JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: B`z - Itsuka no Merry Christmas

Author Topic: Paths [Prologue]  (Read 2470 times)

Offline Tundra Wind

• Member+
Paths [Prologue]
« on: September 08, 2010, 06:09:44 AM »
Yay! I finally started writing this story. Now I'm going to go crazy. :D This is based off of a daydream that's been running through my head for like 4 to 6 years now... :sweatdrop: Well, it's based one aspect of the daydream anyways. XD Anyways, there's not really any H!P group that is focused on in this fic. Any random guesses about who's who in the story? I probably won't tell you if you're right or not but I'm interested in knowing what readers think. XD

Prologue

One had been born lucky.
One had been lucky to be born.
One was willing to sacrifice everything.
And one had nothing left to sacrifice.

Was it fate that brought these four souls together? No.
Destiny? How absurd. The word itself was laughable.
Everything happens for a reason doesn’t it? A string of cause and effect.
So what happens when we try to make sense of it all?... When we do make sense of it all?

Four winged beings stood in a mass of nothingness, facing away from each other and staring off in their own direction. Darkness enveloped them all and, yet, it could not be described as pitch black. They felt both comfortable and fearful in this strange and unknown world. They all knew from experience that they shouldn’t venture off unprepared into the unknown and so they had not dared to even turn around from their position since they had stepped into the realm.

The one with wings whose shape and earthy brown color resembled that of a hawk was becoming impatient. “Mou, if we’re all just going to stand here then I want to be sent home,” said the girl, having a short coughing fit immediately after finishing her sentence.

“HOW DARE YOU SPEAK?!?” bellowed a voice that shook the realm.

The girl with glistening wings of an azure blue color was the only one to clasp her ears with her hands while the other three looked on into the darkness seemingly unaffected and obviously unimpressed.

As the world became stable again, the voice could be heard clearing their throat as if they had just choked on their own words. “Tcht, I was supposed to be the first to speak. It would’ve been so much cooler.”

“Why are we here?” asked the woman with wings arrayed in various shades of red that gave them a fiery look.

“Geez... does nobody respect me? I’m basically an all-powerful being here. Why the hell aren’t you guys scared of me?” the voice asked demandingly.

The girl with a black-colored left wing and a white-colored right wing maintained a stoic face. “Because we know you’re not allowed to do anything to us. That would be against the rules now wouldn’t it?” the girl, whose splayed feathers made her wings have a sort of wild look, said in a matter-of-fact manner.

“Insolent little brats. I forgot for a minute that your wings symbolize immortality,” the voice said in a bitter tone that sounded almost childish.

“Just tell us why we’re here already. I have absolutely nothing to do and, at the same time, an insurmountable number of things to do back in our world,” the woman with the fiery-looking wings said with a sigh of exasperation.

“Calm yourself or else you might end up doing something you’ll regret,” the voice said, this time in a kind and almost protective manner.

The voice paused for several moments to let her words sink into the girl before sighing gloomily. “Let’s just get this over with,” the voice said. The voice then took on a more fitting tone for the situation at hand.

“You have all been deemed worthy of power beyond imagination. The problem is that only one person can possess this power at a time. After some consideration about certain ‘complications’, The Council of Chronos has decided to have you four compete for the right to be my heir. To become the successor of Death,” the voice said in a tone that sounded almost apologetic.

“The winner is she who proves that they are undeniably the best. In other words, take full control of the world you have all originated from. There are no rules made specifically for this contest. Use any means you want to make the world your domain,” Death explained.

The four seemingly celestial beings remained solemnly silent. Speaking out of term when dealing with Death was already risky, they knew better than to question The Council. They had no choice but to participate in this outrageous battle to suceed Death.

“Shall we begin then?” the voice resounded in the darkness that surrounded them. “After all, oblivion awaits.”
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 08:31:27 AM by Tundra Wind »

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Re: Paths (Temporary Title)
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 06:47:47 AM »
Oooh, I like. But I can't be bothered to guess who is who at this point. :lol:

A deal with Death huh? Fun. :D I look forward to the hijinks that will result.

So this spans across various groups eh? Can't wait to see what happens next. ;)

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
Re: Paths [Prologue]
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 01:03:09 PM »
Hmm, I can't even begin to imagine, but I'm thinking maybe the five characters here seem like High King? With Reina as Death. I know I'm probably totally off, but I like the idea. :lol: I can't wait for more.

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Off in the woods........
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 04:15:04 PM »
^
Reina as death? a Yankee as Death?!?  :panic:  :lol:

Hmm at first I though that the wing colours may of given away the characters but for the black and white, unless you meant someone from s/milage.....

Looks like it's going to be an intresting story looking forward to more!

p.s. I hope ur still writing dreams aswell, I really enjoying that at the moment :bow:

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 05:17:21 PM »
Oh I see why Essy responded to this now. :lol: Mythological... almost satire, ne? :lol:

I don't really have enough to go by to venture a guess either, especially if you're using all of H!P, though what rndm described makes me think a bit. :lol: Then again, you said you weren't tying it to a specific H!P group too, so I'm kind of doubting that. :lol: There are some guesses by the character traits you've shown, but definitely can't narrow it down to just one girl each. :lol:

When it began my first thought was actually of Ribbon no Kishi... lol. I'm curious how these "girls" will use their newfound authority. ;)

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: B`z - Itsuka no Merry Christmas