JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Suneohair - Pilot Lamp

Author Topic: The Doctor is in! New Doctor Who  (Read 82858 times)

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
Re: The Doctor is in! New Doctor Who
« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2011, 12:46:03 AM »
^ Are you sure? 'Cuz she confirmed at San Diego Comic Con in July that she will be returning for Series 7.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2011/07/doctor-who-star-karen-gillan-set-for-season-7-i-am-going-to-be-coming-back.html

Rory's coming back too.

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2011/08/15/doctor-who-series-7-rory-will-be-back/

Unfortunately, the next season won't air until Fall 2012.

Offline puretsubasa

• ecchi
« Reply #81 on: November 07, 2011, 04:53:43 AM »
Hmm... I read somewhere a while back that they were going to be coming back but only popping in every once in a while. I was under the impression that there would be a new companion but Amy and Rory would still be around.

Maybe not?

Offline krpsygafan

• Member+
« Reply #82 on: November 07, 2011, 11:10:33 PM »
Kind of like Luke in the last couple of years of the Sarah Jane Adventures. It was a fantastic,brilliant programme. It was more like old Doctor Who. That last episode was just gold.  It was seriously hilarious in parts.

Doctor Who has just lost me. I tuned in cause it was James Corden,and enjoyed it,that was a good one,but I literally had no idea what had happened to Amy and Rory.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 11:20:07 PM by krpsygafan »

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2012, 01:45:59 PM »
Was working today and suddenly felt there was something important I forgot to do... Oh yeah, the Dr Who Christmas SP! :w00t:

Greatest tv moment ever @4min
Mom: "Tell him that I borrowed Mr Goldsmith's car. That I found a spaceman in a field... possibly an angel, but he's injured and I can't get his helmet off so I'm having to take him into town to find a Police Telephone Box, alright?"
Kid: "alright"

Dad "Is that your mother? Where's she going?"
Kid: ... "out"

Offline krpsygafan

• Member+
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2012, 12:06:49 AM »
 :lol: It's still sat on my planner.

Offline Hart

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2012, 02:50:13 PM »
Remember when Rose and the Doctor wanted to watch the 2012 London Olympics during Season 2?

Well....

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #86 on: August 10, 2012, 11:29:54 PM »
Oh geez, how I loved this. :rockon:

LINK - http://www.angryzenmaster.com/2012/08/10/the-cast-and-crew-of-doctor-who-would-walk-500-miles

Thanks to the guys at AngryZenMaster for posting this up on their site. :thumbsup

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Hart

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #87 on: September 02, 2012, 12:11:13 AM »
Waiting for Season 7 premiere on BBC America to air in about 3 hours. In the meantime....

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #88 on: September 02, 2012, 04:32:15 AM »
Great start with a nice fast-paced story. Really enjoyed it. :heart:

And the question of the episode leaving everyone guessing is...
Spoiler: How does Oswin's character evolve to the new companion?

Offline Hart

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #89 on: September 02, 2012, 01:57:28 PM »
^ I almost forgot about the new companion. But after watching last night's premiere, Hart approves!!  :thumbup

Also remember how Karen Gillian played an extra in "The Fires of Pompei". That could be the case or.... It's another River Song wibbly-wobbly thing

Little tidbit: the new companion did appear in Captain America: The First Avenger

Offline krpsygafan

• Member+
« Reply #90 on: November 19, 2012, 08:38:51 PM »
I do genuinely mean to watch Doctor Who,but I just never got round to it. The Christmas special,however,does look good. The snowmen look epic.

Offline Hart

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #91 on: December 02, 2012, 10:39:21 PM »
Prequel to this year's Christmas special, a hint at the interactions between the Eleventh Doctor and his newest companion (sorta), and the Eleventh Doctor not wearing a bowtie:shocked

Oh and the trailer for the Christmas special:

Damn you, Moffat!!! First I'm scared of statues, now snowmen?  :angry:

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #92 on: December 30, 2012, 06:00:11 AM »
The Snowmen was great. :heart: New Tardis, new companion, new mystery that'll go a few seasons. Exciting stuff. :)

Classic Meet-the-Tardis moment:
Doctor: Go on say it. Most people do.
Oswin: Smaller on the outside... <- meet the new king :theking

And this XD

Offline krpsygafan

• Member+
« Reply #93 on: December 30, 2012, 01:23:34 PM »
Well I did enjoy it. There were parts I thought were a bit weird,like the Doctor talking to Clara and them not noticing that snowman in front of them did look a bit weird.

I also thought the snowmen could have been in it more. The ending was good though.

