JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Morning Musume - Hyokkori Hyoutanjima

Author Topic: (Group) KAT-TUN  (Read 78018 times)

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Jin Akanishi to collaborate with Jason Derulo for first U.S. single
« Reply #260 on: February 13, 2011, 07:11:34 PM »
Before his concert on Sunday, Jin Akanishi held a press conference to talk about his upcoming U.S. plans. He announced that his debut U.S. single will be a collaboration with singer-songwriter Jason Derulo, produced by J. R. Rotem.

Akanishi said that he plans to release a full album this fall, and one of the songs will be a collaboration written by Derulo. The song is still being worked on, but he indicated that it would be a pop tune.

Derulo debuted in 2009 with the hit song "Whatcha Say," which was also produced by Rotem. Rotem also produced his later songs, such as "In My Head" and "Ridin' Solo."

Besides the news of his single, Akanishi announced that he will release a DVD of his current tour on May 4, titled "Yellow Gold Tour 3011."

Not sure if want.. :panic:

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
  • Terashima Takuma Fan No.1
Re: (Group) KAT-TUN
« Reply #261 on: February 15, 2011, 07:32:45 PM »
Let's see how this turn out! :D
But I'm excited about his Live DVD!

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #262 on: February 19, 2011, 04:13:33 PM »
Jin was on Music Station yesterday!
赤西仁 - Yellow Gold+Eternal(MUSIC STATION 11.02.18) - 视频 - 优酷视频 - 在线观看

His concert tour DVDs come out 2011/05/04
CDJapan:
Yellow Gold Tour 3011 [2DVD / Limited Edition Type-A] - 5714yen
Live DVD release from Jin Akanishi featuring his "Yellow Gold Tour 3011" concerts held in Japan from January to February 2011. This edition includes a bonus disc with digest footage of his US tour, documentary footage, and more.

Yellow Gold Tour 3011 [w/ photo book, Limited Edition / Type B] - 6667yen
Live DVD release from Jin Akanishi featuring his "Yellow Gold Tour 3011" concerts held in Japan from January to February 2011. This edition includes a hardcover photobook.

Yellow Gold Tour 3011 [Regular Edition] - 4762yen
Live DVD release from Jin Akanishi featuring his "Yellow Gold Tour 3011" concerts held from January to February 2011.

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #263 on: February 19, 2011, 10:50:27 PM »
Going to order the two limited DVDs! >__<
1.) Because of the Bonus DVD and 2.) because of the PB! :DDDDD

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #264 on: February 22, 2011, 07:39:55 PM »

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #265 on: February 25, 2011, 09:51:12 PM »
Happy belated Birthday, Kame! :nervous
Even, if I not love him much like I do it for Jin... he deserves it!

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #266 on: June 28, 2011, 07:24:20 PM »

potato

myojo

How about their last single 'White', and forthcoming single in August? :deco:
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 02:49:59 AM by Amplifier »

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #267 on: October 09, 2011, 02:51:36 PM »
KAT-TUN to host new variety show
Posted on September 8, 2011 by tokyograph

KAT-TUN will host a new variety show on NTV, their first since “Cartoon KAT-TUN” ended in March 2010. The new show is tentatively titled “KAT-TUN no Zettai Manetaku Naru TV” and will have the members of KAT-TUN presenting people “you will want to imitate” and various goods, aiming to create new trends.

It seems that the members will be in charge of different areas based on their interests. For example, Kamenashi Kazuya will cover food and sports-related topics, Tanaka Koki will deal with music and recent hot spots, and Nakamaru Yuichi will handle new products and daily living.

Three guests on the show will determine which members presented something that “you would not want to imitate,” and those members will have to participate in a penalty game, possibly drawing on other recent trends.

Taguchi Junnosuke commented, “Our concerts got postponed this year, so the five of us were only able to release CDs, so I’m very happy that we are able to work together on something.” KAT-TUN has been a five-member group since last July, when Akanishi Jin officially left to pursue a solo career.

“KAT-TUN no Zettai Manetaku Naru TV” will air on Tuesday nights from 11:58pm to 12:29am, starting on October 18.

Source: http://www.tokyograph.com/news/kat-tun-to-host-new-variety-show/#more-21625

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAH :muffin:

Offline Hinano

• ecchi
« Reply #268 on: October 11, 2011, 05:45:52 AM »
aaawwww~~ KAT-TUN! <3 Love them so much! *___*
Especially Junno~~~~ <33333

Last year in Tokyo I wanted desperately one of the Junno keychains out of one of the many KAT-TUN gachapon machines standing around in some Purikura places around Harajuku... I spent so much money there and in the end I had keychains of every member, but none of Junno... T-T

I'm excited to see there new show! *___*

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #270 on: November 28, 2011, 03:21:56 PM »
Page 2? Don't bet your life on it.

PV for their latest single. Digging the song :rockon:

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #271 on: November 30, 2011, 02:48:33 PM »

KT-TUN on Best Artist 2011

BIRTH is one of the best songs this year

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #272 on: February 19, 2012, 06:56:08 PM »

New singlesong, from their new album. Pretty alright. Keep it up, KT.

[CDJapan] Chain [Regular]
[CDJapan] Chain [Limited]

edit: i'll just leave this here.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 09:46:11 PM by Amplifier »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #273 on: October 11, 2013, 06:21:12 AM »
Johnny & Associates cancels exclusive contract with Tanaka Koki, KAT-TUN becomes a 4-member group
October 9, 2013 @ 10:43 am

On October 9th, Johnny & Associates, Inc. announced the cancellation of their exclusive contract with KAT-TUN's Tanaka Koki as of September 30. Therefore, KAT-TUN is now a 4-member group.

