JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Luna Sea - I`ll Stay With You

Author Topic: AKB48 Stock Trading Game  (Read 37589 times)

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
Re: AKB48 Stock Trading Game
« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2013, 09:43:19 PM »
^ Yeah, I got bored of it a long time ago and only check when people mention it.
Broke a barrier though, by doing nothing:

Account value: ¥ 10,097,426

So in 5 days since my last post, my value has almost doubled.

I'm going to claim all the benefit was due to Mayuyu's  :shakeit: though since: ¥ 21,210 --> ¥ 269,000

But then also, Jurina is fairly similar with a 10x increase into the 200k range and Wasamin a 10x increase into the 100k range too.

The one thing for sure is that the gap between members is sure widened a lot. Here's the top and bottom:
Haruka Ueno   ¥ 2,400   
Nana Yamada   ¥ 420,000
And Nana peaked at ¥ 515,000 at one point...

Chihiro

Offline Rust

• Member+
  • またまた エリカ様
« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2013, 08:42:30 AM »
lol if this game taught me anything, it is the virtue of Patience!
I bought a lotta good stocks long ago for hyper cheap prices... e.g. Jurina.. Wasamin.. I even have Rena's stocks too!
I know they were under-valued, so I bought them, however...

eventually I sold them all for lowly profit, cause I was impatience with their relative steadiness.

of course... now that the stocks are experiencing super-rise, I am left with anguish & regret!!!! :mon nwei:

Patient is the key Rusty! Patient~~~~!!!! :mon runcry:

oh my account value is at a lowly ¥ 4,244,443. Me sad. :mon wind:

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2013, 08:15:26 PM »
Rena beat the NMB girls and is now the most expensive stock available at ¥ 630,000  :lol:

Blasted past another milestone this morning: Account value: ¥ 51,219,657

I noticed there is barely any stock for sale anymore. A lot of the good stock is at "OVER" and nobody is selling because:
1. prices are still going up
2. there is nothing to buy

As a result, I have been hoarding NogiStock like crazy  :lol: It's cheap!
I focused on five senbatsu girls for the upcoming single and bought a combined total of 95 shares so far.  :thumbup

Offline Rust

• Member+
  • またまた エリカ様
« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2013, 08:43:40 PM »
Hope you don't mind me asking, for are you buying?
& congratz for breaking 50 mills! :thumbup

Tha's 5 times more than me lol... I'm at ¥ 10,493,113 right now.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2013, 10:34:26 PM »
Ikuta Erika, Kazumi Takayama and Minami Hoshino, who incidentally all have their birthdays around this time.  :thumbup

I'm keeping the other two a secret for now because I plan to buy more tomorrow  :lol:

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2013, 02:47:01 PM »
So, we've lived without dividends for a while now. How did it affect the game for y'all?

- My spending is down a lot. I only bought around 10 new stock and not even the ones I was planning to buy.
- I also sell less because I don't know what the new dividend system will entail. Selling any stock now may be a massive waste when the new system is in place.
- As far as portfolio value goes, it's still going up every day. You can see in the charts that the inflation is somewhat less, but not really by that much. I'm currently at ¥ 71,493,462 which means it went up roughly 20 million in just over a week.

I'm glad the CD sales and Bday dividends are still being paid out because I got a lot coming my way these next weeks  XD

Offline Rust

• Member+
  • またまた エリカ様
« Reply #86 on: February 02, 2013, 06:34:41 PM »
The hyper-inflation led me to loss track of everything! :lol:
I don't think anyone was willing to selling, since the stocks just kept going up, up, & UP! XD
I did bought 20 stocks for cheap during this period, but they're not going up like crazy... :(

Anyways, my current account value is ¥ 23,804,653. I don't know how much value that is anymore thou, considering the hyper-inflation it might not be much! XD
I guess living in Germany during the inter-war period or in Zimbabwe must be like this in term of currency value. :nervous

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #87 on: February 06, 2013, 05:55:34 PM »
Man, my dividend plan was a huge anti-climax.

- Bday dividends won't be paid out until they turn it back on
- For Yuki's solo debut I got nothing. (It lists 5K in the dividends chart)
- The dividend for SKE48's single sales were REALLY LOW. Jurina: ¥ 310 + 62 and Rena: ¥ 138 + 41.

How is that even possible. For Eien the dividend was between 700~1200! Sure, the sales are half of what AKB does, but these are the aces! Even the No Sleeves single a couple weeks ago was ¥ 609 and that didn't even sell that well.

Anyway, I got bored so I revamped my portfolio a bit to get a more balanced list:
- AKB48: 120 shares (including double members like Jurina)
- SKE48: 60 shares
- NMB48: 30 shares
- HKT48: 60 shares
- Nogizaka: 70 shares
- French Kiss: 10 shares
- No Sleeves: 10 shares
- Warota: 30 shares
- Not yet: 30 shares

The theory being that no matter who releases something, I'll always get a slice of the cake  :lol:
But even so, it seems meaningless now that the SKE48 proved to be hella low  :nervous

Account value going up and down, mostly due to the Yuki rumors. Wavering around 72 mil.

