JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sunny Hill - Marionette

Author Topic: Under The Same Sky (SayaMilky AU)  (Read 1845 times)

Offline JR

• i write angst. SayaMilky main. Love a request
    • retard4846
Under The Same Sky (SayaMilky AU)
« on: August 29, 2022, 02:09:06 PM »
                                                                      Under the same sky

“Happy 3rd anniversary.”
 Sayanee whispered to Milky’s ear while both sitting side by side with their body touched on the rooftop, looking at the vast dark sky and its countless stars. “I love you.”
“I love you too.”
A memory that will be forever in Milky’s mind.
A memory.

“Hey, so we got some work to do this afternoon.” Said Yuihan her best friend, her class mate and her partner for the drama show their university theater team will held in 3 months.

“We got to send this proposal to potential sponsor…are you listening to me” she asked, knowing that Milky hadn’t move a bit since she sat down in the chair next to the girl.

“Ah, sorry what did you say?”

“What is it?” Yuihan glanced at Milky’s phone.

Milky didn’t want to answer it at first.

“Sayanee?” Yuihan guessed.

“Someone tagged me in a post with her.”

“Who’s that motherfucking insensitive bastard?”  Yuihan took the phone from Milky’s hand and check it herself. It was her girlfriend, Haruka.

“Oh…umm…I’ll tell her later if I meet her.”

Milky just shook her head lightly.

“She looks happy now.” Milky said.

A silent crept between the two girls for a while.

“Well, you are happy too, aren’t you?”

“Yes. It’s just…it’s nice to see her achieving her dreams.”

That was what Milky said, but Yuihan could see clearly the emptiness in her best friend’s eyes.

Milky suddenly changed the topic to the drama show. Yuihan explained about it once again without questioning or mentioning anything about it again and they went to finish their duty after eating.

__________________________________________________________________________________
Paruru visited Yuihan in her apartment late in the night. She also had quite a lot of things that day but she wanted to eat some late-night snack with Yuihan so, she came.

“Why did you tag Milky and Sayanee together? You know how Milky feels about the breakup still, right?” Yuihan confronted Paruru when they were sitting face to face in front of the gyudon, Yuihan’s favorite food, and melon bread, Paruru’s favorite.

“I know. But Sayanee is my friend just as Milky is your friend.”

Yuihan looked at Paruru confused.

“I know how she feels.” Paruru added.

“You got me lost here.”

“Sayanee did it all for Milky.”

It had been 2 years or so since Milky and Sayanee broke up. It was not a nice one if one had to say. Sayanee had betrayed Milky. At least that was how Milky knew it. Then, Sayaka went away, far away to the place that she always wanted. Milky didn’t really know about this because there were no more ‘they’ for them. It had been Sayanee or Milky  since.
Milky’s heart was broken, that is for sure.
She never heard anything about Sayanee after. For the longest time, her life felt empty. But as people always say, time is the cure. Slowly but sure, Milky felt okay. Terribly okay, in fact.
But she never thought that it would feel like a lightning struck when she saw or heard her name again. She didn’t know why. It was just like that.

And what about Sayanee?

Sayanee betrayed Milky, it was true. She made it that way. Because she realized that if she kept being with Milky that time, they could never achieve their dream. With a bit of a selfish thought, she decided to make as if she didn’t love Milky anymore. So, she could get away. Just a few months after their third anniversary.

She made it. 

There was this sort of relieve at first. Then she felt sad. Milky was everything to her. The sadness, she couldn’t explain. But she had decided and she determined. She thought that she’ll comeback after she settled herself. Although she was not sure if Milky will be alone by that time, but she thought that she needed to take the risk. For both of them.
Paruru knew about this, even though not from the start. Sayanee only told a fragment of her side of story to Paruru after they ended up having a conversation where Sayanee had no other choice but to tell her best friend about it.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Sayanee was playing a mobile game while lying on her couch when Milky came and bring some foods for her. Something that she did sometimes when Sayanee’s parents were not home. Milky put the big plastic bag with two meals for their dinner on the table.

She approached the older girl and sat at the space beside Sayanee’s leg. She looked at her girlfriend who was still focused on her phone.

“Am I just gonna be here watching you for hours?” she asked.

“What? Of course, no.” Answered Sayanee quick. She let her right hand off of her phone so that she could see Milky’s face.  “Come here.” she grinned and tapped the small space left beside her body telling Milky to lie down with her. 

Milky moved her body heavily as if she didn’t want to do it. Meanwhile Sayanee getting her right arm ready as Milky’s arm pillow. She then pulled the eyesmile girl closed to her body. Wrapped her tight.

“My baby.” Sayanee said.

Milky also wrapped her arms around her girlfriend’s body and felt her warmth as she hugged her.

“I told you to just come here first then we can order from here.”