Below is the translation for the announcement posted on Johnny's net website.

"We have decided to cancel our exclusive contract with KAT-TUN's Tanaka Koki as of September 30th, due to his repeated violation of the company rules. KAT-TUN will continue their activities with 4 members after Tanaka's withdrawal, so we would like to ask the fans for your support as you have done until now.
- 2013.10.9 Johnny & Associates, Inc."

"It is what the company's announcement says. I told the members my gratitude for being in the group with me though I have caused so many troubles until now, and my feeling of apology that I am sorry. I am planning to continue my activities, so I will make further announcement when the details are set.
- 2013.10.9 Tanaka Koki"

"To our fans and people concerned, we are terribly sorry for causing trouble this time. In order for us to raise the group's consciousness, we have had many talks, but we are very disappointed that it ended up like this for our member who we have been together for over 10 years. From now on, KAT-TUN's activities will continue with 4 members, so please continue to support us.
- 2013.10.9 KAT-TUN"
Source: Johnny's net website
LINKS
- http://www.tokyohive.com/article/2013/10/johnny-associates-cancels-exclusive-contract-with-tanaka-koki-kat-tun-becomes-a-4-member-group
- http://www.johnnys-net.jp/page?id=text&dataId=414

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #274 on: March 03, 2014, 05:44:29 AM »
Akanishi Jin Leaves Johnny's Entertainment
March 2, 2014

Former KAT-TUN member and then solo artist Akanishi Jin has just announced on Twitter that he has left his agency Johnny's & Associates. He tweeted the following message in both Japanese and English:
I, Jin Akanishi, have come to an agreement with Johnny's & Associates, Inc. not to continue our contract that expired on 02/28/2014. I have the utmost gratitude for everyone I have worked with and the experiences I've had. To my fans and everyone who has supported me thus far, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

We have agreed to this decision so that I may follow my dream of putting as much energy into my global career as I have here in Japan. I will do everything I can to make new memories with all my supporters, I'm looking forward to sharing my dream with all of you!

Sincerely,

Jin Akanishi
2014/03/02
Akanishi has always had a strong interest in developing his career abroad. After leaving KAT-TUN in 2006, he left to study English in Los Angeles. However, soon after, he caused trouble by reporting his marriage to actress Kuroki Meisa, after it actually happened, to his agency.

Since then, his viewpoints have been diverging from that of the agency's. As of now, Akanishi's page on Johnny's net as well as official fan site Johnny's web have not been updated to reflect this change.

Sources: Akanishi Jin's Twitter & Sponichi
LINKS
- http://www.tokyohive.com/article/2014/03/akanishi-jin-leaves-johnnys-entertainment
- https://twitter.com/Jin_Akanishi/status/440040881576349696/photo/1
- http://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainment/news/2014/03/02/kiji/K20140302007693800.html

Offline unmeiboy

• ecchi
« Reply #275 on: April 17, 2015, 01:39:24 PM »
Haha wow this thread is dead. My favorite members are still left in the group and I'm going to see them in Tokyo dome in 3 weeks. Wanted to see them for so long haha ♥

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #276 on: November 26, 2015, 06:23:40 AM »
KAT-TUN's Taguchi Junnosuke to leave the group & Johnny's
November 24, 2015

On November 24, KAT-TUN member Taguchi Junnosuke announced that he will be leaving the group and Johnny & Associates, Inc. next spring.

He made the announcement at the group's live performance for NTV's special music program "Best Artist 2015."

Right before KAT-TUN's performance, Taguchi stated, "I'm sorry for this sudden announcement, but I have an announcement to make. I, Taguchi Junnosuke, will be leaving KAT-TUN next spring, and also from Johnny & Associates."

While big screams were breaking out in the audience, he continued, "As I'm almost 30 years old, I considered the way of my life in the future, and I have chosen my way, though I'm really sorry for the members. To you fans who have been supporting me until now, and all the people concerned, I am very grateful. Thank you very much."

Then, a fellow member Kamenashi Kazuya took the microphone, and said, "First of all, we are really sorry for this sudden announcement. Also, as this is not the first time for a thing like this to happen to our group, I feel really terrible to people involved and you fans for causing much trouble and worry. We are sorry."
Kamenashi also apologized to the NTV, the program's staff, and other artists who appeared on the program, as well as the viewers.

On the same day, Johnny & Associates, Inc. also released a comment on their official site, "We have agreed that our company and KAT-TUN member Taguchi Junnosuke would not renew the contract. Making this announcement at this timing which is about to be the group's 10th anniversary year, we apologize heartily to the fans who are supporting. We also want to apologize to people involved for all the troubles we have caused."

Regarding the timing for Taguchi's withdrawal, the statement wrote, "We will decide when would be the right timing on the program he makes a regular appearance, to have the least impact."

They also mentioned KAT-TUN's future activities, "We are not planning to disband the group, but we will make another announcement at a later date regarding their future activities after discussing the best course of action for the rest of the members."

KAT-TUN was formed as a 6-member group, and made their major debut back in 2006. They have had 2 members withdraw in the past; Akanishi Jin (in July 2010) and Tanaka Koki (in September 2013).

Source: Oricon (1+2)
- http://www.tokyohive.com/article/2015/11/breaking-kat-tuns-taguchi-junnosuke-to-leave-the-group-johnnys
- http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2062807/full/
- http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2062785/full/

AramaJapan.com - Taguchi Junnosuke to Leave KAT-TUN and Johnny & Associates in the Spring
- http://aramajapan.com/news/taguchi-junnosuke-to-leave-kat-tun-and-johnny-associates-in-the-spring/52430/

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Morning Musume - Hyokkori Hyoutanjima