JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Nananine - `79ers

Author Topic: A Series of Unfortunate Events [Now Showing: "And So It Begins" 23/8/09]  (Read 8053 times)

Offline stefy

• ecchi
  • Member+
Essy & Stefy: ALOHA~!!
Essy: I mean KONNICHIPA!
Stefy: OTSUKAREINA!!
Essy: USACHAN PEEEEAAAACCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
Stefy: OYASAYUMIIIIIIIIIN!!!
Essy: Oi, it's just the beginning and you're saying goodbye? Off point la!

NEW FICCCCC Essy and Stefy's Collabo-Labo!!! We'll be updating (hopefully) weekly~ since we're planning to meet up every week to write together~

Well... enjoy. We'll talk later 8)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

A Series of Unfortunate Events
[Pre-Loader]

The sun was glaring brightly onto the surface of the ever-bustling surroundings of the huge campus. It was that time of the year again, where everyone would at any point of the day feel as if their skin were melting from the heat. Some people found it refreshing to have this kind of weather; while others, mainly the majority, found it unbearable.

Taking shelter from the scorching sun, two girls stood exchanging stares. Not a very common scene as the one of the girl held dearly onto a little parcel in front of her chest looking at the other with puppy eyes.

"Please, will you take this?"

A young lady bowed with arms outstretched gripping onto a small gift wrapped box together with a letter. Standing in front of her, another young lady looking no older then herself, took the small parcel with great reluctance. Knowing very well that the recipient of this fancy warped gift was not herself, the taller young lady stood there casually waiting for the shy looking schoolmate to continue with her next sentence.

"I'm sorry but could you please give it to Matsuura-senpai? I know you two are close friends, I've seen you two together all the time. Onegaishimasu."

With that the stranger ran away, leaving the close friend of one Matsuura-senpai to deliver some present for her. She chucked the present into her backpack, not bothering if it would get damaged or smashed among all the other junk she had inside and began walking in the opposite direction. She recalled the very first time which triggered her inter-school DHL service and pondered over charging the fan girls of one of her good friends in the near future. It sure did give her an excellent chance to earn some extra money off one very popular Matsuura Aya.

After walking for a good 3 minutes, the lanky girl looked around the very familiar yet somehow foreign surroundings with a frown showing itself on her naturally pretty face.

Which class was it again?

Yoshizawa Hitomi, delivery girl extraordinaire, was very much lost in her very own school.

In a darker and almost enclosed atmosphere, two girls stood at the first floor of a three storied block waiting patiently, well at least one of the duo was patient, for a classmate of theirs.

"Mou where is she? We're going to be late for class."

A voice which resembled that of a feminine anime character, uttered softly as a girl paced back and forth anxiously waiting for her classmate to arrive. She had her hair pulled back in a ponytail, wearing a simple T-shirt and jeans outfit giving the girl a very sweet and girl-next-door aura about her.

"My guess is, she went to the wrong place."

Another girl said, leaning against the cool wall in a listless manner as she checked the time on her phone. Her hair let down with light curls, she wore expensive looking jeans matched with a white jacket both of which decorated with crystals. She gave off a very strong presence which never failed to grab the attention and admiration of anyone who walked past her.

"Again? Didn't you tell her where the class is? It's your turn to inform her you know, Mattsu."

Anime voiced girl grumbled as she settled down and stood beside one third of her close knit clique, she looked over at her friend, Matsuura Aya, with a pair of pleading eyes. "My phone bill is on the verge of exceeding its limit so... could you?" She pleaded, hinting to Aya to give their third buddy a call. Aya rolled her eyes as she pressed on her speed dial and placed her phone against her ear, "Seriously Ishikawa, how much can a one minute call be?" She said as she waited for a specific somebody to answer her call.

After several rings the receiver of the call finally picked up, exclaiming a "Ayaya-chan~ Help mee!" through the phone without any greetings to the caller.

"Where are you?!" Aya growled in a low voice, obviously annoyed by her friend's aloofness most times. She listened to the coordinates the other gave as she rolled her eyes again for the second time of the day. "Didn't I tell you where our class was just last night?" Aya yelled back.

A few minutes and a couple of disregarded tongue-lashings later the voice on the other end exclaimed, "Oh there you are." *Beep*

"Ohayo! What’s up?" A cheerful voice spoke as a figure of a tall and fair looking girl approached the duo casually with one hand in her pocket, completely ignoring two fairly threatening glares pointing at her direction...