“It will cost us a delivery fee while I can just get the food on my way here.”

Sayanee gave her small girlfriend a peck on her forehead.

“Let’s play together. You tap this button when I tell you, okay?”

Milky didn’t say yes, but she played along.

“Tap! Tap! No, no, no.”

Sayanee screamed and they were laughing together.

They lost the game.

“Did you tap it wrongly on purpose? Huh? Answer me honestly miss.”

Milky smirked and sticked her tongue out a little.

“You…you have to give me a kiss as punishment.” Sayanee pushed her lips to Milky’s direction.

“Aaaa….” Milky looked away and tried to hold her girlfriend’s body with all of her strength from getting closer. But Sayanee was strong and managed to kiss Milky slightly on the cheek.

“Next time, I’m gonna aim for your lips.” Sayanee teased. She fixed her position.

Milky did the same.

“Anyway, what are going to do after this? After school, I mean.” Sayanee asked when they were already in a comfortable position.

That question got Milky think a little. She didn’t really know what she wanted to be but there was one thing she always sure about. She wanted to go far away from home to continue her study. She wanted to know how it feels to miss home.

“Let’s go together.” Sayanee said.

_________________________________________________________________________________

“Hey, Milky...Are you listening to me?”

That brought Milky back to her sense.

“Oh, sorry. What is it, Kei?”

Years passed and they were all graduated from university. Milky got her job, so did Sayanee. She got a pretty good position in the place she lived.

“Are you spacing out again? I see that you do that a lot lately.” Kei, Milky’s co-worker, was seriously concerned about her. 

“I just, I got some stuffs in my mind now.” She replied.

“What is it? There’s a company dinner this evening.”

“Can I skip it? I feel a little bit dizzy.”

Milky naturally hated crowd, but that day her head felt heavier than usual indeed. She just wanted to go home early and sleep. Kei understood and she told their boss that Milky might have to skip it this time.

Meanwhile, on the other side, Sayanee was back in town.  She called Paruru for a meet up. Paruru was with Yuihan by the time Sayanee called her. That evening, the three ended up having coffee together in a café near Paruru’s workplace.

They were talking and talking. Mostly the two best friends, catching up things.

“So, how’s Milky?” Sayanee looked at Yuihan all of sudden.

“She’s…” in her mind, Yuihan wanted to be angry at Sayanee. She wanted to ask her a bunch of questions about why she did what she did.

“She’s great!” she said at last.

“Is she with someone right now?”

“Are you?”

“I’m coming back for her.”

Yuihan just couldn’t believe what she heard. Although she knew quite a bit of it from Paruru, but hearing that sentence coming out from Sayanee herself, she couldn’t help but wondering how it seemed so easy for her. Like, there was nothing wrong and there’s never a heart that’s broken.

“I personally prefer that you never comeback.” Yuihan voiced out her opinion without thinking about what Sayanee would think of her. By that time, her phone rang.

A call from Milky.

“Yuihan, can you pick me up? I’m not feeling good.” Milky said over the phone.

“What happened? Where are you?”

“I just feel a little dizzy. I’m outside my office now.”

“Okay, just stay where you are. Don’t go anywhere.”

Sayanee and Paruru knew that it was from Milky. The short girl asked about what happened but Yuihan refused to say it. Yuihan packed her belonging. Just when she was about to leave her seat, Sayanee grabbed her hand.

“Where is she?” She gave Yuihan a serious look. “Let me pick her up.”

“Are you kidding me?” Yuihan took turn to look at Sayanee and Paruru. She was kind of hoping that her girlfriend would be on her side and say something to Sayanee to get rid of that idea, but Paruru didn’t say anything.

“Woah” She looked away in disbelief.

Sayanee didn’t let go of her grip.

“I’m gonna punch you if you don’t let go of my hand.”

“Do it. Punch me. As long as you let me pick her up.”

“You crazy bi…”

Sayanee strengthened her grip to Yuihan’s hand.

Yuihan shook her hand off hard and swung the other hand to punch Sayanee. She didn’t hold back. Sayanee got pushed back and probably would already fall if she didn’t grab her chair. The sound was so loud that everyone inside the café was looking at them. Sayanee got the end of her lips bleeding. She wiped it as she stood straight back up to face Yuihan.   

“Thank you.”

The short girl packed her bag and walked out soon as Yuihan told her the address.

“Now Milky is gonna hate me forever.” Yuihan muttered.

Paruru grabbed her girlfriend’s hand but she shook it off.

“I don’t want to talk to you anymore today.” Yuihan avoid her girlfriend’s gaze annoyingly.

