JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kaoru Amane - Taiyou no Uta

Author Topic: AKB48 Stock Trading Game  (Read 37588 times)

Offline Rust

• Member+
  • またまた エリカ様
Re: AKB48 Stock Trading Game
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2012, 08:00:38 PM »
Yesterday the TakaMina stock crashed & it was priced at around $14,300 per stock.
Upon seeing this, my immediate action was BUY! & I decided to purchase some 30 stocks, at a price that was $700 above the price at that time.

Yet, the purchase didn't go through somehow... & now the TakaMina stock is at Over $30,300!!!!!!! :panic:

What on Earth!?!? :banghead:
My profit!!! :cry:

...well at least my Jurina stocks & Keira stocks are doing well. :sweatdrop:

Offline lusobr

• Member+
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2012, 10:15:38 PM »
I'm not gonna reveal my strategy because I don't want it to be messed with but I'm doing fine so far. Not out of this world results but I have yet to lose in a transaction.

This game is fun but still needs a lot of tweaks. It's too easy to cheat and I see a lot of stocks going insanely up for no reason at all. It's too easy to tamper with the price limits and make a stock cost much more than it should by buying a single share.

I'm not too thrilled with the dividends either. I think a blog post should give more return than a G+ post. Blogging is far more rare. I also would like to see more dividends per comment on the blog post. Another addition I'd like to see is tv show appearances. It'd be a better representation of a girl's current value imo.

This sounds overly negative and I'm sorry. I trully enjoy the game just wish it to continue improving.

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2012, 01:12:46 PM »
There's an auction going on at the moment!

They are releasing new shares in a lot of girls. It's just started and the auction lasts 2 hours, so, get in there for the girls you want stocks of (unless you are going for mine, grrr)

Chihiro

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2012, 01:20:56 PM »
^I want in, but I don't have any money left atm  :nervous
Gotta stick to my long term plan, despite it being frustrating and boring at the moment...

Another addition I'd like to see is tv show appearances. It'd be a better representation of a girl's current value imo.

Yes, as well as magazine appearances and photobook releases. However, I guess keeping up with that is an insane amount of work.
But yeah, it's just a game. It's been entertaining so far and that's what matters most.

Offline lusobr

• Member+
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2012, 02:49:39 PM »
Man! An auction? Was this announced somewhere? I could have prepared for it ;_; All my money is in stocks right now...

Photobooks and magazine appearances would be easy to track. My idea would be tough, sometimes they just do the song and it's hard to tell who's there or not.

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2012, 03:10:50 PM »
^ The auction was on the front page. I had some money spare, and made a bunch overnight so managed to spend about 400k on new shares. Finally got some of my oshimen  :twothumbs

Given that the news tracker for each girl on 48kei already lists TV appearances and soforth, lusobr's idea of dividends for them makes sense.

Chihiro

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2012, 03:15:09 PM »
That auction ruined everything, damnit  :nervous
Demand killed, stock prices plummet...  :panic:

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2012, 05:24:17 AM »
Traded 200 shares, so that was fun, lose a little for the sake of little money XD
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2012, 10:39:03 AM »
Account value: ¥ 1,969,042

SO CLOSE.  XD

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2012, 10:41:29 AM »
Account value: ¥ 1,969,042

SO CLOSE.  XD

:thumbsup

I need to ride mines for a while XD instead of playing the short term
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline lusobr

• Member+
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2012, 01:53:28 PM »
^ The auction was on the front page. I had some money spare, and made a bunch overnight so managed to spend about 400k on new shares. Finally got some of my oshimen  :twothumbs

Given that the news tracker for each girl on 48kei already lists TV appearances and soforth, lusobr's idea of dividends for them makes sense.

I saw that ^_^ I meant like some sort of post saying day such and such there'll be an auction or every such day of the month there'll be one. If I had known about it even two days earlier I could have sold some stock and saved up the money for the auction. Oh well! No sense crying over spilled milk.

I can't read japanese so I had no idea the news feed in there already tracked tv appearances. I guess there's no reason not to implement it then XD.

Btw I've found out your greatest friend in the world is the watch list.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2012, 09:25:26 PM »
I go by this motto to play this game:

"Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business." -C.M. Burns  :lol:

Today I came super close to breaking the 2 million mark with ¥ 1,996,742, but it was not meant to be.
Stocks are down, but I will make my first million soon.  :yep: I have faith in my strategies.

I also noticed that the top investor issui broke the billion mark today with ¥ 100,579,445  :bleed eyes:

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2012, 11:40:41 AM »
Another auction hits soon, started 9pm JST till 11pm JST. Not as big as last time, but still worth checking out.

I wonder when the Eien Pressure sales dividends hit...

Oh, and I logged on with my phone where I don't have Flyp's romanjifier installed, and what do you know, they've romanised all the names now too.

Chihiro

Offline lusobr

• Member+
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2012, 12:41:53 PM »
Some girls I had my eyes on but nobody wanted to sell are part of this auction. I'm in a better position right now than last time but still not good enough to get what I want. I'll be able to get at least 1 girl's stock so that's better.

Just when I was getting used to recognizing their names by the kanji they do this XD. Thought I could learn Japanese forcibly but oh well... Also I hate when people westernize japanese names. I get confused with the first name last name. I'm used to seeing Japanese and Chinese names inverted so I do it automatically in my head and it messes me up when they do that ...

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2012, 05:09:12 PM »
Eien Pressure dividends hit. Made a nice mint of that, but now there's the usual rush to sell, and janken senbatsu members stocks are dropping fast with large sell orders out there.

Chihiro

Offline lusobr

• Member+
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2012, 05:16:01 PM »
Couple that with the auction it's prime time to buy.

Speaking of the single dividends can anyone explain to me how they work?
I tried making the calculations but mine don't add up. The dividends table is not very clear. The solo singles seem to follow a 1:10 rating but the group singles I can't reach the right result no matter what.

Offline Rust

• Member+
  • またまた エリカ様
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2012, 08:43:51 AM »
Just broke the two million barrier in account value! :twothumbs
I am also Keira's top fan! With...

... two badges. :P

I also started a suggestion thread in 48kei's forum. Feel free to throw constructive suggestions in there.
The owner already replied to the thread, which mean your suggestions will be viewed!

I would also love to hear how you guys are doing thus far.

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2012, 09:00:44 AM »
still kinda building but the reserves are low atm

GJ on your work :thumbsup
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2012, 09:58:24 AM »
I broke two million before the Eien Pressure dividends were given out.
In fact, I completely forgot about those so I didn't really gain that much from it.

However! I'm doing pretty well. My four week plan paid of sooner than expected.
A lot of that has to do with Rena's stock going through the roof lately, so when she goes down I will follow.
I regret buying so many badges, seems like a waste now  :lol:

Account value: ¥ 2,450,961

Offline lusobr

• Member+
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2012, 07:18:15 PM »
I'm at 2.1M. My plan is working so far, but now that the market has somewhat stabilized it will take longer to do things.

I still think there is some cheating going on but so far it is not widespread, but unless something is done to prevent people from colluding and driving prices up for no reason this game will get frustrating and not fun... The stock value should be determined by the market not a group of people trying over-price something.

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kaoru Amane - Taiyou no Uta