JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Do As Infinity - heart

Author Topic: [Discuss] How did you become an AKB48-fan?  (Read 48049 times)

Offline Little Suge

Re: [Discuss] How did you become an AKB48-fan?
« Reply #100 on: December 20, 2014, 02:09:14 AM »
Well I'm new to this site and I became a fan of AKB48 through this forum  :D
I was looking up Saaya material and decided to look at the rest of the forum and  I came across a song that melted my heart, Hikaru Monatachi by Mayu Watanabe.  You could say I've spent a couple of hondas on AKB48 swag since  XD

Offline zombie

• Undead Body
« Reply #101 on: January 06, 2015, 12:47:39 PM »
AKB0048 make me a fan, at first it really confusing because so many member...

Offline cisda83

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #102 on: January 08, 2015, 01:24:21 AM »
As for me, I would not say I am AKB48 fans in total, I only like some of them, especially Takahashi Minami, Kojima Haruna, Maeda Atsuko, Oshima Yuko and Itano Tomomi. Anyway, the trigger would be from TV series, Mendol (Ikemen Idol). I then started to see no3b, saw couple of more TV series with Takahashi Minami or Kojima Haruna mostly. Then saw River and Beginner MV, thought 'Woah so cool'. Then started seeing some TV series with Oshima Yuko or Maeda Atsuko inside. Well since then I just kept seeing AKB48 production whether Talk Shows, AKBingo, Singles, Concert, TV dramas, etc. Now probably I am just waiting for Takahashi Minami and Kojima Haruna graduation, I guess.

Offline Kichijoji

• ❤Eri あなたが恋しい
  • Member+
« Reply #103 on: January 08, 2015, 08:37:32 AM »
My case is similar to Cisda83 from the above post.
I lived in Japan from '06-'09 and knew about AKB, but just wasn't interested in them.
I figured they were more geared toward high school kids. And at the time the only celebrities I was really into was Ueto Aya and Kamei Eri.
Also my music tastes were more towards Jazz and Ambient.
I went back there in '11 to do volunteer work after the Tsunami and AKB48 was everywhere, it seemed impossible to go anywhere without hearing their music or seeing their posters, magazines etc.
When I was back in the states, out of curiosity I would watch some of their T.V. shows, listen to A.N.N. and started to get more of an appreciation for them. Takahashi Minami was the main reason for that, and I really liked Oshima Yuko, Kojima and Rena also.
I happened to see Itano at a Jpop festival in S.F. last summer and was really impressed. Overall, I think some of them are very entertaining and will have long careers in show business or modeling.
Personally I think I'd like it better if there weren't so many of them. It does get pretty confusing like Zombie mentioned earlier.
But it's fun to see some of the new girls come up through the ranks. :)

Offline alohano

• AKB48 Group and Momoclo!! Oshi is Mirukii!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Chat? Send me a PM!
Aloha all....
« Reply #104 on: January 19, 2015, 04:03:43 AM »
In my case, it was friends of mine in Japan....who hate them but explained their popularity to me.  At this point, seems like Nihonjins love em or hate em.  I appreciate their longevity and the fact that they're continually evolving.

In my job, I hosted MoMusu in Hawaii twice.....AKB48 has realistically blown them out of the water in recent years so they're doing something right.  They're big time and I appreciate them musically as well as the individual personalities.

Offline snowkat

« Reply #105 on: January 28, 2015, 04:29:14 PM »
It all started when I tried to search for snsd music station perf video on youtube (I'm a snsd fan) and there's a video when both snsd and akb48 were on a music show together. I began to search for akb48 videos on youtube as well and fell for Yukirin charms immediately once I watched GM5 pv on youtube