Such was probably the normal everyday routine of the second year students, Yoshizawa Hitomi, Matsuura Aya and Ishikawa Rika.

Class was over, and the three of them decided to head elsewhere to study. The gang walked over under the scorching sun to the bus stop to meet the fourth member of their group, who was spacing out at one of the pillars in a corner. Aya, who was walking at top speed to avoid the sun's rays, stormed past the oblivious girl who barely blinked at her passing. In one minute flat, Aya had made it into shade; making a turn and heading straight for the little round room near the bus stop.

The other two, still under the sun, looked slightly puzzled for a second before the exact same thought ran though each of their minds 'toilet again'.

"How long do you think she'll take this time?" Rika mused aloud as they joined their spaced out friend at the bus stop.

"Blusher here and there then oh! I forgot to go pee~" Yossi mimicked with one hand, palm faced up before her while the other was brushing her cheeks as if portraying some vain girl putting on makeup. The other two laughed along, before the third member of their party paused with a puzzled expression on her face.

"Ossu~ What are you guys doing here now?"

"Maichin, we arranged to meet here after class didn't we?" Yossi reminded her patiently. Mai scratched the side of her head in realization. "Oh yeah..."

Rika looked at her watch impatiently, completely ignoring the usual Mai behavior. "If the bus comes before she arrives, we're leaving without her."

Mai, true to her usual fashion, asked. "There's someone else?"

Aya came back just in the nick of time before the bus came, and they all piled into the bus, headed to the shopping center near Aya's house to study. Once on the bus, Aya walked to the back of the bus where there were just a few seats available. The other three stood in the middle of the bus and decided to wait for other people to alight before grabbing their seats. The three goofed around randomly before some seats opened up. Yossi let Rika take the seat nearer to the window first before taking a seat beside her friend, leaving Mai to stand all by herself.

"Look Yocchan our old Junior High!" Rika pointed excitedly at the building outside the glass window.

Yossi looked to where she was pointing. "Oh yea... this place brings back good memories."

Rika nodded vigorously, cradling one cheek in her hand as her eyes misted over in reminiscence.

"You're right! Like how we first met right?" Yossi scratched her chin speculatively.

"Ah, well, that too I guess...but I think there were better memories than that here." Rika stuck out her tongue and slapped Yossi on the arm before turning back to look at the familiar surroundings.

"What? What? Hey tell me what you guys were talking about!" Mai suddenly appeared behind the girls without warning. She could never stand not having anyone to talk to, like she would always mention, she just has to have someone to talk to her if not she would start talking softly to herself. Yossi turned, startled to find Mai towering over them like a creepy old man, then shrugging it off as typical Mai behavior.

"Nothing, just about our old school. We just passed it."

Mai nodded slowly, glancing at the now different scenery outside the same window. "Oh...too bad I missed it" Yossi laughed and turned back to face the front before she got a neck ache from the position she was in.

"What's she dazing at? Rika's in dream mode again." Mai blurted out, changing the  subject as she spotted Rika's sudden change in expression.

"Her hair is so nice.. iinaa~"

Rika exclaimed, longingly gazing at the girl not far from them. Yossi looked ahead, searching for the source of Rika's new found interest. No girl with what she would call beautiful hair anywhere in sight.

"Tsk tsk... that’s one major hottie right there. Checking out the competition?" Mai prodded Rika playfully with a wink.

"Where? Who? Oh you mean that oddly dressed girl there with the white shorts and long hair?" Yossi said a little too loudly, not realizing that the girl could have overheard their conversation.

"Quiet, Yocchan! She'll know we're talking about her!" Rika hissed at the still clueless Yossi.

"Why? You like her now? Go ask her out then." Yossi retorted loudly, with Mai bursting out with laughter behind them.

"Erm.. excuse me? Can I have your number please? Oh my god I'm so in love with your hair!" Mai said while twirling her hair and imitating Rika's voice, sending Yossi into a laughing fit, while Rika glared angrily from Mai to her long time friend as if contemplating who to whack first.

"Uh oh, I think she knows... She just looked over at us before getting off her stop. Yikes."

"Where? Who? Oh you mean that oddly dressed girl there with the white shorts and long hair?"
"Why? You like her now? Go ask her out then."
"Erm.. excuse me? Can I have your number please? Oh my god I'm so in love with your hair!"

