JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: T-ara - Roly Poly in Copacabana

Author Topic: [Movie] Moshidora (starring Maeda Atsuko)  (Read 20242 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
[Movie] Moshidora (starring Maeda Atsuko)
« on: December 13, 2010, 05:12:18 AM »
Atsuko Maeda stars in "Moshidora" movie adaptation

Sun, December 12, 2010 (5:58pm EST)

This year's top-selling book, "Moshi Koukou Yakyuu no Joshi Manager ga Drucker no 'Management' wo Yondara," is being adapted as a live-action film, starring AKB48 member Atsuko Maeda (19). Although Maeda has starred in recent dramas such as "Q10" and "Majisuka Gakuen," this will be her first lead role in a movie. Her last appearance in one was "Nasu Shonenki" in 2008. The original book, also known as "Moshidora," was published by Natsumi Iwasaki in December 2009, and it has sold approximately 1.81 million copies since then to become the biggest hit of the year. The story revolves around Minami Kawashima, the female manager of a high school baseball team who mistakenly buys the book "Management: Tasks, Responsibilities, Practices" by the late management expert Peter Drucker. Using Drucker's advice on management, she reforms the team with the goal of reaching the Koshien tournament.

Although the book's main character was originally modeled after AKB48's Minami Minegishi (18), she will instead be playing a supporting role as another one of the team's managers. Koji Seto (22) has been cast as the team's ace pitcher, while Sosuke Ikematsu (20) is taking on the role of a catcher. Other cast members include Haruna Kawaguchi (15) as a friend of the protagonist and Yo Oizumi (37) as the team's coach. AKB48 producer Yasushi Akimoto (54) is serving as general producer for the film. Theatrical release is scheduled for June 2011. Besides this film adaptation, "Moshidora" is already being adapted as a manga starting this month in the magazine Super Jump, as well as an anime series on NHK starting in March. It was recently announced that another AKB48 member, Sayaka Nakaya (19), will be voice acting for a supporting character in the anime.
http://www.tokyograph.com/news/id-7148
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 03:15:14 PM by SomethingWild »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
Promo pic:

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
Definitely gonna check it out.  If it's the #1 selling book in Japan, surpassing even Harry Potter, there's got to be something to it.  Plus no way I'm going to be able to read the book, at least not yet without getting a headache.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++

Offline testament101

• Personman, Man of the interwebs
  • Member+
  • jpop and kpop and idols...oh my
Atsuko Maeda stars in "Moshidora" movie adaptation

Sun, December 12, 2010 (5:58pm EST)
Although the book's main character was originally modeled after AKB48's Minami Minegishi (18), she will instead be playing a supporting role as another one of the team's managers.

while not surprising...this is still kinda fucked up.  But that's show business for you I suppose...

R.I.P. Nujabes

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+

90 second trailer. DOWNLOAD
quality sucks, but

edit: you can view both trailers on the official website: http://www.moshidora-movie.jp/trailer/

Offline z3144228

• ん♥♥
  • Member+

AKB48 member, Maeda Atsuko will star in upcoming movie “Moshimo Koukou Yakyu no Joshi Manager ga Drucker no “Management” wo Yondara (aka: Moshidora),”
 which will be released in July 2011.  ”Moshidora” is a business novel which took the No.1 best seller of the year title. 
It’s a story about a high school girl who is the manager of a lesser baseball team and how she tries to lead the team to “Koshien (National High School Baseball Championship)”
by learning strategies from business book, “Management” by Peter Drucker.

Official Site: http://moshidora-movie.jp/
source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2010/12/akb48-maeda-atsuko-to-star-in-moshidora-movie/

we should have thread for this movie  XD

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++

Although the book's main character was originally modeled after AKB48's Minami Minegishi (18), she will instead be playing a supporting role as another one of the team's managers.

:lol:
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 04:48:26 PM by Masa »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
Official Moviebook:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=NEOBK-961669

I wonder if it'll have similar pics as the booklet for Acchan's solo single.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
I've been watching the anime... it made have doubts about the movie.

The character named Ayano Hōjō is voiced by Sayaka Nakaya (who does a great job) and is played by Miichan in the movie. This girl "is incredibly shy, usually saying little else besides Oh, yeah, right." To me, casting Miichan as this character seems like a huge mismatch. She's gotta do some great acting to pull that off.

Secondly, the protagonist tries to manage the baseball team... That in itself is a pretty boring storyline, but I can't really imagine how Acchan can spice it up a bit. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

----------

edit: finished the anime. I think Acchan will do just fine. I still feel Miichan is wrong for her part, they could've gone for Nakayan instead.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 11:20:48 AM by BarrieV »

Offline WawanBlackStar

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • BL★CK

Offline elricfree

• Member+
Just finished the anime yesterday
Nice story with slow pace in the first episode
i don't think that Miichan in the right character set
shy and clumsy - not miichan right?
sorry for my bad English

Offline frentzenwolf

i really interesting about this
how does peter's management skill can use in a baseball team
it sounds very good

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
crosspromoting~ :heart:

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
Moshidora Official book previews:

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
Re: [2011.06.04] Moshidora Live Action Movie (Atsuko Maeda and Minami Minegishi)
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2011, 07:12:39 PM »
Blu-ray release! (region free)

CDJapan

Premium edition includes a bonus DVD with a making-of, event footage, trailer and TV spots plus a press sheet and a 24-page photo booklet.

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: T-ara - Roly Poly in Copacabana