JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: So Nyuh Shi Dae - The Boys [JAPANESE ver.]

Author Topic: [TV] Produce 48  (Read 26306 times)

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
Re: [TV] Produce 48
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2018, 05:23:00 PM »
Next set of challenge videos is... karaoke! Lots of variety in these, here's a few of the ones I liked so far:

Miru Shiroma and Yuuka Kato doing Boystyle's Kokoro no Chizu, which was apparently featured in the One Piece anime.

Heo Yunjin and Jo Yuri had a fun but well controlled performance of Girls' Generation's Holiday. Nice vocals.

Then there's a ton of just crazy fun. Here's fetus duo Lee Haeun and Cho Sarang performing Red Velvet's Red Flavor, or well attempting to haha. The dance is always fun, of course.

--

Man, I'm really glad they went with this instead of the utterly boring meringue challenge they had in season 2. All the challenges have been fun.

Check out the rest at the Mnet Official Youtube channel.

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2018, 01:33:39 AM »
Still checking out the karaoke vids...

Not sure that the fetus  karaoke
won them any votes

But on the other hand, Lee Haeun does get
my vote for her Charlie Chaplin tribute - it was a
very nice touch

(ENG) PRODUCE 48 | MNH LEE HAEUN 1MIN INTRODUCTION
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 01:50:24 AM by muppet »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2018, 10:26:06 AM »

Man, this is gonna be so dramatic.

"Are we just here to make them look good?"

"I feel discouraged by the different level of talent between the Japanese and Korean members"

"How did you pass the audition?"

So, business as usual for Mnet.

--

There was a press conference today, so, more information about the show:

• Final group will be 12 members
  • There is no quota for Japanese/Korean/Other members in this group
  • Only Koreans can vote
  • 2,5 years of promotions

Man, that's gonna make this... interesting to say the least. I was expecting some sort of a quota system (at least a soft one like 3-4 of each) but I wasn't sure if they were going to do any japanese or international voting.

While this is "fair" we'll get to see some interesting conversations about nationality and mnet is just going to milk all that drama as much as they can.

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2018, 05:53:44 PM »
One YouTuber’s take:

(Actual clips have been altered with fun sound effects, but links
are posted so viewer can see the actual clips as well)

produce 48 on crack

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2018, 12:40:01 AM »

We're almost there, and here's another version of Nekkoya!

Airtimes for tomorrow:

Friday 18:00 KST Ep.0 - Prologue
Friday 23:00 KST Ep.1 - The Meat

ALSO! They released an app aimed at global viewers for watching the show, TVING Global for PRODUCE 48:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cjenm.tvingglobal&hl=en
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tving-global-for-produce-48/id1393838008

Grab it, watch live on your phone, tablet, smart tv, whatnot.

--

Wub. Well, since the show is almost here and Miku has apparently dropped out I'll do some last-minute pre-show team adjusting:

Even though the show has no national quotas as we've learned, I'll stick to a soft one for now but I'll adjust it based on the total number of contestants. Since there's way more Korean trainees, let's go with 7 Koreans, 5 Japanese.

I'll still stick to my original team for now (just dropping Miku), but I'll go through some Korean contestants I've had up for consideration.

Current roster:

Roster updates:

Choi Yena - I'm slightly obsessed, cute wink vid, mystery box with chiyori was great, karaoke was... amazing
Ahn Yujin - insanely photogenic and cute, great eyecontact, A+ karaoke craziness with yena
Heo Yunjin - great wink video ending, fun mystery box with english, fun and skilled karaoke
Lee Chaeyeon - wonderful dancing at every opportunity, great karaoke perf
Park Haeyoon - breaks into song easily, it's kinda charming
Yoon Haesol - still there, ballad boredom danger tho

Miru - still derp, great karaoke perf
Nako - still cute as fuck, wink ace, mystery box was fun, also smol
Sakura - hilarious wink video, otherwise kinda just... there
Aoi - still cute
Miyu - korean skeelz

Candidates:

Yoon Eunbin

The dancing mario. She's a super cute fetus with great dancing skills. Here's a clip of her dancing a year ago. Love her dancing, but she hasn't shown any sign of singing ability yet (although the karaoke vids might be a poor showcase for that)

Park Jinny

Jinny is... really attractive and seems a little goofy as well. Of course a former YG-trainee would have a soft spot in my heart. I'm not sure about how good she really is as a performer yet, tho. I've seen some older videos where she seems alright. Karaoke was fine.

Kim Nayoung

The goofy girl with braces. She got my attention with the mystery box video where she was feeding grapes to Hitomi Honda, also sans braces hah. Karaoke was bonkers. She seems out there.

