JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Smap - gift

Author Topic: The Final Fantasy Thread  (Read 296329 times)

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
Re: The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #1320 on: June 16, 2013, 03:23:25 PM »

Info on LR:FF13 from E3

• A video was shown detailing how Lightning’s model for Lightning Returns was built from scratch. They used 18 textures for her model, and it was compared next to her XIII model. In general, her LR model looks noticeably better than before. They also said that unlike in XIII and XIII-2, the same model will be used for both in-game and cutscene events. They showed some new outfits and decorations as well.
  • For Lightning Returns, they want to depict Lightning’s human side even more through her emotional struggles.
  • The Lightning saga was expanded to a trilogy because it was part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis mythos which was huge.
  • In terms of gameplay, there are 13 days left in the world but you start the game with only 7 days left. You can then extend the time through completing quests.
  • There will be around 80-100 outfits available for Lightning in-game. They are fully customizable, including the colors. Create your own Lightning.
  • Previous outfits for Lightning from XIII and XIII-2 will be available if you have save datas from both games.
  • There are no eidolons this time around because of Etro’s death.
  • In terms of DLC content, they’re not thinking on extra episodes/bosses. They want the game to be 100% complete when you buy it. DLC outfits are in consideration if there’s a big demand. No DLCs after launch.
  • Lightning was shown in Yuna’s outfit. They didn’t confirm if it will be available in-game or through DLC.
cr: lightning returns news

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1321 on: July 05, 2013, 10:07:54 PM »
13 mins of gameplay footage from Lightning Returns. Includes a cameo appearance at the end that might spoil the game for you so don't avoid that if you can. It looks alright! Combat looks like a Tales game more than anything, considering you have to actively press buttons for different skills, block etc

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1322 on: July 06, 2013, 01:29:45 PM »
This cameo was already spoiled for me with the newest trailer.

I really have to stop watching and reading anything LR related as of now.

Offline GhostHunter

• ecchi
« Reply #1323 on: July 09, 2013, 07:59:57 PM »
^ Love this

Offline +u+u

• Member+
« Reply #1324 on: August 04, 2013, 10:22:52 AM »
^
^
I hadn't seen that trailer and OMG SHE COMES BACK!  :panic:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1325 on: August 13, 2013, 06:54:04 AM »
Now we know, what if it was a real, life-sized weapon.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline scratchdnote5

• Collars
  • ecchi
  • Writer's block forever.
« Reply #1326 on: August 13, 2013, 06:19:26 PM »
^ Oh jeez, it would've been intense if they built the multi-sword version of the Buster Sword. That would be mad skill and mad weight o_o 75-80lbs as is... whoa...

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1327 on: August 13, 2013, 09:44:10 PM »
Love how the weight of the sword cuts the watermelon and the wooden table :lol:

My 7 year old nephew's really into FF6 right now after I let him borrow it. I help him out now and then with the mechanics and certain story elements, but he has a good grasp on the game! From the few bits I've played helping him out, it reminds me what a great game it was. Makes me want to play it myself but I'll have to wrestle him back for my copy most likely!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1328 on: August 27, 2013, 11:32:45 PM »
Got to feel bad for the development team of FFXIV now. Games just been rereleased when it's just been beset by login issues, server queues and people just not being able to actually play the game. It reportedly moved the producer to tears.. Though apparently, from the people that have played the game, it is actually very very good. Kudos to those guys for taking a bad game and turning it round into what sounds like a very good one. Would like to give it a try, but the subscription model is putting me off the game considering I have plenty of other games right now and just can't find the time at the minute to dedicate myself to an MMO and not being able to justify the extended subscription fees. Still, it's a pretty looking one.

What I want, more than anything, is for them to do an HD update of FFXII. Do that and I'll gladly hand over money to be able to play that again. Here's hoping sales of FFX/X-2 will be good and encourage them.

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #1329 on: August 28, 2013, 01:44:52 AM »
FFXIV wasn't a bad game, it just didn't perform that well.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1330 on: September 11, 2013, 08:45:10 PM »
So remember Final Fantasy Agito? The PSP game released in Japan only and critically acclaimed for being a great game? The one that people here in the West have been clamouring for months now, if not years? Well Square Enix announced that it is coming after all!

For iOS and Android....

...As a free to play game (with microtransactions to buy energy just so you can play the game)

...Released bit by bit.

