JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Double - You Got To feat. S-WORD

Author Topic: Anybody else playing Okami?  (Read 7881 times)

Offline Marco Malvado

• Kagotaku
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Grrrrrr...
Anybody else playing Okami?
« on: October 17, 2006, 08:09:01 AM »
I'm playing Okami right now and loving it. I can see why all the reviewers were falling all over themselves to praise this game. If you have a PS2 and haven't picked up a copy yet, I highly recommend it -- especially if you have any love for Nihongo culture.

Anybody else here playing it/played it? I'd love to hear what you think.

Here's a link to the review on Gamespot (including a video review) if you're interested.
-=Marco=-

Offline fudog

• Member+
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 02:00:01 PM »
i thought this game won't come out til december 06?

Offline Mayo

• 真夜中
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 03:48:11 PM »
Nope. It's been out for a while now.

I've wanted this game ever since I've heard of it months ago, but I think I'm going to wait and try to ask for it for Christmas.

ava by PlusQ (over at mm-bbs); ueda sig by Pinkosa | #1 drifoy, Tanaka Reina, and Murakami Megumi fangirl

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 05:00:29 PM »
i've only played the demo - i didn't play for very long, but it seemed pretty awesome

Offline Shinora

• konkonism: the path to enlightenment
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 12:55:13 AM »
played it, loved it, highly recommended for everyone.  this game has the ability to actually make u feel sorry for certain characters in the game (not many games can do that).  even though its unlikely, i do hope they'll create a sequel for the game.
[
For us Konno fans, logic and evidence can't explain why we love her, or why every day is Konno Day. - Slack

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 06:32:59 AM »
This games seems awesome!!!

I might have to get it...

Offline fudog

• Member+
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2006, 04:57:57 AM »
so what is the story of the game?

Offline BX_LeMans

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2006, 02:25:37 PM »
Have no PS2 :cry: :cry:

Is there a PC version too?

Read in the News, Capcom closes Clover, the developer of Okami.
I'm not the signature, I'm just cleaning here.

Offline aimaime

• Ai T's Iced Tea
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Gakky^^
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2006, 05:57:37 PM »
i just finished the game. omg there are so many things to do that it's so hard to stop playing once you start. i thought it's just a short game but it's now over 40 hours and i still havent completed some of the really hidden sidequests.. great game..

anyone know how to break one of those really hard rocks/crystals in order to reach some treasure chests? i have no idea how to get that ability..

sangatsu7 - movies, music, variety shows, japan, aichan, rants, etc..

Pepto Bismol

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2006, 06:22:38 PM »
I want to play it

Offline Shinora

• konkonism: the path to enlightenment
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2006, 06:55:21 PM »
Quote from: aimaime;223174
i just finished the game. omg there are so many things to do that it's so hard to stop playing once you start. i thought it's just a short game but it's now over 40 hours and i still havent completed some of the really hidden sidequests.. great game..

anyone know how to break one of those really hard rocks/crystals in order to reach some treasure chests? i have no idea how to get that ability..

theres places where u can dig a hole and be dropped down into certain areas, in those areas, theres a fountain, donate the maximum amount possible 3 times and u'll get lvl2/3 of the original ability.  sry if my explaination is a bit vague, just woke up =D
[
For us Konno fans, logic and evidence can't explain why we love her, or why every day is Konno Day. - Slack

Offline Rakko

• Dr. OtterPuss, M.D.
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2006, 01:09:03 AM »
Quote from: aimaime;223174

I finished the game at 60hrs in my opinion its waay too short I expected 80hrs at least. I got misled just by looking at the world map and thought I was far from the end. For breaking the iron rocks you need to buy the hardhead skill from the dojo which is further down the game. And good luck with the last blockhead of the game in getting one of the abilities. The fishing game rocked.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 01:17:43 AM by Rakko »

Offline aimaime

• Ai T's Iced Tea
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Gakky^^
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2006, 08:55:57 AM »
Quote from: Shinora;223221
theres places where u can dig a hole and be dropped down into certain areas, in those areas, theres a fountain, donate the maximum amount possible 3 times and u'll get lvl2/3 of the original ability.  sry if my explaination is a bit vague, just woke up =D

ahh.. thanks i'll try that. i was wondering what the fountains were for.

Quote from: Rakko;223496
For breaking the iron rocks you need to buy the hardhead skill from the dojo which is further down the game. And good luck with the last blockhead of the game in getting one of the abilities. The fishing game rocked.

i've already beaten the last boss because i wanna see the ending but now i'm playing again to collect everything that i've missed. bought the blockhead skill but can't break the iron rocks. have to level it up somehow. maybe by doing what the fountain thing..

i kinda cheated with the last blockhead. i took a video of the blockhead sequence using my digicam and then just watched the vid to watch the weakness points XD

anyway anyone managed to buy the 2,000,000 yen skill from the dojo? any idea what it is?

sangatsu7 - movies, music, variety shows, japan, aichan, rants, etc..

Offline Flow-

• Professional Slacker
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2006, 08:37:27 AM »
I love this game! This is probably the closest thing you can get to Zelda on a PS2. The graphics are beautiful and the story is awesome. I highly recommend it to everyone to at least try it out.

Offline dorobo

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2007, 06:02:11 AM »
i want to play it but can't my ps2 is out of service

Offline Yuna

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2007, 04:27:44 PM »
I started playing it last week. The games is far better than I expected. I loved the brush tool, the way you can cut everything, the graphics, overall the game is great.

Offline Sexykago

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2007, 07:49:56 AM »
This game is the greatness! :D
I'm stuck in this one spot though...

Offline s_leonhart

• Member+
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2007, 09:45:16 AM »
expect no less from the developer of viewtiful joe and god hand. i really enjoy this game for it's free roaming and funny jokes

Offline drkazndragon

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2007, 05:30:22 AM »
only thing i didnt like was the voices or rather lack of. but i cant wait to see if an updated ps3 can scale this game.

Offline eynjel18

• Sayumi Daisuki
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SAYUMI MICHISHIGE CUTE FOREVER!!!
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2007, 06:53:03 PM »
playing it right now. I'm totally amazed by the visuals of this game. Pure art in motion.
I LOVE SAYUMI MICHISHIGE FOREVER!!!

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Double - You Got To feat. S-WORD