JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Buono! - Winter Story

Author Topic: Official Boxing Thread  (Read 77291 times)

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
Re: Official Boxing Thread
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2008, 09:17:18 AM »
Fucking Pacman. He doesn't only have a fucking epic mustache but boxes like the champ he is. Truth is Oscar looked weak. Sorta like he gave up half way thro round 1. But fuck me again.. Pacman what blowout. Shit. Made Oscars face look like goatses ass.
[/url]

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2008, 03:38:08 PM »
It was weird that Manny was not only the faster, but also the bigger fighter that night. Everyone assumed De La Hoya would come in with like a 15 pound weight advantage and just overpower Pacman.

Oscar has never been mauled like this before... hard to say if the fight ended up being a one-sided beating more because he is a shadow of the fighter he once was, or because Manny is just so damn good... perhaps both had an equal effect. But it was kind of sad to watch.

Ricky Hatton up next for Pacquiao, huh? Or maybe Mayweather Jr is finally running out of money...

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2008, 08:12:07 AM »
I'm hoping it's Mayweather. He can't KEEPS A PRIVATE JET forever.

The hits were so brutal, Oscar kept ironing his face but his head kept snapping off. FUCKIN DESTRUCTION! Oscar was so fuckin arrogant hiring all those goons. Look at what it got him. NOTHING!! Legacy ruined. This ain't his last either.

Is it just me or does Pacman look like Boykun :lol:

Politics can wait - Pacquiao

Boxing champion Manny Pacquiao would rather talk about his immediate plans to secure victory in his next bout even as he keeps his options open for another run at politics in the May 2010 elections.

“I think this is not the right time to talk about politics because there is no election yet. What we need right now is to focus on how we can help our government,” Pacquiao told The STAR. “There is a right time to discuss that matter.”

This was how Pacquiao responded to persistent offers for him to run for Congress anew, either in the second district of Quezon City or in South Cotabato where he lost last year.

Pressed if he would run again if there would be a clamor from his constituents, Pacquiao chuckled and said, “I don’t need to talk about politics right now because there is no election yet.”

In a recent interview with Reader’s Digest magazine, Pacquiao said that he still wants to become a congressman.

“I want to be a congressman. (The Filipino people) idolize me in boxing. I want them to idolize me in terms of public service. (I believe in) social accountability. I can change the system. I’m not like some politicians who can be corrupt. I have money and I am satisfied with what I have earned from bloody work like boxing. What I want to do is bring government money back to the poor people,” he told Reader’s Digest.

Pacquiao took time out from his busy schedule for a brief interview with The STAR, which was arranged by Hotel Sofitel where he proceeded to rest at the end of his day-long “hero’s welcome” parade around Metro Manila last Thursday.

He was treated to an overnight stay at the $3,000-a-night presidential suite at the Hotel Sofitel in Pasay City.

Now dubbed as the world’s best pound-for-pound boxer following his rout of Mexican-American boxer Oscar de la Hoya, Pacquiao has so far successfully dodged pro-administration ranks trying to convince him to make a return bout in Philippine politics.

Pacquiao is a card-bearing member of President Arroyo’s Kabalikat ng Malayang Pilipino (Kampi) party under whose banner he ran but lost his first congressional bid in the May 2007 elections.

Outgoing Quezon City Rep. Annie Susano from the pro-administration Lakas-CMD has publicly endorsed Pacquiao as a candidate for her congressional seat in the city’s second district while she plans to run for higher office in the next election.

“Kaya ayaw kong pag-usapan ang politics ngayon kasi hindi naman eleksyon bukas, hindi naman eleksyon sa makalawa. Siguro ang kailangan natin ay paano makatulong (I don’t want to talk aout politics because there’s no election tomorrow or the day after. What we need now is help) to unite the Filipino people, to support our government paano umunlad sa sarili natin at ating bansa (so that our people and country will progress),” he explained.

Pacquiao flew yesterday with his three children to his hometown of General Santos City where he would celebrate his 30th birthday on Dec. 17.

The boxer’s political mentor Environment Secretary Lito Atienza said his ward is preoccupied with his flourishing boxing career.

“There is no talk of politics yet for Manny and he agrees with me it’s all boxing for him at this time,” Atienza said.

Atienza said Pacquiao had learned his lesson when the boxing champ did not heed his advice not to seek public office and ran against a rival who comes from a clan of traditional politicians. Pacquiao lost to re-electionist Rep. Darlene Antonino of the first district of South Cotabato in May 2007.

Atienza pointed out though Pacquiao should have enough time to decide about his political plans by early 2010.

But for now, Pacquiao is psyching himself up for yet another prizefight being arranged possibly in May next year against British fighter Ricky Hatton.

Freddie Roach, Pacquiao’s trainer, expressed preference for his ward to fight Hatton next than to mix it up with Floyd Mayweather Jr.

“Kahit sino sa akin humamon (whoever challenges me), I’m willing to fight them. Basta magkasundo lang sa negosasyon (as long as we agree on the negotiations),” Pacquiao said.

