JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Babymetal - Gimme Choko!!

Author Topic: What 2ch is saying  (Read 14769 times)

Offline kurotsuki

• Member+
What 2ch is saying
« on: June 12, 2013, 02:15:39 AM »
Ever wanted to know what people from Japan are saying about their celebrities? This blog takes comments from 2channel and translates them for you to read. Very interest stuff!

In this thread, the Japanese comment about Reina's graduation and how Mari's scandal stole her spotlight.

http://majide2ch.blogspot.com/2013/05/reina-tanaka-graduates-from-morning.html

Not too different from what you hear from English speakers but still fun to read their comments. Check out the Morning Musume tag or other tags to check out more funny or screwed up comments.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 06:27:13 PM by kurotsuki »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: What the Japanese are saying on 2ch when "Reina Tanaka graduates"
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 10:40:13 AM »
I love this thread about Sayumi :lol:

http://majide2ch.blogspot.fi/2013/06/sayumi-michishiges-short-hair-picture.html

:heart: so much truth spoken

EDIT: Would you mind changing the title of the topic to something like "What 2ch is saying" so that it won't be just about one thread (the Reina one), especially when it seems there are more blogs now doing this sort of thing:

http://wolves-morningmusume.blogspot.com/
http://wotaintranslation.com/

I mean, I can edit it as well, but I think it's nicer to ask first. Haha.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 01:15:12 PM by shirenu »
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline kurotsuki

• Member+
Re: What the Japanese are saying on 2ch when "Reina Tanaka graduates"
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 06:26:00 PM »
No problem, you can edit a bit too if you like. ^^ I'm glad you gave that suggestion to change the title. I'm also glad you enjoyed the site.  :heart:

Offline kurotsuki

• Member+
Re: What 2ch is saying
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 10:52:43 PM »
Airi Suzuki reveals that someone from another idol group was smoking in the dressing room

I can't believe these girls for saying all those bad things about others, while implying that "we're different from them". And everyone's just complaining too much about Atsuko Maeda. Are they trying to pick a fight with her?

This "gal"-like attitude of ℃-ute is a turn-off. All of them seem to have really bad mouths. They're probably complaining all the time.

Mai Hagiwara was so cute before. She looks like a female pro wrestler now.

It's strange that Airi's being bashed here. She did the right thing by giving inside information.

There's nothing worse than a woman's backbiting

Well, all idols smoke and spread their legs wide open anyway

If one mentions "idols who smoke", Morning Musume is the first one that comes to mind. I think Kago and that generation, most of them smoked right?

Read more 2ch comments here.
http://majide2ch.blogspot.com/2013/06/airi-suzuki-reveals-that-someone-from.html#more

What do you all think?

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 11:27:36 PM »
Huuuhh? What did Hagiwara and Okai say then to also get commented on :?

I love juicy gossip so of course I'm on Airi's side here >_> She didn't even say who it was, how is that bad!

And yes MM has had scandals, but the current generation =/= previous generations...

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 12:17:52 AM »
Great website/blog. Well translated and edited.

Offline Chibs

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Confessed Eriholic

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 06:15:52 AM »
maachan makes me wonder if this would be the kind of blog we'd get if eri ever had one? XD they're both geniuses in their own ways XD
please visit kawaii-chan's avie's and siggies!

Offline Chibs

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Confessed Eriholic
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2013, 02:19:23 AM »
http://wolves-morningmusume.blogspot.com/2013/06/da-ishi-i-dont-have-anybody-i-could.html
Im pretty sure if Eri remembered to blog she would blog similar to Maachan

Offline SaraV

• ecchi
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2013, 05:27:22 PM »
Maa-chan is an angel: http://wotaintranslation.com/2013/06/22/maa-chan-is-an-angel/

Just slowly scroll down, read them all and wait for the combo breaker ;)

Offline Chibs

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Confessed Eriholic
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2013, 09:10:22 PM »
yes she is

Offline kurotsuki

• Member+
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2013, 04:07:04 AM »
Foreign wota on 2ch users who relentlessly flame Zukki: “Meanie!” “This is horrible.”

This is heartbreaking and very upsetting... Please read with caution if you hate s**t talkers!  :on voodoo: Some people on 2ch are a**holes! I hope Zukki doesn't have to hear this crap.
So what happened was someone translated English comments from this page >http://majide2ch.blogspot.jp/2013/04/kanon-suzuki-of-morning-musumes-weight.html and this is what 2ch users had to say. There were a few nice comments but not a lot.

These foreigners sure sound self-important for being a bunch of illegal downloaders.

Well, there’s certainly no denying that there’s a lot of scum using this board, too.

By Japan’s standards, she is obese.

