JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ishikawa Rika - BE HAPPY! Koi no Yajirobee feat. Ayumi Shibata

Author Topic: War... War never changes. (The official Fallout thread)  (Read 44601 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: War... War never changes. (The official Fallout thread)
« Reply #100 on: June 19, 2013, 12:09:17 AM »
Thinking of it now Shi, what did you think of the actual "ending" to Fallout 3? Like how they wrapped up the story? Because in my opinion, it was not only the worst thing about Fallout 3 but the worst game ending I've seen.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #101 on: June 19, 2013, 08:28:35 AM »
It was HORRIBLE!! It was so bad I was ready to buy the DLC to at least get continuation after it (and then found out I already have it). It's the reason why I've been running around the wasteland like crazy the past few days even if I "finished" the game a while ago - just because I'm glad I can and was able to avoid the absolute end :( It was definitely the feeling of "wait.... that's IT?! What the fuck?!" and then the feeling of "there HAS to be some way to avoid this!!" :P
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #102 on: June 19, 2013, 09:49:44 PM »
Right?! See the thing is, when I completed it...

I had Fawkes with me. And in this moment of intelligence, I thought "Oh yes! He's a super mutant, they're totally fine in radiation! That way he can enter the code and nobody has to die!" And they even had that option in there so I thought that must be a way to get the really good ending. But no. Pick that option and Fawkes tells you that he doesn't' want to, because it is your "destiny" to go into that chamber. What a load of shit. And this was before the Broken Steel DLC so when you beat the story, you beat the game. You can't go back.

In a way, the Broken Steel DLC actually made it worse. I've seen the opening and after asking Fawkes to  go in his dialogue was changed to say "Ah! Of course! That makes sense!" YES IT DOES MAKE SENSE YOU FUCKING IDIOTS. They completely retconned the ending in that regard and worse yet, there's a narration piece by Ron Perlman at the end of it and if you chose for Fawkes to go in, the game practically calls you a pussy. "The hero, refused to go in...giving the task of sacrifice, the noblest task, to a true hero." Oh yeh I refused to go in because I WAS SMARTER THAN THAT, TAKING A PATH THAT MEANT THAT NOBODY HAD TO DIE.

It isn't a matter of killing yourself in a radioactive chamber being your destiny. That's bullshit. When you're touting your game for offering the player a choice into how events unfold based on their decisions, you can't turn around and chastise them for making the one choice that makes sense, basically making you feel like you've done wrong just because you didn't want to commit suicide. Bethesda was straight up telling you how they wanted you to finish the game. It seems like they were pissed off that people called them out on the Fawkes option.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #103 on: June 19, 2013, 10:01:25 PM »
Yeah man, I had the EXACT SAME situation, had Fawkes with me. Had a save tho, got the DLC activated, and suddenly the ending changed, such a face palming moment. :P

And man, game developers can have such big egos. Thisiswhywecanthavenicethings.jpg

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #104 on: June 20, 2013, 08:14:47 AM »
Huh, I thought the whole ending sequence/march with Liberty Prime was cool as heck. I don't remember having that much of a problem with the wrap up. None of the Fallout games had post-game play, it's kind of a tradition as far as I know. It was the same with New Vegas.

I suppose they could have had Fawkes/Charon rendered unconscious or something. I didn't have followers first play through without the DLC but there was already such a massive suspension of disbelief and dozens of other instances of ridiculousness throughout the game that I would probably ride with it. :lol:

It's at least better than Skyrim, Oblivion, KOTOR 2, the Fable Games, Minecraft :doh:

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #105 on: June 20, 2013, 09:58:47 AM »
Huh, I thought the whole ending sequence/march with Liberty Prime was cool as heck.
That part was cool yeah! Ha ha.

I guess it just feels weird to have an otherwise such an open world, but then somehow at the end having no option - no  matter if you chose to be good or bad, you still end up the same way basically.

And thanks for the NV warning, I had this game installed now so I guess I'll know to do as many sidequests as possible before going too far with the main storyline :P

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #106 on: June 28, 2014, 10:32:25 AM »
Hi! I recently watched a no-kill playthrough of Fallout NV :3 Check out Many A True Nerd on youtube; dude has a good sense of humour and is mature enough not to make rape jokes, really a pleasure to watch. Anyway, I've got quite far in NV but I think I 'broke' the main storyline because I was working for Mr. House but then got sick of his bs and killed him instead. Not as a quest, because I felt like it. And somehow I had failed to proceed with NCR the way I would have liked to.  So I have no idea where to proceed with that character.

So I decided to start a new game with a new character, but make gameplay a bit more challenging/strange!

This is Medawg. Intelligence 2 (I now wish I had put 1 :( her dialogue isn't as extreme as I would like), she shall be using melee and explosives only and be a bit of a tart if given a chance :heart: She's a bit nuts.