Fuck you Square. A Vita download would have been the preferred option, instead you went for the option that nobody asked for. You call it an 'alternative method' of playing the game, but you can't call it alternate if it's the only method available! Pretty bummed out about this announcement. Hoping they go for a Vita download at some point anyway.

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1331 on: September 12, 2013, 11:08:44 PM »
^ I*ve read this news on several different sites today, but I still don't quite get it.
As I understand it, this is not the game that used to be Agito then turned Type-0 (the PSP game everyboday wants) BUT a different game only based on Type-0/the world of Type-0 that they slapped the name Agito on.

I could be wrong though...

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #1332 on: September 30, 2013, 02:02:36 AM »
If anyone is curious there is a small faction of HiPsters that play on Excalibur. I'm not sure what the new account situation is at the moment or if you can even make new characters yet but, if you can, and you've been looking for people to play with, we'll be waiting for you nerds.

sig not by Stryfe... but I don't have the heart to remove the shout-out

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1333 on: October 31, 2013, 06:13:47 AM »

He's got several more vids from the FF series on his YouTube channel, if anyone was interested:
- http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothMcGroove/search?query=Final+Fantasy
:thumbsup

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1334 on: January 20, 2014, 07:11:34 AM »
Now we know, what if it was a real, life-sized weapon.

Every hero needs a villain. :)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1335 on: January 20, 2014, 09:25:20 PM »
Square Enix officially released FFVI for Android devices now. Except not as you remember it.

It's all down to personal taste, but I think the new art looks preeeeeeety bad.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1336 on: March 02, 2014, 10:35:32 PM »
Anybody playing Lightning Returns? I know tutu is. I was interested in it for a little bit before it came out. Say what you will about SE but they do change up their games at least to make it slightly different from the previous game. The Majora's Mask esque time limit concept of this game sounded interesting. I was watching a video too and the combat looked similar too XIII and XIII-2 but that's not a bad thing considering I enjoyed playing it. But as I was watching it I couldn't help but feel there was something holding me back from wanting to buy it.

Then the turn came. The battle was over and in the JRPG standard trope of making a small celebratory gesture that the battle was over, Lightning touched the crystal on her chest and simply said

"Destiny is destiny."

It hit me like a ton of bricks. I suddenly realised why I wasn't interested. I just simply couldn't go through the corny dialogue and convoluted nonsense that is the setting of XIII all over again. XIII was bad enough, XIII-2 got worse with the time travel stuff. I kind of lost interest in the story of XIII-2 over time but there was one specific point where it just tipped over the edge for me as I rolled my eyes, audibly groaned and just didn't care about it anymore. It was at one point where Serah in her enthusiastic cheer said

"We must fight to protect the history of the future."

Please SE, please move on from XIII. The world is the worst kind of dumb and Lightning has to be the worst FF protagonist. Two Best Friends Play said it best, if the narrative concept of Lightning Returns is that even the God of that universe hates it and wants to destroy everything and create a clean slate, then there's problems with the story :lol:. By saying "Destiny is destiny" it sums up XII as a whole. Redundant.

It has me worrying if XV will turn out the same way? I mean, it can have a great combat system like XIII did, but that by itself wasn't enough to make it a really great game. I was wondering if XV had any mystical, magical, time travel crap that happens for absolutely no explanation whatsoever too and then I remembered the moment where two guys are having a stand off with multiple spinning magic swords behind them. But I will take it if at the very least there are better characters with better writing. Don't think I can stand that level of redundant pretentiousness like I got from XIII all over again.

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #1337 on: March 22, 2014, 12:33:39 AM »

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1338 on: June 11, 2014, 07:30:38 AM »
Sony and SE announced Final Fantasy Type-0 HD for Ps4 and Xbox One!!!

HOLY SHIT!!!

(all the people that worked so hard on the JUST finished Fantranslationpatch must feel like shit right now)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1339 on: June 11, 2014, 08:40:37 PM »
^ It's really unfortunate timing that's for sure. But they've put in hard work and I think people will appreciate it. Besides, I'm sure there are people who want to play it on PSP and they can only really do that with the patch. Respect to those translators though, that's great of them to do.

Really excited to see and finally get to play Type 0 now. I hope the HD upscale looks good on the new consoles....I heard Agito is also coming over here too.

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Smap - gift