JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tanpopo - Watashi No Kao

Author Topic: [Dorama] Saba Dol [Saba Doll] (starring Watanabe Mayu)  (Read 58078 times)

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
Re: [Dorama] Saba Dol [Saba Doll] (starring Watanabe Mayu)
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2012, 01:14:12 AM »

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2012, 03:32:15 AM »
This is bad, my reactions to the show are devolving more and more. I pretty much watch the entire show with a giant shit-eating grin on my face the entire time. Drowning in my bias! "BIYAAAAAA"  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mayu looking both younger and older in the office at the same time. :panic:

Ah, Mayu's acting in the Chiqichita scene today was -excellent-. This drama really managed to bag a good cast all around, as Chiqichita dude still has yet to really bother me.

Ahahahahahahahahaha the Mayu/Nashimoto dynamic is gold. I don't even care about how fucked up the implications are, their scenes together are all gold. Can't wait to see where their storyline goes, and I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy it no matter where it goes.

All footage of mayu with her hair down is win. SO PRETTY homg.

LEMON CAMEO CUT-OFF.  :rofl: SO MUCH COMEDIC WIN.

Awww yeah, Watanabe sisters syncthink FTW. The awesomeness is in their genes, fuckyea. Mayu flexing her voice-acting skillz there, too. Of course, I saw that tuna can smell fakeout coming from a mile away, and the twist ending, but the syncthink scene was still fun to watch.

Lol, this series has uncanny timing. We get this episode hot on the heels of our own "Fan Behavoir" thread talking about handshakes.

Gah, her expressions in that last scene! SO MUCH WIN. "BIYAAAAAA"  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dammit, I'm on the verge of declaring this show of having better writing and execution than Mendol, MG1, and MG2 combined, and that's with a massive MG1, No3b, and NezCen/Dance bias!

Oh shit, right, we're enterring the "all hell breaks loose, time for major wangst and shit" phase of dramas. Don't know if I'll be able to take crying Mayu scenes at this point, I'm so drowning in bias.

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2012, 06:57:41 AM »
^great review once again!  Thanks!

Choice caps

« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 02:43:01 PM by YKT »

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2012, 08:05:41 PM »
Saba Doll ep8

さばドル 120302 第8話
YT option

« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 12:33:06 PM by YKT »

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2012, 04:19:54 AM »
My life will forever be missing Mayufaces after the drama ends. HOW WILL I SURVIVE.

All of the lampooning of the entertainment industry in this drama is some much win. They go farther(with more biting humor, as well) and thus more hilarious than the caricatures in Mendol.

RETURN OF THE NEZUMIBOOTS! WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN Mayu on heels, on the other hand, is just awkward. Long live the Nezumiboots! And lol, badass!Mayu coming out as a result of sleep deprivation is win, not just on a character level, but Mayu's acting chops for all of her outbursts this episode were top-notch! She really could make a go at professional acting after he idol career.

Also, chalk-throwing teach is WIN. Mysterious as the dark side of the moooooooooon!

Wow, you know the acting is good when her gagging on the tofu-sushi thing doesn't come off as overacting.

Ah, and finally we get the jealous sister storyline. It's a shame this happened after the magnificent syncthink last episode.

Three things set actors apart in terms of quality: vocal delivery, facial expressions, and body language. No one in this drama has quite reached the level of body language acting yet, but most all of them have vocal deliveries down and more than a couple have moments of moving facial expressions.
Mayu, though, has aced both vocal delivery and facial expressions.

I wonder if the agency president's angle will ever be fully revealed, as to how much of the decisions are for Mayu's personal growth benefit and not just a "get over your issues and deal with it" for business purposes. Or rather, how much she sincerely cares for Mayu beyond being her charge and moneymaker.

Ah, that panning camera shot to only seeing janitor!Mayu's back is brilliant.

AHAHAHAHAHA dat cliffhanger is brilliant. I love both of the dynamics she's developed with Nashimoto and Chiqichita dude, with both having proved that they're not unlikable or total idiots, so this collision should be fun.

I am slightly disappointed that this episode did turn out to be stil episodic with self-containing plot, as the preview last time promised something deeper than "sleep deprivation is bad, love your manager!" thing.  The reason I'm disappointed, however, has more to do with the fact that this means we probably won't see quite as moving acting in the next episode. Today's ep was very emotion-driven, where as the next one seems very plot event-based, so I feel like the expressions next ep will be more generic.
Huh, the argument with her sister was never resolved. I wonder if they're planning to save the reuniting of the sisters for the finale, when they take down sniffy-dude in a glorious display of Watanabe HBIC-ness.

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2012, 12:51:43 PM »
Saba Doll comics are being released on Mayuyu's birthday!

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4063622169

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/406382151X

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2012, 06:55:05 AM »

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2012, 07:39:48 AM »
EPISODE 9

Credit AKB48GIFS

さばドル 120309 第9話

« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 07:18:18 PM by YKT »

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2012, 10:03:47 PM »
Today's monologues(both of them!) were so much win. Sparkling bobblehead Mayu gifs are win. What will I do with my life when the Mayufaces are forever gone. Rewatch the series over and over?

I'm starting to realize that Mayu will not actually having a full storyline with Fresh Lemon. Don't know how I feel about this. Hoping for at least one face-to-face meeting in the epilogue or something.