'Damn, some idiots are talking about me. Who else here is wearing white shorts.. Oddly dressed?! These are the latest trend now, losers.'

The girl with the flawless looking hair thought to herself while cursing the group of people gossiping behind her back. She stood up angrily as the bus glided to a stop. Deciding to send a threatening glare at the group before alighting, she did so, only to have something, more like someone, catch her eye.

'Oh my god, ka..kakkoii...'

Walking home, the long haired girl was unable to stop thinking about the person she saw in the bus. Even if that person had been one of those talking about her...

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Essy: How was it?
Stefy: How was it? How was it?
Essy: I said that already! Find your own line!
Stefy: Whatcha think of it?
Essy: -.- Same meaning...
Stefy: Whatever...
Essy: Anyway, to the readers, this might seem somewhat familiar because a certain someone...
Stefy: ME!
Essy: *whack* I'm talking here! As I was saying, a certain someone...
Stefy: Me, ME!!!
Essy: ...I give up. Fine, you continue.
Stefy: Me wrote a similar fic before, ALONE, NO HELP... LOUSY WORK.
Essy: *whispers*We knew that!
Stefy: *glares* ... And now we came up with a new and improved story line for that fic, over countless sessions at MOS Burger XD
Essy: Although we're at starbucks now...
Stefy: *clasps hand together* This new fic is ... well~ its...
*fades out*

NEXT CHAPTER!!!

---buffering---
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 05:17:45 PM by stefy »

Offline ~happyxcharmy~

• Member+
  • 男人大可不必百口莫辩,女人實在無須楚楚可憐
Re: A Series of Unfortunate Events [Now Showing: "Pre-Loader" 30/7/09]
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 03:37:00 PM »
is this ishiyoshi?? i wish it is!!
i guess that oddly dressed girl is mikitty.
mikitty dont fall for yossi...you should fall for ayaya!!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 03:39:11 PM by ~happyxcharmy~ »

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 04:14:31 PM »
LMAO XD It's pretty funny that Yossy gets lost in her own school. And I can't help but think the YossyxRikaxAyaya combi is...different. But awesome nonetheless! :thumbsup Maichin.... :rofl: I totally think that girl on the bus with the nice hair is Miki too. :w00t:
This is pretty fun, and btw, I used to LOVE A Series of Unfortunate Events. :lol:

Offline Saikami

• W O N K Y F I E D
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • TEAM AIBUTT
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 06:51:10 PM »
My, my, what do we have here~?

Interesting thus far, YossixRikaxAyayaxMai is funny :lol: I also love how Yossi is the delivery girl (she hasn't given that package to Aya yet, has she?) I'm surprised Yossi doesn't have so many fangirls instead, 'cos she's so cool and all.

I'm also guessing the girl is Miki, because she has such nice hair~ :lol:

Update nao plzkthx
[All hail AiButt! Sig by Dinny!]

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 07:07:53 PM »
OMG it's gonna be YoMiki isn't it? Mai is so spacey...

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 01:01:06 AM »
Read this, and for some reason it sounds really, really, REALLY familiar to me. Can't shake the feeling that I've read it somewhere before.
:dunno:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Kreuz_Asakura

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • YOMIKI RULES!!! <3 <3 <3
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 01:34:37 AM »
^yeah, I got the same feeling too but don't remember where either XD

anyway, this is great! Is not very common to see Aya with Yossy's group of friends so this is refreshing (putting aside that I've read it before XD).
And I think the girl with the shorts it's Mikitty, besides the curly hair, she seems to know about trends and all and Mikitty is always mentioning trends in her blog

can wait for the next chapter :yossi:

Offline stefy

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 05:32:57 PM »
Comment replies~

@~happyxcharmy~ - Maybe it is... maybe it's not~ XD read moar to find out! neheez

@kuri~muchan - (I just keep making changes to your nickname heh) Yea the friendship is odd isn't it? I wonder how we ended up with that group :dunno:

@Sai - Yossi probably forgot about the package... and even if she HAD fangirls, she's probably too oblivious to notice XD

@rndmnwierd - Spacey Mai FTW~!!!!

@JFC - Hehe... you probably HAVE read it somewhere before... and even commented on somewhere too

@Kreuz - HOW CAN YOU NOT REMEMBER WHERE!  :on yellcard:

:bigdeal: Hoho... Miki seems to be a popular choice huh? BUT IT'S NOT MIKI!! MUAHAHAHA~!