Offline Frosted

« Reply #106 on: July 09, 2015, 02:15:55 AM »
Well, I had heard of them several times before since I'm a pretty big anime and Kpop fan, and even watched some of their videos (I loved a bunch of their songs). It turned out to be one of those situations where you see something, think it's whatever, and then come back later and wonder why you didn't realize how amazing it is :smhid Anyways, I discovered the AKB0048 anime (based on the group) and totally fell in love. Recently I was re-watching the series, and since I loved it so much, I went to go re-watch a couple of actual AKB48 videos. This time I actually took the time to understand how it all worked.  So now I'm a fan! A very new fan XD

Offline key17

• Lone Wolf
  • Member+
  • ♡SKE48♡Matsui Rena♡WMatsui♡
« Reply #107 on: July 16, 2015, 08:29:41 AM »
when i saw jkt48 and heard their song, i started search about their sister, then i find iiwake maybe pv and i love that video so much :D
then i began search for their song and i was like "how can they're sing so many song?", i haven't heard all of their song until now  -_-
i saw mariko-sama photo with scars in google and when i clicked it, i know that akb48 played drama too, it's like "WOW! it's cool!". majisuka gakuen made me really love them
ohh, i really love gekikara in that drama♡♡ and started search for ske48, now i become ske fan and my oshi is rena matsui (she'll graduated soon, but i still her fan)
☆LIVING IN DREAMLAND WITH PAPA JURINA AND MAMA RENA☆

-sorry for my bad english, still learning with uncle Sae :hee:

Offline rindg

• No Oshima Yuko without Kojima Haruna~~~ :3
  • Member+
« Reply #108 on: August 08, 2015, 03:18:14 AM »
For me, It was when I was watching an anime called 'Skullman' and the ending song of that was a song by Chocolove from AKB48 called "Ashita wa Ashita no Kimi ga Umareru" it was a great song, really.  :mon roll:

But that wasn't all, since I love anime I was searching about cosplays and I stumbled upon a Black Rock Shooter Cosplay video with the cosplayers dancing to Heavy Rotation.

I thought that the song was really catchy and then I searched it. I watched the MV and I was... well... bewildered.  :mon duh: :mon innocent:
And of course, the one that caught my eye was Oshima Yuko, love at first sight~~.  :mon inluv:

Since then I was always searching about AKB and then I watched AKBINGO! on Dailymotion, that helped me learn more about AKB and memorize the member's faces and that just made me fall more in love with the squirrel.  :mon blood:

And so that was how, I became and AKB48 fan.  :mon thumb:
No one but Yuko,
Can touch Haruna's body.
Those who ships it, rules.

Check out my fanfictions:
The Only Road To Take
You and I

Offline kisstheheaven

« Reply #109 on: October 30, 2015, 05:48:43 PM »
I knew them bcoz a friend of mine introduced them to me :inlove:

Offline genkingblack

• not hiatus/abandon my fics but really have no time to write.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • タマです
    • genkingblack
« Reply #110 on: November 17, 2015, 04:33:59 PM »
Hajime mashite~  :D
first of all, i really love japanese "culture". at first i dont really care about akb, since i watched akbingo it kept me watching again and again. and suddenly i found my "oshi" which is Kashiwagi Yuki. although she known as Haraguro Onna but thats makes me smile and laugh a lot hahaha not mention her reaction on muchaburi dodgeball XD
since then i am learning and memorizing members name , sadly most of them already graduated :(
i really fond of SaeYuki moment and i DO believe they are really love each other in a "way" fufufufu :3
My Projects :
GenkingBlack's Vault [OS/Short Stories] Last update 4-Apr-17
Brave Enough On Going Last update 16-Mar-17
Love is Serious, When War is Involved   Hiatus Last Update 12-Mar-17
Heartsmith | On Going Last Update 19-Oct-17
Hidden Vault | Perv Section

Offline Oshi~

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 48 & 46 Group ❤ SCANDAL
« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2016, 12:21:35 PM »
Lol it all started when I saw a video of Yuko and Nyan Nyan acting all lovey dovey.. but mostly Yuko being the sweet one xD

Its actually a video where in Nyan Nyan is playing her video game with Yuko by her side
and Yuko is trying to get the attention of Nyan Nyan xD

its really sweet and funny..

since then I started searching for videos of AKB with eng subs..
and found AKBINGO!

