JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Erika - Free

Author Topic: The T & C thread  (Read 44020 times)

Offline tiny

• bananasama
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The T & C thread
« Reply #120 on: May 06, 2009, 12:31:24 PM »
T&C Bomber is going to perform again!

Quote from: TokyoGraph
T&C Bomber launching two memorial concerts

Hello! Project unit Taiyo to Ciscomoon, also known by the name T&C Bomber, has officially announced two memorial concerts, scheduled for later this year. The four-girl group made their debut ten years ago in 1999, though they broke up in 2000 after releasing eight singles and two albums.

Since last year, even before the release of their "Mega Best" collection in December, the group's members had been talking with their former management agency about the possibility of a reunion concert as a 10th anniversary memorial. However, the company's response was negative, so the girls began a petition through their official blog that started last year. With the support of their fans, they collected roughly 2,200 signatures as of April 30, ultimately earning their agency's approval for the shows.

It has now been revealed that there will be two concerts. The first is on September 26 in Osaka, and the second is on October 4 in Tokyo. General ticket sales are scheduled to start on August 1, though information about advance orders is available on their blog.

It is being said that their "reunion" is limited to these two dates, so there are currently no plans for later concerts.

Source: http://www.tokyograph.com/news/id-4752

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #121 on: May 07, 2009, 03:48:57 AM »
Oh it would be so awesome if RuRu could be there! :yep:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #122 on: August 07, 2009, 03:00:13 AM »
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #123 on: August 07, 2009, 03:21:46 AM »
^
That was a cool corner they did in the early days of H!M. When they were able to get all the H!P girls to do that dance, it was like All For One & One For All...only more kickass. :D

And major LULZ at Yuko going "MURIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII~!" at the end. XD

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #124 on: January 04, 2010, 04:59:47 PM »

Fill in the survey!

My T & C story:
Favourite T & C member:
Favourite T & C song:
Favourite T & C PV:
Favourite T & C album:
A memorable performance:
A picture that I like:
Other comments:

Offline Mucca

• Go! Amazon Goddess!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #125 on: January 04, 2010, 07:40:28 PM »
My T & C story: I never really liked them until they reunited last year and had their shared blog. After finding out they were a bunch of goofy drunks, I started to like them more.
Favourite T & C member: Miwa Kominato or Miho Shinoda
Favourite T & C song: Probably "Tsuki to Taiyou"
Favourite T & C PV: Gatamekira

Favourite T & C album: I don't own any, so I dunno.
A memorable performance:
月と太陽/太陽とシスコムーン -LIVE-
A picture that I like:

Other comments: Having them reform made me hope that other graduated H!P girls could get back together and sing under similar circumstances.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #126 on: January 05, 2010, 06:33:38 PM »
My T & C story: It's the group that I was always meant to check out cuz I heard they had nice shows and were talented, but never really did lol
Favourite T & C member: Well I have to say Atsuko because I know her best, but I remember the rest being kinda amusing as well (from old H!P shows)
Favourite T & C song: ENDLESS LOVE ~I Love You More~
Other comments: I think it's pretty damn cool that they reformed after all these years :lol:
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Setalia

• The Pun Idol
  • Member+
  • Formerly: Charmy, Risuzu
« Reply #127 on: January 05, 2010, 07:02:24 PM »

My T & C story: One day while browsing random H!P pictures, I came across one showing Ayaka, Mari, and some woman I didn't know. I asked someone (Shi, I think) who she was, and she told me it was Atsuko Inaba. I started noticing her more, and she soon became my favorite. Then I discovered she was once a part of this group, so I tried their music, and enjoyed it. I like Inaba.
Favourite T & C member: I like Inaba.
Favourite T & C song: Marui Taiyo ~winter version~. Because I like Inaba.
Favourite T & C PV: Same as favorite song. I like the transitioning and Inaba is always in the center while the other two (Kominato was away for this single) alternate sides. And I like Inaba.
Favourite T & C album: Mega Best.
A memorable performance: Anything featuring Inabafro.
A picture that I like: Inaba is friend, not food! :lol:

Other comments: I like Inaba!

Love&Peace

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #128 on: January 05, 2010, 08:10:13 PM »

Like I said in the Ayaya thread, Uchuu is one of my all time favourite H!P songs :yep:

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #129 on: January 07, 2010, 05:06:05 AM »
My T & C story: Loved their funky tunes, great music. I didn't know much of their members at all before they vanished. Some of the best music in H!P at the time. RuRu :fap chinese members in H!P before Linlin and Jun Jun! :china:
Favourite T & C member: RuRu soooooo sexalicious
Favourite T & C song: DON'T STOP 恋愛中, reminds me of what girls scream when I'm sexing em

Favourite T & C PV: awesome indian beat and makes my head spin

Favourite T & C album: Taiyo & Ciscomoon 1 - all the hits baby!
A memorable performance: pink outfits

A picture that I like: get with the future!

Other comments: Hope to see this thread thrive with this talk of T&C getting back together. WTF! Grad members need loving too.

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #130 on: January 11, 2010, 04:04:27 AM »
My T & C story: I don't know much about this group, other than them being from the early years of H!P and not lasting very long. But one day I stumbled upon a video of Ai-chan and Reina singing this awesome sounding R&B-style song at a concert, and when I looked up the title, lo and behond, it's actually a super old song by Taiyo & Ciscomoon. I checked them out and the rest of their work, while good, didn't quite click the same way for me, but hey, that one song is one hell of a way to remember them by.
Favourite T & C song: Everyday Everywhere
Favourite T & C PV: Even the video for the song is pretty cool (though kinda trippy at the same time)...