Jang Gyuri

There's something special about her... I've heard she's a pretty decent all-rounder, although there's rumours abound that she botched the first pd48 live performance.

Lee Haeun

Cute Charlie Chaplin girl, really cute Red Flavor karaoke.

Choi Soeun

Protect Me From Heavy Social Media Use

Park Minji

Minji was on my watchlist during the first season, never quite making it to the team. She is a very talented performer who didn't get any airtime early in season 1. By the time she started kicking ass in the performances, it was already too late and she was eliminated. It's a cautionary tale of how Mnet can really decide your fate, at least if you're not constantly putting yourself out there. Cam-whoring almost always pays off. And this season, it looks like she is going to frightening lengths in an attempt to stand out lol.

There's many, many others really but I should stop rambling, the show's almost here so we'll see more soon.

But for now, the spot goes to...

Yoon Eunbin. I'm a real sucker for cute dancing aces, I have to say. And she's really good. I kind of wanted Jinny in there too, and and and... we'll just see how this goes.

OK next time I post hopefully the show is airing XD
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 12:47:02 AM by Stryfe »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2018, 01:44:07 AM »

Great first episode, maximum drama, got a wedding and stuff to attend so I'll post more later.

Raws here: Korean subs, Japanese subs (both 720p)

You can see the first ranking here but remember it's pretty much a pre-show rank since it closed way way before the episode ended. Next week should be a lot different.

Cliffhanger city.... naturally they left Sakura & Jurina for next week. And could that music be any more dramatic. XD

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2018, 04:44:58 AM »
Team Japan a bit shell shocked from the exposure to the
high level skills of the members of Team Korea....

Not every Japanese performer got an “F”.......
Someone got a “C”......

NGT48 48 reps: Noe Yamada & Rena Hasegawa

For Noe, it looks like the show is framing this as
at first Team Korea was laughing at her, and that
changed to laughing with her...

For Rena, she was able to show off those
Baseball skills.
https://mobile.twitter.com/ENhXQR10yKB5ypB/status/1007579677613961216/video/1

PRODUCE48 [1회] ′감기는 아닙니다!′ 스튜디오를 장악한 허스키 보이스ㅣNGT48야마다 노에 180615 EP.1
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 05:06:01 AM by muppet »

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 05:27:48 AM by muppet »

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2018, 05:23:56 AM »
Well done
Rena!

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2018, 10:14:38 AM »
Not every Japanese performer got an “F”.......
Someone got a “C”......

This went by fairly quickly and the chronology was all over the place, so it was easy to miss that Miyu Takeuchi got an A and Saho Iwata got a B.

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2018, 01:09:01 PM »
Thanks for the info Stryfe san! Am really glad that Miyu and Saho got some recognition!

I was a little disappointed in Team Japan on how mild many of them were on
the box game (where the contestant puts their hand in the box, but can’t see if
Is a bunch of grapes or a rattlesnake that they are handling....

But I really like the various formats that all of the applicants must perform a skill!

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2018, 06:55:43 PM »
ok, finally watched episode 01 so let's pen down some thoughts and come up with an updated top 12!

Random thoughts:
- Man, there are a LOT of pretty girls participating.
- The difference in skill was even bigger than I had anticipated.
- I also didn't realize many of these Korean girls are famous to some extent already.
- Sting's 'Lee Kwang-soo' music playing every time Yamada Noe appears was just priceless.
- I'm probably outnumbered here, but I really disliked that Miyu / Saho / Goto performance.
- Also truly disappointed in Nakano Ikumi's performance. She's capable of so much more.
- Kang Hye Won, lmao. If I had a penny for every time a girl failed trying to cover IU...
- Mad props to the Produce editing team. It's so flawless and it adds the entertainment value.
- I felt the judges were spot on. I didn't think they were being unnecessarily mean or anything like that.

My Top 12 picks after Ep01:

:same 01. Kim Chaewon
:same 02. Park Jinny
:new 03. Jang Won Young
:up 04. Miyawaki Sakura
:down 05. Choi Soeun
:down: 06. Yoon Eunbin
:new 07. Choi Yena
:new 08. Chiba Erii
:new 09. Kang Damin
:down 10. Iwatate Saho
:down 11. Li Gaeun
:down 12. Kim Sohee

Runner up is Asai Yuka. So cute.
She's lacking in every area at the moment, but I like her talking voice.

