a lot of them have quite daring photoshoots in various magazines and IVs. I mean, nothing that strange, we've seen it in H!P and AKB48, I just didn't expect that from this group for some reason. Not complaining or anything..  :lol: My friends and I are about to place an order at amazon, we do this once or twice a year to safe shipping costs. I was thinking about picking up Tokooka's PB, but it has I AM SEVENTEEN as a title.  :lol: I can't buy that.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 03:18:46 PM by BarrieV »

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2009, 03:56:00 AM »
I see you went for the most orthodox ones, although Asahi has started to "blossom" lately, in an Idoling!!! kind of way. :lol: I had the same problem with the album too, at first, but it totally grew on me. The remix and the weird intro song are the only ones I dislike.

And about the gravure thing, since all of them are from different agencies it's just their way of promoting them. Idoling!!! has nothing to do with that really.

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2009, 06:42:19 PM »
Thanks to influence, I decided to give these girls a chance and I'm really liking them.

My favourite? ERIKA :heart:

They've got a new single coming out on the 29th, right?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 06:45:32 PM by shadowstar »

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2009, 07:37:28 PM »
Capped from the site since I can't be bothered to do anything else at the moment XD

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2009, 11:48:53 AM »
Here's a bunch of Erika Tonooka pix :pimp:

Young Sunday Visual Web

Young Gangan No.10 (2008/05/16)

Young Gangan No.09 (2008)

Young Gangan No.19 (2007/10/05) (incomplete)

Young Gangan No.08 (2008)

Young Gangan No.03 (2008)

Young Gangan No.01 (2008)

Young Gangan No.24 (2007)

Young Gangan No.23 (2007)

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2009, 12:10:48 PM »
^ HAVE MY BABIES!!! :heart:

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2009, 08:08:10 PM »

« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 01:25:35 PM by Masa »

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2009, 12:23:03 PM »
Three people all into the same girl? :lol: I'm not sure if I know of any episodes where Tonooka really shines, but she's awesome in Kyun Kyun Idoling!!!'s PV.

キュンキュンアイドリング!!! 「ベタな失恋~渋谷に降る雪~」

HQ version plus making of are available at Acchie Muite Pai!!!.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2009, 07:46:29 PM »
Three people all into the same girl? :lol: I'm not sure if I know of any episodes where Tonooka really shines

I like the fact that her eyes actually look like this: ^ ^  :lol:

I dlded a random episode and she pwned everybody in shitori! She shines in every episode  :lol:

CDJapan is so slow on getting the calendar shipped  :angry:

Idoling stuff is pretty hard to find online. Only one page or so of vids on youtube. Kinda strange considering they are on tv quite a lot and have a bunch of live dvds out already. Not to mention those dvd boxes where they play games on a beach 9at least, I think that's the content of those dvds, not sure haha)

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2009, 07:19:49 AM »
Ah of course, I forgot about Iisou shiritori. :lol: In terms of having a quick reaction time she's definitely at the top out of all the members, or on par with Yokoyama.

Also, try clicking my signature.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2009, 11:12:28 PM »
^that site is great. They put up the Tonooka Birthday celebration (older Idoling episode), which was kinda strange. She got like a life time supply of sesame seeds?!

The Tonooka calender is great. I received it and came up with an ingenious way of hanging it to my wall without having to tear of the pages. I know it doesn't really matter, I might as well use them as posters, but for now they're still attached. I'll post pics when I feel like it haha.

Watching the TonoTono Smile DVD at the moment. To be honest, I'm a little disappointed by it. [Spoilers ahead.. maybe].
First of all, it's very short (40 minutes plus a small bonus video). Secondly, the content isn't all that interesting. The first part is her relaxing and it has some shameless boob shots. Seriously, they put her boobs in focus like three times in a row. Totally unnecessary.. could have been more classy. The second part consists of her petting a hyperactive poodle. Not only does the dog look ridiculous, it's clear that the dog doesn't want to be there. The next part is Erica as a doll, with a wig on in front some horrid wallpaper doing some poses.
I was hoping for more like a H!P style Alo Hello video or like Acchan's dvd. I want to see what's she's like when she's not on Idoling and to hear her express her opinions on things etc. The part where she made a heart shape cake was kinda cute, but still not that interesting. Near the end is the 'I want to be a princess' part, but it's basically her in what looks like a wedding dress. I've seen scenes like that before so that must be some sort of fetish as well  :P Next, "I want to be a celebrity", which means sitting in a pool wearing a gold bikini. This part lasts much longer than the previous parts. Lastly, we see her in the orange bikini featured on the dvd cover. Couple of minutes of her getting a massage.
Overall, probably not worth the money. HOWEVER, it's Erica so it's still a must have  :lol: Secondly, the box fold out and looks pretty cool. Btw, I didn't buy it (yet?), the video is available on the site in Ayabie's signature  :)

The new Idoling!!! single:

アイドリング!!! 「baby blue」

Cute and soothing song, I like it. I've come to love the album as well.. just took a couple of listens  :)

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2009, 02:50:27 PM »
Well, since Forever Idoling is down I'll just put my report here instead.

2009.04.30 - "baby blue" release event ~サプライズって??~ (A surprise...??)
Participants were everyone but Yazawa and Tonooka.

I bought one copy of the regular version, and got a Maipuru trading card which was awesome. Been a while since my last handshake event, and they just get faster on pushing you forward every time. Sad to miss out on #6 and #7, but Morita was there so it's all good. :lol: My first impression of the new members Ookawa > Hashimoto > Tachibana. All three of them look better up close, though.

The "surprise" was a lottery. 5 of the girls mentioned a random 3-digit number each and the winners got a haiku from an earlier event. The picked members were Rurika > Suu-chan > Fonchi > Ookawa > Amimi, I had #606 so I had no chance of winning there, really...

Also, while lining up before the actual handshake I was standing behind some guy who claimed he did the guitar work for baby blue, in which he added means he's met the members etc. He even showed off he had Tonooka's address registered in his cell phone to the guy standing beside him. I was on the verge of laughing when he said "The girls said they were happy to have met me". Bullshit or the real deal, I guess we'll never know. :lol: I'll try to look out for him in the future.

By the way, my hands smell like idol.

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo & Matsuzaki Nao - Momen no Handkerchief