A picture that I like:

Other comments: I drive a Honda that goes "ruRRRUUUUUUU" when I push the RPMs past 5600. :P Sorry, I just had to say it.

To make up for that stupid joke, here's Miho Shinoda at the 1988 Olympics...
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline Mattthecat

• Licensed Nailpolish Caddy for Matsuura Aya
  • Member+
« Reply #131 on: March 09, 2012, 12:05:49 AM »
In another collaboration subbing units MSP and HP Oldschool have just released Taiyo to Ciscomoon's final concert  :inlove:

I let my partner denadel do the talking as it was his project really:

Bringing you old school glory here!

Regarding this release, my thoughts are kinda all over the place regarding this group, one of my favorites.
It probably reflects in the comments here, so bear with me :)

Taiyou to Ciscomoon was a really interesting, but short-lived group, under Hello! Project.
I feel Tsunku was at his most creative producing music and writing lyrics for Taiyou to CIscomoon. It's as if he unleashed all his powers and created wonderful music with meaningful lyrics (as meaningful as pop can be I guess).
I guess what I am trying to say is that I feel the lyrics are honest, genuine and real. If I was to try to describe their sound, I guess I'd have to say it is organic pop music with Rnb rhythms, and a strong late 90's feel to it (kinda like some of the beats in Utada's debut album (not comparing this group to Utada though, don't get me wrong)). The sound is so heavy rooted in the
90's, with the Rnb beats blended with pure pop joy.

Back then, when H!P was relatively new (1998), UFA were curageous enough to do new stuff, try out interesting things and projects that might seem risky (like Country Musume, Sheki-dol etc)
They were constantly adding new members to their umbrella, having auditions, creating groups and so on.

The history of Taiyou to Ciscomoon is interesting. They were heavily marketed, promoted and pushed when they debuted with their single "Tsuki to Taiyou". With the release of their debut single, it was also announced they'd go on a single spree, releasing 4 singles in 4 months followed by their debut album.

Tsunku had a solid idea for how he wanted the group to be. He said on Asayan (a tv show) that:
"For this time around, we are looking for girls with special talents who have enough experiences.
To give you some examples, someone who can dance well, someone who has learned Minyo-style singing professionally,
someone who is striving to become talented singers like Whitney Houston and Celine Dion.”

So why was their lifespan so short?
They lasted 1,5 years from start to finish. Single sales declined rapidly, maybe this wasn't the sound Japanese fans was after? The rest of H!P's rooster became much more poppier and dancier, wasn't this something they could have changed?
Or maybe it has to do with the look of idols? Maybe the group wasn't "idol" enough, or the sound not fresh enough?
Were the lyrics to lewd? Not innocent and cute enough, but told of girls with life experience?
Was it Kominato's fault? She left the group and they continued on as a trio.

After the release of one single, Kominato returned and the group got a name change (none of the members of the group really know why. It was a company decision).
Was the name change a way of trying to refresh their image?

They released two more singles, before their disbandenment was announced. They released their final album and went on a farewell tour before disbanding.

They all left the agency with the exception of Inaba Atsuko. There were actually plans to create a new group with her as the front girl.
A new audition was announced, called "Inaba Atsuko Atarashii Unit Audition" ("Inaba Atsuko New Unit Audition").
This ran from December 2000 up until May 2001, but the audition was unsuccesful and a new unit featuring Inaba was shelved.

I like them because they're funny, real and geuniune, and are being themselves!

I owe a BIG thank you to Himalia (for getting me the dvd), Kako (for taking the time translating the dvd) and to Mattthecat for encoding and subtitling all the talk parts and a few of the songs!
I hope new and old fans will enjoy this!

I experienced a lot of joy working on this project. Mainly because of the threesome's spirit (RuRu living in China as a teacher and unable to make it). And their energy and wit. And emotion. This is a concert that made me dance, laugh and cry.
As my friend denadel said: They're genuine. Maybe that's why they didn't fit in...

You can find it on the HO tracker or at the Matsuurian Archives (http://matsuurian.com/rsaya/ayaya.htm). For a limited time it is available there as download from minus.com (for those who don't have a rapidshare account and don't feel like spending two days on a download)

« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 05:30:44 PM by Mattthecat »

Offline Mattthecat

• Licensed Nailpolish Caddy for Matsuura Aya
  • Member+
« Reply #132 on: March 18, 2012, 08:23:09 PM »
I might wanna add that denadel is in the process of subbing all of their PVs. Several have already been out on the HO tracker. He has found the last missing two, so the collection should be complete in a week or so

Oh btw the password for the concert files in the archives is: Matsuurian
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 09:03:59 PM by Mattthecat »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #134 on: January 04, 2015, 10:28:08 PM »
Only realized that I had posted this in the wrong thread when I was making a new post in that other thread. :nervous

WotaInTranslation - The awesomeness that was Taiyou to Ciscomoon
- http://wotaintranslation.com/2014/07/04/the-awesomeness-that-was-taiyou-to-ciscomoon/

:cow:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #135 on: July 26, 2015, 06:57:06 PM »
They had a fan event recently (from the quality of the video, I'm guessing it may have been broadcast online). But most importantly, RuRu was able to be there!! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

20150719 最初で最後じゃなかった 太陽とシスコムーン トークライブ~やっぱり4人で~1/2

20150719 最初で最後じゃなかった 太陽とシスコムーン トークライブ~やっぱり4人で~2/2

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Erika - Free