And with that I instantly became a Fan...  :heart: :heart:

btw.. lol my first oshimen that time was Meetan xD (Ohori Megumi)
Kami Oshi: ニャンニャン(*≧∀≦*)

Offline anoyarou

• in akimoto we trust
« Reply #112 on: December 15, 2016, 03:32:55 AM »
one day while checking on indonesia variety show.i cross into jkt48 and realize theres a japanese member in the group
singing totally in indonesian.i was so amazed and start checking on jkt48 and akb48.
start watching akbingo from ep 1.im a fan,but im always a momusu golden days devotees

Offline GSAZero

• 変身!仮面ライダーゼロ
« Reply #113 on: December 16, 2016, 05:02:19 PM »
It start when I watch 'meitantei conan live action special' (forget the year) and saw suzuki sonoko character cast by Akimoto Sayaka (hence become my oshimen)

Offline shirachan48

• Yuumina <3
« Reply #114 on: December 16, 2016, 09:29:08 PM »
Well I was a big anime fan, and spent my time watching anime stuff, then there suddenly was Namida Surprise in my Youtube recommendations, and I was wondering what this AKB was (I was 11 and not into Jpop), then I liked the video and the girl who was centering it, (Acchan later became my first oshi, although now she's my 3rd) and I watched more videos, Iiwake Maybe and RIVER, as I remember, and as I searched more, I found about AKBINGO, and watched random episodes from it, and gradually fell in love with the girls! First my oshi was Acchan, I really liked her, searching more content about her, and was actually supporting her and disliking Yuko in their rivalry, then suddenly something happened and I watched more and more variety and concerts, and fell in love with this amazing girl Oshima Yuko who I didn't actually know a lot before, and then I fell in love with my second kamioshi, Takahashi Minami. Since then, I've always loved the group.

Offline INpompeonelli

« Reply #115 on: October 17, 2017, 08:44:07 PM »
I liked Anime so much and when I watched AKB0048, I was ubterestead in them. Then I searched them by internet.
Thus I became a fan of them.

Offline Soracchi

« Reply #116 on: July 30, 2018, 12:51:07 AM »
For some reason I was watching Japanese pranks and had one with Takamina. It was one with chairs. :lol:
 And when I realized, I was already seeing many episodes of AKBingo and doramas with the girls... and had become a fan without notice XD

Offline anonymoussilentreader

• Do talk, I won't bite
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Escaping reality by slipping to my fantasy world
« Reply #117 on: June 03, 2021, 06:03:53 AM »
To be honest, I had fallen for IZONE at first. Then sometime in like January this year, I decided to watch the J-line trio's Japanese career from like years ago to be able to know them better. When I was watching Hakata Hyakkaten, I thought that the humor was just my style so I figured out that I should watch AKB moments too. I watched AKB 0ji 59fun, AKB 1ji 59fun! and then AKBingo. I started to know the old gen members one by one and I started to get attracted to them. I thought that it was like a show that I would watch just like the other TV Shows where you watch them for fun. But, I was wrong. At that time, I happened to watch the AKBingo episode where Sakura was a teen and when Nako had just entered HKT. They appeared with AKB in that AKVegas episode and that was the last string for me. I began to fall deeply and connect to the AKB groups. I was able to relate to them and they worked very hard for the sake of their dreams and fans. I don't know why but I think that I got fished.. I also became attracted to little kiddos It was when all my suggestion post was being filled by AKB content, I realized that I got trapped in their fishing hook. I knew that I wasn't able to get out of this trap..  XD
Just leaving traces anytime I want. I guess i'm acting as a silent reader and informant.
I live under a rock but come out only for the girls.^^

I guess I have a lolicon side of mines;;;;;screw it. I am weak for lolis indeed

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Do As Infinity - heart