JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: BoA - No More Make Me Sick

Author Topic: [Discuss] How did you become an AKB48-fan?  (Read 48043 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
[Discuss] How did you become an AKB48-fan?
« on: August 31, 2010, 06:55:14 PM »
I can't believe we never had this kinda thread :doh:

Anyways, how did you become an AKB48-fan? Was it love at first sight or was it a long process? Tell your story!

Offline Blu-Cherri

• Figure of Sorrow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Figure of Loneliness
Re: [Discuss] How did you become an AKB48-fan?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 07:29:29 PM »
Right well it all started with a clip of aitakatta from the tracker really. I'd heard of them before then(not long after Team K joined possibly) but couldn't find anything more about them and kinda forgot about them for a bit.
Then I downloaded the first concert(there are no pillars) both versions and became a fan.(this was when I found erena as my oshimen).

Then around babybabybaby my interest fell a bit and even though I heard each single as it came out I found it hard to get back into it(There wasn't much here and there was so much new info and people on s48 I felt lodt).
When paris was announced I decided it was a good time to try and get back into the fandom and well...it worked a treat. Kyobu convinced me to post again at s48 and i discovered nihongogo by meeting them. Then the akbar48 here just grew and grew at a rapid rate and it just became a lot easier to be a fan =D
Now there's no stopping my fandom lol.

Forums like JPH!P really make it easier to follow overseas fandoms, don't know where I'd be without them <3

set made by me
Here's me singing and dancing!
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=15604.0

Offline hibachifinal

• リトル・プリンセス
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super Fab Imouto II Turbo
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 09:58:41 PM »
>>this is somewhat related

but yeah, i guess seeing Mendol/Kojiharu is what really drew me in. (And Iiwake Maybe, lol again)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 09:54:43 PM by ronin »

シャイニーくももかがやくよKY PP FCpixiv@hibachifinal

Offline Neppo

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 01:35:01 AM »
It started when the anime Fairy Tail came out. The first ending was Kanpeki gu no ne and it was really catchy. I looked up the artist and it was Watarirouka Hashiritai. Not knowing who they were, I decided to find a picture or video on the group. I found a PV for Kanpeki and decided to watch it. Liking the song and PV, I decided to find more songs by the group. After watching their other PVs, I went around the internet to find more information about them and found out they were a sub-group from AKB48. I decided to give them a try and watched River. At first it made me laugh when Takahashi Minami yelled out "AKB48," but the song grew on me as it progressed. Being more intrigued, I looked up more information on AKB48, listened to their old songs, and found this site. From here, it helped me expand my knowledge of AKB48 and made me became a fan.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 12:12:30 AM »
As I said before, I wasn't a fan when they started. For the first 1-2 years I didn't even bother checking them individually and only treated them as a group.
But there were some really great fansub clips, like the private videos, that had subliminally made me a fan of of some of the girls without even knowing their names.

Also the Music Fighter episode on 2006-11-11. Which I call the most important AKB48 clip on my PC.
MaiMai was cute as hell then. Look at her hooping!

And Miichan showed her crazy dance skills. This "girl 1" and "girl 2" would be the first 2 AKB members I really liked. :thumbup

Then there was some other girl that had no skills or interests in anything... other than a goal of singing in a concert in Tokyo Dome.
Yeah, right... she's gonna be gone by the end of the week...
She even laughed out of her nose in this pic~ I wonder where she's gone to? :P

Then in 2007 they had this really cool dance song called Seifuku ga Jama wo Suru. It got me serious with following the group's songs.
Jeez, they were like an army in the dance. A really cool schoolgirl army.

In the PV, there was this super-cute, crazy-innocent, angel-face schoolgirl. Super cute! :heart:
So sad seeing her waiting there for a guy that wouldn't come. That guy sucks.

No, I don't remember seeing her looking like this in the making till today. Or guess that she could do a great chicken. :lol:

Then in 2008 came TV shows like AKB 1ji 59fun and Nemousu TV. Which started helping me recognize them by name.
Concerts showed up, and the interesting shuffles got me into checking out stage songs more.