Well, in America they have people that you can’t tell if they’re human beings or just meat. Compared to that, Zukki’s just a little chubby or plump.

Of course the foreign wota who don’t realize that 2ch is an underground site would be disgusted by all the slander thrown around here.

Japanese idols must look too skinny to many foreigners, too. There’s a lot of girls who have thin chests and hips because of dieting.

There’s so many good people among foreign wota.

It’s not just Zukki — all of the members get flamed.
I wonder if they know that?

The Ikuta wota should learn from this and at least become proper human beings.

Proudly declaring your love of H!P while illegally uploading their songs on YouTube and leaving them comments of high praise… care to give any comment on this, foreigners?

Foreigners, especially Americans and Europeans, are so tolerant of fat people.
You can’t fix being short, bald or ugly. Being fat, however, is something you can fix.
Zukki, if you don’t want to be criticized by these fools, put some effort into losing weight.

You foreigners need to stop thinking that the American size fattie is the global standard of obesity. No matter which way you look at it, when it comes to Asian people she is clearly obese.

H!P are global idols, so being a H!P fan, I have to be careful that I don’t openly display any disgraceful behavior. It’d be a shame if they thought that the Japanese are a malicious and spiteful people as a whole.

Original Page and more comments
http://wotaintranslation.com/2013/06/19/foreign-wota-on-2ch-users-who-relentlessly-flame-zukki-meanie-this-is-horrible/

They need to realize there are more bigger celebrities coming out in Japan. Just look up Naomi Watanabe aka Japanese Beyonce! She's a big girl but she's comfortable with herself, she loves herself and people admire her for that.

Offline SaraV

• ecchi
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2013, 06:58:02 AM »
Just look up Naomi Watanabe aka Japanese Beyonce!

Yeah but she's a comedian/actress, not an idol.
And she went on a public diet, mostly as satire: http://aramatheydidnt.livejournal.com/390207.html?thread=19940159

Not saying I'm all that bothered by Zukki's weight situation (although she does tend to stick out during concerts), things would just be heck of a lot easier if she lost a few kilograms.
People tend to forget that she looked perfectly fine the first nine months or so of her tenure as a Musume.

It can give people the impression that she doesn't care that much about her job.
A bit like what people criticize Maasa for, although I think she has it worse, as she often comes over as uninterested, like she's going through the motions. I'm not saying she actually is, but she comes over as such.

Again, I'm not pretending to know what goes on inside these idols heads, it's just how a lot people percieve things. As long as she's happy, I'm fine with it, just don't be surprised if people are going to remark on it.

---------------

On a funnier note

"To this day I still regret singing Papancake at karaoke during my first date with a girl"
Link: http://wotaintranslation.com/2013/06/22/to-this-day-i-still-regret-singing-papancake-at-karaoke-during-my-first-date-with-a-girl/

Poor guy :lol:

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2013, 11:24:11 AM »
I don't personally have a problem with Zukki's weight, but the wota are right about two things:

1) As an idol, it's a part of her job to take care of her looks, including her weight.
It's a job that is strongly based on looks, kind of like being a model... So if it appears that she's not even trying to improve her "job performance", some fans will think she's undeserving, lazy, etc. I think some fans trying to come up with excuses for her like having a disease or being over-stressed are sort of making things worse because they're making it seem as if Zukki has no control over it, taking away her power to change her own body. Sure, there may be some underlying issues and she might have to work out more than some other members to achieve a similar appearance, but most likely she's just not watching what she eats and not exercising enough - the simplest answer is usually the correct one.

2) No matter how cute she is now, her looks would only improve if she lost some weight (in a healthy way, of course).
I think fans who are in this fandom to see the girls improve in every way and realize their best possible idol potential are also frustrated that this girl is stuck in her current weight, kind of like being stuck with one hairstyle (which Zukki is, too). I'm hoping that she'll pull a Makoto who went from being chubby to looking energized and fit. She was always a genki dancer but her slimmer frame really brought it out, made it impossible to miss. Zukki has very lovely facial features (big eyes, lush lips, great smile) so her popularity might significantly increase if she managed to do the same as Makochan. Not even just because of her improved looks, but fans would think "look how hard she worked, she must be so passionate, I will definitely support her from now".

And yeah, Japan weight context =/= American & European weight context. It's always shocking to go to Japan for a while and then return back home.

I also think that making fun of a girl or woman for her weight is a low thing to do. It's one thing to attempt to discuss a topic in a rational way (for example "what it means to be a chubby idol in Japan") and another to start throwing around insults and essentially body-shaming her.