Milky waited patiently for Yuihan to come and get her. She was checking her phone when a white fancy car stopped in front of her. The door opened and she was so shocked to see Sayanee coming out of the car. Her heart beat so fast. Memories started to flash in her head. She almost couldn’t breathe at that moment but she tried not to show it.
Sayanee with bleeding lips and the skin around it that started to getting darker was only inches away from Milky. The girl was quite sure that Sayanee said something to greet her, but she couldn’t hear it.

The she saw Sayanee smiled at her.

“What are you doing here?” suddenly Milky’s heart filled with rage.

“I came to pick you up.”

“No, I’m waiting for Yuihan.”

“I get this from Yuihan so that I can pick you up instead.” Sayanee pointing at her lips.

“What do you want from me?”

“I want you to let me to take you home and maybe say a few words on the way.”

Milky wanted to say something but her headache was getting worse.

“Are you okay?” Sayanee grabbed Milky’s body that was getting weaker. She guided Milky to her car and took her bag. Milky didn’t have any other choice but to let Sayanee did it.

“Should I take you to the hospital instead?” The stoic girl asked when she sat on the seat opposite of her.

Milky told her that she just wanted to go home. Sayanee complied.

Then she remembered she had some medicine for headache in her bag and insisted Milky to take it. It made Milky feel a little better.

There was a silent between them for a moment after that. Before Sayanee broke it by saying sorry. She knew that Milky wouldn’t going to forgive her as easily but she wanted Milky to know her true intention. Hoping that at least she would understand.

"You fucking said that we’ll go together!! But you left me!!!” Milky wanted to scream those words in front of her ex-lover, but she didn’t. Instead, she looked outside the window. It felt like she stayed still while the people, the building and the trees were moving past by her.

“I want to be a successful person for you. And I realized back then if I kept being with you, I would only get distracted and I wouldn’t achieve this.” She paused. “I know that a lot of things could happened. That includes you probably found someone better than me. But I’ll risk it all cause I think you deserve someone great.”

Milky only reciprocated after a while.

“Have you ever thought that you’re using ‘I’ so much?”

Sayanee was surprised. She never really paid attention on her speech.

“If you have to be away from me to be successful, then you don’t need me in the first place.” Milky continued.  “You don’t have to comeback.”

Those words cut deep into Sayanee’s heart. Milky was the only thing she could think of when she was away. Or maybe she was wrong? Maybe she only thinks about herself all the time.

“I don’t want to be in your way…”

“No, that’s not what I…”

“I don’t want to reap something that you worked on so hard all by yourself while I was not even there to cheer you up.”

Sayanee wanted to say a lot of things, but she couldn’t get herself to say anything.

“You can drop me here.” Milky said.

The car stopped. Milky took her bag at the back seat and opened the door. Sayanee wanted to reach her ex-lover’s hand. She wanted to tell her to not go. She felt like she did, but she didn’t. Her hands tied tight where they were. She stared blankly at the empty seat while Milky closed the door and faded away.

Where did all go wrong? Sayanee asked herself. When did all go wrong? Maybe from the start? Maybe somewhere in between? It’s not important. She knew the consequences. Milky’s gone. Sayanee couldn’t fix it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Milky walked back to her house carrying her bag that felt heavier all of sudden. She loved Sayanee. She did. She never cared about what Sayanee would become. She thought that whatever it would be, they could get through it together.  So, the moment the stoic girl explained everything in the car, she knew that they were not meant to be together. Sayanee was better without her.
She was happy for Sayanee though, it was also true. She just thought that they had a future together.
Maybe in another life.

If I miss you which I am sure I will, I’ll look up and remember that at least, at the very least, we’re living under the same sky.

Thank you for reading this silly fanfic again. If you wondered why I kept making SayaMilky’s fanfic was bc I don’t know what ship should I write for fanfics. Lets say I use sayamilky as my default characters for my OS. Let me know if you want any ships to be written!

Offline Nozokime

• ecchi
  • Living on MilkyLand
Re: Under The Same Sky (SayaMilky AU)
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2022, 11:48:52 AM »
Ahhh I love your fics sayamilky you can feel that connection between the two beyond for some reason they always have a not so happy ending (tbh I feel bad for them sometimes)
but I always feel that they are like that couple that was born to be together but for some reason they always have a hard time specifying their relationship
anyway I liked this fic and I hope they continue writing about them :heart: :roll:

Thanks for the hard work, I'll be waiting for some next update!

Offline JR

• i write angst. SayaMilky main. Love a request
    • retard4846
Re: Under The Same Sky (SayaMilky AU)
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2023, 09:29:39 PM »
Thank you so much for reading! Again, it might a late reply I'm sorry.
I'm tired to see a always happy ending, so considering how Sayamilky interacted irl they would be a perfect angst!  :lol: 
Maybe they're the couple you mentioned irl since they're really close at beginning of NMB but slowly getting away from each other.
Thank you so much for liking this fanfic and this really motivated me to write more.  :deco:

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sunny Hill - Marionette