JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: IU - Secret

Author Topic: (Group) Passpo☆  (Read 570331 times)

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
Re: (Group) Passpo☆
« Reply #1080 on: January 13, 2015, 03:10:59 PM »
PASSPO appeared at the Coming of Age Day event for Shibuya-ku.

Some pics from the various PASSPO social media accounts.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 03:19:24 PM by mixedmedia »

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1081 on: January 18, 2015, 04:17:17 PM »
There is a new web-show site which will feature various idols, Passpo will be there on Tuesdays at 22:00 JST.

http://logirl.favclip.com/

Also it seems like Aipon isn't much of a drinker she seemed to get a bit tipsy here.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 11:14:56 PM by immergeil »

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #1082 on: January 25, 2015, 03:20:56 AM »
It looks like it was a place that had microbrews so the beer was probably a bit stronger than normal too.

Saw Naomi at an event for Takenaka Natsumi's (PASSPO's choreographer) book release and she had at least 2 BIG lemon sours and didn't seem affected at all. Since the the theme was comparing idols to Sailor Moon and anime characters, I was kind of disappointed that Naomi got picked over Mio since Naomi doesn't really know about anime.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #1083 on: January 25, 2015, 07:15:23 AM »
You were there? For PASSPO or the whole event in general?

As often as the girls drink beer, seeing effects on it will take a while now, I am sure ;)
But maybe Naomi got picked because of it as the general audience doesn't know much about it as well?
What is Takenaka-sensei's book about?

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #1084 on: January 26, 2015, 03:34:51 PM »
Was there for the event in general. Takenaka discusses how she sees similar qualities between female idols and anime heroines like Sailor Moon. Another section of the book talks about how female fans of idols enjoy them, sort of a roundtable discussion with other known female idol wota. I think Naomi got picked since she's really close to Takenaka, she was called her "inspiration". Naomi compared the members of PASSPO to characters from some anime I never heard of before; Doremi-chan.

Sakai Hitomi was pretty impressive. She compared the members of Idoling!!! to characters from at least 3-4 different anime and commented "compare the members of PASSPO to characters from Dragon Ball!" I haven't really kept up with Idoling!!! since 4th gen but Sakacchi's talk got me thinking I need to go back.

Anyway, now I know there's a "fancy beer place" in Koenji now. It's a cool area of Tokyo with lots of used clothing stores cheaper than Harajuku or Kichijoji. I think it's known for it's punk music scene and awa odori festival in the summer.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1085 on: February 14, 2015, 07:41:05 PM »
I can't read Japanese but I think Aipon says on her twitter that the next album will be released on May the 13'th

https://twitter.com/negishiai/status/566583662922063872

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #1086 on: February 14, 2015, 07:42:49 PM »
You read correct[emoji6]

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #1087 on: February 15, 2015, 01:27:52 AM »
And they finally had the official "seitansai" for Anya at the Platinum Sonic "3-man" (PASSPO, palet, predia) on Friday (2/13) so purple lightsticks and handkerchiefs (?) for her. Even though @JAM was the day after her birthday (2/1) at the same venue, I guess because it was someone else's event, it didn't count? Regardless, there was a ton of purple lightsticks that night too.

Anya belly dancing at an event on 2/11.

Gonna put this link here since I sometimes forget to check when Yukkii does a new "L-size report" with all her other tweets and all.

http://ima.goo.ne.jp/column/writer/37_1.html
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 02:56:20 AM by mixedmedia »

Offline bluewind78

• Member+
  • Juice=Juice Fanatic
« Reply #1088 on: February 15, 2015, 03:30:11 AM »
Not to mention PASSPO pawned both Predia and pallet in the tug of war contests!   :lol:  :twothumbs

Choice & Chance: A Juice=Juice Fanfiction:
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=42253.0

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #1089 on: February 15, 2015, 08:56:29 AM »
What can go wrong with Yukki and Morishi as pullers and Nachu working as anchor? lol
Predia are such girls[emoji16]

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1090 on: February 15, 2015, 07:20:08 PM »
Glad to see you people are still alive, this thread had become so quiet.

Offline hanji

• Member+
« Reply #1091 on: February 15, 2015, 11:45:28 PM »

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #1092 on: February 18, 2015, 06:37:30 AM »
Hey everyone. First post here. I'm a new Passpo fan. I discovered them last fall. I just loooove the mix of pop vocals and a rock sound. They have so many catchy songs! So far I've purchased One world and Jejejejet. I was tempted to buy one of their shows but they don't have anything on blu ray? That's a little strange...

