JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Misia - So Beautiful

Author Topic: Lucky Aura Chapter 3 9/12  (Read 4179 times)

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Lucky Aura Chapter 3 9/12
« on: August 28, 2010, 02:54:15 AM »
Okay okay this is quite a weird story among all the others as softball is never used in a fic but those who have seen Major League, this is going to be quite similar except I am going to use a weird "magical" component and I hope you guys can enjoy this :nervous

Chapter 1

The H!P softball team was going downhill with their ace being sent off to another team as the eight look around seeing that the field had turned into a shade of brown that resembled the dirt.  The two younger members of the team were playing catch among themselves with their leader and sub-leader on the bench talking to their coach, Yoshizawa Hitomi.

“You two cannot be looking down like this, we may lose a lot of games but we got to  stay positive for at least our next game against Osaka.”  Yoshizawa’s smile came to a concerned look as the two players hung their heads.

“We cannot win against Osaka, without having a pitcher.”  Ai said with Risa leaning back on the bench.

“Our only pitcher for now Yajima, but she hasn’t gotten it down with coach Ishikawa her changeup, no one can win over the bats unless they have a second pitch in the bag.”  Risa complained as the shadowy figure came from behind.

“Yossie, I bought out this player’s contract from Kanagawa, she had a good record out of the B-league, but a breakdown in the past championship game cost her a chance to move on up.”  The guy says as Yossie looked over to see a girl with a smile on her face.

“Tsunku-san.... she doesn’t look like a pitcher.”  Yossie saying her concerns but knowing the situation she called the rest of the team to come into the dugout to start practice.

The girl quietly walks up as she bows to the owner before meeting up with the team as she had her old cap on and a worn out jersey with a bunny on the front.  She looks at the other girls as they presented a myriad of emotions as they saw who was going to be their new teammate.

“Come over here and introduce yourself.”  The coach bringing in the other coaches and the bench players to see the fuss.

“I am Mano Erina, or ManoEri for short, I am from Kanagawa, and want to become pitcher for this team.”  Slowly looked around to find the brown-hair girl with gum in her mouth, turn her head to the side.

“So, we have to break her in, right?”  She says as she picked up her bat.

“Tanaka is up first as always.”  Ai sarcastically goes to the bats and tosses one for her teammate.

“Okay, backups on the field, starters stay on the bench for the new kid.”  Yossie yells out as the eight run out on the field with Mano on the mound warming up.

“She should be easy to hit, if I see the pitches correctly.”  Reina whispers to Aika the person person behind her in the order.

Reina steps up after a couple practice swings timing the ball as she saw her warm up on the mound.  Mano takes a deep breath as her catcher gave her the nod to start.  She puts the ball in her hand as she rotates it to get the better feeling of the ball.  As she takes the wind-up, she sees the target of the glove and threw it across the plate for strike one.  Reina takes a step back as she saw the fastball fly by her, hitting the barrel of the bat onto the back of her shoe, she goes back in to take another pitch.

“Tanaka, don’t let her beat you!”  Jun yells as the rest of the team laughs.

Her next delivery a dropball fooling the cat’s eyes as she swung and missed the ball into the catcher’s glove for strike two.  She furiously swings at the air as she waits for the third pitch to come her way.  Mano took a deep breath as she followed the same steps but a glow came from her as Reina started to see it too.  Reina squinted her eyes as the pitch came right down the middle for strike three.  Maasa, the catcher, dropped her glove in amazement, as Reina’s mouth was wide open after seeing that pitch.

“That was unfair, you were glowing, and I never had a chance to swing at it, you must be cheating.”  With the two coaches scratching their heads to what Reina was talking about.  Ishikawa picked up the bat and give her the pitches again in order.  The fastball came first right down the tube.  Second, the dropball, and finally the glow cam from her body as she delivered her pitch.

“What is this?”  Ishikawa thinking to herself as she stood there as the next pitch went into the catcher’s glove.

“Yossie, she has the pitch.”  Ishikawa zoned out as the pitch was beautiful to the eye.

“What pitch?”  She asked.

“The Kanagawa screwball.”  She replied.

“No!  That can’t be, the only person is dead.”  Yossie took her assistants and Mano to the room.

Mano looked down as she was surrounded by the coaches and their chattering was reflecting the attention from her.  She put down her glove and stood up to see tears coming from her eyes.

“Mano, what’s wrong?”  Yossie asked as she tried to calm her down.

“The reason why I got kicked out was because my pitch was causing a lot of issues in the other league that they banned my pitch, without my screwball, I couldn’t get anybody out.”  Mano explained.

“I know about that.”  Ogawa came out as she was watching the game from the stands.