Stefy: Well... let the chapter begin! 8)
Essy: *yawns*
Stefy: *points at Essy* She's brain dead right now... lousy old lady
Essy: Basket, I had work.
Stefy: Hey I had school~!
Essy: Ah, forget it.. Let's go.
Stefy: GOGOGO!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 2

[Loading]

She walked casually around the campus, her long wavy hair swaying from left to right with every step she took. The people she strutted past would pause to take a second glance at her, the guys especially all lustfully eyeing her petite figure, which had all the right curves in the right places; while girls simply looked on in envy or jealousy. Coming to a halt at a junction, the tiny brunette fumbled through the contents of her handbag in search of her phone. After finding it, she flipped open her phone and began dialing a familiar set of numbers with time-honored practice, tilting her head to one side and raising her hand up to bring the phone to her ear.

'Come on, pick up the phone. This is an emergency!'

"You're late, you know that!" hissed a female voice from the other end of the phone.

"Hi to you too! I just called to see if by any chance you might know where our class is?" The girl replied most cheerfully, imitating someone who was calling an information hotline for an enquiry.

"Again? This is like the fifth time you forgot where the damn class is."

"Yes, yes I know. Could you just tell me where it is now?"

"Fine, block 1 level 3 room number 8." She listened to her friend's directions while turning around and walking in the opposite direction.

"You just rolled your eyes at me didn't you? I know you did, I heard it."

"Whatever, just get your tiny butt here, it's the third class from the right after you get off the lift. Don't get lost like last time."

She gasped at the comment about her butt, "I can't believe you said that. Mine is not tiny, yours is flatter!" The girl retorted as she turned her head around to examine said body part.

"Whatever." The girl on the other end of the line snorted. "Just get down here before the class ends."

"Okay, I'm on my way there now. Thanks darling~" She vaguely heard her friend whisper back angrily at her saying 'Don't call me that!' as she pulled her phone away from her ear. Giggling, she trotted towards her new destination as she flipped her phone close and chucked it back into her bag.

A long hour passed and drowsiness seemed to have kicked into Yossi's mind. Turning her head, she found Rika busy scribbling down various things that the teacher had been reciting to the class. One of their classmates, seated diagonally ahead of Rika, seemed to be trying his best to listen but he, like Yossi, had that vacant look in his eyes that proclaimed him to be in a partially zombified state. Aya, who was next to him, had already given into the temptation, her head pillowed by her arms on the table. Looking over behind Aya, she spotted one of her classmates' gaze running down Aya's back. Shrugging it off as a common occurence, she lost interest quickly and returned her attention back to something far more fascinating.

Her gaze inevitably fell back to Rika, eyes peering over her to see what she was writing. She had copied almost an exact replica of the diagram that was being shown on the screen, along with some random doodles at the corner of the page. Something within the various doodles that was spread around the page caught Yossi's attention. Her name was written on one of her corners, a 'Yocchan' with a little heart beside it and an ugly looking drawing of a face with short hair who looked like it was winking, with a diamond mark at the side of the eye that was closed.

"Is that..." Yossi whispered, pointing at Rika's book ".. supposed to be me?"

Rika took her eyes off the screen, looked at Yossi and smiled, "Un, kawaii right? Here draw me, draw me." She pushed her note book towards Yossi, knowing how much better the younger was at drawing compared to herself.

Yossi took her pen and drew two lines followed by an oval below it, adding two more lines inside the oval and a curve below it before finally scribbling down Rika's name beside the face. "Done." She said while grinning at the older girl.

"Hidoi!"

"What? You drew a lousy drawing of me, so it's only fair that I do the same right?"

Yossi looked on curiously at Rika who went back to scribbling down something in her note book, half expecting her to slap her in the arm or just give her an annoyed look. Thinking that Rika was angry with her, Yossi opened her mouth to apologize but closed it back again when she saw Rika turn to look at her with the same grin Yossi had just given her a moment ago. Looking down at the note book yet again, this time Yossi saw a new word above her name: 'baka.'

"Now, we're even." Rika said and started giggling.

Yossi looked back and forth between her friends. She faced Rika, "Mattsu, you're not having lunch with us?" Rika questioned while Yossi turned to Aya, awaiting a reply from the younger friend, "I have a Fashion Show to attend!" Aya answered cheerfully as she grinned, showing Rika a peace sign.