Since Zukki has been this way for quite a while now, it appears that she's happy being in this comfort zone of her current weight and also relative unpopularity. It's great if she's happy, but it's also boring if she's not fighting to survive. It becomes more than just a weight issue, also visible in the way her personality has quieted down. In the entertainment business, a person should never get comfortable because it takes a lot of work to keep people's interest up.

Like I said, I don't have a problem with her weight, I have more of a problem with her having become quite boring recently.

And on a completely different note, clearly J-wota who think that all foreign fans are just illegal downloaders are simply wrong...

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2013, 09:27:55 PM »
the thing that kinda annoys me the most about this "kanon and her weight" thing is that to me at least it seems like a lot of ppl who say "she needs to loose weight" thinks that she can just say that herself and bam all of her insults will melt away. like idk how to put it into written words properly without sounding like im "delusional" or whatever @~@ and even about her personality I felt it had to do that maachan kinda took her thunder away for at least the genki funny girl thing she had going at first. like its a mixture of things and idk how to properly word it @~@
please visit kawaii-chan's avie's and siggies!

Offline resop2

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2013, 10:31:45 PM »
What makes me feel weird about that subject is that the 2ch people seem to have forgotten that Mini-Moni existed.  At one point three of the four members were as heavy or heavier than Kanon.  And, yet they still sold a bazillion singles.

Offline SaraV

• ecchi
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2013, 08:23:17 PM »
What's your favorite current Musume couple? (Color coded!)
Link: http://wolves-morningmusume.blogspot.be/2013/06/under-translation-whats-your-favorite.html?spref=tw

131: 名無し募集中。。。 2013/06/17(月) 17:55:25.47 0
These names might be used pretty often

Fukumura Ikuta
 -PonPon
Fukumura Sayashi
Fukumura Suzuki
 -MiZukki
Fukumura Iikubo
 -HoneyPon
Fukumura Ishida
 -AyuMizuki
Fukumura Sato
 -FukuMa-
Fukumura Kudo
 -HaruMizuki
Fukumura Oda
Ikuta Sayashi
 -IkuSaya, Ping Pong Dash
Ikuta Suzuki
Ikuta Iikubo
Ikuta Sato
 -IkuMa-
Ikuta Kudo
Ikuta Oda
 -IkuSaku
Sayashi Suzuki
 -Riho Kano
Sayashi Iikubo
Sayashi Ishida
 -Saya Ishi
Sayashi Sato
 -Shuwa Poku
Sayashi Kudo
 -SayaDu-
Sayashi Oda

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2013, 09:45:24 AM »
I had no idea that Ikuta+Sayashi pairing is so popular... I've seen their golden Ping Pong Dash thing, but that's only one video o-o I need more material lol

EDIT:

Oh man this is so good: http://wotaintranslation.com/2013/06/23/things-in-hello-project-history-that-were-forgotten-about/

Not only because it's a reminder of some things past, but also because some of it is just.. Ouch :lol: And yeah... What DID happen to x, y and z?! :lol:
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 12:38:17 PM by shirenu »

Offline kurotsuki

• Member+
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2013, 08:50:49 PM »
OG time! :heart: Ayaya is considered the last solo super idol!

Aya Matsuura was the best idol ever, right?

Everything about her was just perfect

There probably won't be another person like Matsuura

She was really cute until her song "Ne~e", but she just deteriorated all of a sudden when she was treated similarly to the trash around her. If she was just treated specially and if people just made her feel like a princess, she probably would have lasted longer.

Listening to the lyrics and the songs again, it really makes you think that Tsunku is really talented.
At least it was Tsunku's talent that made Ayaya what she was.

It didn't even feel that Matsuura was forced into the limelight.
She really was an honest-to-goodness super idol.

Ayaya also has an unexpectedly huge rack

Didn't Yaguchi praise her and call her "Master" when they were together? Then when she wasn't with her, she complained that Morning Musume's earnings all went to Ayaya's concerts, right?

Serious answer, I think the best ever idol is Seiko-chan

Idols nowadays are lipsyncing and doing MC duties because of Ai Haruna's imitation of Ayaya.

Ayaya has pain in her uterus, right?
It's good that Keita isn't abandoning her.

Idol Cyborg Ayaya
Her 2 years really was perfect

Original and more comments here
http://majide2ch.blogspot.com/2013/06/aya-matsuura-was-best-idol-ever-right.html

Offline Chibs

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Confessed Eriholic
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2013, 01:16:15 AM »
Sato: Iikutasa-n, what were you doing with Nukumurasan yesterday?
Ikuta: Um, well *grin*
Fukumura: ...... *turns all red*
Iikubo: Here Machan, we'll go have breakfast

http://wolves-morningmusume.blogspot.com/2013/06/9ki-and-10ki-goes-on-school-trip-with.html

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Babymetal - Gimme Choko!!