Ogawa explained how the pitch blinded the batters, it led to either Mano getting kicked out or not using the pitch anymore but the problem did not lie on her but the catcher was the grand-daughter of the creator of the pitch.  She got cursed for teaching the secret to her and reason for Mano to get her glow every time she throws it.  The coaches nodded as they looked at the frustrated pitcher.

“Mano, I have an idea, Ishikawa and I will help you get rid of the problem, and the team will help as long as they get adjusted, for now, you will be on the bench behind Yajima.”  Yossie smiled as they went out of the room seeing everyone surrounded by Reina.

“It was a blinding light and my body just froze, seeing the pitch.”  Yossie whistled to break it up.

“Everybody fielding practice, NOW!”  Everyone went out on the field except Yajima and Mano who were getting help from Ishikawa and Michishige and Sudou, who were catching.

Mano sat down watching her teammate’s mechanics and she raise her hand to get both of their attention.  Mano stood up and fixed Maimi’s hips as she was ready to throw the ball and the pitch surprised the catcher out of her glove.

“Mano is way too experienced for this.”  Ishikawa facepalmed and exhaled.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 12:40:25 PM by kurosawa87 »
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Lucky Aura Chapter 1 8/27
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 10:02:09 AM »
Mano took a deep breath as she followed the same steps but a glow came from her as Reina started to see it too
She glows? :shocked

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 11:53:00 AM »
Mano took a deep breath as she followed the same steps but a glow came from her as Reina started to see it too
She glows? :shocked

The story starts with something unbelievable but you'll realize why much later on with the story changing into a comeback story
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Off in the woods........
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 02:55:13 PM »
Softball? Mano as the lead? A great pitched but Mano is cursed so she glows really bright when she trows it, souns like a fun fic, who was the other person who could pitch that ball I wonder?

looking forward to more

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 02:49:34 AM »
@ oddball it will be a very interesting story and to find what the purpose for Mano and the different players

Chapter 2

Few hours passed by as the team was getting them into scrimmage mode, the five old timers of the team usually working on their swinging or field were observing the new pitcher they acquired. 

Ishikawa was noticing that she must have got it from a well-known pitcher back in the day, she remembered a person who always would give her advice on pitching despite never getting to the mound because of her superior batting skills.  However, not the pitch that she was thought unless she had the posture like the grand-father.

Ogawa brought a clipping to Yoshizawa's attention as to how she got the pitch, seeing the name Masahiro Takayama brought back a certain memory.

Announcer: It is the bottom of the seventh, H!P is down a run and Yoshizawa is up to the plate against Takayama, who is bringing a one-hitter into the inning, despite the walk and sacrifice bunt, she has been in control of the game.

“She's been throwing heat on the first pitch, so let's see where.”  Yoshizawa thought to herself.

The pitch came right down the middle for strike one, she looked into the pitcher's eyes, seeing the next pitch coming as a change-up, watching the person at second, she caught on, and stuck out her bat for a bunt attempt.  The pitch came and took the bat back and swung at it, managing to get a piece of it.

Everyone saw the ball fly in the air, the right fielder looking back, feeling the wall, and saw it gone over for the win.  She ran the bases with the largest smile on her face, seeing the pitcher tearing off her uniform, and finally when she hit home plate, the whole team came to celebrate.  She ran over to her and gave the her a hug.

“Hey, keep your head up, not everything comes down to a swing, its just location.”  She said as she began to smile.

“True, but unfortunately this is my last game and you have a lot of potential in this sport, don't let that spirit die.”  After a pat on the shoulder, an elderly man hugged the woman, and gave Yoshizawa a handshake.

“Good job, you hit the Kanagawa screwball for a home run.”  She looked up and gave a honest smile.

“That pitch is quite tricky to place and if I was an inch off, I would have missed it.”  The man gave a pat on the shoulder and one last saying.

“No one shall ever learn that pitch.”  He walked away without notice a week later he passed away of a stroke.

“Yossie, I remembered him too, he talked to you after the game right?”  She nodded and began to realize the situation.

She ran over to the bullpen and told Ishikawa to grab a helmet and her sunglasses and to step up onto the plate as Mano was ready to pitch.  Yossie stood behind her as she watched her mechanics closely and Sudou put on her mask to receive the pitch.

“Throw a fastball on the outside.”  Yossie instructed.

Mano winded up for the pitch and zipped it to the spot as Ishikawa noticed the pitch being very similar to a pitcher she faced in her playing days.  The rest of the team began to surround the area as they watched her pitch to Ishikawa, the leader in batting average and singles, on the team.  Ishikawa stepped back into the box and waited for the next pitch.

“Do a change-up on the inside.”  Yossie whispered as the next ball came into the spot she wanted to as Ishikawa swung and missed.

“Reina, have you ever seen a ball with that much zip?”  Ai asked as the victim shook her head.