"What fashion show? How come you didn't tell me?" Yossi faced Rika who once again questioned the youngest member. "I told you guys last month didn't I?" Aya said while the other two bystanders nodded their heads in agreement.

"Wait, that event is today?" Yossi finally voiced out, looking enviously at Aya who nodded her head with a huge smile, showing everyone her excitement.

"Ok then... see you tomorrow."

"Bye" Both replied in unison. Mai saluted her while Aya reciprocrated the gesture with a slight nod before turning to leave.

Yossi began walking the opposite direction to the nearest canteen with Rika and Mai following closely beside her. They all walked in silence with the exception of Yossi who kept pushing Rika's arms away from hers, as the older kept constantly trying to wrap her arms around the reluctant looking girl's arm, just to tease her.

Suddenly turning to hide behind a wall, the girl with beautiful long wavy hair took a peek at what, or more like who, she thought she saw.

"What's wrong with you now?" A girl slightly taller then her asked with one eyebrow raised.

"She's in this school too." Mumbling with delight, mainly to herself, she smiled as she watched the androgynous blonde girl from a distance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

-Cue cheerful bgm-
Stefy: Ohalucky!
Essy: *yawns* Ohalucky... I feel like I'm plagarising...
Stefy: Hurry up say something productive... My back hurts already..
Essy: Who's the old lady now?
Stefy: -.- Ok ppl comment... I wanna go home now. COMMENT! Baibeee~
Essy: Ya ya let's go before we miss the bus home.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 06:19:59 AM by stefy »

Offline GoodEngrish

• ecchi
Re: A Series of Unfortunate Events [Now Showing: "Loading" 3/8/09]
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 07:52:39 PM »
Well this is pretty entertaining so far. And yay for collab fics  :)

Now I wonder who the girl with the wavy long hair is...

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2009, 05:25:23 AM »
Yossi's drawing of Rika = :lol:

K, since you said it's not Miki, I'm guessing the mystery girl is Maki. :D

Offline Kreuz_Asakura

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2009, 09:04:53 AM »
EEHHHHH?!!!! I think I know but I'm not sure :sweatdrop: some hints please. Does that site is still active? I'm thinking about two places but I'm not sure. I swear my memory will never save my life  XD
but I think I kind of remember the story and now that you said the girl is not Miki... is Takahashi right?

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2009, 10:23:31 PM »
Argh who da ef is the nameless girl?! My thought when you kept mentioning height was Mari, but that can't be right can it?

Offline strawb3rrykream

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2009, 05:34:57 AM »
Hmm, who could it be? This animal that I did see. Can you help me guess this mystery~~? (Sorry, it's a song from a show I used to watch when I was a kid LOL) OMG I have a guess though!!! IshiYoshi is so silly~~ :wub:

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2009, 04:48:02 PM »
Who's the mysterious girl? Is it Maki?  :?

Offline stefy

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2009, 05:16:52 PM »
Stefy: =3
Essy: >_> No comment reply and you still dare to make this kind of face...
Stefy: BATTERY LIFE T-19MINS AND COUNTING~! =3
Essy: Fine fine, let's just post and leave. I NEED TO CATCH MY BUS!
Stefy: LAST BUS T-1/2 HOURS AND COUNTING~! =3
Essy: ...You ah. -.-
Stefy: neheeez~ -.- ... HAJIME!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3

[Meet the Family]

"What was that little stunt all about anyway?"

"Hmm? What stunt?" A confused looking girl, her right cheek puffed up with food, looked up to stare at her friend.

Two girls sat at a table for two, having their lunch at a fancy restaurant. The waitresses serving them as well as the customers who sat near them all gave the pair odd, slightly annoyed glances. The girls did not dress to match the standard of the restaurant, well one of them did.  The slightly taller looking girl of the pair looked like she was probably working at some food stall down the street, whereas the other would have looked perfectly at home on a runway during a fashion show, regardless of the height disadvantage.

"That stunt where you, of all people, suddenly turned into someone's stalker and began following some girl around the school." Said the girl with dark framed glasses, dressed in a white shirt under a ragged looking denim overall as she scuffed at the floor with dark blue sneakers.

"I didn't stalk her! I was just walking in the same direction as she was."

"Uh huh... That, my friend, is called stalking. And since when did YOU stalk people? It has always been the other way round, or did those stalkers of yours rub off on you?"