Sorry, no fancy pictures. I simply don't have the time today.  :panic:
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 07:01:20 PM by SomethingWild »

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2018, 05:07:18 AM »
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 05:38:41 AM by muppet »

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2018, 05:18:03 AM »
Without knowledge of the agencies in Korea, the show is doing
well to let the viewers get some background information

Han Cho Won

[ENG sub] PRODUCE48 CUBEㅣ한초원ㅣHan Cho Won Appear Front All Trainee
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 05:37:17 AM by muppet »

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2018, 06:01:31 AM »
Top 25, and in the comments,
someone has pasted entire ranking

PRODUCE48 EP.01 | Official Ranking [TOP25]

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2018, 10:27:00 PM »

I'm sure most of you have found subs by now, but here's one option:

http://dramabus.com/show/produce-48/episode-1/

You can also just search subscene for softsubs and use them with the raw file, that's what I did. :P

--

They've started to post midweek rankings, which is something they didn't do for the previous seasons:

01. Lee Kaeun (Pledis) +4
02. Ahn Yujin (Starship)
03. Jang Wonyoung (Starship)
04. Kwon Eunbi (Woollim) +11
05. Sakura Miyawaki (HKT48) -4
06. Choi Yena (Yuehua) +1
07. Wang Yiren (Yuehua) +4
08. Noe Yamada (NGT48) +37
09. Moe Goto (AKB48) +7
10. Lee Chaeyeon (WM) +19
11. Jurina Matsui (SKE48) -7
12. Miyu Takeuchi (AKB48) +27

Source: Mnet Youtube
Transcribed here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Produce48/comments/8sexny/produce_48_rankings_as_of_june_20th/

I like this, we'll be able to see quickly how an episode REALLY affects the rankings. The immediate rankings at the end of the episode don't yet reflect how that ep changed anyone's opinion.

--

Roster updates

Choi Yena - funny, skilled, cute, entertaining, she's the best - scored an A, although I could barely hear her singing, guess the judges heard it better
Ahn Yujin - very cute, fun, showed singing and dancing skills - Scored a B, which seemed appropriate
Heo Yunjin - got shafted because of Kaeun's angel edit, looked like she'd have deserved more than a C
Lee Chaeyeon - stole the show with her dancing as expected - scored a well deserved A
Park Haeyoon - exceeded my expectations, seems quite ready to hit the stage - scored an A
Yoon Haesol - very few appearances in the first ep, not sure if she was graded yet either, probably not
Yoon Eunbin - almost no camera time, except one where she pouts and laments how ugly she is xD

Miru Shiroma - a nice "Oh My God" edit when Starship gurls got "only" a B, otherwise pretty much invisible
Nako Yabuki - teh cutest, however, hardly any cuts this episode
Sakura Miyawaki - cue dramatic music, stay tuned for episode 2
Aoi Motomura - provided the most nourishing and also cutest tears of the episode - Scored a rare D in the HKT48 disaster performance
Miyu Takeuchi - did great and scored the only Japanese A in the first episode, a bit shafted by the Moe illness edit

--

Like I said earlier I'll possibly rework my team after the second episode, but here's some people that caught my eye:

Kwon Eunbi - good dancing
Noe Yamada - she wasn't nearly as annoying as I expected, angel edit helped (with kwang soo's theme, too!) but she's fun no doubt
Wang Yiren - very pretty, flexible, skilled
Jang Wonyoung - giant baby, super cute, voice seemed a little baby-ish too but she definitely had some skills
Hwang Soyeon - well, I do have a working pair of eyes...
Wang Ke - pretty fucking funny
Yoo Minyoung - I don't necessarily need a rapper in my team but she's got the dibs right now
Saho Iwatate - quite charming, although overshadowed

There were others that performed but mnet highlights who they want to highlight. It's a bit sad but there's only so much airtime and some people are going to get shafted. You just HAVE to be memorable, in good or bad.

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2018, 05:09:22 PM »
Two interpretations of the same song

First: Magnetic stage prescence

[ENG sub] PRODUCE48 [1회] 스튜디오 초토화ㅣHOW유민영, 김민서, 왕크어 180615 EP.1

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2018, 05:20:11 PM »
And a very different interpretation - this performance got good grades for Miyu and Saho,
with Moe there in dance, but not in voice

[ENG sub] PRODUCE48 [단독/1회] 셀럽파이브의 재해석ㅣAKB48타케우치 미유, 고토 모에, 이와타
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 05:31:17 PM by muppet »

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2018, 03:23:54 PM »
Being in F Troop not so fun

Erii Chiba

[ENG SUB] PRODUCE48 Ep2 Class F (Don't cry)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 03:36:30 PM by muppet »

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2018, 06:08:29 PM »
Looks like being on the A Team also can cause ulcers

Well done Sakura san!

ENG SUB] Rank A Pick Me Reevaluation PRODUCE48 Ep2 ()

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: So Nyuh Shi Dae - The Boys [JAPANESE ver.]