So in 2009, I put a lot more effort learning Team K and B (then they went and shuffled 'em...).
I was really suprised how good Team B's 3rd stage songs were. B B B WASSHOI!~ :lol:
A chain reaction happened:
Shuffle Concert finding :same Temo Demo no Namida (Shinoda, MaiMai) < Temo Demo no Namida (Yukirin, Mikacchi) :same Infinity :same telling Yukirin I love Temo Demo :same New residents moved to Yukirin World +1 :heart:

And the rest is history. in the making. :)

Offline zylem

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 09:02:20 PM »
My story is pretty simple and short... I was browsing the net one day for some new jap songs to refresh my songlist
then i found a funny video clip of a bunch of out of control girl dancing in front of a light house (aitakatta pv)
i found it a little retarded yet mysterious about these girls... so I did a little searching and found out this is an idol group AKB48 and i took a liking to kojiharu. Ever since that day i been following/a fan of AKB48 & kojiharu. ITs been about 3 years now  :) 

nyan nyan ~~ <3<3

Offline clockface

• Member+
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 09:53:17 PM »
I guess nobody reads those forum profile threads anymore huh?

When/how did you become an AKB48 fan: While my H!P fandom wasn't waning that much, the decline of Haromoni coinciding with the rise of AKB 0ji 59fun really clinched it for me. I mean, who wouldn't want to watch cute girls being tortured for our amusement?

Good god, that was almost exactly 1 year ago, but looks like it could use a little elaboration;

1st impression of AKB48 weren't that good. Being a defensive H!P fan and having being introduced to them by none other than Jonathan Ross was the cause for that. However, thanks to the now defunct "TV in Japan" website I was lured into watching a AKBINGO clip of the girls hanging on for dear life on the slide to floury doom. That peaked my interest but what really sealed the deal was the Iromoea episode featuring Yuko as a nurse. It was one of those "who is this wonderful person" moment and the rest is internet research history. Plus, torturing them also helped a lot.

Offline jafeijai

• Member+
  • Music is my life ♪
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 09:54:02 PM »
My story is pretty simple and short... I was browsing the net one day for some new jap songs to refresh my songlist
then i found a funny video clip of a bunch of out of control girl dancing in front of a light house (aitakatta pv)
i found it a little retarded yet mysterious about these girls... so I did a little searching and found out this is an idol group AKB48 and i took a liking to kojiharu. Ever since that day i been following/a fan of AKB48 & kojiharu. ITs been about 3 years now  :) 

nyan nyan ~~ <3<3
:welcome Welcome to JPH!P and the AKBar zylem!!

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2010, 10:58:33 PM »
lol nice one Clock. Here's mine from over a year ago:

When/how did you become an AKB48 fan: I saw their Aitakka PV and Music Fighter performance, and I thought it was cool. However, at the time I just got into Morning Musume/H!P and I thought AKB was for pervs  :lol:. It wasn't until Sakura 2K8 I really got into them. I didn't like the singles they released before that one at the time. When I got my weekly 1ji59fun/AKBingo fix I really got to know them and started following them more closely. Then dramas like men-dol appeared which are just great fun.

It's still true haha. When OD came out, I started appreciating their songs. I didn't care for Keibestu and Seifuku etc, so when Sakura 2k8, OD and 10nen started coming out it was much easier to get into them. Especially with weekly dosages or awesome shows.

Welcome Zylem!  :jphip:

Offline Anariel

• Meronpan Society
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2010, 11:38:33 PM »
I was lurking internet when I stumbled upon "akkanbe bashi" in march of this year. I liked this song but don't attached importance and forgot about it. Also I like to see doramas that was the reason why I found new dorama named "majisuka gakuen". I liked plot because there are bunch of girls, japanese girls! and some violence (crazy mix!). I wanted to see it certainly. I was watching this dorama till 8th episode when I saw Gekikara. Instantly I liked this girl and wanted to know more. I find lot of information about her. I wondered that all those girls was members of akb48/ske48. I like all japanese (weeaboo!) and it got through me easily.

Offline dark-atrox

• -KOJIPA IKEMEN SUKI DA YO!-
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^_^TOMO-ACCHAN^_^
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2010, 07:35:35 AM »
eh? i have a very long narration how i become a fan of AKB48.... :nervous :nervous :nervous

I've known them since 2006? :? when i saw the aitakatta pv but i didn't pay much attention to them since i really like MM that time. :nervous

Even I finished watching Mendol XD, i still didn't like AKB48 :(, i didn't even know no sleeves are members of the said group!  :nervous

When I came upon Majisuka Gakuen last March, I was like, :shocked girls kicking ass :twothumbs esp. when Queen Gekikara was featured i was like  :inlove: :twisted: :inlove: i love AKB48 now  XD

I Googled her, finding she's a member of SKE48 :? :? :?(i didn't know AKB48 has a sister group :nervous)