“Never, I would learn how but it would throw off my timing.”  Reina looked on with the rest still in amazement.

“Okay, do it.”  She whispered.  “Rika-chan, do not swing but look at the pattern.”  Ishikawa rested the bat on her shoulder as she kept her eye on the ball.

Mano delivered her pitch as the glow was as bright as staring at the sun.  Ishikawa's mouth grew as she remembered that pitch from a game, the game Yoshizawa won in the final inning.  She ran up to the manager and her smile grew as she remembered that pitch from the game.

“You figured it out, but how to get rid of the glow.”  Ishikawa pondered.

“Well you are the coach for pitching and if you have anything, please let me know.”  Ishikawa took Mano to the side as Yoshizawa broke up the group to get them into scrimmage.  Her A-team was lacking that certain bit and left Maimi there on the mound as the starter for now.
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Lucky Aura Chapter 2 8/31
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 03:01:09 PM »
Sio the old man taught the woman who yossie hit for a home-run the pitch, I wonder is she is related to Mano somehow? The old man said that no-one would use his pitch again, even if it curses Mano to make she glow really bright how did she manage to learn it?

What have Yossie and Rika figured out that may cure the curse?

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 07:52:19 PM »
Might this fic have possibly been inspired by this?
boo, watermarks.

Video here:
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 04:28:53 AM »
@slack honestly some part of it except the fact was I didn't want baseball because I know it would be less interesting XD
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Re: Lucky Aura Chapter 3 9/7
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 10:25:06 AM »
@oddie Yossie and Rika are teaching and most likely will not solve it but it could be a problem later on in the story. (If you don't mind me calling you that  :nervous)

Chapter 3

Ishikawa found herself pondering about what could she do to get Mano to throw as her fastball and change up pitch works well but a great pitcher usually come with a third pitch.  As she looked through all the potential pitches, she found herself watching Maimi, and something came to mind.  Ishikawa grabbed the ball and showed her another change up that has a different trajectory.  Mano's change up was traveling from right to left which a left-handed hitter could hit easily but with Ishikawa's knowledge of pitches, she could have the pitch spin out and throw off the hitter from both sides.

“Coach, I think the pitch is not good for me, just one pitch and I feel the elbow out of place.”  Mano complained as Ishikawa grabbed a wrist band and left it on the elbow.

“Mano.  I know it may hurt, but once the pitch comes into play, the defense can play the field, but for now just practice and Maasa shall give you direction, ok?”  Mano nodded as Ishikawa looked out on the field as Maimi grew frustrated over the pitches.

She watched as Sayu and Maimi started to give non-verbal directions and Sayu came running up as she pushed down the pitcher and the fight broke out between the two as Yossie and Ogawa started to break them apart.  Shimizu started to warm up as Maasa took her stance to catch leaving Mano without a catcher.  Ishikawa took the equipment and started to put it on as she stuffed her hair under the helmet and took the first pitch and felt the stinging in her hands as the fastball hit the padding.

“This girl can throw but I guess we have to try it one day on the team.”  She said to herself as she gave her the signal to throw her regular change up.

She winded up and threw the pitch on the outside of the plate and threw Ishikawa off her stance and onto her knees as she tried to recover the pitch.  She began to smile as she gave her the third pitch and as she threw it the pitch broke the opposite way and knew the installment was a success.

“Mano!  Good job, now we can fix the screwball problem for now.”  Ishikawa congratulated her as she looked out at the field.

She grew anxious as she was the lone pitcher in the bullpen as another girl came in to distract her away from the scrimmage.  Her smile was wide and her cheerful attitude was giving Mano a boost in her mood.  She extended her hand out and shook the pitcher's hand.

“I am Okai, I am a reserve who rarely plays and I saw the pitch you threw, it was wonderful.”  She said as Mano bit her lip.

“I'm Mano, the new teammate.”  Okai punched her in the arm and gave her a bat to take her to the batting cage.

Mano took the bat and put it onto her shoulder as Okai started to load up the balls and got the machine started up as she took a helmet and stepped into the box.  Okai took her position outside the cage and started with the first pitch as Mano swung and caught the ball and drove back into the back stop.  Okai paused the machine as she saw the ball fly past her.

“Wow, how did you do that?”  Okai started to become jumpy as she was given the bat.

“I can slow down the ball in my mind and can see the threads.”  Mano smiled as Okai laughed it off as Mano took control of the remote.

Okai saw the first ball and missed the ball by a lot as she struggled to keep the bat up, Mano grabbed the smaller bat and tossed it over to Okai.  She took a higher grip on th bat as she saw the next ball come toward her and got contact on it as it tipped behind her.  Okai concentrated on the next pitch and finally got the timing down as she got enough of it to get it pass the machine.  She dropped the bat and helmet and hugged the older girl as she can get herself into a hitting situation.  Following the celebration, another girl took the batting practice as Mano went back to the fence watching the scrimmage continue.