WTF they're using gay confessions to solve this problem!? That scene was so random!  :panic:

Seriously, I don't know how they managed to make Chiqichita completely not annoying. Major props to the writers for making him an actual likable character and not just the caricature he could have been.

SISTER IS SO MUCH WIN. She's the real badass in this series.

Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait the fuck just happened with this confession does he even know that the teacher is Mayu? THE FUCK!?

THIS PREVIEW THE FUCK IS GOING ON. Fuck yes Lemon AND Lovetan!

Seriously, what will I do with my life when the Mayufaces are forever gone. Rewatch the series over and over?

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2012, 11:15:10 PM »
LOL So they were really going in that direction with Mayu and Nashimoto? I half-expected it.. but I figured they would have paved over that.

There sure was some tension with that teacher working with that creepy guy but Mayu's sister saves the day, she's like a ninja or something. :lol:

Chiqichita guy sure is made of awesome and lol at him calling Nashimoto 'Chiqi-boy'.

Ah I wonder what they're gonna do with that creepy guy since he's so sure about who Mayu is.

Also I looked it up and the whole Chiqichita thing meaning cute girl is actually Chiquita, I guess they just have a weird way of pronouncing it. I seriously don't get why I even bothered looking into this.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 12:15:39 AM by Kid_Alpha »

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2012, 09:27:24 AM »
Preview of tom episode

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2012, 05:52:38 AM »

Saba Doll wrapped

EDIT: confirmed by Mayuyu per http://blog.oricon.co.jp/watarirouka/archive/9304/0

Mayuyu gave this to her fellow actors and staff

EDIT:

Saba Doll Episode 10

« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 04:20:42 AM by YKT »

Offline CtrlZee

• Undo
  • Member+
  • HAAAAPPY BIRTHDAAAAY TOOO YOUUU
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 02:21:27 PM by CtrlZee »

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2012, 03:31:47 AM »
FINALLY got around to watching this.

The sisters' relationship is the best dynamic in this show. Or at least the one with the best ratio of "dawww" grins to "lolwtf" grins.

LOLOLOL love for the teacher has led to Nashimoto graduating from wota-dom! LABUTAN WOOOOO! That was out of nowhere, but the best possible follow-up to the Fresh Lemon reveal! Mad respect for the script-writers, they know how to do comedy build-up over episodes and not just run their running gags into the ground. Yeah, I'd even put the writing here over Gokusen.

Why is Nashimoto so accepting of his feelings? Shouldn't there be some freaking out over taboos or something?

HAH. Mayu's faces while running to the event reacting to the failed directions is GOLD. And damn, can she look any prettier during that press conference.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAA.  :rofl: ROFLMAO PLAN B IS SO MUCH WIN. So. Much. Win. And LOL now the sister has a real love interest that she deserves.

Wtf, that guy smoking should totally fuck up his sense of smell. I call bullshit.

HAH. Change to the credits is WIN.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2012, 12:34:49 PM »
Sabadoru DVD Regular Box: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=ANSB-56111
Price: 15000yen
Release Date: 2012/07/25

Why so expensive, Japan?

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2012, 03:26:32 AM »

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2012, 04:11:30 AM »
120323 Saba Doll episode 11

or

120323 さばドル #11
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 04:40:46 AM by YKT »

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2012, 12:08:13 AM »
Man, that turtle has it going on.

WOO THE PRESIDENT WOOOO! I knew that she knew. Totally.
Ahahahahaha the Ayarin and Labutan cameos. Fuck, the writers of this show are hilarious. I'm not even sure exactly what they said, but so much win. The N46 cameo was touching. Line deliveries sounded realistic enough.

Lolololololol Mayu teaching the class is win.

Um, what's the Ayarinoshi's problem? Does it have anything to do with Mayu, or is he just against student-teacher relationships?

SISTER'S IDOL GROUP IS WIN. Especially the editting. That was crazy.

Ahahahahahahahahahaha Chiqichita dude/sister romance is win. Yay, the Chiqichita dude/Nashimoto teamwork I was looking forward to!

Holy shit, is daddy a cradle-robber? His new wife, or whoever that mother is, looks younger than Mayu's supposed to be.

Ugh, wow I was skeeved out by that "orotachi no koi." Kind of wish there had been more freaking out over the fact that his teacher and Mayu are the same. And the presence of Chiqichita dude was rather pointless in that scene other than for continuity's sake of them both looking for her.

Okay, show, we get it, Mayu can cry-act. We get it. You already hammered that in with MG2. Didn't need for that scene to be so long.

Meh, I understand how this episode was necessary, but probably because it's so good with the comedy, and comedy like that is easier to convey across language barriers than cheesy drama, was kind of bored with this ep. The Mayu-manager convo is probably the most touching part for people who understand Japanese. I switched to another tab during that part.  :nervous
Ah well, hopefully this means the majority of the finale won't be angst.

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2012, 05:57:36 AM »
Nashimoto must be a pretty romantic guy at heart since he seems so accepting of his feelings for his teacher. :lol:

Last two episode have been interesting so far. Don't really have much to say after that other than Mayu's sister is pretty awesome and did not expect the President to know who Mayu really was.

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tanpopo - Watashi No Kao