"Forget that." With a wave of her hand, the pretty brunette ended the discussion and switched topics. "Don’t you find that girl extremely cute?"

"Here we go again... I have no idea what made you so interested in girls instead of guys. You have really got to stop that, you know. What will people think of you when they find out," She paused, lowering her voice as she lectured on, "...that you like girls?"   

"Gaki-chan, you can say it out loud you know. It's not that big a deal." The brunette leaned forward, resting her chin on her palm as she went on. "You still haven't answered my question though. What do you think? Aren't we compatible?"

One eager looking Takahashi Ai stared at her best friend with questioning eyes, waiting for some form of encouragement or assurance from the girl who was just a few months younger then her. Niigaki Risa stared blankly at her friend, trying to figure out how she was best friends with the girl sitting before her. But nevertheless, being the best friend she was supposed to be, she contemplated the situation presented before her.

"Um, well..." Risa said after a moment, shaking her head as she kept her gaze on her best friend. "The two of you come from totally different worlds. It totally wouldn't work out." Casually taking another bite of her food, Risa continued. "Besides I think she's a senpai,  so you'll probably have no chance of getting closer beyond your little stalking stunt."

Ai pouted ever so slightly before biting aggressively into a forkful of salmon. "I'll make sure she knows my name at the very least..." She mumbled under her breath, pushing away her half eaten food. "Wait how do you know she's a senpai?"

"Well for one thing, the people around her seem far more mature compared to us," she explained, holding a finger up to prevent any interruption. "And, they seem to know their way around the campus much better than you do...then again, most people know it better than you do." She mused aloud as Ai threw her an annoyed glance at the last comment, which she ignored with a certain degree of practice, continuing on. "Lastly, they dress too casually for campus, something only the seniors come to do...and something that people like you would never get into."

Ai gave a nod of agreement at the last statement, turning to look out the window and going into a daze. 'Senpai or not, it wouldn't stop me from making you mine.'

"Besides, it seems like a more difficult task since you have a rival." Risa added nonchalantly as she went on cutting her steak into small chunks.

Ai reverted her attention back to Risa, "What rival?"

"That girl beside her."

"There was a girl beside her?" Ai frowned, trying to recall if there had been someone else walking together with her mystery woman.

"You aren't very observant, are you? There were two girls beside your Miss Perfect, and one of them was latched onto her. I think there might be something going on between them. But then again, I might be wrong." Risa shrugged as she skewered another chunk of meat with her fork, gobbling it down before picking up another.

Ai, on the other hand, watched her friend eat piece after piece as if hypnotized by the action, before remembering to reply with a haughty sniff. "Well, I'm going to take it that you're wrong since I didn't find anything odd about tall-not-so-dark and cute with some other girl."

With that, Ai went back to watching the near-empty street, confidence brimming in her eyes. She was going to find out who this girl was, even if this girl had been the one who had made fun of her dressing in the bus with her friends. No one could stop Ai Takahashi from doing what she wanted to do, and neither could anyone prevent her from getting whatever she wanted.

The loud thud of something heavy crashing against the wooden floor drew the attention of a pint-sized girl sprawled bonelessly against the wall next to an open room. Looking up sharply, she glared at the taller girl who had thrown her bag on the floor and was now taking off her shoes at the doorway.

"What?" Yossi asked flatly when she caught the girl glaring fiercely at her. "Too much of a delinquent to even turn the corner into your own room to rest?" She paused, bending to pick up her bag as she continued on with a thoughtful look. "Then again, you've always been a Yankee at heart so I guess that's normal."

"I'm not a Yankee, you giant!" The younger girl shouted back indignantly, standing up raring for a fight with squared shoulders, only to earn a dismissive chuckle from the older. "I'm not that big, you're just tiny. Seventeen and still a chibi. How sad." Yossi sneered half-jokingly, causing the smaller girl to bare her teeth and growl even more fiercely at her.

The tension continued on for several moments before the younger girl screamed, "Mama!!! She's making fun of my size again!"

"Did you clean your room yet?" Came the reply as a surprisingly young-looking woman appeared at the head of the corridor.

Yossi looked down at the girl, then peered over the girl's head into said room. "You cleaned your room? You?"

"Yeah I did...what of it?" The small girl crossed her arms and looked away with a huff.

"Reina, don't be rude to your cousin." Her mother told her off abruptly, rapping her on the top of her head with one hand, making Reina wince and cringe back.