Well, later on till now just can't resist Atsuko's charming face XD and Tomochin's pretty face XD as well as Geki's gorgeous eyes! XD

--
just noticed i kinda have the same history with Anariel-san liking AKB48  :nervous

Offline shahi

• Member+
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2010, 04:53:03 PM »
it's all beginning from mendol  :wub: takami  :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: no sleeves  :oops: and now AKB 48  :P

Offline Melchizadek

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2010, 06:05:42 PM »
Here's what I wrote in the profile thread:

When/how did you become an AKB48 fan: It was actually fairly recently. Saw Namida Surprise PV posted on someone's blog when it first came out. Liked it well enough to do a YouTube search and see their other PVs. At some point that day, I fell madly in love with Tomochin and had to see everything with her in it. Of course, the more I watched, the more I got to know the other girls and care about them as well. Now, I've seen all the stages and concerts, and even Densen Uta and Mendol. Will probably start on AKBingo next.

That was my very first post here.  And in my 500th post I went into a lot more detail.

Offline Kira10

• Member+
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2010, 02:32:00 AM »
I first heard of AKB48 during their debut single but did not think much of it at the time. (At that time I was more into Morning Musume and other Japanese artists at the time.) I still downloaded almost all of their singles and had them playing in my play list but I didn't pay too much attention to them as a group. I also downloaded some of their TV shows such as AKBingo and see them from time to time in variety shows I watch, but I haven't started to get really into them until they were announced as a special guest at Anime Expo 2010. After hearing that they were to be special guests at an expo very close to where I live, I started to watch all sorts of shows (such as AKBingo, Shukan AKB, stages, concerts, dramas, etc.) and got hooked since.
Also it was right after AX that I started buying tons of merchandise (which is not doing too well for my expenses in the future  :nervous)

Offline ohno

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2010, 07:10:08 AM »
1ji59fun started airing around the same time Moutube began. I think that explains it all.

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2010, 03:00:40 PM »
I started by watching AKBINGO to improve my Japanese (I just started learning, at that point), along with other TV shows. I didn't want to, but I got sucked into how fresh these girls felt to me, as idols. The music came much later for me.

Offline Malachite

• 鏡の中のキモヲタ
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2010, 04:27:24 PM »
I started watching AKBINGO just before Oogoe Diamond was released in 2008. I knew about the group as far back as 2006 when I first heard Aitakatta and while I liked that song a lot, I was pretty much against getting back into idols again at that time. The thing is, I used to be heavily into H!P back when I was in high school and I kind of became disillusioned with them and I was left with a small collection of things I no longer really felt any affection for, with the exception of some old albums and stuff I still listen to out of nostalgia. Until getting into AKB, I had kind of been on a complete idol hiatus for years, with no group really grabbing my attention. But then Oogoe Diamond happened and suddenly they were everywhere and impossible to avoid, not that I would have wanted to anyway. The more attention I paid to AKB48, the more obsessed I became, and now I have a pile of photobooks and an empty wallet. The day Sumire was promoted from kenkyuusei to a full team member was probably when I decided that I was all in.

This was my first post here. It sums it up pretty well I think.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2010, 07:51:40 PM »
Around 06, I remember reading a post (I think it was here on JPHIP) where someone said "this girl in this PV looks like Kamei Eri". So I watched the PV, which happened to be Keibetsu, and said girl was Atsuko Maeda. I really liked the song, and I really liked the directing of the PV. So that's how I became a fan. 
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • strawb3rrykream's girl <3
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2010, 04:43:49 AM »
I don't remember when AKB piqued my interest, but I know it all started with Men*Dol.  If you haven't noticed by now, I love girls in drag. So when I heard of this show featuring cross-dressing idols, I had to check it out.  Takamina/Kai stood out for me cuz I thought she was the coolest/cutest one.  After the show ended, so did my interest with Takamina. ;_;  I kinda just drifted away...

Then out of nowhere, I stumbled across Sayange's blog entry about Sayaka's Blue Rose performance and her tiger print bikini.

This reeled me in.  :inlove:

From then I learned more about Sayaka, then Sae, then re-acquainted myself with Takamina.  Since then I've slowly started to learn of the rest of the members.  Watching Majisuka Gakuen definitely helped speed up that process.  :grin:

Offline cho kawaii

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2010, 02:15:17 PM »
i first saw them perform in korea last year..some award show..but i still interested in them but their heavy rotation pv makes me go  :shocked:..haha
(im not a perv im a girl!)and starting from there i became their fans :wub:..

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: BoA - No More Make Me Sick