JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: L`Arc~en~Ciel - Link -KISS Mix-

Author Topic: DOMO request thread!  (Read 98126 times)

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: DOMO request thread!
« Reply #120 on: February 22, 2008, 05:00:01 AM »
i'm currently downloading UNFAIR the drama, 11 episodes and also the soft subs separately.  I wanna ask if the SP and movie has been english subbed yet?  either in soft subs or hardsubbed?

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #121 on: February 22, 2008, 05:11:14 AM »
the SP has been in progress since it aired I belive, but no updates about its development since the middle of Dec it looks like. I think the movie was floating around the asian movie sites with subs, but I'm completely sure.

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #122 on: February 23, 2008, 05:17:21 AM »
thanks, tenkei. 

So the SP is not subbed yet.... ok.  The movie is subbed though.... can u tell me where i can find it? 

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #123 on: April 05, 2008, 04:48:37 AM »
long shot here, but someone have the movie Attack the Gas Station? I wanted to d/l it, but that was before I had my laptop :lol:

If anybody has it, please let me know :)

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #124 on: April 13, 2008, 01:24:43 AM »
know where i can find some good J-horror movies or even scary asian movies?

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #125 on: September 22, 2008, 10:43:51 AM »
does anybody know where I can download japanese variety shows?? I know of D-Addicts and Jpopsuki. But I'm wondering are there any sites dedicated solely to Mechaike, Heyx3 and various others?

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #126 on: September 22, 2008, 07:33:18 PM »
those are the only two torrent sites i would think to check. you could try share and/or winny as well, which is kind of like a japanese slsk... there's a thread in the geek that can help you get started/search with it: http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=6967.0

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #127 on: September 24, 2008, 07:54:56 AM »
alright cool, ill check it out

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #128 on: September 30, 2008, 05:09:31 PM »
Does anyone know if the movie Blue was ever subbed in English? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_(2001_film)

I've been able to find it for download in the raw form and with Korean subtitles but not with English :cry:

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #129 on: September 13, 2009, 05:40:42 AM »
request ROOKIES: GRADUATION the movie.

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #130 on: November 14, 2009, 08:43:55 AM »
would anyone recommend me any Japanese action/spy/war thriller movies? something like those James Bond movies, The Bourne Identity/Supremcy/Ultimatum, Mission Impossible, U.S. Marshals, The Negotiator, Band of Brothers, etc. u know, like really amazing, blow-your-mind action thriller movies. Even a good martial arts movies.

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #131 on: November 14, 2009, 12:00:02 PM »
you can check out some stuff like Dororo, Princess Blade, Azumi, Shinobi: Heart Under Blade. and some recently released movies from this year like Ichi or Goemon. those are all pretty much martial arts/samurai movies... Japan doesn't really do huge budget action movies like the Bourne series or MI series unless theyre samurai movies or campy movies like Yatterman or other sentai stuff. I cant even think of any Japanese spy movies lol...

Offline rebornsoul

• Member+
« Reply #132 on: November 15, 2009, 01:16:38 PM »
anyone watched amalfi ?

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #133 on: December 28, 2009, 02:48:03 AM »
Where can I hope to find several japanese movies?

-[noembed]noembed]
- [noembed][/noembed]
- [noembed][/noembed]
- [noembed][/noembed]
- Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Chikai (Live Action) (2009)

I search for most of the videos, torrents included, but no luck,  I may have been searching in the wrong sites, so please help in anyway you can, thanks.

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #134 on: December 28, 2009, 11:35:14 PM »
i get all my asian movies from fantasticsuperclub. might want to try asiandvdclub and avistaz as well. I actually have the higurashi movie and kisaragi, ill see if i can rip them off my dvd and up them for you in a few days. ill PM you later.

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #135 on: December 29, 2009, 03:07:28 AM »
Chikai was uploaded on Hello! Online, by virtue of Erena Ono starring in it.

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #136 on: January 01, 2010, 06:45:29 AM »
^Thank you, but it does not come with subtitles so I still have to find it...  though it's not surprising considering it's fairly new since it's been released on dvd...
I'd also found kisaragi, so I only need:

-Halfway
-Gentle Breeze in the wind
-The magic hour, I'd actually was able to found it in russian, with an external japanese audio file. I was able to add the japanese audio to the video.  but I'm currently looking for sub...

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #137 on: January 02, 2010, 12:01:44 AM »
if a movie's been subbed, you can find them on kloofy

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #138 on: January 23, 2010, 08:38:20 PM »
what are some good japanese dramas that thrills, excite, make ur blood pumping with action and heart racing and brain overworking and confused? 
I mean a good police/detective drama, solving crimes, firefighting, coast guard, puzzling, action etc.
I usually watch those comedic, lighthearted japanese dramas, thrown in with some dramatic, life-lesson, heartwarming moments that don't ruin the mood.  it makes u laugh and cry (though not too much).  like those idol dramas or the ones usually above idol dramas. 
but I'd never really watch an serious, action-oriented, puzzling crime-solving, police/detective or any with that sort.  which makes me wonder if such dramas actually exist in japan, or even that if the public wants to view such dramas so as to steer society from such scene and subject?  I dunno since I'd never heard of such.  Japan is like a peaceful country...

Usually I get my action packed dramas from HK TVB series from the 90's to early 2000's (I don't like current HK dramas, not of the same caliber).
-Burning Flames 1
-Armed Reaction 1,2,3,4
-Detective Investigation Files

and some good action kung-fu, comedy, drama ancient series like:
-Deer and the Cauldron 1997
-The Condors Trilogy
-The Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils (TVB, 1997)
-The Flying Fox of the Snowy Mountain 1999 (TVB, 1999)
etc.

i wanted to watch japanese dramas like these. 
I did watch NHK taiga drama Fuurin Kazan and loved it.  Hopefully i can find more dramas like that. 

in Detective/police Dramas, I'd watch quite a bit growing up, american and hk series, but the one that stands above all for me is the anime series Detective Conan (Case Closed) now I'd compared those to DC.  I want a drama of this quality.  I watched Deathnote and the way they play it out is like a first-rate detective fiction.  I loved the live action as well.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #139 on: January 24, 2010, 12:08:48 AM »
For police/detective stuff, I think jdramas have 1 or 2 of them every season.
Can't think of any that are really action-oriented. So they must be pretty scarce.

"Koshonin 2" would be the one i'd recommend for you. 2nd season just finished. and I just finished watching it.
English name "The Negotiator", it's mainly based on the heroine negotiatior and the police team finding the culprit and then talking sense into them. It has some mind games here and there. And a serious storyline.
It also has a movie coming out in March. And something with 2 seasons and a movie can't be that bad. :P
(forgot, a tv special and a DS video game!)
Here are links for season 1 and 2:
http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/koshonin_01/
http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/koshonin/

For others, just off my head. A little before there was "Boss", a cop-team drama which a little more lighthearted.
"Galileo", which was a fresh style of using science to solve crimes.
"Bloody Monday", which feels like 24 with kids (my opinion).
And a lot further back was "SP". A more action-oriented drama. I wish it had a sequel or movie... :(

As for the coming season, it would be "Hidamari Tantei EYE". Which is a "schoolkid detective and his teacher" drama.
I watched the SP episode for this and it was pretty good.

Heck, why not try the first episode for all of them. The cases normally end in each episode. :lol:
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 12:15:11 AM by winner »

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: L`Arc~en~Ciel - Link -KISS Mix-