JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Suga Shikao - 19sai

Author Topic: [2012.10.31] AKB48 - 28th Single "UZA"  (Read 80096 times)

Offline almond

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • オ~マイガ~!たかみな大好き!
    • alm0nd
    • ganbanuttah
Re: [2012.10.31] AKB48 - 28th Single "UZA"
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2012, 02:20:06 AM »
Personally, I love the song. It seems pretty polarizing in the fandom from what I've seen though - people either love it or hate it. Not much in between.

I for one, welcome our new Team K leaders.

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2012, 02:40:47 AM »
Nice song!

Offline WindCaliber

• Member+
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2012, 02:51:53 AM »
Had this shit on repeat all day. Definitely made a better first impression than Gingham Check. Can't wait to see the PV.
I'm sorry, but I can't stand this song, LoL.
A bunch of people had a moderately negative first opinion about Gingham check, including me, but I just
cannot bear to listen this song  :smhid
And no Chiyuu is not helping  :thumbdown:
Well at least AKB48 will get another million seller(you heard it here first!).

EDIT: What's with all these Simpson's references?

Offline z3144228

• ん♥♥
  • Member+
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2012, 03:58:00 AM »
I hope those male dancers are not in the PV  :catglare:

we have enough kiss scene   :tama-mad:

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2012, 04:38:23 AM »
Wow, pretty polarized opinions so far. My opinion can best be summarized by Homer Simpson: "WOOHOO!"

I fucking LOVE it. It's catchy, it's energetic, it's like RIVER and Beginner fused together and got an electronic power up. This is the kind of song I was hoping they'd do next. Something with some kick, and this song definitely kicks. My only gripe is I don't get why we need some bozos to come in for the dance break. AKB has plenty of epic performers, let them do it. Other than that, this is solid. Jurina being half of the "center" is also interesting. I was also surprised to see Miyawaki Sakura. She's senbatsu for this single? Pretty awesome if that's the case.

Yeah can I just have all copies please. *opens up CD Japan, throws credit cards at screen*

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2012, 05:34:12 AM »
Sorry wrong use of words I meant they are in the top tier of dancers within the group and I do agree with girls from the audition also being in the top tier, Ume-chan would be a good example since I already said she was a good dancer.

Agree with Jurina being top tier, (if the poor girl wouldn't injure herself so much... :() and if she continues to learn she has the potential to become even better.
I'm conflicted about where to put Yuko. It's a slight conundrum here of talent and training. Girls like Yuko, Kojiharu, and Mariko have shown themselves to have the talent, but because their training is dependent on the dances they learn for various performances, sometimes there's just a visible difference in how they execute a moved, based on how they saw the instructor do it, as compared to the girls with dance backgrounds, who would know a move from the style it came from and execute it as such.
But it's been long enough that most all of senbatsu, even the ones who came in with zero dance experience, have acquired enough skill to be at least comparable to lesser Kpop groups. Takamina went from being notoriously bad at dancing to doing the break here, (Lol, what is it about the Takahashi. They said Aichan was the slowest learner in MM, too.) and Yukirin did great in End Roll. Nonetheless, I still hesitate to put Yuko in top tier, when there are so many formally trained members in the newer gens, SKE, and NMB.

True but MG is scripted so she gets the benefit of the doubt and a 2nd chance. She also has a proper outfit in the single, that prison uniform would make anyone look bland XD

I dunno. Maybe some proper Beginner-esque smoky makeup will help. She should probably grow her hair out, too, because I haven't really seen Yui smolder since she cut hers. (then again, Kanburi in MG S2 just looked teddy-bear-adorable) And I was too distracted by Akicha and glorious Masana forehead to notice Paruru in Nante Bohemian.  :nervous

Offline jafeijai

• Member+
  • Music is my life ♪
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2012, 05:42:05 AM »
Had this shit on repeat all day. Definitely made a better first impression than Gingham Check. Can't wait to see the PV.
I've still got this on loop.

I get the feeling the dudes were there just for the Budokan performance; they may have been responsible for the choreography too, but I highly doubt they'd have a significant presence in the PV and/or future performances. The dance break (if they do it in future performances) will probably be filled in by members that weren't able to master the choreography in time for Janken.

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2012, 06:01:05 AM »
Would be awesome if the dance break was really meant for AKB. I was wondering what would happen to the guys in other performances too. To me it seemed they were there to cover up bad dancing :V

At first listen I thought the song was alright, but after a few more, I'm diggin it.

^also jaf where is your avatar from

Offline GekiDan

• www.JEFusion.com
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • www.JEFusion.com
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2012, 01:02:15 PM »
I have read somewhere that the male dancers are just back-ups for the Janken event performance.