Anyway, I was really surprised to hear that one of them left recently. My knowledge of Japanese music is limited and I was only aware of one band that had its members graduate, Sakura Gakuin. Now in regards to Passpo, how does the graduation process work? Is it based on how much time they're in the band? or is it based on their age? Will they ever replace the graduating members? It kinda sucks IMO. The current lineup is fantastic. I hate to think that in a few years the lineup might be completely different.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #1093 on: February 18, 2015, 11:12:46 AM »
Anyway, I was really surprised to hear that one of them left recently. My knowledge of Japanese music is limited and I was only aware of one band that had its members graduate, Sakura Gakuin. Now in regards to Passpo, how does the graduation process work? Is it based on how much time they're in the band? or is it based on their age? Will they ever replace the graduating members? It kinda sucks IMO. The current lineup is fantastic. I hate to think that in a few years the lineup might be completely different.
Welcome :)

No graduation is just the term used when someone leaves an idol group on good terms (as opposed to being fired) - it's actually Sakura Gaukuin that is different because in that group graduation literally means they graduate from the group because of their age.

In a few years PASSPO probably won't exist anymore, being a pop-idol is something for young girls, they do it until they either get their dream job like say become an actress or they just go on with their lives getting a normal job, getting married and such.

And since you mention Sakura Gaukin I assume you're the one that pm'ed me on reddit asking for a Passpo site ;)

Also I made a crude writeup on PASSPO on the kawaiimetal reddit -> http://www.reddit.com/r/KawaiiMetal/comments/2w6z14/introduction_to_passpo/
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 02:15:18 PM by immergeil »

Offline Akokyuu

« Reply #1094 on: February 18, 2015, 12:17:53 PM »
Hi and welcome Clem84!
Glad to see new fans :).

Hum indeed they don't have blu-ray, but even on DVD, the quality you can have is really poor. They are recording their flights without thinking of lots of details, so the quality isn't really great. Especially for the lights. So we don't really need blu-ray for that kind of images (imo).

About the graduation of the last member (Maccochan), it wasn't the first one. At the beginning PASSPO☆  was composed of 10 girls, and Musshu (Kaho Sakuma) left the group (30/12/2011). Officially it was due to health problems. They announced her graduation less than one month before only!

Since she graduated, fans were asking questions about the futur of the group. And they decided to let the fans choose between 7 new girls. Or it was what we were thinking. The thing is that they put the 9 former members of PASSPO + the new girls in a survey, and the 10 girls with the most votes were supposed to become the new line up.
Finally, because of fans reactions, they just quit this idea and the line up stayed with only the 9 former members.
And recently, with the new graduation, the group will just stay like that.
Also, with the 7 other girls, they finally created a new group (Palet).

About how works the graduations, there's absolutely no rules with that. It depends on lots of things and how the group were thought at the beginning.
For PASSPO☆ , since they all are in the group since the very beginning, the graduation can't be decide on the criteria of "how much time they're in the group".
It's just a decision they can take when they want to leave (of course they also have a contract they have to respect).
Obviously, the age is a real criteria : at a moment, they want to have a strong relationship which is normal thing. 
And in some groups, girls know that they will be forced to quit when they reach 20 or 22 years old (marketing plan).

In PASSPO's case, to be honest, we're closer to the end of the group than the beginning. The group will probably end with a disband rather than a new line-up.
However, since they are doing more and more things (writing songs, playing instruments for example), we can hope that we still have few years with them :).
We'll have more informations on the lifetime of the group with the success of the next album. 
Sorry for my english! I'll try my best.

Offline bluewind78

• Member+
  • Juice=Juice Fanatic
« Reply #1095 on: February 18, 2015, 01:38:01 PM »
Just though I'd offer my 2 cts to the discussion here after lurking for so long. You can actually see that they are pushing the girls to explore other aspects of the entertainment industry in the hopes that all that could be a prelude to remaking the image and ultimately the core of what PASSPO is and the direction and future of the group. I believe this is obvious with the push into a band-format cos they started out as a girl rock unit...singing and dancing that kinda stuff, to actually being a band with members having the capability of playing actual instruments. You can also see the Muriyari Passpo clips showing the girls doing things they are not used to, also involving themselves in varieties. Hopefully each crew member can find a niche within the industry if not within the group, eventually doing something they are really good at. I hope this experiment could ultimately transform PASSPO into something much more than a girl's band/rock unit..cos from what I see, the diversity of each member's talent, if tapped to full potential, can propel the group collectively to greater heights, provided they are harnessed PROPERLY.

eg (from what I know thus far). Mio is incredibly talented artistically, she already designs the group's costumes/outfits and drew manga cos thats her interest.

Sako (my girlfriend) seems to have a knack for MC-ing, she's the reliable and hardworking (sane) one with a desire to be a journalist. More often the tsukkomi character in PASSPO. Also she's multi-capable...plays the guitar (main guitarist) and also one of the stronger dancers within the group. Though she's not the type to stand out in interviews/variety shows, you can always see her put in 100% the moment they start dancing. She has that quiet charm that's endearing to the members and fans like me. (I know, I'm biased, just bear with me)

Annya is a hell of a dancer! She seem to excel everything put to her in this field. That clip of her trying out belly dancing is proof dance is in her genes. Engaging personality

Morishi...man, the thing that strikes me first is her smile...it ALWAYS gets to me! I could be down in the doldrums after a tough day but the moment I saw any clips featuring this gal her smile just makes me cheerful again and lifts my spirits...also...she's got a powerful voice and totally deserving of being Passpo's lead vocalist. Derpy and bubbly gal, oh, energetic and athletic too.