Offline Rust

• Member+
  • またまた エリカ様
« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2013, 04:45:13 AM »
^off topic, but I rly like your new avatar! :) Keira ftw! :thumbup

About dividend, do you think it is possible there were something off? (uh oh, that sounds like a pun on your name lol... sry not intentional!)
I was getting what I considered abnormally high g+ dividends for my Annya stocks for a while, & if that was replicated by a large scales, we get hyperinflation reminiscent of interwar Germany? Additionally your dividend seems way off too, so that adding to my fueling my suspicion that the calculation might have been off or something.

& my account value is at ¥ 25,686,005. Considering inflation not much I guess. :nervous

Offline Rust

• Member+
  • またまた エリカ様
« Reply #89 on: February 14, 2013, 02:27:31 AM »
The stock market collapsed!!! :panic:

...I guess it wasn't unexpected. :sweatdrop: But I didn't withdraw before the collapse. :doh:

Account value: ¥ 19,285,355, dropped from some ¥ 27 millions. :catglare:

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #90 on: February 14, 2013, 07:19:35 PM »
I'm actually pretty happy with all this! There's finally some movement again.

I also lost a lot of money, but there are upsides to all this:
- We can play the game again: buy and sell stock to make a profit.
- Stock from more members is available now
- Some of the extreme prices have leveled out a bit

I went from roughly 72 million to ¥ 60,280,067. However! I managed to update, or rather, streamline my portfolio.

I bought:
- Watanabe Mayu: center for the upcoming single, center for the new NO NAME, solo artist and all around ace.
- Ikuta Erika: CHEAP ZOMG.
- Ikoma Rina: Nogi center for around 35K!
- Matsui Jurina: Was watching the So Long Team K dorama and couldn't resist.

I sold:
- Kashiwagi Yuki: been going up and down for a while now and the solo dividends have been paid out already.
- Minami Hoshino
- Takayama Kazumi
- Ikoma Rina: I sold it off quite soon again to be able to buy more Ikuta. It's tricky because you never know when something will go up or down. In retrospect I sold this a bit too soon since it's around 83K again. On the other hand, I did manage to score some Ikuta because I sold this, so it's all good. Nogi for Nogi.

So yeah, I sold off a lot of Nogi to buy AKB and SKE ace stock. Makes sense from a business point of view since the Nogi stock doesn't pay out that much. I have 50 shares of Ikuta now, so it's not like I abandoned them completely  :P

Not quite finished remodeling my portfolio, but so far so good. I'm still lacking NMB members. Somehow they're a pain to get.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 07:25:49 PM by SomethingWild »

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #91 on: March 07, 2013, 02:48:33 PM »
It's been a dark age, but we're getting back on our feet!

Account value: ¥ 30,077,192  :twothumbs

I worked my ass off during the crisis trying to streamline my portfolio even further.
So far, so good, but not complete yet. I'll post my stock list after Nogi46 dividends for the single have been paid out.
I received roughly 200K in So Long! dividends, which is less than expected considering the amount of top girls I had. Aw well.

I sold all my Ikuta! It shot up to 99K today, so I sold them all and bought Ikoma Rina and Shiraisi Mai instead who were 50% cheaper.
This means I have the same amount of N46 stock, but with higher dividends AND several million left in cash!

I finally managed to get a hold of some NMB stock as well! Picked up some Mayu Ogasawara, Miyuki Watanabe (!), Rena Kawakami and Yui Yokoyama.  :twothumbs

Worst investments so far are Lovetan and Mayu. Lovetan keeps dropping and Mayu won't go up (yet! I have faith).

Also, the top investor list now shows your position as well!

Crazy high  :O2

edit: Member count per group:
AKB: 200 (including 'doubles')
SKE: 100
NMB: 40
HKT: 60
N46: 50

Offline Luffel

• (〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜
« Reply #92 on: December 19, 2014, 06:10:27 AM »
It's a bit late but is the game still around? :)
Tumblr | Twitter

WMatsui Fanfics: Personal Nurse | Kataomoi At Last | Even If That Flower Were To Wither | Sweeter Than Pocky | 14 Days [26th Nov] | Season of Snow [10th Dec]

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #93 on: December 21, 2014, 01:00:08 PM »
It's a bit late but is the game still around? :)

Nope, I think it closed down many months ago...

Chihiro

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #94 on: January 21, 2017, 08:12:09 PM »
A few years later...

Seems like AKB is releasing something which seems like an official version of this!

https://aikabu.jp/
https://twitter.com/AiKaBu48/

Chihiro

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #95 on: January 21, 2017, 11:37:25 PM »
Seems very familiar to it on the surface so hopefully it does trigger a greater interest  :nervous
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Luna Sea - I`ll Stay With You