JPHiP Radio (30/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Miss A - I Don`t Need a Man

Author Topic: War... War never changes. (The official Fallout thread)  (Read 44420 times)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: War... War never changes. (The official Fallout thread)
« Reply #120 on: November 13, 2015, 10:03:57 PM »
Oh I HATE that I can't watch any Fallout 4 stuff because I want to experience the game for myself first. :lol: Many A True Nerd in particular. But I can still watch his unfinished FO3 YOLO run so I guess it's fine... :P
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #121 on: November 14, 2015, 12:48:14 AM »
I'm level 22 and still really haven't started the main quest.

My character lost her son, who cares?

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #122 on: November 16, 2015, 12:16:47 PM »
Oh I HATE that I can't watch any Fallout 4 stuff because I want to experience the game for myself first. :lol: Many A True Nerd in particular. But I can still watch his unfinished FO3 YOLO run so I guess it's fine... :P

Waaaaa you watch A True Nerd Fallout playthroughs!? I love his stuff. XD

Anyways I've been playing Fallout 4. Loving it so far. Went with a unarmed build because that's what I always do in fallout. Lots of interesting quests and characters and tons to see and explore. Ran into a storm for the first time just now and woooow scary : o went in a building to take shelter and the sound was intense.

Pretty sure it's gonna take me forever to complete because I've played 26 hours and I've only done like 4 missions in one faction quest line and 2 in another and apparently there are 5 faction quest lines alone. Haven't even done any of the main story. Probably doesn't help I spent like 4 or 5 hours cleaning up all the crap around one of my settlements and attempting to build a treehouse. lol

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #123 on: November 17, 2015, 06:37:27 PM »
^ Hell yeah! Started with the Kill No One run in New Vegas, I think - love how he gets into character depending on what his goal is :lol: He's totally different when doing Kill Everyone, but always hilarious :lol:

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #124 on: February 21, 2016, 12:24:38 PM »
I started a new game (already lol) on Fallout 4, I was initially going to try to make a cute character but then I discovered more make-up options I hadn't found before and ended up with this badass instead:

Oops.

Also, I'm not sure it's possible to create a CUTE character >_>

Anyway thank you based MATN, I am kinda excited to explore the game more now.

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #125 on: February 22, 2016, 12:46:43 AM »
I think Bethesda really did plan on a male only main character with his military background and all (while the wife is a lawyer).

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #126 on: July 03, 2016, 09:43:53 PM »
^ Reminds me tho that lawyers can be ruthless badasses, too. :lol: Maybe husband took her to a shooting range or something too. :lol: Oh well...

I've FINALLY been really getting into the game more and genuinely enjoying it. I think I needed both a little direction with what I wanted to do (like when it comes to perks and game mechanics); I decided I wanted to focus on improving my weapons, and playwise, I just want to explore and bump from one situation to another without doing anything I don't want to do (yet) or getting too much entangled in the main story yet. So I can now play in a way where I both have some idea of what I want to do (to improve my character) and a sense of freedom (if I'm not interested, I'm not doing this thing). So far it's been working really well. It sounds like such obvious stuff, but sometimes with open world RPGs... I find it's just hard to get started sometimes if you have no idea what you're about to do? Like zero idea. Ironically it's also likely my favourite genre of games. Either that or those games where you can dig for treasures. I like digging.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #127 on: July 08, 2016, 10:09:32 PM »
I went to Diamond City for the first time finally and decided to dress up for the occasion (wearing a wig, too) :lol:

SO FAB

Yes I left the armour bits on :(

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #128 on: August 21, 2016, 11:50:55 PM »
I've not gone back to Fallout 4 since April. Partly because of other games demanding my attention, but mainly due to boredom. I was expecting more from it, but instead it simplifies down some mechanics in addition to it's open world jank. Have no interest at all in the settlement building, the story isn't interesting. Maybe I will come back to it eventually, but at this point I'll be quite skeptical about buying another Fallout/Elder Scrolls because I know at some point I'll just drop off it unless they polish it up.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #129 on: April 24, 2017, 09:42:08 PM »
It feels awkward now to post some PhD student stuff on FB because one person from uni has added me there x'D So I'll post this here instead:

That feel when you've collected all these screenshots from a game to analyse it, it comes time to choose a few shots from the game to illustrate points in an article, and pretty much none of the screenshots can be used either qualitywise (too dark, poor framing) or subjectwise (nobody cares to see the CORPSES of monsters shirenu, they want to see them ALIVE and IN ACTION)...

So I spent two hilarious hours going back into Fallout 3 to collect screenshots from various locations. I got myself chased by a Deathclaw on purpose. Twice. I went into the Dunwich Building filled with Feral Ghouls. I needed some "war" imagery, but luckily I know this game inside out by now so I went to the Capitol Building where Super Mutants are scripted to fight Talon Mercs in a territorial battle. Getting shots of Vance and Roy Phillips was harder because all my old save files were from late in the game when I had already talked to them and helped them, so I had to use a brand new character to gain access to that dialogue again. So I turned on 'god mode' and fought my way through Mirelurks with nothing but a baseball bat (...) to get through the metro tunnels to Vance... Then to help Roy I just needed to cheat myself some caps (because I had none) to gain access to Tenpenny Tower... Well, I think I got all the pictures I needed and I will have fun explaining in the text why and how the photos aren't from the "original data" :D :D :D

JPHiP Radio (30/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Miss A - I Don`t Need a Man