Offline jafeijai

• Member+
  • Music is my life ♪
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2012, 02:02:52 PM »
^also jaf where is your avatar from
Moeno and Kris's trip to Disney Sea :3

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2012, 06:57:05 PM »

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2012, 06:43:25 PM »
After listening to it again in HD I like it a bit more than I initially did.
In the grand scheme of things I can understand why this single makes sense.
However, slightly butt-hurt about no Kasai + it still not being my style of music = no buy. Aw well.
I saw this and it felt appropriate:

I need my Iiwake Ponytail songs damnit  :lol: j/k

Offline mae

• AKB48 !!!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • sorry for my english :)
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2012, 08:45:48 PM »
Their costumes are excelent too  :mon star: :mon inluv:
They have all one of it various

Offline WindCaliber

• Member+
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2012, 04:50:06 AM »
I saw this and it felt appropriate:

I need my Iiwake Ponytail songs damnit  :lol: j/k
I feel this way, that when a group becomes mainstream, they lose their original essence of when they were less
popular.
On another note, I didn't know you were such a Kasai fan! We can share the pain together  :cry:

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2012, 03:30:56 PM »
Only heard the song in the Janken broadcast, but its not really my thing at all.

Strange that Sakura is in there... but pretty happy for Shimazaki-san. And Yuko sharing the centre spot, hmmm...

Anyway, I'm far more interested in this:

2.次のSeason(アンダーガールズ)

Something like Next Season? Kinda goes with this whole "AKB48 2nd Season" stuff they've been pushing since Acchan graduated. Pushing the new girls. Will be interested to see who they pick and hope its a good song. Of course, the "season" in the title could just mean its another Christmas song...

The New Team PVs will be interesting to see, the first time we get a glimpse of them.

Chihiro

Offline carenduna

• Member+
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2012, 04:28:57 PM »
If they are bundling both the team songs and the Christmas song on this single, I wonder what they'll do with the Janken one, as normally they accompany that :-/

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2012, 06:36:39 PM »
Well if that is the Xmas song, then these pics Mariko-sama just posted on her blog make sense:

Chihiro

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2012, 07:14:29 PM »
^Dat X-mas Tomo :heart:

Anyways I love UZA and it's super fucking badass but man, it needs some Umechan. I hope DiVA gets to perform UZA one day cuz that song is totally their style :yep:

Well if that is the Xmas song, then these pics Mariko-sama just posted on her blog make sense:
'Tsugi no Season' is performed by the Under Girls so it sure as hell won't feature those girls :P

Offline Crossing Crossroads

• Forever going to rainbow over the moon and across the stars..~
  • Member+
  • Hurro thur. I like (to) danso.
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2012, 04:23:22 AM »
First of all, I love this song. If someone doesn’t like it, they don’t like it. Whatever. :bigdeal:

Secondly... the person on the left during (or after?) the b-boy part is so hard to tell because of the lack of attention that person got. But her hair bounced together the way it would if your hair was tied, so looking at the members who have their hair tied, I would have to say... :mon dunno: that it might be KojiHaru, but it’s hard for me to see her dancing like that. :mon one: My thought still stands that it’s KojiHaru because her general hair and side bangs were curled like it was when KojiHaru’s bangs came out...

Oh, and is that Sayaka, Yuko, Takamina, and Yui doing that move where they drop to the ground and get back up before the b-boy part? XDD *applause~* :mon fyeah: :on woohoo:

But. The b-boy part threw me off like whoa. But considering it, if they meant to put a b-boy part in so the four who danced with them could stand out, it would make sense for me to have boys dance it. If they were going to close up focus on the girl that is supposed to be dancing or have the girls wear different clothing as background dancers, I might've had other members dance it. I would've found it hard to differentiate the background members from the girls if they were wearing the same type and style of clothing, wouldn't you?

It would be overly awesome if it was meant for other members in AKB. Gawdz, but I consider b-boying relatively difficult. You would need strength and endurance and other such things, so it would take them a while to learn some cool [b-boying] moves, don't you think?

:mon exhaust:
I AM A KINOSHITA ANDREA YUKIKO OSHI. ♥

-

All of you can call me Cross! (Honorifics are nice, but I'd rather not with too much formality. o w ob!)

You can try to contact me at my blog on tumblr, andreabutts. I also have another blog that you can try to contact me with if andreabutts is not replied within two days, callmeawota.

Offline WindCaliber

• Member+
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2012, 06:46:09 AM »
^I'd hesitate to call it Bboy. It's more a mix of Hip Hop dance and Popping if anything.
Man this forum sure goes quickly from hating to loving songs. All for our precious idols I guess?  :nervous
I still don't like the song however.

Secondly... the person on the left during (or after?) the b-boy part is so hard to tell because of the lack of attention that person got. But her hair bounced together the way it would if your hair was tied, so looking at the members who have their hair tied, I would have to say... :mon dunno: that it might be KojiHaru, but it’s hard for me to see her dancing like that. :mon one: My thought still stands that it’s KojiHaru because her general hair and side bangs were curled like it was when KojiHaru’s bangs came out...
Like I said before, I'm almost certain it's Miichan. Her hair is tied up the same way and it's black as well.

As you can see, Kojiharu is currently on the right side.

View from the right showing that she's on the right.

Another Angle.

Still on the right. This is right before the dance break btw.

This is right before the girl on the left goes out.
Come on guys, I could tell that's Miichan from a mile away :D
Btw, videos from Youku that won't be taken down, although the quality sucks.
UZA AKB48 火曜曲! 20120918—在线播放—优酷网,视频高清在线观看

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Suga Shikao - 19sai