"Looks clean to me though. Good job." Yossi complimented offhandedly. Reina beamed delightedly at the praise, while her mother slipped past them and entered the room. At first sight, it was indeed impressively neat and tidy, clean enough to pass a cursory inspection. However, that facade was shattered the moment she opened the cabinet. There was a pause, then everything within flowed out and crashed onto the ground.

"Oops." Yossi murmured with amusement as Reina winced next to her, preparing to get a earful for simply moving all her mess into a different space instead.

"NAKAZAWA REINA!!" She bellowed at her daughter, turning onto the pathetically shrinking girl, who answered weakly. "Yes, Mom?"

"You call this cleaning?!" The woman looked ready to explode, but Yossi quickly intervened to prevent the disaster.

"Maa, no need to get so worked up over this, Aunt Yuko." Yossi slid in between a fuming Nakazawa Yuko and a pathetic-looking Nakazawa Reina, the tiny girl taking advantage of her size (or lack thereof) to take refuge behind her tall cousin.

"At least she made an effort..." Yossi tried to smooth the situation over as Reina peeped up from behind her back to nod vigorously at the statement.

Taking a deep breath, Yuko calmed down, although her expression said louder than words that she wasn't simply going to let it go without consequences. A smirk crept onto her lips as she walked towards the girls.

"Are you hungry? You must have had a long day in school." Yuko was soliticious towards her niece, completely leaving Reina aside for the moment. Yossi shrugged.

"Wasn't so bad." Yuko nodded, still half-smiling while ignoring her daughter, who was beginning to pout. Directing them out of the once again messy room, Yuko commented coolly.

"Dinner will be ready in half an hour, so go get washed up before that." Finally sparing a glance at her now pouting daughter, Yuko narrowed her eyes slightly.

"You, on the other hand, better get your room cleaned up by dinner time, or no dinner for you."

Reina sulked slightly, slouching as she turned back to her room, thinking.

Hmph, as if I care about dinner...I can always ask Sayu to save me some of her dinner and sneak over next door later...

Reina smirked triumphantly to herself as she made backup plans for her dinner. Yuko led Yossi down the hallway to the girl's room, informing her niece of the night's menu nonchalantly.

"By the way, we're having yakiniku for dinner."

Reina ran back out into the hallway with excited eyes. "Yakiniku?" She asked breathlessly.

"Only after you clean your room." Yuko smirked. "Don't be too long about it, there might not be any left for you if you take too long~"

"Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Stefy: YEAAAAAa-

-battery dies-

Offline strawb3rrykream

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
Re: A Series of Unfortunate Events [Now Showing: "Meet the Family" 18/8/09]
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2009, 06:31:18 PM »
AHA!!! I knew Ai-chan had to be involved somehow! XD It wouldn't involve Essy if it didn't involve Ai-chan~ :P Risa and her excellent vision are just too good. :3 When you said Yossy's cousin was chibi, I totally thought it was Mari. XD But I'm glad it's not, because Reina being Yuko's daughter just fits better. :grin:

Offline Saikami

• W O N K Y F I E D
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • TEAM AIBUTT
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2009, 07:01:34 PM »
Nakazawa Reina FTW! :rockon:

I knew Yuko had a kid at a young age '_' and Reina's the perfect spawn. :lol: This is awesome. <3 And Yossi is the cousin, I wanna be apart of this family! wait...no I don't, because that would just put a damper on certain plans... :sweatdrop:

The girl is Aichan!? I can kinda see it though, with all that little logic concert stuff me and you (Essy) talked about that one time. XD
[All hail AiButt! Sig by Dinny!]

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2009, 11:09:04 PM »
The girl is Ai! And Reina's mom is Yuko! And Yossi's her cousin! This story is crackalicious, I love it.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2009, 05:01:23 AM »
Heh...so it's Aichan.

WTF IT'S AICHAN??????  :o :mon spit: :OMG: :shocked

Oh, and epic LULZ at Yuko-Reina-Yossi being related. XD

Offline Kreuz_Asakura

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2009, 09:58:01 AM »
yay! I was right! The girl was Ai :cow: but then I don't remember the part about Yuko-Yossy-Reina XD that's new, right?

anyways, I laughed a lot in the last part, Reinana as Yossy's cousin and Yuko's daugther is AWESOME  :twothumbs

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Nananine - `79ers