“I’m always at my peak in my career. In all my fights, I’m always trying my best to give a good fight,” he cited.

Pacquiao was visibly pleased with reports that he has joined the ranks of the pay-per-view multi-millionaire fighters. He broke the one million pay-per-view barrier for the first time in his Dream Match against De la Hoya in Las Vegas last Saturday.

“I’m very happy I gave another honor to our country. And I’m very happy that I make them happy even if there is crisis. But if you see all the people watching my fight, they look no problem in their lives (sic),” he said.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 08:30:09 AM by daigong »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2008, 02:48:22 AM »
Is it just me or does Pacman look like Boykun :lol:
It's gotta be the goatee. XD

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2009, 08:27:00 PM »
:lol:

FUCK!! Anyone catch Mosley-Margarito? Fuck I thought it was gonna be close but shit. Mosley destroyed EM!!!

Manny needs to fight a big name like Mosley next.

Too funny Oscar De La Hoya paid to attend the Affliction mixed martial arts card, that guy is just a joke now!

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2009, 06:58:17 AM »
That was a great fight... no-one expected Margarito to go down like that after seeing him destroy people with his relentless pressure and iron chin.

Too funny Oscar De La Hoya paid to attend the Affliction mixed martial arts card, that guy is just a joke now!

That was just bullshit. Larry Merchant and Jim Lampley act like little giddy kids with their mma hate. De La Hoya was at Affliction because Golden Boy was a sponsor of the event long before no-one was ever talking about Mosley/Margarito, and was expected to attend. Pity Max Kellerman wasn't around, he's the only one at the HBO broadcasts who talks sense and actually defends the sport that the grandpas only see as a threat.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2009, 08:27:29 AM »
THIS WEEKEND!!! Pacquiao - Hatton :w00t:
Pacquiao - Hatton 24/7: Episode 1 (HBO)

Offline Za_Wolf

• INFP
  • Member+
« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2009, 10:12:12 AM »
Stand tall and shake the heavens.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2009, 02:38:20 AM »
LMAO!! Oh man, this HYPE is nuts. Manny is all over. His mama is here but she ain't gonna watch :/

BUT WILL.

Follow the fight here. Manny vs Hatton Watching PARTY TONITE on #JPH!P @ irc.spacetronix.net

<kuno_thunder> http://www.mmahacks.com/

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2009, 03:10:26 AM »
Oh man, I wish I could watch the fight :(

I did see Froch v Taylor though

Fucking epic comeback for Froch! Well behind on the judges scorecards and in the 12th round with seconds to go, finds something in himself to completely pummel Taylor to a TKO. I mean, the ref even said:

"If there was 14 seconds left or one second left it made no difference, he was defenceless. I wanted him to be able to go home safely to his family"

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2009, 06:54:56 AM »
Spoilers.

FUCK THAT WAS BRUTAL

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2009, 07:07:39 AM »
^
-LY FAST.

XD

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2009, 08:06:22 AM »
KTFO.

The Soto fight was great too! :rockon:

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline drifoy

• w 0 n k y f ! 3 d
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SHADDAP!!!
« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2009, 09:49:43 AM »
i was expecting it to be long and bloody.
I :heart:Reina and Seo Hyun | I :heart: Kpop

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2009, 10:19:36 AM »
Wow...that was QUICK. I was expecting it to end around the later rounds but...oh Well. I guess Mayweather Sr. pissed off Roach and Roach wanted Pac to end it quick XD.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2009, 12:23:51 PM »
Here I was expecting it to go to the 12th round. Knocked out twice in the first round? Great fighter but I guess he can never really cut it against the more elite fighters. At least I saved £15 :lol:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2009, 01:20:01 AM »

In case you haven't watched Manny-Hatton yet, here's the British Feed:

DOWNLOAD!!
http://lix.in/-46ebc1

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
« Reply #77 on: May 06, 2009, 06:51:31 AM »
From the Freddie Roach facebook fan page:

Freddie Roach  "If I win coach of the year, I want Floyd Mayweather Sr. to present it to me."

I'd pay to see that, lol.

Offline jaysonnj

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #78 on: May 06, 2009, 07:51:02 AM »

Freddie Roach  "If I win coach of the year, I want Floyd Mayweather Sr. to present it to me."

With all the shit Mayweather was talking, he should present it to him.

Also did anybody notice how huge Batista is compared to Pacquiao. Damn.

and here's a video of Manny singing the song he walked out to for the fight:
Manny Pacquiao

When we heard the song, we were like wtf? He's walking out to his own song!

Offline Za_Wolf

• INFP
  • Member+
« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2009, 04:23:17 PM »

LoL i laughed

JMM aint no joke.. this is more than just a "warm up" fight.. God i cant wait.  And i heard somewhere that Arum was saying Cotto should be Pacman's next opponent  :shocked
Stand tall and shake the heavens.

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Buono! - Winter Story