Aipon...ahh, the CAPTAIN. Two words: WOMANLY CHARMS.  :ondick:  (though that being said, I think she's a heck of a leader though she may not act like the type)
Choice & Chance: A Juice=Juice Fanfiction:
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=42253.0

Offline hanji

• Member+
« Reply #1096 on: February 18, 2015, 02:35:24 PM »
In PASSPO's case, to be honest, we're closer to the end of the group than the beginning. The group will probably end with a disband rather than a new line-up.
However, since they are doing more and more things (writing songs, playing instruments for example), we can hope that we still have few years with them :).
We'll have more informations on the lifetime of the group with the success of the next album. 

I was actually quite surprised by the announcement of a new studio album. A lot of times a best of-album means an easy way to terminate a record deal (at least in the Western music world) so my estimate was one final nationwide tour and then call it quits. Fortunately this turns out not to be the case.

About the new album, Shiori said something about the group(-management) reconsidering/finetuning the musical concept. She described the current direction as 'American Girl Rock' but in my opinion only about 1/3 of their songs belong to this category, the rest being pop, jpop, punkpop, japanese punkrock, partyrock, samba etc...so yeah, I'm very curious how the new album will be.

Nice to meet you all, by the way!

Offline Akokyuu

« Reply #1097 on: February 18, 2015, 02:51:47 PM »
Ahah, I'm rather ok with all that you said.
However for Sakotee, she's not really a great dancer, she's goo because she's a hard worker. Yesterday I watched a show were she was learning belly dance with Naomin and Annya. It wasn't fabulous. While Annya is a real genius and can do everything easily, Sakotee had to work a lot to have a good result.
I'm pretty sure that she'll stop music or any artistic thing after PASSPO, not because she don't want it, but it asks her too much work. 

Morishi seems to have the same faculties as Annya (even if Annya is THE dancer of the group) , and she's better than every other member physically. She's a fantastic singer but I don't consider her as the lead vocalist. She's sharing that with Aipon (and more, Aipon still have the lead, and Mori second imo).

Oh and for Aipon... I didn't really understood what you wanted to say about her as a leader, sorry.
Personally, I think she's perfect in this role. She was the best girl at the beginning (singer, dancer) and she evolved to still be at her place.
Also, she's really a good person because she's not really okay with all the bikinis, gravure thing etc. But as a perfect professional girl, she done everything she had to do for her career (and for PASSPO). She don't really like to be considered because she's really nice. She's the person who deserve the most to be here.
Now, she's a little less present than before : some of the girls are really more confident with the microphone and can also lead the others when Aipon isn't here (for the showcase stream for example).

--------

I wasn't suprised at all with the new album. They spend so much time learning instruments, it was a normal thing to, at least, do one album where they can play several songs. Same for the writing. Oh and yes, when they are talking about a kind of music, this is just a kind of bullshit. They are doing too much differents things to put a name on their style. Oh and with the belly dance learning, maybe we'll have the right to another music like Kimi Iro no Samba? (or maybe it's just to have a new choregraphy for that song).

Oh and for this album, I bet this will not be the last :).
Sorry for my english! I'll try my best.

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #1098 on: February 18, 2015, 03:18:58 PM »

Welcome :)

No graduation is just the term used when someone leaves an idol group on good terms (as opposed to being fired) - it's actually Sakura Gaukuin that is different because in that group graduation literally means they graduate from the group because of their age.

In a few years PASSPO probably won't exist anymore, being a pop-idol is something for young girls, they do it until they either get their dream job like say become an actress or they just go on with their lives getting a normal job, getting married and such.

And since you mention Sakura Gaukin I assume you're the one that pm'ed me on reddit asking for a Passpo site ;)

Also I made a crude writeup on PASSPO on the kawaiimetal reddit -> http://www.reddit.com/r/KawaiiMetal/comments/2w6z14/introduction_to_passpo/

Yeah that was me. :) I also found another one (not sure if it's ok to mention it). So the two of them will probably satisfy my Passpo discussion needs.

Relieved that they're not being kicked out of the band because of their age. We might get them for at least a few years. I just love their sound.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 03:24:23 PM by clem84 »

Offline hanji

• Member+
« Reply #1099 on: February 18, 2015, 03:55:38 PM »
I wasn't suprised at all with the new album. They spend so much time learning instruments, it was a normal thing to, at least, do one album where they can play several songs. Same for the writing.

Well let's hope they leave the songwriting/recording to the professionals...I'd rather hear a few seasoned middle-aged metal musicians rip it up like they do on Mask, Fake, Wing, I and Next Flight. :rock:

That being said, the transition of pure idols into idols playing instruments live during concerts is imo the coolest thing ever done in the business so full credits to the girls for that!   

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: IU - Secret