While she has a very practical crush everything approach to things, she is very polite and among other things, likes to clean up after herself:

Good times. Medawg - defender of the weak, generally speaking.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #107 on: June 03, 2015, 04:05:21 PM »

Offline etranger01

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • alpha to omega & lambda for mame
« Reply #108 on: June 03, 2015, 09:08:14 PM »
^yesses! looks awesome! i hope they get the graphics engine up-to-date, but the trailer looks fantastic. i'm just not sure about the boston setting...
fingers crossed that fall out 4 will be good!
もし、モーニング娘。がいなかったら、私達はいったい誰のファンだったのだろう。
もし、モーニング娘。がいなかったら、私達はいったい誰の曲を口ずさんでいたのだろう。

藤代冥砂

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #109 on: June 04, 2015, 08:06:29 PM »
It kinda looks like a souped up version of the Skyrim engine, but I'm not complaining about that in the slightest as it still looks good to me. Surprised to see so much colour! Besides, if you're a graphics nerd, you're gonna play it on PC anyways because mods will certainly change and even improve on it. I mean look at how some of the mods for Skyrim have really improved how good that game looks so there's that to look forward to for Fallout 4. Glad to see it's announced!

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #110 on: June 04, 2015, 08:52:29 PM »
At least they're avoiding any "downgrade" nonsense by releasing a somewhat subpar looking trailer right before E3.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #111 on: June 04, 2015, 11:25:48 PM »
There's every potential that it still will be downgraded should that happen. What you see at initial trailers like this can change over time, particularly with a massive open world like Fallout where lots of systems and potential technical issues must be taken into account. Probably better to assume that from now on, everything could have the potential to get "downgraded" and approach things with lesser expectations!

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #112 on: June 05, 2015, 12:05:19 AM »
Beautifulest women of all time 1.)Kim Sohee 2.)Minatozaki Sana 3.)Myoui Mina 4.)Fukumura Mizuki 5.)Uemura Akari 6.)Yabuki Nako 7.)Oguri Yui 8.)Nashiko Momotsuki 9.)Na-yeon 10.)Ikuta Eripon

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #113 on: June 15, 2015, 11:55:58 AM »

Atom bomb baby, little atom bomb, I want her in my wigwam~

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #114 on: July 15, 2015, 11:48:36 PM »
I've been replaying Fallout 3 GOTY, & using Mod Organizer for mods
However everyone knows you can't maximize Fallout 3.exe after alt-tab unless you use the "Fake Fullscreen" mod

Anybody ever got Mod Organizer to run Fallout_Fullscreen instead of Fallout3.exe?
Beautifulest women of all time 1.)Kim Sohee 2.)Minatozaki Sana 3.)Myoui Mina 4.)Fukumura Mizuki 5.)Uemura Akari 6.)Yabuki Nako 7.)Oguri Yui 8.)Nashiko Momotsuki 9.)Na-yeon 10.)Ikuta Eripon

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #115 on: July 23, 2015, 11:47:19 PM »
They announced the Fallout Anthology for the PC. Every Fallout game, in a mini nuke case for $50. Not a bad price considering what you're getting. It's out in September 29 for NA, October 1 in Australia and October 2 for Europe.

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #116 on: July 24, 2015, 04:11:11 AM »
It's cool, but judging by the prices on GoG and Stream sales, it's still $30 for the box.

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #117 on: July 25, 2015, 09:51:13 AM »
So according to Quakecon, Codsworth, the Mr Handy's voice actor had recorded over 1,000 names he can address the player, including Mr. McFly, &....Mr. Fuck Face.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #118 on: November 11, 2015, 08:11:44 AM »
Fallout 4 gets! (Yesterday)

Here's my character - let's be real, I haven't played that much more so far:

At first I wanted to make an East Asian looking Lucy because that's who my first Commander Shepard was, but then I didn't like any of the eye options for that. These eyes reminded me of Kalinda (Archie Panjabi) from The Good Wife so I was like yaaasss I'm taking these eyes, and also gave her the Kalinda ponytail, but didn't model her after her otherwise (my Lucy's skintone is darker, too).

Anyway she looks derpier in the world, but at the creation screen I was just going like "omg ur so hot", as you do...

Also neat that the babby actually also has a darker skintone after mama.

Oh and I was worried I'd have to play on low settings, but the game detected and gave me medium instead, so hurrah 8) Of course, might still have to tweak... But you know... It's a lot prettier than FO3. Haha. I know because I've been staring at FO3 a LOT recently.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #119 on: November 13, 2015, 12:29:34 AM »
Looking forward to hearing your adventures Shi! I know Santa is getting me this for Christmas so I'm holding off on looking at stuff until I get it. Seems like more of Fallout 3 and as someone who hasn't played a Fallout game since 3 came out, I'm ok with that. Hopefully some patches for the console versions will fix some of the issues that's been reported. Would really like Bethesda to use a new engine but when the games sell well regardless it doesn't really give them an incentive to change it. :(

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ishikawa Rika - BE HAPPY! Koi no Yajirobee feat. Ayumi Shibata