“Yo Mano, come over here.”  Ogawa called her over.

“I feel you are a good player but the coaches just want to be cautious as we try to solve the issue with your screwball.”  She spat out her gum and popped a new stick in.

“Stay calm and prepared, you see all the people out there, they were never starters in the beginning, they worked hard to get to where they are now, I know you have talent but there is always something you need to work on.”  She gave her a pat on the shoulder and went off as they called off practice.

They circled around Yossie and tried to get the general message as Okai and her friend, Hagiwara, were next to her as the starters were in the front.  After a short speech, they all went their separate ways, Okai and Hagiwara followed the new teammate to her living quarters as they helped her to cook dinner for themselves.  Mano felt quite happy for her new friends but still slightly disappointed in the skills she could show.
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2010, 04:41:24 PM »
@Kuro87 Yeah I don't mind if you want to then go for it  :lol:

So Mano can bat aswell, thats kinda cool, it's nice to know she made some new friends aswell  :)

Mano learned a new pitch, thats cool, I wonder how the screwball problem will go however.....

@ Slack: I think I would strike out if I was facing Mano on the Mound, my mind would not be on the ball, more on the pitcher  :nervous

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2010, 12:40:08 PM »
@Oddie she is a double threat and now she needs to prove herself

Chapter 4

The next day the team got on the field as they presented their uniforms, Mano and her new friends arrived before the coaches and looked around seeing the box on the field.  Yossie and Ishikawa opened the box to see the new uniforms with the names and numbers on them.

“Team captain, Takahashi Ai, number 9.”

“Next, Niigaki Risa, number 12”

“Kamei Eri, number 13”

“Michishige Sayumi, number 8”

“Tanaka Reina, number 1”

“Mitsui Aika, number 3”

“Junjun, number 10”

“Linlin, number 7”

“And Yajima Maimi, number 5”

Yossie paused as she saw all the reserves and looked at the numbers left on the list, she tried to match them with certain numbers but eventually told them to grab whichever one they wanted and Mano stuck her hand in and pulled the number fifteen and stuck her label on the clothing.  She put it on and joined the rest of the group as they managed to get them ready for practice.  The first team went out on the field for fielding practice and Mano took her pitches in the bullpen, getting accustomed to Sudou's capabilities.

“Hello, what's up?”  Maasa started to put on her equipment as she looked out at the field.

“I was wondering why second team never practices.”  Sudou started to laugh at the concern.

“Yossie likes keeping in shape for running rather than hitting and fielding.”  As she grabbed her mask and took her stance.

Mano grabbed her glove and warmed up with some pitches, Sudou slid left and right to get herself warmed up.  Mano picked up her velocity and eventually getting up to the fact that it would hit the glove and Sudou felt a stinging in her hand.

“You all right?”  Mano asked as she saw the hand getting red and sat on the bench with her hand in ice.

“I'm fine but your pitch is just too hard, I need some padding for you.”  Both started to laugh as they looked at the practice.

Okai and Hagiwara joined them in the bullpen as they looked out and taunted Jun as she waited for the ball to come her way.  After catching the ball, she stuck her tongue out and threw the ball back into the infield.  The rest of the reserves entered and noticed everyone resting with the pitcher, as the first team started to notice them.  Everyone was chatting it up as Mano tried to insert a question but she stood back with the chatter increasing until Ishikawa pulled her out.

“I have a feeling that you want to know about them right?”  Mano nodded.

“Okay Takahashi is out best hitter and her friend Niigaki is her set-up, Tanaka is our fastest runner and her counter part Kamei takes on tough pitchers and the outfielders just vary.”  Ishikawa knew that Mano wanted to know a littlebut with this knowledge she decided to walk up to Yossie.

“Can we have a scrimmage?”  Yossie looked at her and gave her a nod.

“Here you go!”  Yossie gave her the ball and the rest of the team from the bullpen took the field.

“Scrimmage time!”  She yelled and Reina stepped up first.
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Lucky Aura Chapter 3 9/12
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2010, 03:07:27 PM »
Ha ha Mai and Chisato trying to put JunJun off  :lol:

so Mno pitch was so fat Maa needs more padding  :shocked

Looking forward to the scrimmage in the next chapter, I wonder what will happen?

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2010, 03:32:35 PM »
It's better to show the team's talent by action then just to explain. Mano can see for herself how good each player is :yep:

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2010, 06:24:25 PM »
It's better to show the team's talent by action then just to explain. Mano can see for herself how good each player is :yep:

What I wanted to show was the coach's positive look against what she'll see, which will probably be next chapter  :lol: in any case she'll see :D
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Misia - So Beautiful