JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: So Nyuh Shi Dae - Chocolate Love (Retro Pop Ver.)

Author Topic: Osaka Koi no Uta 5th year anniversary  (Read 2495 times)

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Osaka Koi no Uta 5th year anniversary
« on: April 26, 2010, 10:35:29 PM »
"Osaka Koi no Uta" was the 26th single released by Morning Musume, it was the last single for both Rika Ishikawa (Graduation) and Mari Yaguchi (Scandal).  This song was sung in Kansai-ben. The chorus had Inaba and Tsunku (I didn't know it had Inaba :nervous)

Well here are some vids:

Speaking of Ai-chan

« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 06:06:45 AM by kurosawa87 »
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
Re: Osaka Koi no Uta 5th year anniversary
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 03:42:08 AM »
I think you got some of your information wrong there: even though Ai-chan is from Fukui, which is in the west, they don't speak Kansai-ben there.
"Speakers of Kansai-ben and Kanto-ben tend to look down on Fukui-ben as being hopelessly provincial, or inaka (of the country). A rough analogy would be an American from deep Alabama or Mississippi talking with someone from the West Coast."

I think the fact that Tsunku is from Osaka has more to do with the song's origins than anything else.

I'm pretty sure this was the first single I ever bought.
As the last single of Rika-chan (planned) and Yaguchi (um, not planned), this was the first time there was a graduation while I was a fan.
...Actually I may have just started being a fan around Kaori's graduation, but I didn't know anything then.

The Music Fighter appearances for this song were EPIC.
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 05:11:26 AM »
^ just re-read the thing, didn't meant to sound like it was because of her but as a point that she was from the area :doh:

Thnx Slack for more in-depth info about it, although my general view is that I like the song very much
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 06:08:48 AM by kurosawa87 »
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 08:32:09 AM »
My interest in the song skyrocketed thanks to help from DMX and Sean Paul: ;)

Fukui is right outside what's considered the borders of the Kansai region, so that's probably what leads to confusion for some people. I'm a bit of a geography nerd so stuff like that tends to catch my attention.

As for the song, I love the dancehall-inspired beat used during the verses (which served as inspiration for the mashup I made), and Tsunku's little "dadada" parts add a nice touch to it. Ai-chan did a great job taking the lead vocals, establishing her status as a more than capable replacement of Nacchi in that role. The lyrics have contributed to my desire to learn a Kansai dialect (especially with Yossy's monologue intro), though I probably should focus on getting a better grip on standard Japanese first. :nervous The PV was somewhat interesting with the red overtones, low lighting, and names spinning around each member, though beyond that nothing much remarkable about it. The fairy theme of the costumes and single cover didn't really fit the theme or sound of the song, although it would've been a lot more interesting if they ever tried to really force the combination. :P

Looking at the history of things, this song can be considered the end of H!P's second major transitional phase that started a year prior with Nacchi's graduation, Minimoni disbanding, and Berryz Kobo debuting. With Rika departing for v-u-den, Mari laying low due to scandal, and the pending arrival of a 7th generation member, both Morning Musume and Hello Project looked like very different landscapes compared to the way things were not too long beforehand.

Also, Tsunku did his own version...but it sounds like some random guy doing karaoke: :lol:
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 04:51:02 PM »
While we're on the subject of songs this one sounds like, the consensus was that it sounded an awful lot like this:

I had a friend who was a big Tsunku fan, and I bet he liked his version better.

But it's not like he's not on the original track.  Esp. the last 30 seconds of it, which are pretty much all Tsunku.
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: So Nyuh Shi Dae - Chocolate Love (Retro Pop Ver.)