Offline Hart

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #94 on: December 30, 2012, 06:11:23 PM »
First impressions on The Snowmen: Feels like a Doctor Who version of The Dark Knight Returns, what with The Doctor being "retired" after what happened to Amy and Rory; he stopped wearing a bowtie, becoming secluded up in the clouds, not caring about humanity or the universe. Only to come back when Clara shows up (he didn't realize he put on the bowtie).

I gotta say, that was a brilliant way to introduce the new companion. Great banter between them. Now I'm intrigued about the mystery behind Dalek Oswin Oswald/Victorian Clara Oswin Oswald/Modern Clara Oswald, how she/them are interconnected, and probably the 'Great Intelligence'.

Love the new interior of the TARDIS. Somewhat new yet familiar to past versions. Also love the new opening and a nod to the past with Matt Smith's face showing up. And love the new outfit. Traded the suspenders for a vest. Hope he keeps the reading glasses, probably to remember the Ponds by.  :(

Probably won't happen, like with Jenny (The Doctor's daughter), I want to see a spin-off with Madame Vastra, her wife Jenny (I knew there was something going on between them during A Good Man Goes to War), and Strax, who I thought was mortally wounded last time we saw him, in a steampunk-ish Victorian London. Hope to see them sometime later next year.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #95 on: January 03, 2013, 04:52:20 AM »
Somewhat old news, as it was originally published about a week ago; but whatever, it's new here. :thumbsup

Royal Mail reveals Doctor Who stamps
25 December 2012 Last updated at 19:26 ET

Tom Baker, David Tennant and Patrick Troughton are to feature on a special set of Royal Mail stamps in 2013.

The collection marks the 50th anniversary of sci-fi show Doctor Who, with all 11 Doctors getting their own first class stamp.

Four of the show's most notorious villains, including the Daleks and the Cybermen, star on the second class set.

The show first ran from 1963 to 1989. A successful revival returned it to Saturday night schedules in 2005.

Andrew Hammond of the Royal Mail said the commemorative selection "pay tribute to the brilliant actors that have played the Doctor over the years, as well as the adversaries that helped make the show so popular".

The time travelling adventurer is currently played by Matt Smith.

Joining him for the 50th anniversary year is new co-star Jenna-Louise Coleman, who played Clara in the Christmas Day episode, and will be the Doctor's new companion in the 2013 series.

The show's head writer, Steven Moffat, has promised "tremendous surprises" for the golden anniversary, but says he will be keeping them under wraps.

"They wouldn't be surprises if I accidentally said them now, would they?" he said at a preview screening of the Christmas episode.

"But I promise you, we're going to take over television," he added.

The writer has even kept the secrets safe from his leading man.

"We're as much in the dark as the majority of other people," Smith told BBC Radio 1. "I imagine I'll get to read something in January, February time."

However, the actor promised: "We'll make it the biggest and the best year, hopefully in the show's history."

The Royal Mail stamps will be available in March.
FULL ARTICLE LINK - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-20838728

The stamps in question, as taken from the above-linked aritlce:
William Hartnell | Patrick Troughton | Jon Pertwee | Tom Baker

Peter Davidson | Colin Baker | Sylvester McCoy | Paul McGann

Christopher Ecclestone | David Tennant | Matt Smith

:twothumbs

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Saikami

• W O N K Y F I E D
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • TEAM AIBUTT
« Reply #96 on: January 04, 2013, 03:20:16 PM »
I really enjoyed the Christmas special! I've probably watched it about three or four times by now. :sweatdrop:

From the two episodes she's been in, Clara Oswin Oswald is officially my favorite companion thus far. I love her personality and cheekiness, and I think she'll bring a lot to the show. :mon lovelaff:

:mon blood:
[All hail AiButt! Sig by Dinny!]

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #97 on: February 08, 2013, 06:00:35 PM »
Not having netz at home, I figured I wouldn't be able to see anymore of the good Doctor.
Not the case thou. :)

I've been getting the DVDs from the library.
Watched series 5 and the xmas special from 2010 once again.
Just today, I got the xmas special from 2011, and am waiting on series 6 to get in. :)
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #98 on: February 09, 2013, 05:56:31 PM »
Just watched a Dr. Who anime on youtube.
Not too shabby. ;)
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline +u+u

• Member+
« Reply #99 on: February 09, 2013, 06:11:44 PM »
Doctor whooooooo!!! I got hooked last year around August, I think. I started from 11th Doctor. I've finished watching all episodes from series 5 until the latest Xmas Special. The Xmas special was AWESOME  :w00t: I watched it with sister and I think it got her hooked on Dr Who even more :lol: And now we're both looking forward to the series to continue!
I was a bit sad when I realized Amy won't be in the show anymore, but after seeing Clara.. I'm excited to see more of her  :w00t:

I should start watching the series of 10th doctor.. actually thinking of getting the DVD boxes (instead of downloading full seasons) * w*

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Suneohair - Pilot Lamp